- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
BLACK MOUNTAIN TOWER
CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA
(EARTH-DXM)
* * * * *

The forklift maneuvered its hydraulic-powered prongs beneath the wooden pallet. As it did so, Ray Venn risked peeking around the corner of the crate, to his left. He saw that the leader of the trio (presumably the foreman) had a P.D.A. attached to the right side of his belt.

And, as his hiding place began to ascend, he made a bold move. He enlarged himself from half-an-inch tall to three inches tall. The equivalent, in the real world, of fifteen feet!

The foreman, and the subordinate parallel to him, were naturally stunned speechless by his sudden appearance. Allowing Ray enough time to pick them up and knock their heads together! He then used the worker in his right hand to club the forklift operator out of the driver's seat.

A minute later, Ray was once more half-an-inch tall...and depriving the foreman of his P.D.A.

To his relief, it had a rectangular gap compatible with the spring-heel jack. So, he plugged it in and pressed the button marked "ON." As he did so, he also closed his eyes, and began to concentrate. Subsequently, the data that began to upload into the jack also filled his mind as psychometric images.

Unfortunately, for him, this unauthorized transfer of information did not go unnoticed by the tech-support people in the computer records office.

"File wall breach!" shouted one of them to his immediate supervisor.

"Which one?" shouted the latter.

"All of them!!"

"Initiate counter-measures!"

"I can't! We've been locked out."

"Trace the flow."

"Tracing! Download is going to a wireless unit on the storage floor above S&R."

"Alert security."

In less time than it takes to tell, men dressed like World War II MP's were headed for the Shipping and Receiving Department. Each one armed with a Sizeloan Army molecular disruptor.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, back at G.T.S Headquarters, in Madison, Wisconsin, Samantha the super-witch entered the Senior Staff meeting room with Scott and Sarah Kensington. She sat down opposite them, with Natalie the mini-goddess still perched on her shoulder.

The latter could not resist giggling at the expression on the Kensingtons' faces when Samantha made a beckoning motion with her left index finger. Resulting in the water cooler in the bottom left corner of the room moving towards Samantha's seat!

"Please gaze into the water, folks. The images you see, therein, I will explain to you, telepathically."

They did as instructed. Almost immediately, they saw a group of women gathered around a trio of sculpted stones that resembled nothing less than the mathematical symbol for "pi."

Each woman wore a hooded robe of charcoal-gray. And, each woman suddenly started screaming as they were suddenly attacked from behind by figures dressed like male Pilgrims from a painting about the first American Thanksgiving!

"What you see," Samantha's voice echoed within their heads: "...occurred on a parallel-Earth where the Cromwellian Dynasty of England was never overthrown. So, Wiccan covens, like this one, had to flee to the New World. In this case, the Mystery Hill region of New Hampshire."

"Those men are Puritan witch-hunters?" asked Sarah (with her thoughts).

Samantha shook her head: "Sizevamps; disguised as witch-hunters. They shrink the mortals they drain dry. In this case? They've been attacking super-witch covens, like this one, across the multi-verse. And, draining their magic powers along with their life-forces!"

"But, to what end?" inquired Scott.

"To give themselves the power to shrink GTS-goddesses," replied Natalie.

tbc