- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The final chapter, for now. I'll return to this story, though, since I really like the characters, and there's a lot more left to tell. Thank you to everyone who read this story.

Though the sun was shining strongly, the deep waters of the lake were still cold. Susie didn’t care, though; she was having too much fun to notice. Though she hadn’t swum in a long, long time, she could still remember how, and the large lake a few miles south of Barton was the perfect place to do so. No boats dared to come near her, so she basically had the whole lake to herself.

 

That didn’t mean she was alone, though. News of the hundred-foot girl had spread quickly, first throughout the county, then throughout the state. The day after she’d decided to rescue Jake from the police, every newspaper in the country featured her as their main story. When she came down here just after sunrise, she’d been looking forward to a quiet, relaxing swim. In no time, however, they began to arrive. Thousands of people, including hundreds of reporters, news crews and photographers, crowded along the lakeshore. They gawked in astonishment at the redheaded giantess as she strode before them in the shallow water. She was wearing a blue bikini swimsuit, though where she got it few of them could guess.

 

Susie was equally astounded at the throngs of people that had gathered by the lake. She’d always thought of herself as a shy girl, but for some reason she enjoyed all the attention. She waved and smiled at the photographers and cameramen, and when she suddenly stepped in their direction they ducked for cover, which made her laugh. It felt amazing, knowing that she was so much stronger than the tiny people below her, that not one of them was even a match for one of her fingers. She felt a little like a goddess, and she loved it.

 

Eventually she grew bored posing for the crowd, so she decided to leave. But not without one last bit of fun, though. Next to her was a region of deeper water, and, leaping as high as she could, she splashed down into it with all her force. The resulting splash was truly enormous. A veritable shower descended upon the crowd of reporters, and a miniature tidal wave struck the shore, drenching everyone. Susie heard the shrieks of dismay, and wondered if she’d been a little too mean to them. But she quickly shrugged it off. After all, if they were going to spy on her from now on, they’d better be prepared for the consequences.

 

A small island lay in the centre of the lake, and she swam swiftly towards it. It was uninhabited, so no-one would be waiting for her, except the one person she’d brought there earlier. She walked towards a little beach and lay down on the warm sand. It really was a tiny beach, and she had to curl up her legs in order to fit. Away from the crowds, she heard only the peaceful sounds of the birds in the trees, and the waves lapping the shore. The sun kept shining, and within a few minutes she was completely dry.

 

Just as she was drifting off into a doze, she felt a ticklish sensation near her waist. Someone was trying to climb up her side and onto her stomach. Lifting her head slightly, she saw Jake struggling in an attempt to climb her.

 

“Need some help?” she giggled. Before he could answer, she stuck her hand in the sand beneath him. In no time at all she’d deposited him on her stomach, just above her belly button. She shivered as he lay down on her; evidently he’d just returned from a swim and was still wet. He stretched out upon her exposed skin, running his arms across her.

 

“Ahhhh,” he sighed. “That’s perfect. So warm, so comfortable…”

 

“Hey, I’m trying to get a perfect tan here, you know?”

 

She grasped his waist between her fingers and dangled him above her face. Then she rolled over and dropped him on the ground. With one scoop of her hand she dug a massive hole in the sand. Into the hole she dropped Jake, then she refilled it with sand. She laughed at how embarrassed he looked. Only his head and shoulders emerged from the sand and, try as he might, he could not free himself. He could see her massive breasts in front of him, crushing the ground beneath them, and he felt extremely puny. Having a giantess for a girlfriend was definitely not going to be easy. But he’d promised to stand by her always, and he intended to keep that promise.

 

“So, did you enjoy your swim?” he asked, as she stroked his head. She nodded, and he could see her eyes sparkling with delight. It must be wonderful for her, after all those years cooped up in a small cabin, to suddenly feel so free.

 

“It was wonderful,” she said, as if she’d read his thoughts. “Thank you for taking me here, Jake. I’ll come here every day from now on.” She dug him loose and he shook the sand off him.

 

“I think we’d better get back soon,” he said. “Not much time left before your interview, you know.”

 

“Oh, damn, I’ve almost forgotten about it! I hope I’m not late! Come on, let’s go!”

 

She picked him up and waded into the water. When it became too deep for her to stand, she placed him on her shoulder. He held on tightly to the strap of her bikini as she swam calmly back to the mainland. Her interview was scheduled to start an hour from now. All the major news networks will be in attendance, but she felt confident she’d be able to answer their questions. She was ready to face the world, but was the world ready to accept her. Susie really wanted people to like her and feel comfortable around her, but that would demand a lot of hard work from her. Her old life was well and truly over, and an exciting new one lay ahead. And for the first time, she felt glad about it.

The end.