- Text Size +

Chapter two

 

This is CBC six clock news with your host Tod Loud.

“Good Evening, a great disaster of massive proportions has struck the Halifax area. At least 300 people are known to be dead, with over a thousand missing. There are unconfirmed reports that the premier of Nova Scotia is among the dead. Witnesses have reported seeing a gigantic woman in armour thousands of feet tall. Authorities refuse to comment on these reports except to tell us, that all of mainland Nova Scotia is under a state of an emergency. Just over two hours ago, the Prime Minister and his cabinet, started a close door emergency meeting. They promise an announcement shortly.

 

This just in. The state of an emergency has been extended to southern New Brunswick. We are getting some frantic reports from CBC Saint John. Let’s go there live.”

Television viewers across the country could not believe their eyes. A beautiful blond woman in armour, was walking across the bay of Fundy. She was heading straight for the city of Saint John.

“These are live pictures. Judging from what, she did to Nova Scotia. Were assuming this is an attack?”

Closer and closer, Conquest came to the camera. It soon became obvious just how big she was. When she reached the harbour, only her bottom half was within the camera field of view. Without a care in the world, she began crushing everything within reach.

“This is Bob Frank, of CBC Saint John. As you can see from our camera on the roof she is not bothering to look where she stepping. Oh no, she going to step on us.”

A huge foot covered the TV screen.  Then there was nothing but static.

 

“We have lost contact, with our dear friends in Saint John New Brunswick. I fear they are probability dead. Stay tuned to this station for more giantess coverage. 

Tom waited outside Father Orson home. It was a few minutes to seven. He had spent most of the afternoon packing. He had a feeling he would be on the road a while. So he packed as many things as he could in his car.  He had called his parents during the afternoon. They were relieved he was all right. He promised to try to keep in touch with them.

 

Right at seven, Rita showed up driving her sports car. Like Tom she had also stuffed her car with essential items.

“Let’s get this over with.”

They knocked on the door. 

Father Orson was in mid prayer when he heard the knock on the door.

“Who could that be?” he wondered. He got up and opened the door.

“Oh, It’s you, Tom. Who’s your Friend?”

“Father Orson, this is Tina Blair.  We came here asking for your help.”

“How can I help you?”

“You mentioned to me yesterday that four giantesses were going to destroy the world. We need you to tell us everything you know about them.”

“Please come in, It’s best we talk about this sitting down.”

 

Once they were seated around the Kitchen table, father Orson began to speak,

“The world is being punished for its sins. The almighty has sent four goddesses to accomplish this task. Personally I feel the term Goddesses is blasphemy. But that what my visions calls them.  Conquest has already arrived, Slaughter will arrive Tomorrow, Famine the day after that, and finally Death will arrive three days from now. Each of these goddesses will arrive in Nova Scotia, then move elsewhere.”

“Do you know where there going?” Tina asked.

AI get the impression that conquest and Slaughter will fallow major highways and visit major cities. The Trans-Canada and interstate 95 come to mind for some reason. Famine will definitely visit farming areas. I don’t know what path Death will take.”

“Are there any safe areas we can go to?” Tom asked.

“I don’t know. It depends on God. Revelation, which talks about the end of the world, is not encouraging. “

“Well it’s clear, it’s risky to stay in Nova Scotia. But our funds are limited, where can we go?” Tina asked.

“I’ll think of something.” Tom Replied.

 

As Tom and Tina left Father Orson’s place, Conquest headed for Fredericton.  It was a short jog (for her) from Saint John. The military decided it was time to strike again.  A single f18 streaked toward Conquest.  Kevin Simpson then fired several air to air missiles at Conquest. He might as well throw pebbles at her.

Kevin Simpson seeing the air to air missiles were having no effect, decided it was time for more drastic measures. He aimed his f18 straight at Conquest’s face. Then he set a collision course, hoping that the impact his jet made, would hurt Conquest. Larger and larger Conquest appeared through the windshield. Then at the last moment Kevin ejected from his plane.  The plane hit Conquests right between the eyes, exploding in a fireball.

 

Conquest was taken by surprise, she stumbled and fell flat on her face. Cheers erupted from the city of Fredericton. (She was just a few kilometres of the city) These cheers turned to groans, when Conquest got up again, her face showing no sign of damage.

 

“I am not amused.” She said to the city of Fredericton.

“Will the premier of New Brunswick please show himself?”A When she got no response. She then said,

“If premier Bushman surrenders to me, I will spare the city of Fredericton.”

Moments later, a car carrying a white flag came up to Conquest’s feet. A man carrying a mega phone then got out of the car.

“This is Mike Bushman. Please spare my city.”

“Since you asked nicely. I will avoid going through the city. I return you must agree to become my prisoner.”

Mike Bushman hesitated. Being a prisoner to a goddess didn’t trill him. But if he could spare lives he would be a hero. Besides did he really have a choice?

“Very well. I agree to your terms.”

Conquest materialised a huge bag.

“Into the bag, Mr. Premier.”

With a heavy heart he walked into the bag. 

“I’ve got the premier in the bag.” Conquest cried.

 

Conquest then headed, toward the Trans-Canada.  When she got there, she headed west. Following the road, Her huge feet destroyed the highway in places. She then began to sing.

“Going down the road. Going down the road. You better get out of my way, for I’m going down the road. “

 

It was a driver worst nightmare. Conquest moved along at a thousand miles per hour.  Drivers had no time to get out of the way. Trucks, cars and buildings all got crushed under her feet. People tried to flee, but in many cases, Conquest arrived before they could do anything.

 

“This is Tod Loud, of CBC news. The prime Minister is about to make a statement. We now take you live to parliament Hill.”

The prime Minister of Canada stood in front of the assembled crowd of reporters.

“I want to thank you all for coming. This mourning a gigantic Woman of unknown origin appeared in Nova Scotia. This woman later moved to New Brunswick. She currently heading west on the Trans-Canada. We asked that anyone living with 12 kilometres of the affected highway to leave their homes. This order is in effect from Fredericton to Riviere-du-Loup. Let me assure you that were doing the best we can to deal with the situation. That is all I got to say.”

A dozen reporters tried to ask him questions. But he ignored them all.

 

When she reached Edmundston, she decided it was time to stop for the night. Making sure the bag was sealed tight. Conquest didn’t want her prisoner to get away.  She then made a pillow out of thin air.  Picking a spot on the edge of the town, she then lay down and went to sleep.

 

Mike Bushman did not like his ride with Conquest. The bag swung back and forth as she walked. Giving Mike motion sickness. When Mike realised, they had stopped. He tried to get out of the bag. But it was tied and the material was too firm for him to rip.

“Somehow I’ll get out of this bag.” He told himself.

 

When dawn came to Halifax, things were starting to get back to normal. People who pledged allegiance to Conquest began to feel foolish. There was even talk, of punishing them as traitors.  Then a flash was seen to the south of the city. A mile high woman quickly replaced this. She had brown hair and blood stained armour. Then she said the words that brought a chill to all who heard them.

“I am Slaughter. Prepare to die.”

 

To be continued