- Text Size +
Chapter seven 

The night sky for miles around was lit up. Staten Island and every where else for miles around, got engulfed by a radioactive firestorm. When the firestorm passed, Slaughter was still standing. He armour had been melted into radioactive slag but she was intact, and very pissed off.  She removed the remains of her old armour. Then made herself a new suit of armour.  Since it was getting close to dawn she decided to stay up and began the slaughter. With luck she would catch the ones who ordered an attack on her and make them die a slow and painful death.

 

The Sun was still rising when Death arrived in Nova Scotia. Her face looked like a skull and her skin was very pale and thin. She resembled a skeleton covered with skin, although with her black cloak, it was hard to tell.  Like her fellow goddess she was a mile high, unlike her fellow goddess she didn’t have to touch people to kill them. Just being in her presence was enough to kill people and turn buildings into crumbling ruins.

 

The coastal communities of Guysborough County were the first targets.  She would sweep her bony hand over them and their inhabitants would die. Community after community bit the dust. The town of Canso (which is in Guysborough County) tried to resist her.

“It’s not our time to go. “ Mayor Tim Homer cried.

“Canso has been in existence since the early 17th century. It’s had a long enough life. It’s time for you to DIE!”

“NO!” the town’s people cried as the life was ripped from their bodies. Death then moved onto industrial Cape Breton.

 

The workers at Syco Steel. Watched Deaths approach. They have been dreading this day for a long time.

“Please give us, more time. “ They begged.

“Sorry, no can do. “ She then stepped on the steel plant crushing it flatter than a pancake. Coal mines were her next targets. She murders the miners and collapsed their mines. Then she killed off the inhabitants of Glace Bay, New Waterford, Dominion and Sydney. Satisfied Death then moved onto Newfoundland.

 

Conquest got up before dawn reached Alberta. She wanted to visit Vancouver and Victoria. But she was supposed to meet Slaughter at Washington, D.C. at noon eastern time. Getting out her atlas she looked at the distances involved. And decided British Columbia would have to wait for another day.  Conquest said goodbye to Edmonton, then started the long trek to Washington, D.C.

 

Famine having spent the night in the upper Saint River valley, headed for southern Quebec. While she walked, she visited every farm she came across. The diary farms of the St. Lawrence River got hit hard, as she moved south, toward greener pastures.

 

No mater how many cows, pigs or crops she ate, she never got full. Farmers wondered where she putting it all. But she didn’t know herself.

 

While, this was going on, the smart people were leaving Washington, D.C. They realized that being one of the most important cities in the world. They were bound to be a target. Reports of Slaughter moving south also added to those fears.  White house officials urged the president to get on air force one and get the heck out of Washington. But he refused to budge.

“Our attacks on her have failed. I must bare responsibility. I will stay.”

 

Slaughter was disappointed to find Northern New Jersey to be almost deserted.  Only a few thousand people were left to be killed. She had better luck in Philadelphia. Only half of the population had fled. She quickly went in for the kill. The mayor begged her to spare the city. Claiming that irreplaceable historic sites like Independence Hall was vital for the cultural heritage of the United States. Slaughter response was,

“Who cares. The US isn’t going to last much longer anyway.” She then proceeded to destroy the city. Within two hours there was nothing left of Philadelphia. Slaughter then moved south to Chester and from there Wilmington Delaware.

 

Conquest raced across the continent. Her route took her south east through Saskatchewan, the Dakota, south western Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, then she turned east, toward Washington, D.C. She cut through the states of Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia.

 

Conquest did not stop to see the sights she kept on going. People and towns in her path had little warning of her approach. For her walking speed was around 1000 miles an hour. It was sheer luck whatever you lived or died. Take the Brown family for instance. Suzanne Brown decided to stay in the car, while her husband, Steve Brown went in the hardware store. While Steve was in the store, Conquest showed up. She crushed the hardware store along with several other buildings. Then she kept on going. Suzanne looked at the footprint in shock. Another 30 feet closer and she would have been crushed too.

 

Noon Eastern Time found Conquest in Northern Virginia, North West of Washington, D.C.

“Darn, I’m going to be late.” She thought.

Slaughter was Baltimore when the noon hour struck. She was digging a trench around the city to try to stop people from leaving the city. Her laptop computer buzzed.

“Is it that late?” she cried. She hated to leave but she was supposed to meet Conquest in Washington, D.C. And march hand in hand to the white house.

“Don’t go anywhere. I’ll be back. “ Slaughter said to the people of Baltimore as she went to join Conquest.

 

The two goddesses meet in Wheaton Maryland.

“You’re late. “

“So are you Conquest. I don’t get it. Why the United States get special treatment? Only one of us is needed to destroy them.”

“True. But this way I get to lecture, humiliate and just plain teases them. I can’t wait to get started.”

Hand and hand Conquest and Slaughter headed for the white house.

 

The American president watched the goddess approach. Several of his generals were there with him.

“Mr. President I wish to get your authorization for ‘big bang’ in case the pentagon falls to the enemy.”

“Is that really necessary General Cold? Big Bang would wipe out much of Washington, D.C.”

“Slaughter will kill everyone in this city anyway.”

The president started to argue, but the ground started to shake. The goddess had arrived. They stopped a mere 200 feet form where he stood. General Cold sneaked off to the pentagon, while the president confronted the goddess.

 

“I am Gordon Horn, President of the United States of America. May I ask what your doing here?”

“We are here to punish and humiliate you. For far too long, Americans have acted like they have owned the Earth. They even consider their president to be the most powerful man in the world. It’s time for America to be destroyed or if you’re lucky turned into an insignificant country.”

“We do not deserve destruction. While I must admit, we consider ourselves to be the most important people in the world. America spreads the cause of Freedom and hope through the world.”

Conquest almost burst out laughing.

“Come on. Let’s be honest. The United States acts like a bully toward other nations.”

“That’s a lie.”

“Then why have bases through the world? Why did you get involved in the Vietnam war, the gulf war or bomb countries you don’t like? Libya and Yugoslavia come to mind.”

“We might have made mistakes. But that doesn’t give you the right to judge us. Only God can judge us.”

“I got news for you God has judged you and found you wanting.”

 

Before the president could respond, a news crew arrived on the scene.  A cute redhead reporter went up to Conquest and said;

“Hi, I’m Mindy Jones from Cannel 5 news. Can I interview you?”

“I’m already involved in an interview so to speak with the president.”

Mindy turned around and noticed the president for the first time.

“Hello. Mr President. Mind if I listen in on your talk?”

“All right. But remember who in charge around here.”

 

Slaughter was getting increasingly bored. She was starting to fidget. Then she could take it any more she had to destroy something or someone. The pesky news team was her first target. Without warning she moved around Conquest then crushed the news team underfoot.

“What did you do that for?” Conquest asked.

“I need to destroy something. Come to think of it, the pentagon is near by. I should make them pay for launching an attack on me.”

 

“I authorized the attack. Punish me instead.”

“I will Mr. President once Conquest is finished with you. But first the pentagon.”

 

The pentagon lay across the Potomac River in Virginia. Slaughter reached it in a moment walk. She looked down at the building. The people in the building looked back at her.

“For launching attacks on me I’m going to make you and just about everyone else for miles around a slow and painful death. What are you going to do about that?”

General Cold who had reached the pentagon. Replied,

“Big bang’ a go.”

The pentagon top secret plan in case the building fell to the enemy came into effect. An A-bomb hidden deep within the building went off. The pentagon disappeared under a mushroom cloud along with much of Arlington, and Washington, D.C.

“No. You can’t do this to me. A Slaughter cried.

“What did you do?” Conquest asked.

“Threaten them with a slow and painful death.”

“So they figured, Death by A-bomb was an easier way to go. Got to hand you Slaughter you got a reputation.”

“Don’t you have something better to do?”

“Well I plan to start a state governor collection and I plan to spend a lot a time in western Canada. By the way, I consider Alberta to be my personal property. I don’t want any other goddess touching it.”

“Fine. How are you going to kept Famine and Death out?”

“I’ll find and talk to them. See you later Slaughter.”

 

To be continued