- Text Size +

Chapter five

 

Almost nobody expected her. Especially not the farmers of Digby County. Shortly after dawn she appeared. She was the same size of her fellow goddesses. Her hair was stringy and dark, her skin was brown. Unlike Conquest and Slaughter she wore no armour. Her thin body was plain to see.

“I am Famine, And I’m starving.”

 

Famine then goes on to the nearest farm. When she got there she, proceeded to eat all the livestock and crops. Then she moved onto the next farm. She moved eastward through the Annapolis valley.  Visiting every farm, she could find.

 

The McDonnalds watched Famine approach with dismay. Their fruit crop was far from being ready to harvest, and they didn’t want to louse it now.

“Go away. Our crop is not ripe. There is no food here.”

“I’m hungry.” Famine replied.

“Go elsewhere, you ugly bitch.”

Mr. McDonald just made a fatal mistake. Never, Never call a goddess ugly. Famine then grabbed McDonald and swallowed him whole. Mrs. McDonald ran into the house screaming. Still feeling pissed off, she picked up the house and ate it.

Famine didn’t like the taste of the house. She preferred to eat organic materials.  She continued her track east, until she reached a large belt of Dairy farms.

“Now this is more like it. I just love dairy products.” She began to feast.

 

There was a light drizzle falling in Waterville Maine. Slaughter barely noticed it, she was already heading south. Augusta Maine was her next stop. She was disappointed that the city was half empty. She destroyed the place anyway, and continued her southward trek.

 

Around nine in the mourning, Conquest woke up. She got up and stretched. Then she headed for Toronto.  People scrambled to get out of her way, for she made no attempt to avoid stepping on buildings or people.

 

When she reached Markham, she stopped. Toronto was within her sights, but to everyone surprise she wasn’t heading for the downtown. Instead she made a huge coffee cup appear out of mid air. It was 600 feet tall.

“Good mourning Toronto. I have a task for you. See this coffee cup. I want it filled with Tim Horton coffee. And I want it within an hour. If you fail to provide me coffee, I will level your city to the ground.”

 

Tom Sawbuck president of Tom Horton went to Markham to plead with Conquest. Saying an hour wasn’t enough time to fill her cup. And he pointed out that his employees would have a hard time getting the coffee in the cup in the first place. Conquest responded by adding ladders to the cup, and extending the deadline by two hours.

 

An army of Tim Horton workers then went back and forth, between their restaurants and the enormous coffee cup. Police blocked all other traffic, so the coffee people would have an easier time of it. Tim Horton in the surrounding cities and towns also pitched in. Still, despite having thousands of people pour in thousands of gallons of coffee. It was slow work. For people had to climb the many ladders to get coffee into the cup.  They barely completed the task in time.

 

Conquest then took a ship of coffee.

“This is good. “ She then downed the rest of the cup within two minutes.

“Would you guys like to be my permanent coffee makers?”

Upon hearings these words, half the Tim Horton employees dropped dead of exhaustion.

“Sighs you just can’t get good help these days. See you later.”

Conquest then headed west, going through the cities of Markham and Richmond Hill.

 

Slaughter continued her march south. Portland Maine was the next city to feel her fury. It got wiped off the map in minutes. Wanting to kill as many people as possible she didn’t linger in the southern Maine towns. Instead she just walked through them, leaving foot prints of devastation. She paused at Portsmouth NH. To make sure she destroyed the whole city leaving almost no buildings standing.  Then she resumed her southward trek along interstate 95.

  

“Hello. I’m Tim Armstrong. Reporting to you live from somewhere in the danger zone. As you can see, people are still leaving. All the roads are jammed with cars. Let’s go up to one.”

Tim went up to a blue Chevrolet. It held a family of four.

“Hello, my name is Tim Armstrong. And you folks are?”

“Were the White family. Man I should have left earlier. Never dreamed the road would be this jammed.”

“Are we going to be on the news Daddy?”Tammy white asked.

“You’re already are, little lady.”

Then the ground began to shake. Everyone turned to the north. Slaughter was approaching fast destroying everything in sight.

“That does it. Everyone out of the car. We are going to run for it.”

Tim soon found himself in a flood of Humanity. For everyone was abandoning their cars.  He tried fallowing the Whites for he interested in their fate. But he soon lost them in the crowd. Tim then turned his attention to Slaughter. She was stamping her feet a lot. The image of a person stepping on ants came to mind. Except it was people and buildings she was crushing not ants.

 

“Now I know what an ant feels like.” Were the words that came to Ms. White mind as she and her family. Which consisted of her, her husband and two kids, Sue and Mike tried to get away.  Slaughter was a lot faster than them though. Slaughter feet came crashing down, in front of them crushing dozens of people. The Whites got scattered. Slaughter feet came down again, crushing Sue and her daddy. Ms. White and Mike ran for a while, until Mike fell into one of Slaughter footprints. The print was deep, and Mike ended up breaking his leg on the way down. Ms. White climbed in after her son.

 

For some reason Slaughter, noticed the White’s in one of her foot prints. She bends down for a closer look.

“Ah, isn’t that sweet. You’re trying to help your son.”

“Leave us alone. A Ms. White cried.

Slaughter response was to slam her fist down on poor Ms. White and her son Mike.

 

Slaughter had a plan for the greater Boston area. She was noticing that her prey was getting away. She wanted to trap as many people as possible in the Boston area. She dug a deep trench, around the urban blob that was Boston and its suburb. This trench roughly fallowed the Yankee Division Highway. It was hundreds of feet wide and hundreds deep. This greatly slowed the stream of people, leaving the greater Boston area. Slaughter then went in for the kill. She brought out her Juicer.

 

Tom and Tina were seeing the sights. When they felt, the ground began to shake. Looking to the south, they saw Famine. She was going from potato farm to potato farm, eating all the potatoes.

“So much for you theory. That PEI would be too small to attract a goddess attention.”

“So I was wrong. Sue me. Although we should move on. We’re standing less then a kilometre from a farm.”

Famine was getting closer and closer. She looked like a mountain towering over the farms. Tom and Tina got into their cars and drove off, but Prince Edward Islands roads are not built for speed.  They didn’t get very far, before Famine was upon them. While Famine was after crops not people, that stop her from crushing people.  Tim watched in horror as her body appeared in from of him. He slammed on the brakes but ended up crashing into her ankle wrecking the car. Fortunately Tom only got a few scrapes.

 

Tina seeing Tom was in trouble, turned around and went to help him.

“Forget, what you got in the car we need to get out of here.”

“But we need those supplies.”

“Come with me now. Or be left behind.”

Part of Tom wanted to stay and watch Famine at work. But he also liked Tina, so he got in her car. Tina then drove off has fast as she could while Famine continued her feeding frenzy.

 

By mid afternoon, it was hard to tell where Boston had been. Not one city block was intact. And hundreds of thousands lay dead. Slaughter first act, had been to put 60,000 people threw her juicer, and then drink their blood. Then she went on a rampage sparing nothing. World famous universities and collages like Harvard and the Mass inst. of tech were destroyed in minutes.  Historic sites became history under Slaughter. But not a tear did, she shed.  Quite the opposite the more people she killed, the happier she became. 

When Slaughter was finished with greater Boston, she then fallowed the 95 to Rhode Island. Once there she destroyed the city of Providence. Then she resumed fallowing interstate 95 getting ever closer to New York City.

 

After lingering in southern Ontario for a couple of hours Conquest decided to resume her cross Canada trek. She headed north west, and after going through lake Huron she ended up in Saulte Ste. Marie. From there she fallowed the Trans-Canada westwards.

 

While this going on, Canada was without a real leader. The deputy prime minister was now in charge of the county. But he was too chicken to confront Conquest. Instead all efforts were made to help people who survived Conquest passing.

 

In the states, the American president the cabinet and his generals, debated their next move.

President: Should we launch another attack on slaughter?

Cabinet: “With what? Our last attack barely slowed her.”

Generals: “We have yet to use chemical weapons. Or our nuclear weapons on her.”

President: “There no guarantee these weapons would work. Besides she is moving through highly populated areas. The civilian casualties would be great.”

Cabinet: “Speaking of Civilians. What if Slaughter not satisfied with New York City?  The city of Philadelphia is not that far from her. It could be at risk.”

Generals: “Her goal seems to be, kill as many people as possible. Every large city could be at risk.”

President: ”I’m I supposed to tell the American people to abandon their cities?  We already lost Boston to her, not to mention many other smaller cities.”

Cabinet: “Tell the people to consider leaving the cities in the mid Atlantic States. We hate to bring this up, but what about Conquest and Famine?”

President: “They’re not on American soil.”

Generals: “True at last report, Conquest was in Ontario. Famine in the Maritimes.”

President: “We’ll let the Canadians deal with them. For Slaughter the greater treat to us.”

 

Slaughter paused for a break in New Haven Connecticut. She got out her laptop.

People slaughtered

Day 2 1,820,567

 

“Yes, I broke the million marks. And I’ve yet to reach New York City.” Slaughter then got up and resumed her journey. It was already three in the afternoon and she wanted to level as much of New York as possible by nightfall.

 

Conquest fallowed the trans-Canada westward. She acted like she was a tourist, causing relatively little damage. Expect when she went through cities and towns. People in the Prairie Provinces were surprised to see her. They didn’t feel they would be a target. The primer of Manitoba was actually in Winnipeg, was she arrived.

“Spare my province. “ The primer begged.

“No can do.” Conquest replied. She then added the primer of Manitoba to her collection. Conquests then went on to level downtown Winnipeg. Then she moved onto Winnipeg international airports. Which became toast after a few good foot stomping. Satisfied she headed west.

 

To be continued