- Text Size +

Chapter four

 

Slaughter followed the trans-Canada westwards until she reached exit 191, the exit that lead to highway 95.  She then followed the 95 to the Canada/United States border. The border guards watched in terror as Slaughter got closer and closer. They had barely enough time to alert, Washington that Slaughter was invading the US, before Slaughter kicked the border posts in oblivion.

 

In nearby Houlton, Maine. Terry Burns watched Slaughter approach. Terry was a giantess fan, who didn’t like his fellow towns people very much. For years he had dreams where his hometown got wiped off the face of the Earth by a giantess.  Wanting to take advantage of the situation, he grabbed a megaphone, and headed for the roof of the nearby high school.

 

Slaughter was walking down interstate 95, when Terry shouted,

“GO, baby go.”

Interested, Slaughter changed direction, and headed for the town of Houlton. The townspeople were out raged. How dares one of their own encourage a mass murderess. 

“Come on baby, Wipe this town . . . “

Before Terry could finish the sentence, a sharp shooter had shot him dead. But it was too late. Slaughter had already noticed the town. She was being in a good mood.

“You shot one of my fans. I have very few fans. You’re dead meat.” The people of Houlton tried to get away, but Slaughter killed every man, woman and child in town.

 

The Prime Minister of Canada stood in front of the House of Commons. Against the advice of his advisors, he decided to face Conquest in person. As he expected, she headed straight for the Parliament buildings.

“I been expecting you.”

“So the prime minister of Canada is brave enough to face me.”

“I figured we could work something out.”

“You sound like Mr. Blockhead. I ended up bagging him. Why should you be any different?”

The Prime Minister frowned. This was not going to plan.

“We will stop you in the end.”

Conquest laughed.

“You don’t have the means. Do you know what I think about Humans?”

“No. But I have a feeling you’re going to tell me.”

“Humanity, never has there been a species so proud, so arrogant, with so little reason to be. Your accomplishments are so little, yet you think highly of them.”

“I won two back to back majority governments.”

“I was talking about Humanity as a whole insignificant fool.”

“We will nuke you if necessary.”

“It won’t work. Goddesses are invulnerable to A-bombs, H-bombs. Even the Morphers anti-matter bombs are incapable of destroying me.”

“The who?”

“That’s just another example of your ignorance, your world has no awareness of other universes. Or of races greater than your own. But I don’t have the time to teach you.”

“God will stop you.”

“You fool. You just don’t get it. God sent me and my fellow goddesses to this world. I was going to add you to my collection. But you’re too dumb and vain for my taste.”

Conquest then crushed the Prime Minister out of existence.

 

While this was going on people in Washington were planning their attack.

“Its looks like you could be right Goldwater. She is following interstate 95. I just wish you’re wrong about her destination.”

“Her goal seems to be to slaughter as many people as possible. It makes sense for her to head for New York via the New England States. Sir, do you think it’s possible to evacuate people within the danger zone?”

“Entire states are within the danger zone. There just too many millions of people to move. We need to wipe her out now. Here is where we’ll wipe her out.”

The president pointed to a spot on the map, not far from Bangor. 

 

An aide then burst into the room.

“We just word that Conquest has killed the Prime Minister of Canada. And is currently demolishing the Parliament buildings.”

“Tell our forcing to destroy Conquest, the instant she out of Ottawa.”

“Wills do sir.”

 

 After Conquest levelled the Parliament buildings, she then destroyed downtown Ottawa. While she was doing this, she noticed the fighter plans.

“Those fools.  Think they can destroy me. I’ll show them.”

Conquest then went out to meet them.

 

Twenty fighter planes and 30 tanks went out to meet Conquest. The planes fired missile after missile at her, but with little effect. All they seemed to do was blind her at times. The tanks were having even worst luck. Not only were the shells, bouncing off her armour. The tanks were getting crushed underfoot.  Within an hour, only the fighter planes were left.

 

The force sent against Slaughter didn’t do much better. It consisted of 80 planes, 10 attack helicopters and 60 tanks. Wave after wave of planes shot their missiles at Slaughter. Slaughter would then strike back at the planes destroying the ones that came too, close. She did the same to the helicopters which hovered around her like mosquitoes. This slowed her southward march, enough that the first of the tanks met her at Old Town, Maine.  The tank crews did their best, but it was no use. Slaughter crushed them one by one. By the time she reached Bangor, the tanks were in full retreat and the planes, rapidity running out of ammo.

 

This is CBC six clock news with your host Tod Loud.

“Good evening. The military currently engaged in battles with Conquest and Slaughter. Reports are sketchy, but early indications are that were lousing both battles. Conquest is currently fighting the military south of Ottawa while the battle of Maine is taking place in the Bangor area.

 

There is speculation that Slaughter’s goal, is the density populated areas of New England and possibly New York City. There are reports of panic, in the states of NH, Mass, RI and New York City. Officials refuse to comment except to plead for people to keep calm. Southern Ontario residents are also concerned except their threat is Conquest.”

 

It was evening, by the time slaughter finished fighting the US military. She continued her track, killing off, the people of Bangor, and the towns along the interstate 95. It was sunset, when she reached Waterville Maine. She was starting to get tried, and decided to spend the night here. But first she wanted to kill, a few more people. She did a belly flop on the town of Waterville, crushing the downtown, and serving shaking the remaining buildings. When the dust had settled, she got out her laptop. The screen said;

Person’s slaughtered

Day one: 602,756

 

“Less than what I was hoping for. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll slaughter over a million people.”

 

Meanwhile, Conquest was walking through southern Ontario, Heading toward Toronto. It was getting late, so Conquest decided to spend the night at Peterborough Ontario.

 

Gerald Graves couldn’t believe his luck. A mega goddess had come to his hometown. He always dreamt of making love to a mega giantess. Getting his gear ready he went into action.

 

Conquest was surprised to hear singing. She was even more surprised, when she realized the song was about her.

“Oh Blond beauty.

You tower over the countryside

My heart goes a flame, at the sight of your face

Oh great goddess

Can I be your lover?”

“I like the song. But I can’t be your lover. You might want to try it with some GTS-goddess sometime.”

“You mean GTS-Goddess really exist?” Gerald had read about them on the net.

“Yes, but I and my fellow goddesses of the apocalypse are superior to them. Good night Mr. Graves.”

 

“Mr. President. We have lost the battle. We have to make a decision. Should we try to evacuate, the people in the danger areas?”

“There no way, we can get them all out in time. And where can we put them?”

“Shouldn’t we at least try? If we start to evacuate now, we could save some lives.”

“Sigh. Give me a couple of moments. I’ll prepare an address to the nation.”

 

We interrupt our broadcast for a message from the president. We now take you live to the white house.

“My fellow Americans. I must bring you bad news. Earlier today our country was invaded by a mega giantess, one mile in height. Calling herself Slaughter. She is currently in Waterville, Maine. I wish to speak to you tonight, to assure you were working on stopping her. But as a precaution, were advising people to leave the fallowing areas.” He then went to a map behind him.

“In Maine, Kennebec, Sagadahoc, Androscoggin, Cumberland and York counties. In New Hampshire Rockingham and Stratford counties. In Massachusetts, the city of Boston as well as the counties of Essex, Middlesex, Worcester, Bristol, Plymouth and Norfolk.   The entire states of Rhode Island and Connecticut. We also feel that New York City and the surrounding area is also in danger. I know I’m asking a lot of the people of the people of these states, but I feel until Slaughter is stopped. It’s better safe than sorry. May God bless America.”

 

As one can imagine mass panic broke out in the areas named. Soon all the roads and airports were jammed with people trying to flee. Many of the rich people and some middle class people managed to leave the affected areas. While many of the poor were too poor to try to flee. Others didn’t bother running they felt there was no place beyond Slaughter or Conquest reach. Besides they didn’t want to leave their homes.

 

As the night went on, the fleeing people went to various places. Vermont and the more remote parts of New Hampshire proved to be popular along the middle class. Rich people tried to leave the continent altogether.

 

At the president mourning briefing,

“How is the evacuation going?”

“About 15-20% of the people in the evacuation zone have left. But roads leaving the area is jammed. Severely slowing the movement of people. Also, a large number of people are refusing to leave.”

“Are they nuts?”

“They don’t want to leave their homes, and feel no place is safe from the goddesses. At least in North America.”

“What Conquest and Slaughter Status?”

“Slaughter woke up, five minutes ago and is now heading south. Conquest is still sleeping, but could wake up any time.”

“This is just great. Another massacre is about to take place.”

“I’m afraid so Mr. President.”

“Well at least things can’t get any worst.”

Just then an aide burst into the room.

“Mr. President. A third giantess has just appeared in Nova Scotia.”

 

To be continued