- Text Size +
This is a story written in conjunction with banfield, no doubt I will receive some detrimental comments about what’s been written but we welcome such criticism its what makes author’s infamous so we thank you all in advance.
Amanda/banfield.


The Parallel World By Amanda and Banfield
Chapter one.


Day one


The sun set three moons dominating the sky, their warm glow casting ghostly shadows over this alien landscape. Josh rubbed his eyes, the unique craft now still. He looked around, Samuel and Peter lay unconscious; the jolt from the landing had shook the ship up uncontrollably. The cabin filled with fumes.


Josh unstrapped himself from his seat; he felt queasy, his brain hammered against his skull, blood ran down his face from the cut on his forehead. This mission was turning out to be a disaster. He checked on his crewmates, the damage to the ship his next priority.


The fires now under control, he set about reviving his crew. The night passed by quickly. They watched in awe at the new dawn casting a warm glow over the alien landscape now stretching as far as the eye could see; the reds and yellows dancing amongst the foliage; an unseen hand pushing aside the large leaves teasing them in a rhythmic dance.


Intelligence taking over the scene now ignored as they busied themselves working out the mathematical facts to help them determine where they were on this alien world. Training and a focused mind their weapons, Logic as always the tool to be used to aid them in their quest; the world outside waiting to be discovered by them.


They busied themselves carrying out essential repairs to the instruments ready for their return to mother earth; the night sky crept by as strange noises emanated from the shadows. Teasing their imaginations, creatures yet to be discovered and catalogued. They were safely enclosed in a purpose-made shell, safe from harm the world outside not yet discovered. The dangers hidden from view, their knowledge limited to information based on remote probes sent from earth.


The Females of the species, the reason for their long journey to this unusual planet; an oddity to be studied and observed, not many planets had yielded life forms of a similar gene pool to ours, the genetic scientists on earth unable to contain their excitement at this new species. Speculation at the intelligence of these females demanded answers, so many questions needed to be answered, a mammoth task for the crew of three.


All three trained in varied fields to accommodate the needs of the mission; each a specialist in varied disciplines, biology, fauna and genetic engineering; some of a long list of skills acquired from their education to become astronauts.

Sleep took over their bodies now fatigued from the trip. They ate a meal before retiring to their bunks for a well earned rest, a new day waiting for discoveries by them.