- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
No Sub, but a Subaru

Tom woke up in darkness. He looked all around him realizing by the little light that there was, that he was still in his car. However the car was upside down, and he was looking up at the driver’s seat.

‘Have I been in a car accident,’ he thought rubbing his aching head. But there were no paramedics, no other cars, and no people around that he could see – just darkness with a little light from outside the car windows. The only sound that he could hear besides his own breathing was muffled talking, loud muffled talking.

“Hello?” Tom cried out to who ever was talking.

 Suddenly everything shifted.

“Holy shit!” Tom screamed as his vehicle was lifted up into the air and turned upright. Tom looked up and went pale. The entire sky was the face of a child.

“SEE, I TOLD YOU IT WAS COOL, GUYS!” the child boomed.

 

Jason took the toy car out of his pocket and showed his friends Toby and Michael.

“I told you it was cool,” Jason said with a smile.

“It looks to real!“ Toby exclaimed trying to grab the toy from his friend’s hand.

“It’s mine. Don’t touch it,” shouted Jason and licked the car. “Now it has my germs on it. Teacher says germs can kill you!

“Ew!” Michael shouted and the three boys went to their seats. Jason promptly put the car into his desk because he knew the bringing a toy to class was against the school policy.

 

Tom moved to the back end of the car as two more giant faces came into view. 

“IT’S MINE. DON’T TOUCH IT! The first child boomed, and without warming Tom could see the inside of the giant’s mouth, gleaming, teeth, dangly thing and all, and then, nothing but tongue.

 “Don’t eat me!” He shouted, but just as soon as the tongue had covered the car, it was moved away from the child’s mouth, into his hand, and moments later into a giant box of some sort. The muffled talking resumed.

Tom should his head in disbelief. He had to be dreaming. There was no such thing as giant children. He probably had a concussion from hitting his head. Tom slammed on the dashboard in frustration. All four of the car doors opened.

 

Tom got out of the car and looked around. Giant things surrounded him; giant books, giant pencils, a giant lunch box, a giant cookie, and a giant box of raisons. Overhead was wood and underneath him was painted metal. He could see because there were holes drilled into the bottom of each side of the room – holes two times the height of Tom.

This wasn’t a room though. This was a child’s desk.