- Text Size +
Then one day Diana was surprised. Batman approached her after a mission and asked her if she would like to come over to Wayne Manor for dinner. Diana came up with an excuse for Ray, and attended in her best dress, making sure that the world at large didn’t know she was visiting Bruce Wayne.

Bruce was looking decidedly dapper in one of his expensive suits. Alfred showed her to the table and then went to serve their meal. After they’d finished eating, Bruce asked her to dance.

“I wanted to thank you. Apart from a few occasions with you and Superman, I’m not used to being helped.”

So this was it. Bruce was just paying his debt. Well if he wouldn’t reciprocate her feelings, then maybe she did love Ray more. At least she had the option.

“Thank J’Onn J’Onzz too. He sent me.”

“I did.”

Bruce held her more closely and Diana kissed him. Then she knew. It wasn’t this loving gentleman who had kept her at a distance. It was the boy who had been traumatized as a child and misled by two women as an adult. That boy had finally given the gentleman a chance to come out.

They spent the night together in Wayne Manor, and then Batman was called for Watchtower duty.

Wonder Woman knew she had to give Ray some closure.

She knew he was in his laboratory, working as Ray Palmer.

She called on him in civilian clothes.

“Ray, I do love you, but I love someone else just a little bit more. For so long he seemed to be completely disinterested, but then he just asked me on a date, and I accepted. I enjoyed being with you, but I can’t continue. I’m sorry I’ve hurt you with this news.”

“Oh… Diana wait. There is one more thing you could do. I wouldn’t have missed these last few weeks for anything, regardless of what’s happening now. Could you do one more special favour for me?”

“What would it be?” she asked.

“I can shrink myself smaller than my six inch regular Atom size. I could go down to less than two inches, small enough to fit in your mouth.”