- Text Size +
“You’re not very subtle, are you?” asked Diana.

“Says the pot to the kettle,” countered Talia, “I’ve kept in the Shadows (or Society thereof) for a long time. Anyone can identify a woman like yourself, who flies around in her swimsuit on Justice League business.”

“Well I’ve only done that in recent years. I’ve been around for centuries,” said Wonder Woman.

“Really? I’m surprised we never met. I’m 403 next month,” said Talia.

“How can that be possible? You’re not an Amazon,” said Wonder Woman.

“Bruce has obviously never told you about my father’s Lazarus pits,” said Talia, trying to gain some pleasure from pointing out that she was privy to Batman secrets that had never been shared with Wonder Woman, “Although Father and I never even told Bruce that I was actually born relatively early in Father’s 600 years of life. I’ve used the pits to rejuvenate my own youth several times.”

“Well at least with me, he knows he’s getting a much older woman,” said Wonder Woman.

“He seems to have chosen you after years of resisting me,” said Talia, “I’d better go.”

So that was why Alfred hadn’t mentioned her. Talia loved Bruce, but something (presumably Batman’s war with her father) had prevented him from reciprocating. Diana smiled. She had faced the ultimate test. Talia had abandoned her father’s cause for Bruce. Yet he still preferred Diana. He was all hers now.

She wondered if he’d have made the same choice, if Bruce had known about her involvement with the Atom. She returned to Bruce’s bed, and lay down and wondered if she should tell him. He had taken a long time to respond to her advances. Wonder Woman had made all the first moves. Most men on earth, even most super heroes would have found that an incredible turn on. The Atom had made the first move with her, or had she done it herself, when she’d positioned him in that spot as they’d approached the Dark Heart.

Had she felt anything for the Atom, when she’d done that? Had she guessed how much he would have enjoyed it? It was only a spur of the moment decision in the heat of battle. She couldn’t think what else she would have done with him. Oh well, he had enjoyed it and initiated their time together. Now he was out of the picture, and Batman was her true love.

Let sleeping Bats and Atoms lie, she decided.