- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
HERE’S MORE, ESPECIALLY FOR CARYOMIC, WHO ENJOYED WHAT’S GONE BEFORE WITH A DOUBLE WOW, OR EVEN A DOUBLE ZOWIE.

MORE SPOILER WARNINGS: Chapters 10 onwards continue to make pre-textual references to subplots in Justice League Unlimited Season One, but also include pre-textual references to subplots in Batman: The Animated Series. Do not read these before you’ve watched the cartoons, unless you don’t mind what I give away here in order to tell my story.
Diana and Bruce were lying in bed one night in Wayne Manor, when Talia simply walked in on them. She was the daughter of Ras Al Gul, a global crime leader who had lived for 600 years.

“You and your father never really did learn to knock on the front door,” said Bruce, recalling the first time Ras Al Gul and his huge servant Ubu had first broken into the Batcave after deducing Batman’s secret identity shortly after Talia had first unmasked him.

“I have left my father, beloved, though it seems I am too late,” said Talia.

“I’ll get you some tea,” said Bruce, thinking that this development was bad enough, without having Alfred around to witness it while pouring tea that Bruce could make himself.

Bruce climbed off the bed and threw his dressing gown over his pyjamas. Diana did the same, and followed Bruce to the kitchen, with Talia close behind her.
It was awkward as they sat on the lounge room couches, drinking their tea. Diana was wondering why Alfred’s litany (of Batman’s attempts at relationships) had never included any mention of Talia.

Their tea was interrupted by Alfred entering the lounge room like a harbinger of bad news.

“Sorry Sir, but Commissioner Gordon’s calling for Batman. Apparently the Mad Hatter and the Riddler have formed an unlikely alliance and are holding Judge Vargas hostage.”

Bruce was still keen to avoid any reliance on Wonder Woman. He had defeated Bane without help once. With his mind distracted by thoughts of Diana, the last time he’d fought Bane, it made sense that she came to his rescue with her super powers to match or exceed Bane’s strength. However, Bruce didn’t want his girlfriend to make a regular habit of treading on his territory. Then again, he thought, maybe she’d make the job much quicker and leave me more time to be with her.

In this case, he was facing two of his least powerful foes, and he thought that Talia and Diana would do well to have some time together to sort out their issues in what seemed to be a contest for his attention.

“I’ll go alone,” said Bruce, “Offer the ladies every convenience, Alfred.”

Then, as he had done many times before, Bruce descended promptly into the Batcave to continue making a bizarre gothic fashion statement…

Horror of horrors.
Looks like a cat-fight is approaching, and without Catwoman.
Will Wonder Woman and Talia bond?
Does Judge Vargas even care?
For the answers to these and other satirical questions, stay tuned in the next chapter:
Same Bat-story. Same Bat-giantessworld. Same great puns in reviews from Caryomic.