- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Author note: this story is set around the year 1998

 Burned by Wishbone 

Mark Andrew’s date with Brenda was not going well. He couldn’t put his finger on the problem, the restaurant and its service was great, yet looking at Brenda, he could tell she wasn’t having a good time.

“I’ve been burned by that wishbone.” Mark muttered, louder than he intended, for Brenda asked, “What do you mean?”

Red faced, Mark replied.

“I wished that you would go out on a date with me. I though we were made for each other, but it doesn’t seem to be happening”

Brenda laughed. “Sounds like you didn’t know what to wish for. Your not alone, I myself have been to use your term, burned by Wishbone.”

“Really, care to talk about it?”

Brenda looked like she said too much, for a moment he thought she would get up a leave. Then she said;

“Is there a place where we can talk in private?”

“I suppose we can go to my place, I live alone, and it’s not far.” Mark replied.

“Good, let’s pay the bill, and go there.”

 

Later that night at Mark’s apartment Brenda began to tell her story.

“I wasn’t planning on telling you my story, but since, you seem to care about me. I feel I can talk to you about it. But I want to make it clear, what I’m going to tell you, is to reach no one else’s ears.”

“All right. Mum the word.”

They sat down on Mark’s couch, then Brenda began her tale.

 

“I not sure how to tell you this, but I wasn’t born a woman” Mark couldn’t believe his ears. He was sitting next to a beautiful Amazon, who was clearly a woman. When Brenda saw the disbelief in Marks’ face, she said;

“I guess I should start from the beginning. Up until six years ago I was a man named Bert Davis. I had an ok life as an office clerk. Then one summer day I meet her, Samantha Northup. At the time, I thought she was a goddess. With her dark hair, six foot, two inch athletic frame. I followed her around for days, but I couldn’t get her attention. At five feet seven inches, with no muscles, I wasn’t attractive to her. In hindsight, I never considered the fact, she might be a lesbian. That would have spared me much grief. Anyway, one day Wishbone arrived on my home world.”

“Your home world?”

“I guess I should of mentioned this first, I’m from an other part of the multiuniverse. Wishbone travels from universe to universe.”

“Can we get back to your tale please?”

“Anyway, I walked into the restaurant, looked at the menu, and asked what the deal was on the Wishbone meal deal. When I was told, I would be granted a wish, I felt this was my ticket to getting Samantha’s attention. So I wished to become her dream mate. When I didn’t immediately change, I felt silly making a wish. That night I decided to visit her house. I was walking up her driveway, when the change began.”

 

“I felt my clothes get too tight, I could feel muscles grow all over my body and my height increased. Then I felt my breasts emerge and my testicles disappeared. I was horrified, what was happening to me? I grew taller, my body reshaped. Heck I didn’t realize it at the time, even my hair changed color, from dark brown to the reddish brown it is today.

 

Here I was, a naked eight foot woman, on her front yard, I had to do something. So I used the remains of my top as a bra, and knocked on her door. Hoping I could borrow some clothes. I still remember her face, when she saw me for the first time. I was her Amazon fantasy come to life. What happened over the next few days I rather not describe, expect to say, we spend most of it making love.”

 

“How did you end up at Wishbone?” Mark asked.

“I’m getting to that. When my body changed, my id stayed the same. People refused to believe I was Bert. Not even my own parents. I even lost my job, because the boss though I was a stranger. I wasn’t a happy camper. I went to Wishbone and asked if I could change my wish or buy a second Wishbone meal and try again. But Stanley Charm (the restaurant manager) told me, that every one only gets one wish and that’s that. I was devastated. I didn’t know where to turn. Then Stanley came out with his job offer. After thinking it over a moment, I accepted. For I realized, my old life was over, and a new one had began. Heck I even had to change my name. Who had ever heard of a woman named Bert?”

“How come you couldn’t stay with your lover?” Mark asked.

“You’re a real questioner aren’t you? The truth of the matter is she couldn’t afford to support both of us. Besides when Wishbone left my world, I had to leave my relationship with Samantha behind.”

After sitting on the couch in silence for a moment, a thought came to Mark’s mind.

“Were you uncomfortable with me at the restaurant because I’m a man?”

“Yes, While I’m now more woman than man. This has been the first time I had ever dated a man.”

“Really? I feel flattered. You tell an interesting story Brenda, I’m not sure I believe it. “

“Sigh, I guess I can’t blame you. What do you want to do now?”

“Check out your Amazon muscles?” Mark jokingly replied.

Brenda response was to lift Mark up with one hand and lifted him over her head.

“Maybe we should stick to talking.”

“Smart man.” Brenda said as she put him down.

 

“I just realized something, couldn’t you have asked somebody to make a wish for you. Pay them if need be.”

Brenda shook her head. “Who would waste a wish on a stranger, besides I’m now used to being a woman. Besides often time, nothing but trouble comes from making a wish that affects somebody else. Even the Doomsday Society, the most successful people in this regard run into trouble sometimes. “

“The who?”

“There a group, who destroy worlds for kicks, often using GTS-goddesses. Although there is evidence the GTS-goddess are using them to recruit new members. I rather not talk about the society right now.”

“All right, who else has burned by somebody’s else wish?”

“So many people, it would days to tell their stories.”

“I got nothing else to do, can use please tell me some of their stories.”

“I got to work tomorrow, but I got Sunday off, we’ll talk more about it then. See you later Mark.”

Brenda then got up and walked out the door.

 

That Sunday afternoon found Mark strolling into Wishbone. He wished to she Brenda, but didn’t know where she lived. So he decided someone at the restaurant must know.

“She lives upstairs, across from me. I show you the way.” Stanley Charm replied, when Mark asked him. He then showed Mark a concealed flight of stairs. When they reached the top, they were in hall.  Mark looked around he was surprised to see what looked like a control room. He wanted a closer look, but Stanley lead him in the opposite direction they soon, came to a series of closed doors. Stanley knocked on one, and said;

“Your friend is here.” Seconds later Brenda opened the door.

“Come right on in.” she said.

“Thanks.” Mark replied. Stanley Charm watched him, go in, then he closed the door and left.

“I’m surprised, you actually live at Wishbone.” Mark told her.

“Well we move fairly often from world to world. So it makes sense to live on site. I suppose you want know about other worlds. “

“Their wishes actually, you mentioned something about, people being burned by other people’s wishes.”

“All right, I tell you the story of Carrie, who wished for revenge, resulted in innocent lives lost.

 

“A couple of years ago, in a parallel universe, their was a petite girl named Carrie Swanwhite. Who was often teased by her school head cheerleader. A girl by the name of Dawn Henderson, a tall, beautiful blond, she acted like she owned Center Mount High School. She looked down at the other girls especially Carrie. Anyway Wishbone drifted into her town, and Carrie was one of our customers. When she ordered the you know what, she wished that “Someone would cut Dawn down to size.” The problems started to arise when two different types of beings responded to the call.

 

The afternoon after Carrie made her wish, Dawn heard a knock on her door. When she opened it, she found herself starting up at a dark hair woman. At five feet ten inches, she rarely at to look up at another woman. How tall was she anyway? Dawn wondered

“I’m six feet two inches.” the woman responded to Dawn mental question.

“Who are you and want do you want?”

“Names Martha, I’m a size vamp. I’m here to cut you down to size.”

“Say what?” Dawn cried, as the size vamp rushed her.  To her horror, she put her lips on her and started to suck. Dawn broke free of her grasp, but before she could get away. She ran into a blond of medium height.

“Help me.” Dawn cried, but the stranger’s response, was to shrink Dawn down to a foot in height.

“Hey that my job.” Martha cried.

“Your job? I was told to ‘cut Dawn down to size’ so I did. Who are you?”

“Names Martha. What race are you? “

“I’m a Sizechanger, as the name implies I can change the size of objects. But please call me Diana”

 

While this was going on, Dawn was trying to make herself heard, but they ignored her. In frustration, she tried hitting Diana in the leg.

“You shouldn’t have done that. Prepare to get even smaller.” Diana cried.

“Let me do it, my way is more fun.” Martha then picked Dawn up and brought her to her lips. She then began to suck, causing Dawn to slowly dwindle, 11 inches, 10 inches, inch by inch she shrank, until she was only six inches tall.

 

“What do we do now?” Diana asked.

“Well, I don’t about you, but feel like shrinking some more people.  Care to join me?”

“Well there nothing in my orders about shrinking other people, but they didn’t say I couldn’t, so let’s go.”

“What about me, you can’t just leave me here like this.” Dawn cried.

After thinking about a few seconds, they picked Dawn up like a doll, and stuffed her into Diana’s purse.

 

Martha and Diana spent hours shrinking half the town of Center Mount. Then they ran into Carrie. Right from the start Martha could tell she been to Wishbone.

“Mind sharing your Wishbone wish with us?” Martha asked.

“How did you know, I went to Wishbone?” Carrie asked.

“You been exposed to its magic. “ Martha replied.

“I’m not sure it business of yours, but I wished that someone cut Dawn down to size.”

“So it was your wish that summoned us. Well we did what you asked. Here one cut down Dawn.” Diana then brought Dawn out of her purse and gave her to Carrie.

“This is not what I meant. I meant humiliate her. Not shrink her to doll size.”

“Are you sure about that?” Martha asked in a threatening manner. Carrie had the feeling they wanted to shrink her on the spot, so she backed down.

“I must admit, she looks cute.” Carrie said.

“Well it was nice meting you, but we got more people to shrink. Care to join us?” Diana asked.

“No thanks. I’ll just get in your way.” Carrie replied.

“I can make it worth your while. Won’t you like to be taller?” Diana asked figuring Carrie wasn’t happy with her five-foot frame.

“Um, I got to go home now.” Carrie then turned and ran. Martha and Diana shrugged their shoulders, and then continued on their shrinking spree.

 

It was the next mourning before Martha and Diana left town leaving hundreds of shrunken and sometimes dead people in their wake.

“What happened to Carrie and Dawn?”

“Last I heard Carrie was keeping Dawn as pet.”

“How do you know so much about the consequences of a wish?”

“Because, Stanley Charm tells me. You see about fifty years ago, a woman who husband got killed by a Wishbone wish. She then made a wish of her own. She wished that Stanley know about the consequences of the wishes made at Wishbone, so he would feel the suffering his restaurant has caused.”

“Sounds like Stanley has some whoppers of his own to tell.”

“He’s been around. If you ask nicely, maybe he’ll tell you his story.”

 

The end for now