- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning: this chapter contains my first-ever attempt at "mega."
MEGA-WORLD (MIDDLE WESTERN SECTOR)

* * * * *

All three divisions had come down from Iron Mountain, on the Upper Peninsula of Superia. Their objective: the capture of Fort Tyranina to the south. This fort was the primary stronghold of the evil GTS-goddesses in this region. What the free-thinking humans on this world derisively called "an EGG carton."

Intelligence sources had revealed that the stronghold numbered mercenary sizevamps among its defenders. Which is why Samantha the Super-witch had recruited their arch-nemesis: Buffy the Sizevamp-Eater!

Even so, it was a see-saw battle. So fierce was the resistance, and so numerous the mercenaries, that Buffy's stomach was almost completely full after the first two hours of fighting. Mark--the demon serving the fort's EGG commander--sensed this, and advised that their best warrior be sent out to "dispatch" Buffy once and for all.

That warrior was EGG Sergeant Vanessa Comb. And, this "Battle of the Blondes," as it would be called in later years, was destined to end in a draw. For, after staggering out into the middle of Rock Lake (which, at their size, was more like a puddle), a strange thing happened.

A group of pyramidal rock formations, about eighty feet below the surface of the lake, began to glow with an eerie green light. That glow spread towards the legs of the two combatants, slowly creeping up over their knees; past their waists; and--finally--enveloping their heads. Upon doing so, they immediately began to do what most GTS-goddesses considered impossible.

They began to shrink!!!

At one hundred feet tall, the water was about three-fourths of the way up to Buffy's chest. Then, she shrank down to eighty feet. Fifty feet; thirty; ten!

At seven feet tall, the green light from the pyramids flared to blinding intensity. Until Buffy and her opponent were veritably camouflaged by the glow! Then, with one massive flash that lit up the entire lake bed, the pyramids went dark. And, both GTS-goddesses...were gone.

* * * * *

HEADQUARTERS, GROWTH TRIUMPHANT SOCIETY,
MADISON, WISCONSIN, EARTH-DXM (08/11/09)

"Good Lord!" exclaimed Sarah Kensington-Chelgren, as klaxon alarms began blaring all over the place.

"What? What is it?" her husband urgently inquired, as he came rushing out of his office.

"Massive t.d. disruption detected in Jefferson County. Rock Lake region!"

"How massive?"

"One hundred feet tall...and growing."

"Contact Voyeurman for preliminary recon."

"Already on it!"

* * * * *

Buffy could not remember a thing. Not even her own name! In fact, the only thing running through her mind, at that moment, was a weird, repetitive mantra.

"Must...go...to MarySue. Washington...D.C. Must...go...to MarySue. Washington...D.C."

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
For Vanessa Comb's fate, check out "Demon Busters: GTS-Goddess Woes," by Mr_G. This has been a free plug.

P.S.--- "Superia" is both an allusion to the Marvel Comics villainess, and a pun on "Superior" (a proposed name for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, should that ever achieve statehood independent of the rest of the Wolverine State).