- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK! By popular demand (Well, it's popular with Timescribe), I am continuing this story.
Jolly Roger slipped the DVD into his DVR, and pressed "play." Within thirty seconds, the face of a middle-aged white man, with thinning brown hair and a five o'clock shadow. appeared on the screen.

"Rog? If you're viewing this, it means something has happened to me. I'm probably even dead! So, here's what I've amassed in the way of evidence."

Immediately, a computer-printed map came on the screen. A map of what looked like the planet Earth! Except, some of the continents were a little skewed (for lack of a better term).

"This is the Earth as it exists in a parallel-universe I saw in a vision. This continent, here, is called 'Sizeloa.' Its native inhabitants call themselves 'sizechangers.' And, some of them belong to a crime syndicate called 'the Sitmobtia.' "

"The Sitmobtia's most lucrative racket is traveling to other parallel-Earths...and abducting certain of their inhabitants by shrinking them!"

"These poor souls are then smuggled back to Sizeloa, where they're sold as 'exotic pets.' "

"In 1965, though, the Sitmobtia lost one of their dimension-hopping slaveships to a forerunner of the 'killer satellites' now orbiting Earth as part of the Strategic Defense Initiative. By that, I mean a geosynchronous version of the 'death-ray' cannon Nikola Tesla was working on, shortly before his death, in 1943!"

"And, _that_ is what crash-landed near Kecksburg, Pennsylvania, almost forty-five years ago."

"How do I know all this? I simply _wished_ to have the knowledge. I'm serious! There's a new eatery I heard about from Timescribe. He claims he entered this restaurant in Sydney, and ordered something called 'the Wishbone Special.' When he was done, he frivolously wished that Mel Gibson could get his movie-stardom back. The next thing he knew, he was exiting the restaurant...in Hollywood! As head writer of a murder-mystery, currently in production by Warner Brothers...and starring Mel Gibson!!"

"I looked this restaurant up in the Yellow Pages. And, it does exist. Along Hollywood Boulevard, just north of the intersection with Vine Street. So, I went there; ordered the Wishbone Special for myself; and the rest you already know."

"The only problem is, it's a front for the Sitmobtia! And, its manager has already notified his superiors that I have knowledge of their existence. So, I don't know how much longer I can remain safe. Not with a sizechanger assassin on my tail!"

"If anything should happen to me, go to the office of Raymond Venn. He's a private eye who's done some work for me, before. And, when it comes to being your only hope? He's better than Obi-wan Kenobi!"

"This is the late, great Doc Kraepelin...signing off."

tbc