- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I.D.E.E.A. HQ
(3 DAYS LATER)
* * * *

As Agent 679 finished setting up the holographic projector, Agent 678 briefed the Chief Moderator about the fruits of their research.

"We back-tracked the wish in question to this particular hostelry."

He pointed to his junior partner, who activated the crystal ball-like projector. Immediately, there appeared the three-dimensional image of what looked like a giant log cabin. An image that slowly revolved until all three men could see a tan wooden sign hanging from a black wrought-iron mount.

Upon that sign was a gleaming white wishbone.

"You're looking at the Wishbone Inn. Located in the small-yet-notorious kingdom of Truasca, on the continent of Ceir-Nathan, on the parallel-Earth designated Neo-geo 08282008. Endemically known as 'Auwth.' "

Agent 678 explained how Auwth was a Tolkienesque world, with medieval-level technology co-existing alongside supernatural magic and folkloric beings. And, how Truasca and the rest of Ceir-Nathan had recently undergone a horrific dynastic war.

"It was therefore relatively easy for the innkeeper to set up shop on this world, without Stanley Wishbone sensing the trademark infringement."

"The innkeeper being...?" prompted the Moderator.

Agent 679 adjusted the projector's controls, so that the holograph of a young woman with reddish-brown hair and green eyes appeared. Whereupon, Agent 678 identified her as one Lorelai Allen; an expatriate super-witch from Earth-MRG.

"A super-witch?" echoed the Moderator, slightly alarmed.

"Well, to be more accurate, she's a former 'Demon Busters' groupie, who recently wished to _become_ a super-witch! After consuming a Wishbone Special in her hometown of Agoura, California."

"I see. What about the restaurant on Earth-DXM?"

"Believe it or not, it appears Stanley's wild guess about shrink ray gun-running was actually on target (no pun intended)! Several dozen such devices have somehow wound up in the hands of that world's U.S. Delta Force. Presumably, for future use against either the Athena League, the Growth Triumphant Society,...or both."

"But, still no clue as to the identity of the restauranteur, himself?"

Both agents shook their heads.

"Then, make the discovery of same your top priority for our next meeting."

Both agents nodded, and then left.

tbc?