- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK! I've tortured poor Timescribe long enough.
* * * * *

Her maiden name had been Oralia Zeropesor. And, she had originally worked as a lunch lady for a middle school cafeteria. Then, she married the most wonderful man in the world! In her eyes, anyway.

She had first met him at a sold-out charity concert given by the school band. She was in charge of the intermission refreshments. While he was looking for possible scholarship candidates to the music department of the private liberal arts school where he worked.

He had introduced himself as Laikstu Crammet-Downs. He proposed to her after their tenth date. And, she said "yes," without the slightest hesitation!

Unfortunately, their wonderful marriage only lasted three years. While returning from another school concert, in a far-distant township, he was run off the road by a drunk driver. His car struck a tree; killing him on impact.

After a suitable mourning period, Oralia went to work for that same college (an all-girls' school) as a home-ec teacher. To keep her classes from going over budget, she took to growing her own vegetables. The only problem was, her garden was right next door to the ornamental flower garden planted by the college's original alumni association. And, the landscapists who maintained it (using the money paid them by the current alumni association) snobbishly refused to weed her pitiful little plot!

So, this was the reason she was on her hands and knees--to trim away the crab grass bordering her garden--when she found the strange little men. She had been hearing rumors about them for the past six years! Mostly, from Mrs. Ongueville. Yet, she had always scoffed at them...until now.

She picked them up, straight away, and made a beeline for her classroom's kitchen.

She put them in an aluminum tray that she normally used for big roasts. At their size, however (why, they couldn't be more than one inch tall, apiece!), it would probably seem more like a big square football field.

It was at this point that the two little men woke up, and she introduced herself.

* * * * *

Agent 679 looked up at the giantess, who was beginning to drool a little.

"Are we on Earth-09082009? The Mega-world?" he asked, in their emergency ultra-sonic code.

"Negative," replied Agent 678, in the same fashion: "Based on the scholastic environment, I postulate that we're on Neo-geo 02202010. Headquarters hasn't even arranged a full-time surveillance station here, yet!"

"Well, I have no trouble postulating that she's got a hungry gleam in her eye. And, I don't mean erotically!"

"Agreed," replied the senior agent: "Unfortunately, I don't think we can resort to our usual means of escape-and-evasion. My teleporton is missing. And, from the looks of it? So is yours!"

tbc