- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A somewhat lighter, and more gratuitous, interlude.
THE PENTAGON,
WASHINGTON, D.C.
EARTH-DXM (08/12/09)

* * * * *

MarySue Smith entered Interrogation Room #2, carrying Little Barney in the crook of her right arm. When she had seated herself, as comfortably as she could, on the gray folding chair, she put him down on the white formica tabletop.

"So! You used to be a giantess, huh?"

"Yes, ma'am. But, I wasn't born that way!"

"I know. You were magically turned into one. And, then, you got sent to a parallel-Earth. Is that correct?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"What were the inhabitants like?"

"Just like us, ma'am. They even had the same kind of weights-and-measurements. But, what they call 'six feet tall,' we'd have to multiply by a hundred!"

"So, there were no humans _our_ size, there?"

"Only as prisoners, slaves, or fugitive rebels."

"Rebels? You mean, there's some kind of revolution going on there?"

"More like a civil war. Between the EGG's (Evil Giantess-Goddesses) who invaded it sometime before. And, their more human-loving counterparts, the Good Gals, who want to help liberate it."

"Which side were you on?"

"The Good Gals! I ate sizevamps for them."

"Sizevamps?"

"Slang term for a kind of vampire that...reduces the size of its victims while feeding on them."

"I see," replied MarySue, with another half-smile: "And, did you occasionally...play with your food?"

"Play, ma'am?"

"Yes! Like this, for instance?"

She picked Barney up, grasping the collar of his shirt with her left thumb and index finger. Whereupon, she began licking him like a popsicle!

The Phantom Voyeur, who had been keeping them under surveillance (and who thought he had seen it all), could not stand watching this particular form of mind-game.

"Voyeurman to HQ!" he urgently whispered: "Voyeurman to HQ! Do you read me? Over."

"We read you, Voyeurman. And, we see what's going on."

"Then, I respectfully request permission to extract the prisoner from this cruel and inhuman torture."

There was a slight pause, during which the P.V. could swear he heard some hushed giggling amid the background static. Then, the reply came.

"Permission granted. Extract him at the first opportunity, and bring him straight here. Over!"

"Roger that, HQ. Voyeurman, over and out."

Five minutes later, MarySue lowered Barney back onto the table.

"Ewwwwww! You're all sticky with my saliva. I'd better dry you off with my handkerchief. I don't want Dr. Messimer angry with me!"

The Phantom Voyeur grinned. He waited until Barney was completely enshrouded by MarySue's handkerchief. Then, he pressed some buttons on the instrument strapped to his left forearm. Whereupon, he vanished!

A moment later, MarySue felt the handkerchief become slack. Frowning in puzzlement, she lifted it up...and found her little captive gone!

"What the...?"

Those very words were echoed by Barney when he found himself standing in some high-tech control room. Restored to normal size, as well! He then looked to his to his left and saw an apparent married couple. They smiled, walked forward, and shook his hand.

"Hi," said the man (who looked to be in his mid-thirties): "I'm Scott Chelgren. This is my wife, Sarah. Welcome to the headquarters of the Growth Triumphant Society."

tbc