- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
MEANWHILE, BACK ON SIZELOA...
* * * * *

Edgar landed atop a stone bench near the edge of a cliff. A mile out to sea, from this cliff, was a long coral reef. And, "Jolly Roger Maddox" (herein after referred to as "J-Rog") could not help admiring the view even as he and Ray Venn debarked from the back of the fish crow's neck.

A moment later, the two men were back to what J-Rog was desperately trying to continue regarding as normal size.

"So, you're a sizechanger, too?" he finally found the courage to ask.

"Well, technically, I'm a sizehu. Half-human/half-sizechanger. You see, my father was originally a night watchman at F.A.O. Schwartz.* And, one night, he was attacked by a subspecies of vampire that shrinks the bodies of its victims as a consequence of draining their life-force! Fortunately, for him, the sizevamp was counter-attacked and slain by a doll-clubber named Kundalina."

Ray then revealed that "doll-clubber" was the slang term for those sizechangers who shrank to doll-size, in order to play with lonely pre-school Earth children. Especially those that had been orphaned by Sitmobtia slave raids.

"Kundalina's latest such playmate had gone off to boarding school, the year before. So, Kundalina decided to hang out with some fellow doll-clubbers at F.A.O. Schwartz. That's where she first laid eyes on my then-future dad. Becoming so smitten with him, that all she did for the next twelve months was watch him make his nightly rounds."

After decapitating the sizevamp (with a gigantized Swiss army knife), Kundalina brought the night watchman to the hospital on Humanitaria for emergency treatment. For not only was Sizeloan medical science more advanced than that of Earth. The Size Islands were also the only place on her homeworld where normal humans could lead relatively normal lives. Free from exploitation and discrimination!

"What about the Sitmobita?" asked J-Rog: "What's to stop them from making slave raids here?"

"Me!" replied a voice that sounded like distant thunder: "These islands are under _my_ protection."

J-Rog looked out in the direction of the coral reef and gasped. For there, he saw a topless giantess...grinning at him! Her billboard-sized face supported by the palms of her hands, while her elbows rested atop the reef.

Ray (who had finally taken off his black leather jacket) introduced them: " 'Roger Wm. Maddox, Esquire?' Meet Sizae-oni; GTS-goddess of the sea."

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
* It should be needless to say that F.A.O. Schwartz is the real-life toy store, in NYC, where Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia did that awesome soft-shoe dance atop that giant electronic keyboard in BIG.