- Text Size +
Before "Roger" could ask his host to elaborate, there was a shrill scream from within the mayonnaise jar.

"Venn? Venn, you dirty...!"

The object of her venomous tirade covered the opening of the jar with the palm of his left hand. Thereby muffling the rest of her epithets. He removed it only after she finally appeared to run out of breath.

"Hello, Vorexia. Long time/no see."

"I swear; when I get out of here...!"

"Not likely to happen, sweetheart. That chain is pure stagnatanium. You're stuck at that size for the duration!"

"Stagnatanium?" echoed the other man: "Let me guess; that's Sizeloan kryptonite."

Venn smiled: "Now, you're catching on."

What still mystified "Roger," however, is just how Venn had known the sizechanger had stowed away in the trunk of the taxicab.

"Let's just say that I have a unique sixth sense, and leave it at that. For now, anyway."

"Fair enough. What about me, though? If these Sitmobtians considered me a threat, before, simply from having talked with Doc K, then I'm bound to be regarded as twice as dangerous, now."

Venn nodded: "Sad, but true. So, until I can find out just how they infiltrated the Wishbone Restaurant chain, I'll have to take you to someplace else for safekeeping. The one place even they won't dare go!"

"Which would be where, exactly?"

Venn smiled, and merely pressed both sides of what looked like a Rolex watch. The crosstime warp it activated made "Maddox" jump in his seat. But, the surprises did not end there. For, the next instant, "Maddox" found himself shrinking to one inch tall!

Venn joined him, two seconds later. After which, Edgar Allen Crow (as Venn shamelessly introduced him) jumped down from his perch. Bowing his head so the two shrunken men could climb aboard his neck!

The well-trained bird flew through the warp just before it closed. As a result, the size-changing private eye only heard the first part of Vorexia's renewed demands to be released or else.

* * * * *

The disparate trio emerged over what "Maddox" initially presumed to be the Pacific Ocean surrounding Hawaii. That is; until Venn set him straight.

"Welcome to Humanitaria! Capital of the Size Islands."

tbc