- Text Size +
Harry Potter and the Horcrux of the Black Witch
Chapter 6 I AM NOT A NARGLE!



   Over a month had passed before Luna sent a reply to Ginny's owl. Luna was prone to daydreaming so when she got Ginny's owl and read the letter she was eager to help but as she crossed her office to get a quill and ink from her desk the mirror on her wall told her that the radishes she was wearing as earrings were quite lovely and she forgot all about Ginny's letter.

   The long wait for Luna's reply was hell for Harry.Ginny took great pleasure in tormenting him and he was rarely allowed to kiss her feet witch meant that there would be no relief from the pain that she so enjoyed putting him through. Ginny had stopped caring about Harry's feelings all together so she no longer checked in on his mind to see how much he loved her, in fact the only time she bothered to listen to his thoughts at all was to hear his mind scream out in pain when she stomped him under the hard soles of her shoes so she had no idea that the almost constant pain Harry was in was overpowering the magical love he was supposed to be feeling for her.

   Harry started to hate his wife and in each of the short moments of his existence that weren't filled with agony he would think of ways to escape from the evil woman he used to love.

   Luna's owl arrived on a Tuesday afternoon. Ginny was usually happy to get mail as it usually meant that Flure or Hermione were writing to tell her of some new way they had found to torture Bill or Ron and she would have something new to do to Harry but when she saw that the letter was from Luna she sighed grumpily knowing that it meant she would have to do something other then torment Harry.

   Luna's letter read
   "Dear Ginny

   Its so wonderful to hear from you. Aside from Dean, who I correspond with regularly, I rarely ever hear from anyone from the DA witch is sad because our DA meetings were so much fun.
   Regarding the mirror in my office, I have been trying to brake it ever since I got your owl but its very well made, the glass just wont brake or even crack although I must admit I haven't been trying all that hard, after all its hard to want to destroy something when its telling you how nice you look. Its hard to believe that such a polite thing could be so evil but then again it was brought in when you know who was in power.
   I do hope you will have more luck destroying it then I have, after all your husband has had a lot more experience with these things then I have.
   I will be in my office on Friday at five o'clock. You can use the flu network to enter. I'll have tea waiting.
                           Hoping your well, Luna Lovegood."

   After reading Luna's letter Ginny stomped her right foot, she had used the "Adhiesivo" spell to stick Harry to the sole of her right shoe, and said "Good news slave, we'll be using the flu network to go to the Daily Proffit and destroy the mirror on Friday. We'll be one step closer to changing your under my feet situation from necessity to just plain fun, for me anyway."

   As Ginny wrote to Hermione about their mission on Friday Harry had an idea and began to devise a plan to escape from his wife.

               .....................................................

   Hermione arrived at the house in Godric's Hollow early in the afternoon. She and Ginny took seats on the patio and were enjoying tea when Hermione suggested "We have some time before we have to go, why don't we make our slaves give us pedicures and clean our shoes?" "That sounds like fun but I have already used the "Adhiesivo" spell on Harry and it won't wear off for hours." said Ginny. "Well I guess poor Ron will have his work cut out for him then." said Hermione and she and Ginny burst into laughter.

   Filing and Painting his wife's toe nails and licking her shoes clean was bad enough but having to do the same for his own sister made Ron sick to his stomach. When Ron got to the soles of Ginny's shoes she tipped her feet up on her heels and said "Just lick around Harry. I'll have him finish up later." Ginny and Hermione were talking and laughing high above so they were too distracted to pay any attention to the tiny men at their feet and Harry took the opportunity to talk to Ron. He had to be carefull because if Ron was still infatuated with Hermione and still desired to be under her feet he would surely tell their wives of his plan and all would be lost. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Hermione had been just as cruel to Ron as Ginny had been to Harry and Ron was just as eager to escape. "Ron." Harry whispered. "How are you feeling about your wi.... Owner?" "I can't even express how much I hate her." whispered Ron. "Good because I have a plan. Do you remember when we were in our second year at Hogwarts and your family took us to Diagon Ally?" "Yeah so." "I misspronounced Diagon Ally and wound up in Knockturn Ally." "How does that help us?" asked Ron. "Our wiv.... Owners are taking us to the Daily Proffit by flu powder." "And you think if we time it right and say the wrong location we'll be pulled away from them and go somewhere else." "Exactly but we'll have to say the same wrong thing or we'll wind up in different places and I don't know about you but I don't want to be out in the world at this size by myself." "Right. So what should we say when Hermione and Ginny take us through the flu network?" "Well I think its important to destroy that mirror and since Ginny and Hermione don't seem to be in any hurry to get the job done we should try to get close enough to make sure they did it or destroy it ourselves if they didn't. I think if we misspronounce the words just slightly we'll wind up just an office or two over from Luna's." "OK so lets both say "Luma's office" and see where that puts us." "Agreed." When Ron was finished with Ginny's shoes his sister kicked him back over to Hermione. Harry could hardly believe how his wife could so carelessly dehumanize her own brother and hearing Ginny and Hermione laugh as Ron flew through the air and landed at Hermione's feet with a thud erased the tiny bit of love he may have still felt for his wife.

   Hermione and Ginny took turns casually stomping on Ron and kicking him back and forth while they chatted and drank tea until it was time to go. Hermione slid her foot out of her shoe, dropped Ron in and put it back on her feet as if he wasn't even there then the two women headed for the fireplace.

   Ginny stepped in first. As she threw the flu powder and said "Luna's office" Harry said "Luma's office". There was a flash of green light and a moment later Harry found that he was no longer stuck to the sole of Ginny's shoe. Harry found himself in a huge office. The walls were covered in framed news articles, half of witch were about him. He noticed that all of the articles were written by Rita Skeeter and knowing about Rita's ego he could only assume that he was in her office. A moment later another flash of green light appeared in the fireplace and Ron's tiny form emerged. "Where are we Harry?" asked Ron "I think we're in Rita Skeeter's office." said Harry "Its a good thing shes not here." said Ron.

   Harry and Ron made their way across the room to the door hoping to crawl through the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor but when they got there they found that there was some kind of invisible force field that they couldn't get through. "Well thats fitting." said Ron. "Whats fitting?" asked Harry "Its fitting that someone who spends all of their time invading other people's privacy would be so protective of their own that they would cast a spell on the door to their office." said Ron.

   Just then the door flew open. Ron was quick enough to duck under it but Harry got knocked onto his back half way across the room. Harry was dazed but he could hear the loud click clack of high heeled shoes comming toward him. His vision cleared just in time for him to see Rita Skeeter's gigantic open toed high heeled pump come crashing down on top of him. Rita's shoe rolled over Harry like a steam roller and when he felt the pressure on his legs letting up he was relieved but then as Rita's foot left the ground Harry was pulled along for the ride.

   Rita walked to her desk crushing Harry under each step she took until she sat down. She crossed her legs as she riffled through her memos leaving Harry to dangle from the sole of her shoe. Harry tried to pry himself free but it was no use. Harry was relieved to see Ron crawling under Rita's desk. Ron jumped up and grabbed Harry's legs and tried to pull him off of her shoe but it was as if he was glued in place. Apparently Ginny's "Adhiesivo" spell hadn't yet run its course and was just waiting for another shoe to stick him to. "Its no use Ron. I'll just have to be stuck here until the spell wears off." said Harry. "I can't just leave you here." said Ron. "Don't worry about me. Ginny cast the spell earl this morning so it should wear off soon. just go wait by the door so you can get out when she leaves. otherwise you'll be stuck in this office until she comes back."

   As Harry lay stuck to the sole of Rita's shoe he could hear her talking to herself. "What on earth is she talking about? "Not enough proof to print the story" "This newspaper doesn't print gossip" Who does she think she is? I told them not to give the editor position to Loony Lovegood. Who cares if she ran the Quibbler? That rag was full of nonsense. I'm just going to have to give that insane woman a piece of my mind." Rita stood up and stormed out of her office and stomped her way down the hall not knowing that she was crushing Harry under every step she took.

   Rita, being the nosey person she was, stopped at the door of Luna's office, when she heard that her editor was in the middle of a conversation, and pressed her ear to the door. When she did this she lifted the foot Harry was under slightly off of the ground inadvertently allowing him to hear as well. "Have you lost something Hermione?" asked Luna. "I'm not sure." said Hermione stomping her foot. Ginny knew right away what the problem was and turned her shoe up to look at her sole. Ginny and Hermione looked at each other and gasped when they realized that both of their husbands were missing. "Whats wrong?" asked Luna. "Oh nothing." said Hermione. "We just forgot something at home is all. I'm sorry Luna but we have to go." said Ginny. "But what about the mirror?" asked Luna. "I'm really sorry Luna but we'll have to come back and deal with that later." said Hermione and before she was even done speaking Ginny was already gone in a flash of green light.

   Rita continued to listen by the door until she heard Luna start humming merrily then she stormed into her office. Harry spent the next twenty minutes listening to Rita yelling at Luna and Luna telling her in her dreamy voice that if she didn't like the way she ran the paper she would be more then happy to write her a nice letter of recommendation for her to go and write for some other paper while Rita stomped him mercilessly.

   Harry was dazed from the pounding Rita inflicted on him with all of her stomping so it took a few moments for him to realise that it had stopped. He was overcome with relief to find that the "Adhiesivo" spell had finally worn off and he was laying on the floor of Luna's office. He looked up to see Luna escorting Rita out of her office then as his eyes drifted left he saw the mirror hanging well out of his reach.

   Harry was just standing there staring at the mirror trying to think of a way to destroy it when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He nearly jumped out of his skin and was about to scold Ron for sneaking up on him but he was just too happy about not being alone to be mad. "Are you completely mental? just standing about in the middle of Luna's office in a trance. What if I was Luna? You'd be in trouble then. She would give you right back to my sister." scolded Ron. "I don't think Ginny and Hermione told Luna about us at least not based on what I heard. I think if Luna found us she would help us. How did you get here?" asked Harry. "I followed Rita Skeeter down the hall and by the time I caught up to her she was barging into Luna's office. I thought it best for me to wait outside until she left in case you were still stuck to her shoe so I could keep following her but when she came out I saw that you were done imitating a piece of chewed gum so I crawled under the door." said Ron. "Very funny." said Harry. "Anyway, its a good thing Luna isn't as paranoid as Rita or I would have been stuck out in the hall." said Ron.

   Harry pointed out the mirror to Ron and the two of them started brainstorming about how to brake it. "What about Fiendfyre?" said Ron. "How are we supposed to cast Fiendfyre? We don't have our wands and our wives have all of our powers. We're basically just tiny indestructible muggles." said Harry. "I guess we could just Wait for Luna to come back and tell her how to do it." "Are you sure we can trust Luna to help us? Even if your right and she doesn't just hand us back to Hermione and my sister how do you know she wont do things to us herself? After all the time we've spent being tortured by giant women are you really willing to take that risk?" asked Ron. "Your right. Lets just leave her a note." said Harry.

   Harry and Ron made their way to the base of Luna's desk and Harry started to climb up one of the legs. He was about half way up when Luna came into the room. Ron hid behind the leg of the desk and Harry did his best to hang on and keep still. Harry watched as she walked toward him but she stopped in front of the mirror. As she looked at the mirror harry could see Luna's face in it and he hoped she couldn't see him in the reflection but then the face in the mirror spoke on its own in Luna's voice. "Your hair looks lovely today." said the mirror. "Thank you." said Luna and then she walked behind her desk, sat down and crossed her legs. Luna was wearing those pink leather high top high heeled converse allstars with the pointy toes and with her legs crossed the right one was dangling right below where Harry was hanging on for dear life.

   As Luna sat at her desk reading and humming to herself she was bobbing her foot up and down and wagging it left and right and every so often it would bump into the leg of her desk that Harry was clinging to and it was getting harder and harder for him to hold on. inevitably he fell and on his way down he bounced off of Luna's shoe before landing on the floor next to Ron. Harry and Ron looked up in terror as Luna bent down and looked right at them and said "Nargles!" with a low angry tone.

   Harry and Ron tried to shout to her that they weren't nargles, whatever nargles were, but Luna couldn't hear them. "Don't you think for a minute that taking the shape of my friends will spare you from my wrath. Your after my shoes again aren't you? And while I'm still wearing them no less. Thats bold even for nargles. Well since you like my shoes so much I'll just let you live in them from now on. It will be nice to have a pair of soft little nargles under my feet cushioning my footsteps. I hear you little things are quite comfortable to walk on." said Luna.

   Luna snatched up Harry and Ron and one by one unlaced her shoes, dropped them in and put them back on lacing them up extra tight. All they could do was lay under her hot sweaty sock clad feet and hope that later they would get the chance to convince her that they weren't nargles.