- Text Size +

Harry Potter and the Horcrux of the Black Witch
Chapter 2 Hermione's New Spell

 

   Harry woke up from the most disturbing dream he had since he defeated Voldamort feeling very hot with with the weight of Ginny pressing down on him, she had gotten into the habit of sleeping on top of him, no mater where she was when they went to sleep in the morning she was inevitably lying with her head on his chest, her body lined up perfectly with his own, her arms hugging him tightly and even her legs seemed to line up so they were on top of his as if the bed would hurt her if she touched it. Harry allways seemed to wake up first. He would lye in bed for long periods of time just watching her sleep. She was beautiful, he thought, with her red hair flowing over the pillow and her chest slowly heaving in and out with calm dreamy breaths but for the last month every day he woke up under her sweaty and uncomfortable. Harry loved Ginny more than anything so he tried not to disturb her sleep. He would try to roll out from under her but she would hug him tighter until he stopped trying and just lay there until she was ready to wake up herself.

   For the past month Ginny was having terrible dreams that she refused to talk about with Harry. She shared everthing with him except the dreams, they were more like nightmares, Harry asked her about them but she would just say "You've dealt with enough bad dreams in your life I can handle these." Ginny had taken to talking with her sister in law Hermione about the dreams and how to make them stop. Hermione would come to Godric's Hollow to visit them at least four times a week, Harry didn't mind though, it gave him lots of time to hang out with his brother in law Ron, who allways came with, while Ginny and Hermione spent most of their time trying to figure things out.

   As Harry lay there under Ginny she seemed to be having yet another nightmare. She hugged Harry so tight he couldn't breath and started to twitch, then she screemed "Hes mine! I won't let you harm him! I'll hide him somewhere you'll never find him!" Harry had heard enough and decided to wake her. "Ginny wake up your having another nightmare." said Harry. Ginny opened her eyes, looked at Harry and hugged him tighter still and said "Don't worry I wont let her take you." "Let who take me?" asked Harry. Apparently when Ginny said that she wasn't completely out of the dream yet. For a moment Ginny had a look on her face like she had let slip an important secret. "Whats that Harry? Someones taking you somewhere?" said Ginny clearly acting as though she didn't know what he was talking about but Harry didn't press the issue knowing that she wasn't ready to talk to him about it.

   Morning turned to afternoon and Ginny was still avoiding eye contact with Harry, he assumed she had said more than she wanted to when she woke up that morning and yet she wouldn't let him out of her sight. Harry went out to his work shed behind the house and Ginny followed him out the back door and went to work in their garden. This was all too strange for Harry because she wasn't dressed for gardening. Usually if Ginny was gardening she would wear old overalls a worn out button up shirt and those rubber gardening shoes but today she was wearing the type of casual outfit that she would wear if she was going shopping with Hermione, Ginny wore a denim skirt that covered her legs down to the top of her knees, a blue low cut halter top that matched her eyes and brown slip on leather flats. Harry wasn't fooled. He knew Ginny wasn't outside to tend to the garden but to keep an eye on him as she wasn't doing much work but turned to look at him every few moments. He didn't feel like she was waiting for him to do something, more like she was watching over him.

   The sound of the front gate opening made both Harry and Ginny look up from what they were doing. "Its Hermione."said Ginny excitedly and Harry thought he would finally get a few moments away from Ginny's watchfull eye but before she went to greet Hermione she ran over to Harry and grabbed his hand dragging him to greet their guests with her. Harry was eager to see Ron but when they opened the door Ron wasn't there, Hermione wasn't alone though, she had brought Fleur and Bill Weasley and she had a copy of todays daily profit under her arm. As Ginny hugged their guests hello Harry asked where Ron was. "He is working on a special project to help with Ginny's dreams."said Hermione. Without letting Harry get to many details Ginny hurried everyone inside.Ginny whispered something to Hermione and Fleur and said "Bill, Harry would you mind giving us girls some priv....""yes yes I know we'll be out in Harry's work shed" Bill interupted and he grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him outside.

   "Do you know what they're up to?" asked Harry "Fleur hasn't told me a thing and Hermione wouldn't let me see Ron when we picked her up this afternoon. Its getting really annoying you know." said Bill. "Yeah Ginny hasn't told me anything either." said Harry. "You know I told George about the way the girls were acting and he gave me a little presant." said Bill pulling something out of his pocket. Harry recognised the item, it was an Extendable Ear, one of Weasly's Wizard Wheezes. "Come on then Harry, lets find out what their up to." said Bill. "I don't know. I don't feel comfortable spying on Ginny." said Harry. Bill laughed and said "You know if George heard you say that he'd think you'd gone soft. Now come on." A scowl formed on Harry's face as if he had been called a chicken and he pulled out his wand and said "Wingardium Leviosa" pointing it at the Extenable Ear and it floated up to the second story window where the girls were talking.

   As the ear reached the window Ginny was in mid sentence "and that was the dream I had last night so I think shes back." "I think you might be right. Did you see the Profit today?" said Hermione. "No I haven't." said Ginny. "Well listen to this "The Ministry of Magic was baffled by the disappearance of the entire Malfoy family last night. Luscious Malfoy was being escorted by Aurors to the Department of Mysteries with his wife Narssisa and son Draco to answer for crimes against muggles when the three of them mysteriously apparated out of the Ministry. All attempts to follow them have come up empty. It is believed that he who must not be named's loyal followers may have abducted the Malfoy family to keep them from informing the Ministry about Death Eaters that may still be at large." Signed Rita Skeeter." read Hermione. "Well eif your dream is right we know what append to them." said Fleur. Ginny's voice sounded nervous and frightened now "Well thats that then. She'll be coming for Harry. What are we going to do?" asked Ginny."don't worry. My new spell works perfectly. Look." said Hermione. After a few moments of silence Harry and Bill heard Ginny give a loud sigh and then Hermione spoke "Hes been in there for two days now and hes doing just fine, and coincidentally hes quite comfortable." "I don't know if I could do that to Harry, does it hurt him?" asked Ginny. "A little but I made it so he gets pleasure as long as its me hes under and he continuously proves his love for me, well with Harry it will be you."Hermione said to Ginny "and as long as hes like this neither of you can be harmed in any way." Hermione continued. Harry had heard enough. It was obvious he had to see what they were up to and he wasn't going to wait another minute.

   Harry and Bill came in the house and went up the stairs as quietly as they could so the girls wouldn't stop what they were doing until they were in the room. When they came through the door all three girls were sitting on the floor looking intently into Hermione's shoe. It was a black leather mary jane with a cluncky heel. Ginny and Fleur looked up from the shoe at Harry and Bill while Hermione struggled to put it back on as fast as she could. "Whats going on here? Why were you all looking at Hermione's shoe and where is Ron?" Harry asked in a demanding tone. At this point the girls knew they couldn't keep it from Harry anymore. "Bellatrix Lestrange is back and according to Professor McGonagall shes more powerfull than Voldamort ever was." Hermione started. "McGonagall also said that if she were to kill you she would be able to add the Dark Lords power to her own and the wizarding world would be plunged into darkness so she gave me the task of finding a way to keep you safe and hidden from her. As for Ron he has been helping me with testing the spell."said Hermione. "Well where is he?" asked Bill. "Hes in here." said Hermione looking down shaking her right foot. "You mean hes in your shoe?" said Harry questioningly. "Yes, but he perfectly safe." answered Hermione. Harry and Bill just stood there looking dumbfounded until Ginny spoke "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Harry but I know you and you would have stormed off to face Bellatrix and gotten yourself killed, thats why your going to go in my shoe."

   Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing, Ginny, his wife, the woman he loved was actually going to shrink him and keep him in her shoe. "really Harry its not that bad look." said Hermione as she took off her shoe and showed it to Harry. In the shoe lying on his back face up was Ron. He wasn't more than three inches tall and to Harry's suprise he looked content. "Ron, how are you?" asked Harry. "I'm allright." said Ron. "Doesn't it hurt being walked on and the smell has to be terrible right?" asked Harry. "Its weird being in here, it hurts a little but I can feel that Hermione enjoys it and for some reason that makes it OK. As for the smell" Ron paused and looked at Hermione as if he was waiting for her approval to speak than continued. "well nothing about my beautiful wife could be displeasing to my senses." Hermione smiled at Ron blew him a kiss and put her shoe back on. "What did he mean he could feel that you enjoy it?" asked Harry. "We tried it with just shrinking and invulnerability but I just felt awful knowing how Ron was suffering under my foot so I added something to the spell that made it so I would like the way he felt under me and in turn he would happy in my pleasure." answered Hermione. "But why does he need to be tiny and in your shoe? Why couldn't you just make him invulnerable?" asked Bill. "Well you can't just make someone immortal. You have to combine two people together to make it work and for that to happen one has to make a sacrifice to the other. Making Harry small covers the sacrifice and keeps him hidden from Bellatrix and a happy side effect is that if he constantly shows his love for Ginny" "By kissing my feet" interupted Ginny. "Yes" Hermione continued "Ginny will be as powerfull as she and Harry combined. So you see it all makes sense and Professor McGonagall thinks it a great plan." "And its just until we find Bellatrix's Horcrux and destroy it." said Ginny. "So why does my brother still have to be in your shoe?" Bill asked Hermione. "Bellatrix will surely try to get to Harry through his friends so if I keep Ron like this both Ron and I will be immortal too." answered Hermione. "Come on Harry your not really thinking about letting Ginny walk on you while you kiss her feet are......"Fleur cut Bill off in mid sentence and led him out of the room. Harry was still in shock about all this and didn't look like he was going to agree until Hermione said "Forget about the pain of being walked on by a giantess all day or the humiliation of having to kiss Ginny's feet and think about this, as long as your in her shoe nothing even Bellatrix Lestrange can hurt her." "All right but as soon as you destroy the Horcrux you change us back." demanded Harry. "Reducio Patrono Incantartum" said Ginny and with a wave of her wand Harry shrunk.