- Text Size +

As she walked into the light of the beside lamp his heart gave a leap before dropping into the pits of his stomach. He recognized her. Which meant that this wasn’t some random kidnapping but something that may have been planned. It was either that or she saw an opportunity and took it. Both options were far from ideal.

            His hope was the act was random. That they didn’t know each other at all. Perhaps, then he could have gotten through to whoever this was, to turn them back to normal. He could go back to his wife and kids. Pretend the whole thing didn’t happen. Turn a blind eye to protect himself.

            That seemed outside the realm of possibility. The woman that now approached him was Megan Chloe Leigh. She was 22 years old, and she was obsessed with him. In his younger days he may have been excited by that prospect but now, at almost 34 years of age, he found it tiring to say the least.

            They worked together or at least used to. She had been with the company for about two years or so and as soon as she started trouble began. It was innocent stuff at first. She would stumble over her words on occasion and sometimes she would bump into him just to apologize. If he was on a break or not busy with a project, she would walk over and talk.

            He wasn’t blind or stupid. He knew what was going on, but he didn’t want to embarrass her, so he kept his mouth shut. His wife also thought this was a good idea. At the end of the day she was young, stupid, and sooner or later she would find someone and he would become boring. About six months ago though the situation went from innocent to problematic.

            Tired of waiting for him to do something she came onto him in the break room. Pushing him against a wall, she shoved her tongue down his throat, and just about ripped his pants clean off. He pushed her away, but she came on strong and as he tried to walk away, she punched him hard in the face. When he tried to get back up, she slammed a coffee cup over his head. You can guess what happened after that.

            She was arrested but posted bail. She was found guilty of sexual assault of course but she was only given a restraining order, anger management, and she had to do a year of parole. He had gotten a text from her twice since that moment. One was five months ago. It was short and brief.

“I love you and I forgive you,” It said, “You’ll be mine soon.”

             He and the wife decided not to contact the cops over this unless she came into contact with him in any way. She didn’t. In fact, he had heard rumblings that she had moved to another state from a co-worker who remained in contact with her. Then about a week ago he had gotten another text from her. A different phone number this time but he knew it was her.

            “It’s almost time. Soon we will spend the rest of our lives together. I hope you are as excited as I am.”

            He didn’t tell his wife about this one. Instead deleting the message off his phone altogether and blocking the number. Looking up at Megan, at his current size, he regretted that action. At long last she stopped in front of the desk and his heart hammered as he wondered what the hell was going to happen to him next.