- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Saw a review telling me to write from Delaney's perspective so i gave it a shot while also setting up where i think ill take the story from here. Please let me know what you think. Honestly harder to write from this perspective as i only fantasize about the other

As morning light danced through the curtains, casting a soft glow across her room, Delaney woke with a languid stretch, savoring the comfort of her bed. A wicked, self-satisfied smile crept across her face as her mind replayed the deliciously twisted events of the previous day. Reaching for her phone on the nightstand, she leisurely began to thumb through her social media feed, each swipe accompanied by a soft chuckle or an amused snort at the absurdities laid bare online. Yet, as entertaining as these digital diversions were, they paled in comparison to the dark, exhilarating satisfaction that simmered deep within her—a satisfaction born from the power she held over Chase, a living testament to her manipulative prowess and sadistic whims.

She tossed her phone aside, not bothering to look as it landed somewhere on her bed. Stretching like a cat, she sauntered over to her closet, already knowing the sight that would greet her would be the highlight of her morning. There, in her sneaker, was Chase, or what used to be Chase—now just an insole designed to make her life more comfortable. "God, I feel like I've hit some weird jackpot," she laughed quietly to herself, relishing the thought of how much he must hate his new existence.

"It's just too perfect," Delaney thought, pulling the sneaker out and holding it in her hand. "From annoying brother-in-law to my personal foot cushion. Honestly, he's doing a much better job at this than being married to my sister. Plus, knowing he's down there, hating every second? It's like a constant power trip."

Her mind wandered to the absolute control she had over him, turning a man with his own life and dreams into nothing more than an object for her own benefit. "Being a god might just be my calling," she mused, a wicked grin spreading across her face. "I mean, reshaping someone's entire existence for my comfort? It doesn't get much more divine than that."

With a final glance at the insole that was once a thorn in her side, Delaney's smile turned cruel. "Hope you're ready for another day in paradise, Chase. Because as long as you're under my feet, I'm going to make sure every moment is torture."


Hovering over the sneaker, Delaney had a wicked spark in her eye. "Wait a sec, why rush the fun?" she thought, a mischievous grin spreading across her face. Instead of putting the shoe on, she teasingly placed it back, ensuring Chase could see but not escape his fabric prison.

"Let's let him marinate in dread a little longer," Delaney chuckled under her breath, her imagination running wild with images of Chase squirming in anticipation. "He’s probably there, all tensed up and waiting for the grand honor of getting squashed again," she mused, finding the mental image absolutely hilarious.

Delaney paused, rethinking her playful torment, a smirk still playing on her lips. "He never wanted this, did he? Makes it all the sweeter," she corrected herself, relishing the fact that the misery she inflicted on Chase was entirely against his will. The realization that he hadn't chosen this path, that she had forced it upon him, made the power rush even more intoxicating.

Leaving the sneaker out, a silent tease of the day's inevitable discomfort for Chase, she couldn't contain her amusement. "Just hanging out, waiting for the next round under my sole—what a life," she snickered, finding perverse joy in his powerless state.

She lightly tapped the closet door closed with her foot, trapping him in darkness once more. "Enjoy the anticipation, Chase. It's all you've got," she whispered mockingly into the void, her heart light with the cruelty of her game.

With that, Delaney twirled on her heel, practically floating to the kitchen on the high of her dominance. The thought of Chase, resigned to his fate, anxiously awaiting her next step, was a delightful appetizer to her morning routine. "Breakfast first. Then, we'll see how our little insole is holding up," she mused, the day ahead promising more twisted satisfaction derived from her absolute control over him.

Delaney moved through her kitchen with an ease that came from knowing she was completely in control, not just of her space but of a life—Chase's life. She poured herself cereal, the flakes falling with a satisfying sound into the bowl, and then brewed a fresh cup of coffee, its rich aroma filling the air and coaxing a contented sigh from her.

As she settled down at the kitchen table with her simple yet satisfying breakfast, Delaney couldn't help but feel a surge of satisfaction. "Life really doesn't get any better than this," she thought, a smirk playing on her lips as she stirred her coffee, watching the liquid swirl around. Her mind, ever creative in its cruelty, wandered to a peculiar and darkly amusing idea.

Gazing at her coffee cup and spoon, a thrilling thought struck her. "Imagine if these were actually humans," she mused, her imagination painting vivid, twisted pictures. "A coffee mug, alive and screaming, getting scorched by the boiling coffee just to keep my drink warm. And a spoon... Oh, what a life, to feel like you're drowning in milk every morning, used to scoop up cereal, feeling that crunch against your face."

The idea of objects, once inanimate, now having a consciousness and being subjected to the mundane yet bizarre tortures of serving her daily needs gave her an undeniable rush. "To have someone burn for the sake of my perfect coffee temperature, or to know they're gasping for air as they dive into my breakfast... It's deliciously twisted," Delaney allowed herself to fantasize, the concept feeding into the dark corner of her mind that reveled in dominance and control.

The thought of extending her control, not just over Chase but over other aspects of her life, transforming humans into her everyday objects, thrilled her. It wasn't just about the power or the sadistic pleasure derived from their discomfort; it was the ultimate expression of her will, her desire to dominate and reshape the world around her to her whims.

As Delaney sat at her kitchen table, leisurely spooning another mouthful of cereal, her dark reverie wasn't yet satisfied. The morbid fascination with turning humans into objects hadn’t faded as she ate; instead, it grew, weaving itself into a more concrete ambition. The idea of having Chase, transformed and diminished, serving as her insole had ignited a deeper, more insidious desire within her.

She couldn't shake the thought, the image of someone else, another person reduced to an object for her daily use, accompanying Chase in his plight. "One insole just isn't enough, is it?" she pondered with a sly grin, the spoon pausing mid-air. "I really should complete the set. After all, what's a sneaker without its pair?"

The concept of bringing someone else into Chase's hellish existence, of duplicating that profound level of control and subjugation, sent a thrill through her. It wasn't just about the power anymore, nor the sadistic satisfaction derived from Chase's misery. It was about the statement it would make, about her unchallenged dominance, her ability to bend reality to her darkest fantasies.

As she finished her breakfast, the gears in Delaney's mind were already turning, plotting potential victims who could be coerced or tricked into the machine. "Who deserves to share Chase's fate? Who else can I bring into this deliciously twisted world of mine?" she mused, her thoughts dark and ambitious.

The idea of having another human being, transformed into an insole, trapped and tormented just like Chase, became an obsession. It was a challenge, a goal to strive for. "Imagine the possibilities, having them both under my feet, a constant reminder of my power," Delaney fantasized, the prospect sending a shiver of excitement down her spine.

She stood up from the table, energized by her macabre daydreams. The unfinished business of finding a suitable candidate for the machine beckoned her. "At the very least, Chase needs company in his misery. And I... I need the satisfaction of knowing I've completed my collection," she concluded, determination lacing her thoughts.