- Text Size +

Chapter 5



I was sitting on Sarah's bed, gazing in awe. Standing directly in front of me was the woman I was in love with. And she was undressing right before me.

Slowly, seductive and yet tasteful, Sarah was slipping out of her skirt, rolling down her nylon stockings, showing the white, sculptured thighs beneath. As the clothes fell to the floor, they revealed silk underwear which was small and tight, affording an excellent show while still protecting her modesty. She then stretched upwards, then came back down, nimbly unbuttoning her blouse along the way.

She was wearing a matching silk bra. And she was now almost naked. Sarah stepped slowly around the bed, coming within touching distance. With every step, the ground beneath me quaked but I barely noticed. Then her creamy thighs were inches away, and I couldn't do anything but reach out and stroke them. I was wondering if she felt my touch, but I saw her shudder very slightly and I knew that I had made an impact.

Then she was reaching behind, and unbuttoning her bra. She undid it, and the silk garment came floating to a rest behind me. I had a view to die for; two large, lovely breasts, the nipples erect, seeming to defy gravity. I longed to touch them.

"Okay, move back so I can lie down," Sarah whispered down to me. I stepped backwards, not daring to take my eyes off her, fearing that she'd disappear if I looked away.

With one smooth, graceful movement, Sarah twisted off the floor, and placed herself gently on the bed. I found myself wondering if she had been a gymnast. Her movements were so fluid and gentle, yet calculated and precise. I heard a rustle behind me, and turned to see Sarah's hand filling my field of view. Her fingers curled behind me, and she gently stroked my back. I arched against her touch, with a feeling of pure exhilaration.

She cupped her fingers and lifted me slowly into the air, affording me a bird's eye view of the work of art before me. Then I was descending, coming to land right above her flat stomach. It rose and fell slowly with her breath. Her immense breasts were before me, huge, white, curving mountains that partially obstructed my view of her face. I stood right between them so she could see me.

Sarah tilted her head upwards to get a better look, and her breath washed over me, warm and moist. "Well," she said. "I undressed for you. Now you can do the same for me."

I took a deep breath. What would she think of my looks? As far as I knew, there were at most five people in my life who had seen me completely naked. But I had very little choice. I untriggered Sess, and the silvery stuff slowly slid away from me, leaving me completely exposed. I closed my eyes, and I could feel myself blushing a bit. But upon opening them I saw a smile on Sarah's face.

"I guess you're as excited as I am," she said. I didn't need to look down to know that I was harder than iron, and probably a good deal longer than I had ever been before. She reached out a finger and slid it down me, from my chest to my feet. This didn't take her very long, of course, but it still brought spasms of delight from me.

I walked over to one of the hills in front of me, and carefully climbed to the top. I think that simply the sensation of me moving along her in this sensitive area gave her some pleasure, as she was shaking slightly and I heard her breath come faster. Soon, I was standing atop her areola. In front of me was her nipple, standing straight up as tall as my chest. I reached out and pushed it with my hand experimentally, finding it to be rock hard. Behind me, Sarah moaned.

I put both hands upon her nipple and began massaging it, and Sarah responded, her breathing becoming faster, and as a result the entire breast began to move up and down. I had only one thing to hold onto, so I encircled the nipple with my arms and held tight. The motion increased, so I straddled the nipple with my legs. Almost unconsciously, I began to thrust. Sarah's breath began to come in short gasps. The world felt like it was spinning on its axis. Somewhere inside my head, a small voice was detachedly thinking, I haven't even touched her sex and yet we're both almost at climax.

Then, suddenly, there was an electronic chime which I knew had to be the doorbell. Sarah stopped moving, her breathing became regular. "Shit," said Sarah. "I have to get that. Hold on tight."

I triggered Sess, and held on for dear life as Sarah got up. She quickly snapped on her bra, allowing me to relax and be caught by the silk fabric. Then she pulled on a robe of some sort, pulling it close about her and hurrying downstairs. Her rush made the trip jarring, and I almost got a headache. I had a feeling that I would need to sit on something solid for a few hours after this.

Sarah pulled open the door. I clambered up the inside of her bra, peeking my head out to get a better look.

"Vanessa," said Sarah.

"Do you always wait ten minutes before answering the door?" asked a cold, hard feminine voice.

"Only when it's ten at night." I felt, rather than heard Sarah's reply.

I studied the woman before me. She was about a head shorter than Sarah, making me even with her neck and shoulders. She was standing a few feet away, however, so I got a good portrait of her. She was dressed in a taut military uniform, and her jet black hair was cut short. Definitely military, I thought, then remembered that Sarah was involved in work for the government.

Her face was prim, with thin lips and piercing dark eyes which lacked any warmth. Her small nose was sharply cut, and her cheekbones high and defined. Her jaw protruded a bit, and her chin was very pointed. All the same, she had a strange, almost reptilian beauty. She was clearly a predator, and the glimmer in her cold eyes spoke volumes about the violence she was capable of.

"The time of day is unimportant," Vanessa said, clipping the words in typical military fashion. "I have a lot of work to do on any given day, and you happened to be the last stopover."

"I'm honored," said Sarah flatly.

"Let's not waste any more of your time or mine. Take me to the lab."

Sarah walked down the steps into the laboratory, the other woman following closely behind her. I saw Vanessa stride around the laboratory, occasionally looking at the scattered parts or blueprints along the counter. She walked briskly, however, and didn't bother to really look at most of Sarah's work.

She stopped, however, at the portal. I could feel Sarah's heartbeat increase. Vanessa got very close to the portal, peering intently at the numerous switches and mechanisms, even going so far as to slide a finger along the side of the steel ring. Then she turned very quickly, and was somehow directly facing Sarah. "What is this?" her voice had only the slightest hint of cold curiosity.

"What does it matter? It has no military applications." Vanessa clearly wasn't convinced. I toggled my mic.

"It's a stabilizing field," I said quickly. I've always been good at making up excuses. I had to learn how at a young age, when my parents started finding out about my basement lab.

"Tell me, what does it do?" Vanessa said, an edge coming into her voice.

"It's a stabilizing field," Sarah said tightly. "For controlled experiments."

Vanessa seemed satisfied. I breathed a sigh of relief. The military woman continued her inspection. She stopped at a picture on the wall. It looked to be the sketch of a man in profile, but it was hard to tell as most of it had been penciled over violently. Vanessa stared at it for quite some time.

"You really hate me, don't you," she said quietly, but her tone was still icy and detached. "For what happened with Brian."

When Sarah spoke, her voice was almost as cold. "What Brian did or does is no longer my business. He's out of my life."

"But his portrait's still on your wall..." Sarah seemed about to reply, but Vanessa didn't let her. "My inspection is done. We expect you to have a new invention by the end of the month. One with practical implications."

She turned and headed for the door, then stopped once more. Without turning around, she said, "You've been useful for us in the past, Sarah. It would be a shame if you were to lose your usefulness."

There was complete silence as Vanessa left. Sarah put me back on the counter. Then she quickly moved to the portrait on the wall, pulled her fist back and swung at it. The impact left a dent in the wall. "That bitch!" she yelled. She threw another fist at the picture, then tore it off the wall, shoving it violently into a wastebasket.

I had never seen Sarah angry before. It was a terrifying, and somehow awe-inspiring scene. Eventually, she calmed down, and slumped into a chair two feet away from me. I picked my way over the jumbled parts and papers on the table, and stood next to her. I was able to see tears running down her cheeks.

I waited, awkwardly, for a few minutes, trying to decide what to say. Then she turned a little towards me, wiping her eyes. I switched on my mic. "Is it something you'd like to talk about?"

She shook her head and took a tissue from a box to her right, wiping her red-rimmed eyes. "Things are just going downhill a little right now." she said.

"Don't worry," I said as comfortingly as I could. "It's gonna be okay." Even as I said it, however, I doubted it. I had worked with the government in my world, and I knew well the problems it led to, especially when you were emotionally involved... I felt a great amount of pity for her then, as well as empathy and of course, love. If she was following the same path I did, she still had far worse to come.

"You know what she was hinting at, right?" asked Sarah. "What she said at the ending."

"It was a threat," I replied, knowing that this wouldn't help. "It's the method of choice for the government when it wants to get things done."

"But I'm so busy working on the portal and everything... God, I haven't thought of anything for the military in days."

"Calm down," I said soothingly. "It's all going to work out. I'm not in that much of a hurry to get home... We can stop work on the portal for a few days."

She stared at me. "Are you sure that you'd be okay with that?"

"It's fine," I said more confidently than I felt. "And together, we'll think of an invention you can sell to the military. Something that'll ensure you a position with them for a long time to come."

She was then smiling again, and I felt my heart lifting. Making her glad made me happy as well. But my words had been false reassurance... In reality I had no idea how I was going to help her through this. If her government was anything like mine, they would be more likely to crack down on her sooner than later. There was limited time and I had no idea what to give her as an idea...

Then suddenly, a flash of brilliance. I was on a different planet. Clearly, the environmental properties would be different. And the slightest discrepancy in one area or another could make an invention that failed in my world work in this one. "Sarah!" I called up, then remembering myself spoke into the mic. "Sarah, you remember when we were comparing data on our worlds?"

"Yeah," she replied distractedly.

"Sarah, I think that we may have a solution to our problem. I need you to get me a report on all statistics that differ between our worlds, but specifically the ones related to gravity and magnetism."

"I have no idea what you're thinking," she chuckled. "But I have a feeling it will be crazy enough to work!"


Two hours later I had preliminary blueprints done, and I was ready to show Sarah. "Finished," I said, holding up the tiny piece of drafting paper I was working on, and beginning to hand it to Sarah. Then I stopped mid-motion. "On second thought, maybe you should just get a magnifying glass."

Sarah followed my advice, and peered intently at the magnified sketches. "So, this is supposed to be some kind of levitation device?"

"Think hoverboard," I quickly replied. "Well, that sounds a bit cheesy... But you know what I mean."

She smiled and nodded. "It seems logical enough. But why didn't it work in your world?"

"It has to do with the differences between my world and yours. I figured that in order to support much larger organisms, your world would have to have significantly lower gravity, but it would also need to be able to keep all its life forms on its surface. Thus, it utilizes higher magnetism. And it just so happens that the high gravity and low magnetism in my world was what was holding this particular invention back."

Sarah nodded once more. "This is good... It could definitely work. How fast do you think it would travel?"

"Maybe thirty to forty MPH?"

"Perfect. We'll get started in the morning." She turned to put the blueprints away.

"Oh, Sarah, one more thing?" Upon hearing me, she turned back. "You think we might make a working scale model of this? Really, really small scale?"

"What exactly are you suggesting?" she asked sweetly.

"Well, something like this could make living here a lot easier."

She stepped quickly back to the table, then swept me up in her hands, pressing me to her lips as she lifted me up. "Anything that'll make your life here easier is good for me." she said with a smile. "Now I think we ought to get some rest."

"Agreed," I said immediately. "It's been a long day."