- Text Size +

Chapter 4



After about fifteen minutes which seemed like an eternity, I had finally gotten my sea legs, or rather my "purse legs". That is to say that I was used to the tremendous tilting back and forth, the jarring motions that Sarah made whenever she took a step, the way that the several items of makeup in the bag constantly tumbled this way and that, many posing a serious threat to my existence. A single tube of lipstick was six times my size, and thus appeared to be a miniature skyscraper when it came towards me.

Sarah had considerately left a small portion of the purse unzipped, so some small amounts of air and sunlight entered the warm, fairly dark leather bag. For my part, I clung for dear life to the stitches of what had to be an embroidered designer name. This part of the journey wasn't fun, but I knew it to be necessary. Sarah and I were not yet intimate, so it would have been awkward for her to carry me in a pocket... or somewhere else. I still contented myself with thoughts of travel in the future.

Soon enough, I could hear muffled thunder that I grew to understand was talking. Lots of it. Sarah was definitely meeting her friend in a public place. Sarah set the purse down as gently as possible, so the motion only registered as a semi-apocalyptic event. I relinquished my desperate hold on the side of the purse and fell a few feet onto a compact. "Thank goodness for Sess." I said, to no one in particular.

I laid down on the compact and waited patiently for Sarah to open the bag and let me out. Some time passed, and my patience began to fade. From above I heard musical female voices talking and laughing. Soon I was positively dying to see the outside world. Then it hit me: Sarah wasn't going to let me out. She was only taking me along so that I wouldn't get killed while she was out of the house.

I switched on my nifty new mic, and spoke into it. "Sarah, you think you could take me out of the purse for a little while?"

"Hold on a sec," I heard Sarah say, muffled from above. Then I heard creaking noises as she bent over in her chair. There was a horrific noise as the zipper above me opened to reveal Sarah's looming, gigantic face, which had a small frown on it. "Eric, you know I can't let you out here," she whispered. "Someone might see you. Or, more likely... well, you could get hurt. I can't take that chance." The bag zippered once more.

I scowled at the smooth leather wall. She was treating me like a pet, or worse, a possession. I pounded at the sides of the bag for a second or two, before getting a hold of myself and thinking it through rationally. Sarah wasn't going to let me out. But there was still that small crack open at the top of the bag. And with Sess I could grip any porous surface.

I fully knew that it would be dangerous. But the unpredictable part of me, the part that told me to activate the portal in the first place, was unwilling to acknowledge the danger. I wasn't going to stay put. I was going to take a look at my surroundings.

I leapt off the compact, arms extended, then smacked into the side of the purse. I panicked for a moment, unable to get a grip on the slick leather. Then I managed to grab on, and began painstakingly inching my way up. It was difficult going, as every now and then the slickness of the surface would cause me to slip a few inches. Eventually, however, I persevered, and found myself at the hole on top of the handbag.

I took a deep breath and flipped myself over the edge, so I was standing on top of the purse. I then opened my eyes to behold... Not much. There was sunlight streaming down from somewhere above, onto a floor made of slats of wood. Above me, stretching on into infinity, were Sarah's enormous legs, smooth and delicate as they were massive. Up close, they seemed to be of impossible dimensions, like nothing I had ever seen before. Above that was, at such a distance that it was almost incomprehensible, what looked like the underside of a table, draped by a tablecloth. I looked down to see that Sarah was wearing shiny red high-heeled sandals with a number of straps. Through the bands of plastic I could see the smooth, gentle slope of her foot, curving down to large toes with polished burgundy nails.

I was so hard that it hurt. But there was more to see. I looked up to the bottom of the seat, which was made of mesh... Sarah's legs weren't spread, but I could still gaze upon her curves, which seemed like the rim of a far-off planet. Giving myself over to complete irrationality, and seeing that the immense yet intricate structure of her ankle moving towards me, I leapt out into space.

Her leg was still tilting as I fell, so I wound up smashing into her lower calve instead of her ankle. As far as crashes go, this wasn't bad in the least. I latched on to warm, soft skin, and my fall was cushioned by the layers of skin and muscle beneath me. Under that creamy, silky exterior, Sarah was quite toned.

I suddenly felt a gigantic updraft of wind behind me. I lost my grip on Sarah's leg and was blown upwards, out of control. So I did what anyone would do in such a situation. I screamed.

Then I saw myself flying right toward the fabric tablecloth. I managed to just barely hold on to the edge. I took a few deep breaths. Then I decided to change the name of the "unpredictable" side of me to the "stupid" side of me. From somewhere above, I heard two loud voices amidst the chaotic tangle of noise in the area. They were laughing, which would've knocked me unconscious had I not been used to such loud sounds. Then I heard Sarah speak.

"So, I guess I'm not trying THAT again," she chuckled.

"Girl, you shouldn't be trying anything right now," The voice was definitely that of a black woman. A grrlfriend. If I hadn't been hanging on for dear life, I would have thought it a cliche. "You need to give yourself some time. Get over him."

"I know," Sarah's voice became serious, and I could feel the hurt behind those two words. Then her voice brightened. "But I think, maybe I should try to help myself along. Being with someone couldn't hurt."

I grimaced, not only because my arms were starting to cramp, but because Sarah was looking for someone. And that someone couldn't be me.

"Listen, going out for someone on the rebound is never a good idea," advised the friend.

"Tamyra... I know you're giving me good advice, but I can't listen to it right now." Her voice had this strange quality to it, almost distracted. "I think... I think I'm falling in love."

I almost lost my grip. She was in love? What would that mean for my future in this world? Would I have to deal with a man in the house? And with Sarah dating, when would she have any time to work on getting me home? My thoughts were selfish, I know, but it was the first reaction after a stunning revelation.

The wind began to gust again, and the cloth I was holding on to began to wave in the breeze, the rippling motion tossing me back and forth. When the wind died down, I knew that this wasn't the safest place to be. So I summoned up my last ounces of strength and scaled my way to the top of the table.

I collapsed for a second, there, having reached the end of my strength. But my curiosity overcame my exhaustion, and I got up and took a look around. I was on an outdoor table in a cafe, that much I understood. Looking out and trying to see the rest of the patrons and people was near impossible; due to the tremendous distance and scale they wound up being tremendous blurs on the horizon. I could make out some details of the woman sitting at the adjacent table; blond hair, tan skin. A neck that could have belonged to a swan.

Looking off into the distance quickly began to make my eyes hurt, so I turned my attention to the person sitting across from me. The table was high, almost chest-height, so I couldn't help but begin by staring directly at her assets. If I had been normal-sized, they wouldn't have appeared enormous. They were at most a C cup. But as I was, they filled my vision. Two enormous hills positioned vertically, capped with two suggestively pointed peaks. Her low-cut shirt was tight, and served well to accentuate her tight stomach.

I tried to look up but all I could see was a rather thick neck and the underside of a jutting jaw. So I sat and contented myself with the view I had, which was pretty spectacular nonetheless.

I noticed a peculiar trembling sensation, and heard the loud clap of moving feet. Suddenly, the table beneath me shook violently, and I was catapulted out of my sitting position. I wound up twisting in midair, and landing painfully on my back. I saw what had caused the commotion; towering above me was the gigantic front of an apron. The waitress. The plates she was holding prevented any good look at her, though.

It took a few seconds for the knowledge to sink in. She was holding plates. Plates of food, obviously, that Sarah and her friend (Tamyra, I thought, I need to remember the name) had ordered. Plates that were about to be set upon the table. Right on top of me.

I got up and ran, ran for my life, as fast as I could. I didn't look where I was going, I was so afraid. And when you're on a 250 foot tall platform, such as the table I was standing on, not looking is a bad idea.

I tripped, then plunged, falling like a brick off the edge of the table. That was probably the worst moment I could've chosen to open my eyes, so naturally it was when I did. I saw nothing but motion blur, the sensation of speed increasing, and then directly below me I saw blackness rising to meet me.


Before any of my other senses came back to me, I felt pain. Aching, splintering pain throughout my body, burning through every nerve. Slowly, I opened my eyes, and couldn't focus them. My head began to cloud over from the constant agony I was in, and I felt something like a hangover magnified several thousand times. I figured that I probably had a concussion. Then my vision began to clear, and the pain began to subside. I knew that at that moment Sess was pumping several different varieties of anesthetic, amphetamine and adrenaline into my bloodstream. In but a few moments, I'd be feeling fine. Then Sess would go to work on me, the nanobots filtering painlessly through me and to the problem areas, fixing me up.

The purse continued to rise. It had probably caught me after what was on my scale a one hundred foot fall. I realized that it was nothing more than sheer good luck that had kept me from becoming an insignificant red splotch on the floor. Sarah's face came into view, filling the opening of the bag.

"You okay?" she whispered.

I nodded, then toggled my mike and hoarsely replied, "Yeah. I think." I had screamed as I ran, and then as I fell, and now my voice was nearly gone.

"Good," she whispered back, then turned to her friend. "Bye, Tamyra." She then zipped the bag and slung it over her shoulder once more.

I knew the anesthetics in Sess were powerful, but I didn't get a full grasp of them until then. I was soon drifting off to unconsciousness, despite the constant rocking of the bag. I don't even remember the trip back.


I woke to see a tremendous white monstrosity coming straight towards me, with five pink, shiny heads. Not heads, nails. Sarah's hand. She reached in, and one of the fingers brushed against my face with a surprisingly gentle touch for something so huge. Then her finger and thumb surrounded me, and pulled me out, as gently as possible.

Sarah was smiling as she set me upright on her kitchen countertop. "So, how'd you like your glimpse at the outside world?"

I toggled my mic. "I didn't get one," I said, acting as angry as I could while I lied. I still was smarting over the way she'd treated me earlier. "You kept me in your purse, remember?

"Don't be silly," she said. "I saw you on the table. That's why I lifted the purse, just in time I might add."

I burned with shame. She had found me out. And saved me, even though I disobeyed her, and placed myself in the direct path of peril. I suddenly realized how foolish it was to try to rebel against this lovely, enormous, and incredibly powerful woman. After all, she only had my best interests at heart. I didn't have any idea what to say.

"It's all right," she said comfortingly. "I can understand your curiosity. What I really want to know is this: how much of our conversation did you hear?"

I gulped. I was caught once again, and this time I decided that it might be better to admit the truth. "I heard... I heard that you had fallen in love."

Sarah's cheeks gained the slightest shade of pink. It seemed that I had caught her with something she didn't want to admit as well. "Yes, I did say that, didn't I?"

"It's fine by me," I said, "I'd just like it if I were out of the way before you bring him here." And suddenly I was okay. I fully understood how impossible it would be for Sarah and I to have a real relationship. It would be better for her just to get another guy her size. I really only wanted her to be happy.

"There isn't any other man." Sarah said softly.

I blinked in disbelief. That made no sense. "You sounded like you meant it. That you were in love, I mean."

"I am," she said quietly, biting her lip. "I'm in love... with you."

My stomach dropped, my heart soared, and my head took its leave from my body. I could only gasp. I was at a total loss for words, more so than ever before in my life. Our feelings were mutual. And the way she said she was in love, she meant it.

Sarah covered her eyes with her hands. "I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have..."

"No," I said as forcefully as I could. "I'm glad you did. I love you too."

Then I was once more flying through the air, being swept towards her lips. This time I was slightly more prepared for her kiss, and I took full, unmitigated enjoyment of it this time, feeling the soft, smooth wetness beneath me, all around me. It was a long, slow, wonderful kiss. I was in heaven, and I knew in some strange way, that as much as I was hers this amazing goddess was also mine.

I was being drawn back, pulled away from the luscious lips, and I was on the solid granite counter top once more. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. "That was the single most amazing experience of my life," I said, and meant it with all my heart.

"Well, I think there's still more to come," Sarah said with a slightly mischievous smile.

I sat back on the table and reveled in the glory of my giantess, rolling the idea around in my head. I was in love, and loved back. For what felt like the first time in my life, I was in a real relationship. With a woman who was practically surreal, with her power, beauty, and grace. And certainly not least, her kindness.

I grinned more widely than I ever had before. "Maybe we should see what other amazing experiences we can have."