- Text Size +

 

Chapter Fourteen


"They're mostly minor cuts and abrasions," I said, in a tone that I hoped was reassuring. "Although you're a bit of a mess, and I'm slightly worried about your leg."

"A mess, yeah," Sarah said disgustedly. "Just look at me. I'm practically covered in mud and blood."

"Hey, if you lie any more about your appearance you just might beat me at self-deprecation." That brought a welcome laugh. I was willing to do anything to ease the tension between us. Ever since we had gotten back to the lab there had been one awkward silence after another.

As if on cue, there was another strange pause. Then Sarah spoke up. "Listen, you're not, um, mad about what happened are you?"

"Sarah, there's a difference between sadism and self-defense. You did what you had to do, and I'm glad you did." I gave her a smile which belied my inner turmoil. The fact was that there had been something deeply unsettling in seeing just how destructive my giantess could be. The most unsettling thing being that, on some level, seeing it was somehow erotic. It really wasn't even her actions that disturbed me as much as my reaction to them.

"I'm glad it's all over with," Sarah said, stretching. "These last few days we've gone through hell and back."

"Pretty much," I said. "It's been a lot to deal with, but you've been great at managing it."

"So have you, short stuff." Sarah said, beaming down on me.

"So," I said, struggling to phrase it as delicately as possible. "Maybe we should get you cleaned up."

"Don't want blood and guts all over the shiny chrome?"

"Hey, it's not a laughing matter. You did kill people, remember?"

Sarah instantly became somber and silent. She started chewing her lip nervously, and I realized that if I continued to be accusing it could result in some serious psychological scars. For her sake, I had to pretend it was no big deal.

"Don't worry about it," I said quickly. "It was self-defense, and that's all. Let's not say anything more." Truthfully, I didn't want to be reminded of what had happened. I wanted it to simply vanish into thin air, to have never happened. I wanted us to patch ourselves up and continue like we had at Sarah's home. But things had changed, and I feared that they would never be quite the same again.

"So, how am I going to get clean?"

"I've got a power washer setup in the back, I might be able to rig it so it'll spray hot water."

She giggled. "You're joking, right?"


Twenty minutes later Sarah was trying her best to wash herself off while I programmed in the codes for our respective surgeries. They seemed to be relatively close to the ones I had in the database, very little customization needed. Just a few parameters adjusted here and there...

I heard a squeal from the makeshift bathroom behind me , and rushed into the room to find Sarah completely naked and lying on her back. She saw me enter out of the corner of her eye and turned her head. "I slipped," she said by way of explanation.

I blushed involuntarily. It's not every day you have a three hundred foot tall naked woman showering in the back of your house. Then again it's not every day that you have a three hundred foot tall woman for a girlfriend. "You ought to be more careful," I said, although the reprimand was tempered by the fact that I could barely keep myself from laughing.

"Oh, you mean I shouldn't do things like - this?" Sarah asked playfully, using a spare hand to "accidentally" sweep me into the spray. I was buffeted about by the collective force of the power washers, eventually being pushed back into a soft wall. I doubled around and fell over, finding myself looking directly into Sarah's bare thigh.

I managed to stand up, even though the force of the jets of water was powerful. I shook my head like a dog does when wet, and grinned. "Now why would you go and do something so clumsy?"

"You're kind of cute, shorty," she said, poking me gently with one well-manicured finger. "I just couldn't help myself."

"Kind of cute? Kind of?" I replied with mock indignance. "I am a striking image of handsomeness and beauty. I should have been a male model! I mean, with this countenance -"

Sarah interrupted my faux egotism by bringing her open hand down on top of me, fingers curving around to pin me easily. "You say anything more and I'll be forced to do some things with that so-called beautiful body of yours."

"You call that a threat?" I spluttered.

"No," she laughed. "I call it a promise."

With that she curled her fingers around me and hoisted me through the spray and up into the air so I was hanging right in front of her face. "You didn't provide me with any soap, my little host."

"I'm sorry, we don't carry XXXXL soap bars!" I chuckled.

"Then I guess I'm just going to have to use a substitute," Sarah said in a voice that was both seductive and very, very naughty.

Without warning I was sliding across wet female skin, firm yet soft and smooth. Sarah began rubbing her hand all over herself, with me inside of it. First she scrubbed her arms, then moved down to the breasts and stomach, moving her hand in a circular motion which dizzied me but did not decrease the pleasure.

Then I was moving away from her torso and down to her legs, up and down warm, slick thighs that were easily the width of grain silos. I began to feel myself slipping down to the inner thigh, but here Sarah stopped. "Maybe not just yet," she rumbled, and placed me back on the floor, where I ran, slipping and sliding, to the power switch for the water jets. I sighed as I toggled it off.

It felt as if all the tension that had stored up since we'd landed on Earth was dissipating. Sarah lay back against the wall of the washroom, and I leaned against the side of her leg. "You know, things didn't turn out so badly in the end," I reflected soberly over the mic. "We managed to escape both your military and mine."

"Not for lack of effort, though," Sarah said thoughtfully. "Things were looking pretty grim for a bit."

"You're telling me. When Griffin led us into that dome, I was thinking he'd just get the hell out of there and nuke us to death."

"He'd what?" Sarah looked down at me, a quizzical look in her eyes.

"Nuke us. You know, drop a hydrogen bomb on us. Atomic death from above."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sarah replied, sounding genuinely puzzled. I had already begun to realize that there were major differences between my world and Sarah's. But one this major I had never thought of.

"They never discovered atomic fission in your world?" I asked.

"Fission? Of course. Linked fission plants provide the energy for our world."

"But you never discovered how to weaponize it," I said hesitantly. "I wonder if the Cold War ever occurred in your world..."

"The what?"

"Forget I said it," I said absently. "We should certainly get into surgery now. Washing that cut off helped, but I'd feel better if we removed any shrapnel and closed it up."

"You're not looking too good either, Eric," Sarah said, concerned. "You're bleeding from that sniper shot."

"I took it for you, Sarah. And I'd gladly take a dozen more. Now let's get to the surgery ward, I'm sure the program's loaded."


Roughly two hours later, I woke. Still woozy from the anesthetics, I stumbled off the operating table then managed to regain my balance. I checked my forehead, no more wound. The surgery had been a success.

I was getting ready to check on Sarah when four delicate yet gigantic fingers filled my vision and lightly swept me up. The giantess flipped me gently onto the palm of her other hand, and smiled down at me. "So, are you better too?" she asked.

"I think so... But you really shouldn't have swept me off my feet like that. Not good to do that to a recovering patient."

"You know damn well nanosurgery has nearly no recovery time whatsoever." Sarah grinned. "All the sooner I can play with my little man again."

"Hey, I'm not a toy," I said indignantly. "I am a human being just like you, if on a slightly smaller scale."

"Sorry," she said gently. "It's just that whole power thing again."

"Remember how we talked about control?" I said irritably. The after effects of the anesthetics were hitting pretty hard, and as a result my mood was suffering.

"Come on," Sarah said playfully. "It's not like anything's getting hurt."

"Nothing but my pride," I sheepishly replied, bringing a laugh from Sarah.

"Well, my dignity's rather abused right now as well," Sarah shot back. "Seeing as how I'm stark naked in the middle of your lab."

"What, you don't like running around in the buff?" I asked innocently.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Sarah said, playful menace in her voice.

"Okay, okay. I think I've got a solution. Follow me." I lead Sarah through the twisting corridors of my lab, past testing areas, dozens of failed inventions, a few working inventions, and a whole lot of machinery. Sarah often had to crouch to get through areas, and several times she completely filled the hallways. I couldn't help but glance at these moments. She was just so incredibly huge. And some part of me was beginning to find that more and more attractive.

"Here's one of my better inventions," I said, proudly showing off a small display case. "Made during my early army days."

"What is it?" Sarah asked, cocking her head to the side. I couldn't blame her for being puzzled. What was inside the clear case was nothing more than a simple, inch-thick square of black material.

"Try it on," I said, pressing the button to open the case. Sarah hesitantly poked out a finger and touched the material, and it instantly began to spread over her whole body, molding to her curves.

"Wow," Sarah said as the black material spread over her. "It's so soft and light."

"I called it synthskin," I told her. "It's kind of a prototype version of Sess. Light, quiet, very durable. Provides protection equivalent to two-layer ceramic plate bulletproof."

"Not to mention skintight," Sarah said, slightly annoyed. "I'm guessing you made this for people of the female persuasion."

"Hey, it suits you," I replied.

Suddenly, alarms went off around the lab. "What's going on?" Sarah cried.

"I don't know, but we'd better get to the security console quick. It can't be good."

Sarah and I raced over to the nearest security monitor, and I quickly pulled up the window that read "Current Alert". A video window instantly popped up showing three soldiers surrounding a woman with blond hair and round steel-rimmed glasses.

I pressed the button that allowed me to use the intercom system. "Chloe, what the hell are you doing here?" I said, the menace evident in my voice. Sarah bent over, muttering something along the lines of, "I thought I taught her..."

"Please, Eric," Chloe said, her voice mingling with static over the shoddy intercom line. "I need to speak with you, urgently."

"This better not be one of your tricks," I warned.

"I only brought three soldiers to accompany me," Chloe said, looking visibly shaken and frightened. "They are unarmed. I only wish to talk."

"I hope for your sake that you're telling the truth," I said simply, pressing the button that triggered the lift.

"Are you really going to trust her?" Sarah whispered to me.

"That lift is full of scanners, cameras and turrets of every variety," I replied. "If she was lying, she's as good as dead."

Sarah didn't say any more, but stared at the lift exit, lips pressed tightly together. I myself wasn't terribly sure that this was the best move to make. Something in Chloe's manner was off, however, not her usually controlled, manipulative self. It could just be the remnants of the shock Sarah had given her, but it seemed like something worse.

The lift halted at the bottom, allowing its passengers to disembark. Chloe glanced fearfully at Sarah before quickly staring at the ground. She seemed reluctant to move from beyond the lift, so I came towards her.

"What do you want?" I asked, with less spite than before.

"This may sound hard to believe," said Chloe. "But I need your help."

"That is hard to believe," I said, backing up. "A few hours ago you were torturing me. Then your fellow military goons tried nearly every way they could to break my spirit, preferably by killing me. And now you want my help."

"Not only yours," Chloe continued, her voice small but growing in steadiness. "But hers as well." She nodded to Sarah, eyes still locked firmly on the floor.

"I think it'll be a little hard to win me over to your side," Sarah replied. "You've proven pretty definitively that you aren't the good guys."

"It's not me that I want you to help," Chloe said, more boldly. "It's the civilians."

"What are you talking about? Get to the point." I said, annoyed.

Chloe suddenly looked straight into my eyes. I now recognized what it was that had led me to allowing her entry. The expression on her face was one that was somehow haunted. She wasn't the same woman. "A lot has happened in the last few hours," she said, her voice quiet but urgent. "Have you turned on the news at all since you returned?"

"I can't say I have," I replied, still calm. She was probably trying to win me over with this terrified act. She wanted to use me for something, and was using a new trick to con me into it.

"Pull up the news feed," she said. "It can explain better than I can."

Still doubting, I twiddled a few knobs and redirected the signal so that the security console displayed the feed from a local network station.

Onscreen was a female reporter, her face streaked with ash and dirt, a cut on her cheek. She was crouching next to a man who appeared to be in much worse shape. He moaned and began to scream while the reporter, microphone in her left hand, tried to comfort him. The shaky, handheld camera panned down to show that the man's body was cut off clean at the legs.

It was only this initial shock which stunned me into seeing the rest of the image. Buildings were aflame or completely destroyed. Bodies were strewn about everywhere. In the distance, a mob of people were streaming through the streets, hoarse cries barely audible. I noticed a wrecked sign above one of the shops in frame, which read "Ducard Bakery".

"When I used to live in the city, I'd get my breakfast every day at Ducard's." I gasped, my mouth dry. I was hardly conscious of speaking.

The reporter on screen had begun screaming, and abruptly ran off frame. There was a rumbling sound, and the camera shook. A tremendous object, the width of a small office building and much, much taller was filling up the street being filmed on. It was black, and shiny, with odd curves. After a moment, I understood it for what it was.

It was a leather boot with a spiked heel.

The boot rose high above the scene, and the stunned cameraman followed its progress up into the air. Then the boot came rushing quickly down, its sole filling the frame.

The video feed turned to static. No one spoke.

It was Sarah who found words to break the silence. "Vanessa's here."