- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 2 of my rewrite version of Dinner Dates episode 7.

Danielle image by SirTancrede.

Dinner Dates 7 - Save the Day (Danielle, the ‘innocent’ server)


Three tables over, the waitress Jackie held a tiny man in her hands. “I am so excited you guys!” she said to the group of people clustered around her.

 They all shouted their encouragement to her.

“Okay. I’m ready,” said Jackie to the man in her hand. “Are you ready?”

“Totally! Do it Jackie!” said the man.

“Okay here you go!” she cried, opened her mouth wide, and placed the tiny man inside to the roaring applause of the men and women watching. Jackie closed her mouth on the tiny man, who was waving to his friends, and swallowed him whole.

The crowd erupted in cheers. Jackie grinned. “He was good. You guys have great taste in friends!”

“Okay! Okay! Me next!” said a man next to Jackie, pushing papers into her hand.

“No me next!” said another, man in front of her. “Can you go shrink me down now?”

“Pffft. You guys”, said an attractive auburn-haired female colleague of theirs who was dressed to the nines, “you’re such preysluts. Wait your turn.”

“Don’t worry everyone. I’m going to eat all of you. When I came over to serve you, I certainly didn’t expect to eat the whole table. And I’ve never eaten a girl before,” said Jackie to one of the females next to her. Some of the table laughed and the girl squealed excitedly. The entire table of six people had requested that Jackie eat them all. Jackie was only too pleased to oblige. As a new member to the restaurant, she was always particularly excited whenever she was able to eat someone.

 

“Well the newbie seems to be doing well,” Kim observed from the bar as Jackie tossed her head back. A tiny pair of legs disappeared into her mouth and a moment later Jackie gulped. She opened wide to display her empty mouth to a group of laughing people.

Danielle looked over at Kim. “Well good for her. I knew she was excited about this whole eating people thing.”

“Whereas some of us wish to abandon it entirely,” said Kim idly.

“I like eating people Kim. I just restrict myself to willing ones. I think it’s terribly cruel to eat people who don’t want to be eaten. I met the most distraught woman the other day who had shrunk her boyfriend and hadn’t realized she couldn’t take him home. The poor thing ended up giving her boyfriend away to another lady so she could swallow him. Imagine how hard it must have been for her. And think of how scared her boyfriend must have been. They’re not chickens or pigs. They’re living, breathing human beings who want to live!”

“Yeah, because that guy really wants to live right now,” Kim said, pointing out the tiny man who jumped off Jackie’s hand and into her mouth.

“I’m not talking about the willing ones,” said Danielle. “You know who I mean.” The restaurant had a firm policy that stated once a customer was shrunk, he was the property of the restaurant and must be eaten by another customer or staff member. Since her arrival, Danielle had obstinately refused to eat anyone who did not want to be eaten. No one cared about that too much. Lindsay’s reaction had simply been “More food for us.”

 

What got under everyone’s skin was how Danielle absolutely refused to serve unwilling shrunken men. It meant that the other servers had to make more trips to the kitchen. Some accused Danielle of laziness, stating that is was unreasonable that a staff member refused to serve the staple dish of the restaurant.

Meghyn had eventually allowed Danielle to have her way due to her stunning addition to the serving staff. Meghyn only hired the prettiest of girls.

However, to appease her other servers Danielle had been restricted to working in either of the two bars in the restaurant. She was told that she had better keep on top of the drink orders and ensure that there were plenty of fresh glasses. This meant Danielle was almost always behind the bar, serving drinks rather than people. Her tips weren’t as large as she was commonly excluded from tabs that covered dozens of shrunken men but she didn’t mind as she was making more money at the Forbidden Dish than anyone could hope to earn at even a high end restaurant. Despite being behind the bar, it wasn’t uncommon for someone to ask her to eat them and she happily obliged anyone who did. But she was still considered the “hippy” of the group.

 

“Before someone can be shrunk, each man has to sign a contract stating he is doing this because he wants to. After that they are given multiple chances to bail out. After turning them all down, then they try to escape at the eleventh hour? That is not how the world works Danielle. They chose to be shrunk. They should be eaten.”

“I think it’s cruel.”

 (Danielle)

“Then find another job!” shrugged Kim. She was sick of hearing about how Danielle felt bad for people who deep down, probably wanted to be eaten anyway. “Listen, you and Kara can talk about sparing people all you want. She seems to have a heart for them as well. I’m the wrong person to talk to.”

“You don’t have to stop eating people Kim. Just stop eating the wrong people.”

“If they’re on my plate, they’re the right people,” said Kim over her shoulder She started walking away from the conversation under the pretense of checking up on a few customers.

Just then, a young man came up to Kim’s side. “Miss, I’ve been watching you for a while…and I came to the realization that you can do magic.”

“Magic?”, said Kim, a look of bewilderment on her face.

“Yeah”, the man quipped, “I was just thinking that you could make me disappear. Hungry?”

Danielle rolled her eyes. “You’re sweet”, said Kim, grabbing the man playfully by the collar, “Come on cowboy. I’m gonna take you for a ride.”

 

As Kim and guy walked away, Danielle sighed and leaned against the bar.

“Hey miss?” said a man at the bar, wearing a red wrist bracelet. “Miss, excuse me. It says here on the menu that your name is Danielle?”

--

 

The tiny man slid down Danielle’s throat easily. He didn’t even wiggle. Danielle paused. He had been tasty. She would be lying if she said she hadn’t enjoyed eating him. It had been fun.

Her food wasn’t wiggling in her belly very much. Usually, someone who had just been swallowed alive was trying to climb out of the stomach acid right now so what was the problem with this one? Danielle remembered that when she had swallowed the man that he had cried out in pain but if he’d been having second thoughts it was way too late for her to save him. Thinking back though, she had thought she had also heard a ‘pop’ sound when she gulped him down. Perhaps she had broken some of his bones. That would have explained the cry of pain. If she had hurt him while swallowing, it had been unintentional. But people were fragile at that size and it wasn’t the first time she had heard of injuries to tiny men being swallowed.

Well, not to worry. He would be digested anyway.

 

Danielle walked out of the shrink room and headed back to the bar. There she found Kim serving new drinks to a couple at the bar. They had been there for about a half an hour or so. The girl was obviously planning to eat the guy and the guy seemed all for it as long as he got his mitts on her boobs between now and then. From the look of things, both of them planned on being completely loaded when the girl ate him.

“So,” said Kim. “How was your snack?”

“Delicious,” said Danielle truthfully.

“Ha. See? You like this just like I do,” said Kim. “Actually I’m a little jealous. I was eyeing that guy when he sat down. I was actually going to subtly pitch him an offer on being an after work snack but he obviously took a liking to you since he asked you right away. How did the dancing go?”

“Okay, I guess,” said Danielle.

 

It was common knowledge among the staff that Danielle was the most shy on the staff and the least comfortable with wearing explicit clothing or dancing privately for someone she intended to consume. She never wore anything aside from a tank top and shorts or pants, albeit tight fitting pants that showed off a remarkably nice ass.

Chapter End Notes:

continued in the next chapter