- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Added 12-Jan

“Emma, I need you to run this down.” A manilla folder with a stack of 50 pages fell on top of Emma’s desk as she was typing on her computer. Her supervisor, interrupting her focus, said, “Alexandra hit Malibu pretty hard last night.”

Emma frowned as she took the folder off her keyboard and looked up at her boss with disdain. The folder had messed up her typing and added a jumble of characters to the article she was writing. She looked down at her lap and thumbed through the files. The documents were a mixture of 8x10 photos, witness testimonials, and cost estimates for the destruction. The photos were… graphic. In disgust, Emma closed the folder and tried shaking the images from her mind.

Goddess Alexandra could be described in two ways. Those who worshipped her would say she’s captivatingly beautiful with striking sea-blue eyes that could pierce through a soul. Her well-endowed natural breasts and slim waist were like a work of masterful art, containing more gracious curves than the track at Nürburgring. The contrast between her jet black hair and pale white skin made her seem like a heroine from a fairytale. Her worshipers devoted themselves, not only out of fear, but because she was the quintessential image of a goddess. Her confidence and the way she commanded her power were inspiring to those who lamented their confidence, and to those who just wanted to see a powerful woman kick ass.

Those who feared Alexandra, and this was most of the population, would simply say she was a bitch. Her stare alone could bring nations to their knees. Her aura and smugness made her unrelatable and unpopular. She was like that politician, or monarchy, that sat high on their throne-disconnected from the plight of the common man. She took what she wanted for self-indulgence without care of the lives around her. It didn’t matter who she destroyed or who suffered from her actions. Alexandra sought pleasure, often sexual, and if this meant people got hurt, so be it.

Alexandra rampaged through Malibu the previous night, at approximately 400 feet tall. Captured in the photos in the dossier were the aftermath of her foot stomps through homes that were nestled on the coast. Homes in the millions of dollars that overlooked the Pacific ocean now looked like a tornado and a boulder came rolling through at the same time. She crushed homes, vehicles… and people. Emergency personnel were still working on accounting for anyone in her path of destruction, but many victims had unknown statuses. City officials knew about Alexandra’s proclivities to eat people alive, and sadly, this would mean they wouldn’t be recovering all the victims’ remains.

“Don’t you have the entire news station working on this? What do you need me for?”

“Hey, what’s with the attitude?”

“It’s just—it’s Alexandra…” Emma tossed the hefty folder on her cluttered desk. “I’d rather work on anything that doesn’t involve gods. I especially want nothing to do with the worst god of the bunch.”

“Too bad. This is your job and current priority assignment. Take your butt over to Malibu and start covering all the post-attack recovery efforts. And you’ll have to do your own video recording. We tasked all the other cameramen, and one won’t be available to you.”

“But I’m currently working on my other story. The Silent Samaritan. I’m really close to tracking the—”

“Emma, Emma, no one gives a shit about the homeless,” he said, waving his hands in front of him. “A literal god just leveled Malibu. That’s your job right now. Not a story about someone handing out food to the homeless. Roger?”

Emma didn’t hide her sigh or her disheartened emotions with her supervisor. With a saddened strain in her voice, she said, “roger.”

-

Emma went straight to a freeway underpass in the heart of LA, ignoring her supervisor’s orders. There was a mysterious good samaritan providing food to the homeless in the area. Although this didn’t seem newsworthy, there was something off about this enigmatic individual that Emma wanted to uncover. But it would require finally catching up with this mystery person and having an interview. Emma sensed a tantalizing story somewhere there in her gut.

Emma stood by in her car until she spotted this mystery woman that she dubbed the Silent Samaritan for her upcoming news piece.

A blue boxcar drove past Emma and pulled into the homeless camp ahead. Emma saw the camp awaken with activity as a flurry of destitute people got out of their tents to greet the person driving the blue boxcar. A blonde woman wearing jean overalls came out and opened the back of the vehicle and revealed a full compartment of what looked like shoe boxes. The boxes contained food, water, toiletries, and other knick-knacks for the homeless.

Emma got out of her car, ready to meet this woman, who, at a glance, didn’t seem to be affiliated with any organizations.

“Excuse me, miss?” Emma asked as she jogged up to the woman, who was busy handing out boxes of food. “I’m Emma Green and I’m from—”

“Here, take these and hand them out,” the mystery woman said, handing Emma five boxes at once. The mystery woman looked frumpy, with large black-rimmed glasses and greasy blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. She was average looking and averaged height.

“Oh, I’m not here to hand out these. I’m here to ask you some questions.” Emma said.

“What? You don’t want to help the less fortunate?”

“Well… sure. I can help, I guess?”

“It’s not that much work. Grab these care packages and hand them out. It’ll only take a little bit of your time and effort to help these people who are forgotten by society. Or is that too much to ask from you?”

“No. I suppose not.” This woman’s gruffness took Emma aback.

They handed several dozen boxes out to the homeless, who lined up neatly into two queues. Upon seeing each person’s gratitude, after she handed them a box full of food and amenities, Emma couldn’t help but share in their heightened spirits.

Emma walked into the back of the vehicle, grabbed as many boxes as her arm could carry, and then handed out the stack. “So, could you tell me your name?” Emma asked.

“Molly.”

“Who do you work for, Molly?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, where does all this food come from?” Emma asked.

“Some rich dude. I know little about him. All I know is that I’m supposed to pick up this truck from a warehouse and hand it out to anyone in need.”

“So, this is your job?”

“Yup. Pretty easy, if you ask me. I’m glad I answered that ad.”

The crowd was thinning, but there were still plenty of boxes in the truck to hand out. Emma was sweating under the California sun, and could feel her pits staining her shirt. She rubbed her forehead with her forearm and continued handing out food.

“This is your entire job? Do you work anywhere else?”

“What the hell is this? Are you interviewing me?” Molly asked.

“Oh, sorry, I work for a local news station. I’m doing a story about… your organization? Or whoever it is, kind enough to donate all this to the people of LA.”

“Why?”

“It’s a good news story.” Emma said with a chirp. “It was my idea to focus on the good that’s happening around her. Instead of… you know…”

“The gods?”

“Right.”

“Well, let me save you time. The rich bastard I work for wants to remain anonymous, and I don’t think he’d appreciate me talking to the media.”

“Are you sure you don’t work anywhere else?” Emma pressed.

“No. We’re done here, by the way.”

“Wait, can I show you a picture on my phone?” Emma asked, and without waiting for a response, she pulled up her smartphone and loaded her gallery. A few swipes later, she pulled up a security camera screenshot and showed Molly. “Is this you?”

Molly looked closely and rolled her eyes. “I don’t know. Maybe.”

“This was taken at the hospital a few miles from here. This is you, right?”

Molly shrugged.

Emma continued, “you entered this patient’s room. And when you left…”

“What?”

“I don’t know what happened exactly. But the patient there was no longer dying from their disease. They made a full recovery, in fact,” Emma said. “Actually, all the patients in this ward are now cured of their alignments. Doctors, nurses—scientists. No one can explain it.”

“Why are you telling me this? And why do you have my picture on your phone?”

Emma ignored her and went through her phone again. She brought the phone back to Molly and swiped through several images for Molly to see. In it, Molly saw screenshots of herself giving a red stack of envelopes to a school’s administration staff.

Molly shook her head. “What am I looking at now?” she asked.

“Those envelopes that you delivered contained scholarships. Complete tuition money to a four-year university. But they were only given to select students. I did some research, and the people who received this really generous gift were poor or struggling financially.”

Molly crossed her arms and looked at Emma with a tired expression. “And? I feel like I’m being accused of a crime here, when nothing criminal has happened.”

“I’m not making any accusations. But you seem to be involved in a lot of good deeds. I want to recognize you! Can I have your permission to do a story on you?”

“It’s not me, okay?” Molly asked, pointing at herself. Her mood turned sour as her voice was elevated. “It’s my boss, who I’ve never seen, that made all this happen. He told me to go here, do that, take this, deliver that. Okay? And he wants to remain anonymous. Not everyone needs a fucking pat on their back or their cock stroked for doing something humanly decent. He’s not Mr. Beast. Everyone has a responsibility to make the world better, without thinking they fucking deserve something in return.” Molly slammed shut the back of the boxcar with her last word.

“Oh.” Emma said, stepping back as Molly went off on her diatribe. “I’m sorry to have bothered you.”

“Promise me you’ll delete those pictures. That’s a huge invasion of privacy.”

“I will. And you’re right.” Emma said, dejected. She scrolled through her phone and deleted the images. “It’s his right to stay anonymous. But if you see him, can you tell him ‘thank you’? He may want to remain anonymous and his acts unseen. But I’ve seen them, and I think they’re wonderful. He’s making the world a brighter place, despite all the darkness in it.” Emma gave Molly an embarrassed smile, took a step back, and then turned to leave.

“Christ,” Molly said under her breath. She looked away, thought for a moment, and then looked back at Emma. “Wait, do you have a card?”

“Yes.” Emma nervously handed her personal business card to Molly. There was a slither of hope she may learn more about this mysterious benefactor.

“I’ll tell my boss about you. And what you’re doing. He may call you, but no promises, okay?”

-

A few days passed and Emma was still on the Malibu story, covering the aftermath of Goddess Alexandra’s rampage. City construction crews worked around the clock to repair the infrastructure damage around the community. Alexandra left craterous holes in the city streets with her footsteps, which forced the crews to fill them with dirt and rock and whatever available material to get the roads reopened.

Alexandra had also walked through the beach, leaving her massive footprints in the sand. Her footprints were as long as a semi-truck and trailer and had to be tilled and bulldozed to even out. There were enormous crowds of people on the beach watching the cleanup effort. Alexandra’s perfectly imprinted footprints became something of a fun sandbox for some people to play on.

Crews demolished the still-standing, but damaged homes and hauled away the debris. There were many victims recovered. The city morgue had the gruesome task of scraping off crushed bodies, pancaked within their homes, when Alexandra stepped on them.

Emma was in the middle of it all, recording what she saw on the news station’s camera. She felt nauseated throughout the ordeal, having to excuse herself to vomit several times. It was hard to comprehend the actions of the gods—but especially Alexandra. She was by far the most sadistic and sociopathic of the gods. That’s why Emma worshiped Goddess Hailee and devoted herself to the young and fun goddess. No way did she want to experience what the hell of an afterlife Alexandra created.

Her phone rang. Emma paused the recording on the camera, and said, “hi, this is Emma.”

“Still want to see my boss?” Molly asked on the other end of the line.

“Molly?”

“Well?”

“Yes, I would like to meet him,” Emma said.

“Downtown. I’ll text you the address. Get here as fast as you can, and he’ll tell you everything. But the offer won’t last.”

“Wait, downtown? Right now?”

“Yeah. Is that a problem?”

“I’m in Malibu, working on a story.”

“You have one hour.”

“But Molly, with traffic, I’ll barely have enough time to—”

“So, you better start driving now. Trust me, Em, you won’t want to pass this opportunity up. This will be the biggest story in your life. Call me when you get there.”

The phone call ended right after that.

-

Emma hit the road without regarding the consequences of abandoning her assignment. She encountered the typical LA traffic, but made decent time, and parked at the iconic Wealth Solutions Inc. (WSI) Tower that defined the city’s skyline.

Emma didn’t pay the meter or bother checking the parking regulations. She pulled out her phone with only a minute to spare and called Molly back.

“I’m here,” Emma said, almost shouting into the receiver.

“Good. Don’t hang up. Listen and do exactly as I say.” Molly said.

“Okay, umm, do I have time to pay for my parking?”

“No, I’ll take care of it later. Enter the lobby and tell me when you’re there.”

Emma locked her car, which was illegally parked, and jogged past the busy LA sidewalk to enter the towering skyscraper. “I’m inside,” she said. The lobby contained security similar to that of an airport.

“Walk through any of the turnstiles. They’ll open automatically for you.”

Emma did as she was told, and when she approached the waist-high gate, the little doors opened for her. One of the security guards looked at her suspiciously, causing Emma to look away with a snap.

“I’m not trespassing, am I?” Emma asked. “Like, I’m allowed in here.”

“Take the elevator to the 70th floor.”

Emma kept her phone glued to her ears as she rode the elevator. “Your boss must have a high status to work the top floor in a building like this.”

“My boss isn’t here.”

“What?” Emma asked. “Then what am I doing here?”

“He requires a favor from you. Obey his instructions, and you’ll be able to meet him face-to-face.”

“Is this a test?” Emma asked, passing the 50th floor.

“You can say that. A test to see if you’re worthy or not.”

“Hang on, he won’t make me do anything illegal, will he?”

“You’ll be setting things right.”

Emma stepped out onto the 70th floor. The ritzy floor was decorated with impeccably polished marble floors and rich oak panels against the walls. Expensive lamp fixtures cast a warm, luxurious glow, illuminating the lavish surroundings. A reception desk was in front of the elevators, but seemed unoccupied at the moment. Emma saw employees walking around in suits and business outfits. She felt incredibly underdressed with her jeans and shirt.

“The receptionist will be back in forty seconds,” Molly said over the phone, “so move fast. Go down the hallway on the left and keep walking.”

Emma felt anxiety as she walked the expensive hallway she had no business being in. Her heart was distressed and her blood pressure elevated.

“Stop. Enter the door on the left. I’ll open it.”

The security lock buzzed, and Emma entered the room. It was an empty office with the light shut off.

Molly said, “some workers just entered the hallway. You’ll have to wait for them to pass.”

“How do you know all this?” Emma asked.

“They’re gone. Get back in the hallway and keep going to the end. Enter the door on the right.”

Emma sighed, noticing the first time her irregular breaths. She found the door at the end and entered, shutting the door behind. When she turned, an old white man with glasses stood up from behind his desk and asked, “what is this? Who are you?”

“Listen to me,” Molly said through the phone. “Tell him exactly this—”

Emma repeated what Molly said. “It’s your wife, Mr. Roper. There’s been an accident, and she’s in the hospital. We’ve been trying to call you, but you weren’t answering.”

“What in the hell?” Mr. Roper asked as he checked his desk phone. It was offline. “Who are you? Which hospital?”

“She’s at St. Bartholomew. You have to hurry.”

The businessman grabbed his car key, told Emma to lock up his office, and scrambled out. It startled Emma how easy it was to trick him. She told Molly the man vacated the office.

“Good,” Molly said. “Open the top left drawer and you’ll find a stack of papers. Read them and tell me what they are.”

Emma grabbed the stack of papers and set them on the executive desk. “What is this?” Emma asked as her eyes scanned each piece of paper. “This looks like an agreement between the mayor and WSI. Is this some kind of conspiracy? I see environmental reports about polluted lands around Southern California. But wait, there’s this list of people killed by Goddess Alexandra. But these toxicology reports have the same names, but they died from illegally disposed chemicals. I don’t understand any of this.”

“Ah, the classic ‘let’s dump our chemicals here and if anyone dies from it, blame the god’ ploy. I don’t think Alexandra cares if she’s being blamed for all these people’s deaths… but this corp killing thousands from their illegal dumping and wiping their hands clean of any involvement. Then they give all these politicians kickbacks to look the other way. WSI and the government are in cahoots at the expense of innocent lives—that will not stand. Why don’t you take some pictures of these documents and email them to your work?”

“That’s a good idea.” Emma snapped a few dozen pictures on her phone and sent them to her journalist co-workers back at the station. “Done.”

“Good. Now, follow my directions to get out of here.”

Emma walked into the labyrinth halls and asked why Molly was taking her on a different route. Molly assured it was to stay out of sight of other employees and security, so she complied. Molly guided her down an extra ornate hall that led to two heavy oak doors.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Quick, get in before you get caught.”

Emma twisted the doorknob and leapt in as she heard someone walking behind. She shut the doors, then turned and felt her heart sink. She just walked into a board meeting of some sort. The room was expansive, with a windowed wall that stretched out like a panoramic screen. The view of Los Angeles from the 70th floor was breathtaking, and Emma could see out for miles.

In the center of the room was a round mahogany table where twenty executives sat. They all wore costly suits and stopped their meeting to look up at Emma. On the polished surface of the table were documents and clean glasses of water in front of each executive.

“Can we help you?”

“Tell them you caught them red-handed.” Molly said on the phone.

“I…” Emma said, but was at a loss for words. She hung up her phone and lifted her hands in front of her. “I got turned around. My mistake.”

She turned to open the door, but the doorknobs refused to rotate. There was a tremor that Emma thought she felt, but dismissed it as she heard an executive rise to his feet. He was calling security on a desk phone.

“You can’t have phones here. This is a secured room. Hand it over.”

There it was again. It was a distinct thud, like a motorcycle trying to turn over.

“I just got mixed up where I was,” Emma said, backing into the door.

The executive walked up to Emma with his hand reaching out towards her. “Phone. Now!”

The rhythmic thudding was more pronounced this time, each pulse sending a shiver down Emma’s spine. Her mind raced, at first thinking it was an earthquake, but something about its cadence felt deliberate. “Do you all feel that?” Emma asked, her voice quivering as she spoke, her senses attuned to the deep, resonating booms that made the entire room sway.

A sudden hush fell over the boardroom as the executives turned their faces with a mixture of confusion and panic. But Emma’s attention was fixed beyond them, drawn to the expansive window that lined the room. Her heart hammered in her chest as her gaze locked onto the scene outside.

The sight that greeted her eyes was one of sheer, overwhelming magnitude. There, amidst the skyscrapers of the city, stood Goddess Alexandra, her colossal form casting a shadow over the streets below. Emma’s breath wheezed, her eyes widening, first in awe and later in terror. The goddess’s immense figure was a display of divine power, each thunderous step she took resonating through the very foundations of the building they were in.

“It’s Goddess Alexandra,” Emma whispered, her voice barely audible over the pounding of her heart. The words felt surreal on her tongue, a reminder that not only were deities real, but the cruelest god now dominated the LA skyline. In that moment, Emma felt an acute sense of her own mortality, dwarfed by the goddess’s presence, her mind wondering the fate of her soul.

-

The Goddess of Fear stood at a staggering height of a thousand feet and was walking amid downtown Los Angeles, her presence radiating outwards with each booming step. She wore a toga like what the ancient Greek Gods wore, but her version was black and tailored to end at her upper-thigh and hug her body in a slutty style. She wore strappy sandals like the ancient gods, with one little modification—hers had heels and the straps and heels were embellished with fine gold. Her black hair flowed behind her while a slender, golden tiara crowned her head. There was a mischievous glint in her eyes as she headed towards the WSI tower where Emma stood.

A wave of pandemonium swept through the streets. Her colossal footsteps sent quakes rippling across the city, each one echoing like thunder. Cars screeched to a halt, their drivers abandoning them as they desperately fled from the advancing goddess’s feet. Alexandra walked the streets like a runway model, placing one step in front of the other, as if walking a tightrope, because of how comparatively narrow the boulevards were.

The city’s typical vibrant background noise transformed into a cacophony of chaos: alarms blared, glass windows in shops rattled, and the relentless outcry of panicked voices filled the air. People poured out of office buildings and stores, streaming out like ants from a disturbed nest, and scattered every which way. Some stood frozen, mesmerized by the sight of a real-life, thousand-foot-tall goddess, while others retreated, seeking refuge wherever they could find it.

The once orderly cityscape, with organized traffic, was now in disarray. Street vendors abandoned their carts, spilling their wares onto the sidewalks. Cafe patrons left their meals untouched, chairs toppled in their haste. Tourists and locals alike pulled out their phones and recorded the spectacle, uploading shocking videos to TikTok and Instagram. Distracted people, too busy fiddling with their phones, never saw Alexandra’s soles coming down upon them, reducing them into mere atoms under her tremendous weight. 

Under the soles of the goddess’s sandals, abandoned vehicles compressed like cheap tin. Glass and tiny bits of metal shout out under her feet and pelted those nearby. The roads caved to her immense weight, as if she were walking on wet cement. Parts of the road around her feet jutted outwards as displaced mass came out of the earth like an emergent volcano. Traffic lights continued signaling, unaware their commands were being ignored, before Alexandra’s violent step knocked them over. Those whom Alexandra unknowingly spared crushing under her feet, but stood nearby, saw the details of her colossal toes and how her foot made subtle muscular corrections as she stepped and walked.

Goddess Alexandra fixed her eyes on the skyscraper ahead. Her approach was steady and deliberate, each step a measured assertion of her power. And those steps weren’t without consequence. Hapless citizens who couldn’t escape her Olympic swimming pool-sized feet found their demise under the weight of a god. Their souls instantly claimed by Alexandra as she crushed dozens with every footfall.

But it wasn’t all tragedy. A bus full of tourists came upon an intersection just as the goddess walked there. The driver knew Alexandra was in the city, but it was impossible to guess her trajectory and speed, and ended up coinciding with her feet while attempting to flee the city. The bus drove under her heel, narrowly missing the ball of her feet and the spikey heel. Passengers glued their faces to the window and looked out and saw the bottom of her heels, with the sides of her feet spilling out on either side of the sandal. Those were the moments that drove home that they were mere insects and Alexandra was god.

-

The executives in the boardroom stood at the window and looked out in silent horror. They couldn’t hear the cacophony of cries and screams happening on ground level, but they could hear her steps. Like witnessing lightning in a storm and then hearing the thunder seconds later; they would see her take a step and then, moments later, they would feel the shockwave rattle in the building. Her gigantic form was unrelatable to any human experience. She was taller than the WSI skyscraper, and she absolutely dwarfed every other building surrounding her legs.

“Is she looking right at us?” an executive asked, his voice dripping with unease.

Emma’s fingers feverishly dialed Molly back. Something in her guts told her she wouldn’t answer. The phone dialed out, but there was an instant operator message stating the number had been disconnected. Emma cried as she tried calling her sister on her phone, thinking it was going to be her last chance to speak to her. When Alexandra got that big–chances of survival was low.

“She’s looking at us, and walking right towards us!”

Emma was backed up to the door and fiddling with the knobs again. It was as if they were soldered shut. Some of the executive men retreated from the windows and attempted to exit past Emma, but they didn’t have luck either with the door. Now there were four men shoving into each other, trying to open the door, while they shoved Emma further away.

Emma looked out, and Alexandra was no longer walking towards them. She just stood there with her hands on her hips, giving them a devilish look, like she knew some juicy gossip she was dying to share. It was Emma’s first time seeing a celestial in the flesh. She never thought her first encounter would be with Alexandra! Give her that hot MILF, Melissa. That fun-loving, romantic that is Hailee. She’d even take that hedonistic God, Brad, for crying out loud. But not Alexandra—anyone but her. 

“Why won’t the door open?” a frustrated executive asked. Panic overcame them as they felt Alexandra’s piercing stare upon them.

Alexandra cleared her throat, emitting a powerful, thunderous roar that rattled everyone in the boardroom, causing them to turn and face her. This time, there was no doubt she was staring right back at them. The goddess then flexed her back in a quick gesture like she had an itch, but as she did so, two black wings like that of a raven and as regal as a bald eagle, flared out from behind her. Everyone in LA and those watching the live coverage fell back in shock. Alexandra’s wings spanned her body length and a half. An even grander shadow fell on the city of angels as Alexandra, with her shimmering black wings and feathers as long as buildings, blocked out the sun and shaded dozens of city blocks like a sudden solar eclipse.

Emma fell to her knees as she felt her heart play a frantic melody in her chest. She needed to pray, pray to either Melissa or Hailee to save her and stop Alexandra before she leveled LA. The building shook with greater force again, enough to threaten the structural integrity of the skyscraper, as the goddess took another step towards the WSI tower. Emma saw the details in Alexandra’s wings in greater detail; each intricate feather, how they flowed individually and how the wings were alive and moving and not some static feature on the goddess. The aliveness in the wings convinced Emma that Alexandra could fly and take off with her great wings if she wanted to.

-

Down at the streets, people made progress evacuating the roads, by running either opposite the direction of the goddess or jumping inside buildings. The evacuees gazed from storefronts as the Alexandra’s long foot stomped in front of them. Every one of her steps accompanied by dust and debris being blown out and bombarding the surrounding area.

It was one thing gazing at a goddess with mortal eyes, but to gaze at a thousand foot tall deity with wings crushing a city underfoot made the citizens believe they were witnessing the apocalypse. Alexandra was the literal angel of death. Her stroll through the city with grandiose wings impacted the immediate weather–shifting the Pacific winds and altering the temperatures throughout the downtown area. She fluttered her wings, causing new air currents to form. These currents would trigger the butterfly effect, leading to unforeseen weather changes in Nevada and Arizona days later.

Five vehicles, partially abandoned, vanished under her sandaled feet, their metal and structure not even attempting to resist the goddess’s pressure. The booms and shockwaves of her steps caused everyone in the city to bounce upwards and lose their footing. It was during those moments, some found it appropriate to worship Goddess Alexandra. Most would agree the worship was out of fear and awe of Alexandra’s presence and nothing more. It wasn’t out of respect and love—and Alexandra knew this.

Alexandra paused and took a breath, absorbing their fears. The worship of the people at her toes got her high, as with the other gods, elevating her mind and consciousness into an intangible plane that was beyond her godhood. 

“More,she said in a hoarse, lust-filled voice. 

She took another step towards the tower, but this time stomped forcefully and with a deafening boom. It made every structure within miles sway and tremble, and caused weaker buildings to collapse under her show of force. People cried out in fear, thinking the goddess was ending the world, starting with LA. The fresh bout of fear rising from everyone was like a sweet drug to Alexandra. She inhaled once again and felt the euphoria hit the center of her mind; it was unlike any experience to date, eliciting a pleasurable moan that escaped her lips, threatening to crumble her regal appearance. She exhaled, her eyelids heavy, as if she was coming down from a climax. Her feathers ruffled as she relaxed.

-

The goddess was finally upon the WSI tower. As Emma looked up from the floor, having prayed to Hailee a dozen times, she saw Alexandra’s stark blue eyes and the bridge of her nose spanning the entire length of the panoramic window. Her irises alone were as large as a human. Her pupils narrowed as she focussed on the cowering executives and Emma, who were off to the side of the door. As Alexandra breathed out, her moist breath fogged the panoramic windows of the boardroom, partially obscuring her view of the terrified executives.

Alexandra pulled her face back from the windows, allowing her index finger to come into view. In one sweep, as if she were swiping on a tablet, her index finger dug a scar into three stories of the WSI tower, leaving a rectangular hole with the executive boardroom in the center of it all. She let out a puff of air, as the frailty of the building against the digit of her finger made her think of how mortals constructed the weakest structures that couldn’t even withstand her innocent swipe.

Emma felt the air pressure in the room change instantly, as the wind howled inside and blew papers and documents everywhere. The executives and Emma backed away from the destroyed wall as they felt hurricane-force winds zip around them. Emma positioned herself in the corner of the large boardroom near the executive bar. Bolted to the floor, the cabinets filled with whiskey and vodka provided Emma with a secure sanctuary amidst the chaos Alexandra created. Emma tucked herself so she was between the wall and the cabinets, a small area about 3 feet across. 

“Why so scared?” Alexandra boomed. “Afraid if I destroy your building, the shareholders might lose money?” As she smiled, her enormous set of pearly white teeth came into view, each tooth longer than they were tall.

Alexandra leaned in, so that her plump red lips were in front of the gaping hole she created. Now all 30 execs crowded against the exit doors. They shouted and cursed at one another, the door knobs refusing to budge. Alexandra’s lips pursed against the opening of the hole so that her slimy red tongue and dark mouth now replaced the view of the LA skyline. A low-frequency moan vibrated the room as Alexandra’s tongue thrusted into the building, slamming against the floor and walls as if she were giving the boardroom cunnilingus. 

Emma and the executives recoiled in fear from the sight of the wet, pink monster as it probed the room. They backed into the walls, trying desperately to avoid the drooling appendage that was attempting to snatch them. The goddess eventually pulled out and her face was visible once again. 

“You guys are no fun; gotta do this the hard way, I guess,” she said with a pout, like a spoiled child denied ice cream for breakfast. 

Emma wondered what Alexandra meant by her statement right before the goddess opened her mouth and planted her lips around the gaping hole of the boardroom. Alexandra inhaled, creating a vacuuming effect in the boardroom, sucking everything into her waiting mouth; loose items like the documents, pens, and glasses on the table were the first to go.

Alexandra paused her inhale to form a tighter seal on the building with her lips. Her nose smashed into the upper levels of the skyscraper as if she were making out with the building. She blew the air out of her nose, emptying her lungs, and then inhaled again with greater force. The terror in the room shot up exponentially as Alexandra inhaled her first executive. His scream hardly overcame the violent, tornado-like sounds.

Emma thought back to disaster movies taking place in space, where a crew of astronauts aboard a spaceship would have a door burst open. The violent decompression that ensued would cause loose objects and people to be blown out into the void of space. The effect Alexandra had on the boardroom was exactly like those scenes. Except for a broken hatch on a spaceship, it was a gashing hole that Alexandra ripped open with a swipe of her finger. The void of space was instead Alexandra’s pitch-black, cavernous mouth.

As the goddess inhaled the contents of the room, Emma’s arms strained to hold on to the cabinet. The other execs also tried grasping the heavier furniture in the room; however, they were unprepared like Emma, and their grips were unready to hold themselves as Alexandra vacuumed them into her mouth. During a quick respite, Alexandra stopped her inhalation to taste the contents on her tongue.

The goddess moaned as the explosive flavors of frightened execs mixed in her mouth with miscellaneous office supplies. Her tongue sifted through people and objects, her palate discovering new flavors, as her molars came down and munched on larger pieces of furniture.

Emma rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, unsure if she was seeing things correctly. Alexandra just ate office supplies and wooden tables as if they were potato chips. Alexandra swallowed and reopened her mouth to inhale again. This time, the suction was exponentially violent as anything not bolted down flew into the goddess’s mouth.

“Help me!” several executives shouted.

Like weather reporters covering hurricanes, who hold on to a lamppost as winds threatened to propel their bodies into the sky, so were the executives struggling to hold on to anything for dear life. Their bodies flew across the room like football, eventually touching down onto the Alexandra’s slimy tongue. One by one, executives in their fancy suits got sucked into her mouth, were swallowed, and immediately forgotten by Alexandra. She soon swallowed everyone in the room except for Emma. Alexandra moaned and playfully licked her lips after every swallow. When Alexandra pulled back for the last time, her blue eyes laser focused on Emma, with a lively expression. Emma scanned the room and noticed she was now alone, the only survivor.

Emma crawled on her knees out from under the bar, the counter half-torn and almost uprooted from the ground, but it held on long enough to save her life. The goddess was staring right at her with an impish smirk. Nothing in life prepared Emma for that situation, and the only action she could think of, that was appropriate, was to fall on her knees and worship Alexandra, giving her thanks for not eating her. 

“Goddess–” Emma said before a gust of hot, putrid air knocked her back. It caused her to roll backwards three times before she landed on her back.

Goddess Alexandra had belched a long, wet burp that shook the boardroom and nearly popped Emma’s ears.

“Oopsie.” Alexandra said like a shy girl. “Excuse me! Must’ve been something I ate.” She giggled.

Emma groaned and rolled herself back on her hands and knees. She resumed Alexandra’s prayer:

“In shadows deep, Alexandra reigns,

Her fearsome might, our terror sustains.

Souls she devours, in darkness she roams,

Tremble we must, in our hearts and our homes.”

“Good job, Emma,” the goddess said. “You know my prayer by heart and didn’t get the words mixed up. You wouldn’t believe how many people have been fucking it up here.”

Emma looked up, caught off-guard. She knows my name? She thought in her head. Well, of course she does. She’s a goddess. Unless…

“Thank you for your help in exposing this naughty little corporation.” Alexandra spoke. “I could’ve easily done it myself, but playing with a mortal proved too much fun.” 

Emma looked up from the partially torn carpeted floor and up at Goddess Alexandra. Her mouth opened slightly in hesitation. “Molly?”

Alexandra smirked and her visage swapped to a blonde Molly for a couple of seconds before returning to her normal self. “Ta-da! Don’t tell me you’re surprised.”

Emma tried to speak, but nothing came out. 

“Oh, you look surprised. Well, don’t be. I’ll explain it to you one day. Or not. Probably not. But I will. You can count on that. For now, it’s time for you to go, unless you want me to squash you in this building.”

Alexandra reached into the skyscraper with her index finger and thumb pinched, her large hands destroying multiple levels as she reached in for Emma. With deft skills that only a god could possess, she pinched Emma with a gentle squeeze. Emma yelped as she felt the massive digits pluck her from her kneeling position.

After being pulled out of the boardroom, Emma felt the California sun caress her cheeks and the winds from one thousand feet in elevation blow through her hair. Her heart palpitated as Alexandra held her high above the city in front of her face.

Alexandra, with her massive eyes larger than a hot tub, fixated on Emma. “We’ll keep in touch, okay? Now, get out of here.”

The goddess squatted and lowered Emma to the ground, her massive wings brushing up against nearby towers and her black feathers shattering windows. For Emma, it was like riding a roller coaster, dropping a thousand feet in a matter of seconds, causing her to scream the entire way down. The goddess dropped Emma in front of her toes and released her.

“Scamper,” Alexandra ordered. “It’s going to get a little dangerous around here.”

As Alexandra stood back up, Emma could only gaze in frozen awe with a tinge of vertigo. Alexandra was devastatingly beautiful, wings and all. She looked down at the goddess’s feet and felt compelled to drop her onto her knees and worship her all over again–recanting her devotion to Goddess Hailee. But her senses won through and she bolted into a sprint, running the length of her heeled feet, amazed at how many steps it took to travel the length of the goddess’s feet. She looked for her car, only to hear a weak beep under Alexandra’s toes. Her car was gone, currently the thickness of a pancake under Alexandra’s sandaled feet.

-

Emma raced from abandoned car to abandoned car. She desperately searched for one that still had the keys in it. She found a beat up sedan that was still running and slipped into the driver’s seat. Emma drove up on the sidewalk and stepped on the gas to leave the downtown area as quickly as possible. There were many abandoned cars and a few stragglers still running on foot, trying to evacuate. Emma had a few close-calls with striking people, but she raced out of LA without major incident; she looked in the rearview mirror and saw Alexandra stepping close to the WSI tower. 

-

Alexandra’s feet crushed an adjacent building to the WSI tower as she pressed her body to the equally tall structure. Her shapely legs straddled around the skyscraper as she wrapped her hands around it. At about hip-level, the goddess impaled the building with her slender fingers. She then thrust her hips forward, her crotch colliding with the building. Her laugh was a mixture of pleasure and joyfulness. Her black, vibrant wings tensed and fluttered upwards as she embraced the WSI tower.

Thousands of people still inside the building, thinking sheltering in place was a safer bet than evacuating into the city, were now racing down stairwells to make it out of the building. The violent shakes and the terrible sounds of bending steel and crackling concrete only added to the pandemonium. People shoved and knocked into each other as they fearfully tried escaping.

Those lucky enough to leave out the front doors and spill out to the streets had their victory cut short as Alexandra repeatedly adjusted her stance, crushing them under her feet without noticing them.

Goddess Alexandra hugged the building as if it was her lover. She was relentless with her embrace, squeezing the skyscraper between her arms and thighs. Her womanhood became excited and wet as she continued thrusting herself into the tower. She snapped the building in half between her arms and expertly enveloped the upper half of the tower against her chest and arms. She squeezed the decapitated portion tightly, her breasts demolishing the building under her strength, turning it into powder. Floor by floor collapsed against her body. A fine sheen of dust, debris, office furniture, and bits of people were all that remained against her black toga. She could feel herself absorbing souls by the hundreds every second as she razed the building. Her wings gently flapped in the wind during her play.

Her lust went up several notches. She lifted her toga, revealing her swollen womanhood to the world. She squatted until her pussy impacted the top remaining floor of the half still-standing WSI tower. Alexandra continued lowering herself, her pussy smashing through dozens of floors with no resistance.

The goddess moaned as her body leveled the building from the top down. Each floor collapsing on one another like a house of cards. This continued until Alexandra’s knees impacted with the ground. She then violently thrusted her hips further down, her body toppling over so now that she was on her hands and knees.

She crushed many city blocks under her hands and body, with the remains of the WSI tower under her crotch. Her pussy greedily destroyed all that remained of the once prominent building until it was a heap of powdered concrete and mangled steel.

Alexandra collapsed to the ground and felt another thousand souls get absorbed. She edged close to a climax, but it never came. She pounded her fist on the ground in frustration, popping the ear drums of survivors that were trapped in the nearby rubble. Alexandra squeezed her glutes and pressed her crotch into the basement levels of where the WSI once stood. She absorbed more souls as she crushed whatever scant survivors remained.

But their souls and the destruction of the capitalistic tower weren’t enough to make her orgasm. “Fuck!” She was going to need him if she were to orgasm. And she would need him now. There was no sense in shrinking back to size. He would have to come prepared and to hell with the rules. Melissa was already going to lecture her for destroying the tower. Why not add giant sex to the list of admonishments?