- Text Size +

            “Yo, Jackie, have you ever been to J. Ringo’s?” Javi asked, scrolling aimlessly on his phone. “They’ve got the best burgers around here.”

            “Can’t say I have. I’ve never been to this tiny district before.” She and Javi were chilling outside Pierce’s house while the latter worked on his granddad’s old muscle car. Jackie couldn’t fit in Pierce’s front yard, but to her fortune, the old lady living next door gracefully permitted the half-big to sit on her lawn. The suburb sprawled out like a playset to the college student, her crossed legs covering all of Pierce’s yard and stretching out partially into the street. Under the late summer heat, Jackie forgoed her beanie and wore a simple tank top and capris, sweat forming across her exposed skin. Javi had long since removed his shirt, baking in a fold out chair while Pierce did all the actual work. Still, as sweaty as he was, Pierce enjoyed the company, even if the sight of Jackie’s sandal-clad feet peeking out from under her thighs kept him from getting much done. He had never been so grateful to be under the hood; the shade made for pleasant relief from the scorching weather, but more importantly, it kept everyone else from noticing where his focus truly lied.

            “We should go when Pierce finishes up. They have an outdoor grill where they cook these gigantic burgers.” Javi stretched his arms out as far as he could to emphasize the size of the patties. “They’d be like sliders to you.”

            “I wonder what their drink supply is like,” Jackie pondered. “I’d kill for a lemonade.”

            “A lot of places have underground vats nowadays,” Pierce added, “to meet the demand from big tourists.”

            “Or you could have something delivered,” Javi said, pointing at his phone.

            “Yeah, but then I have to talk to another big. I don’t mind eating tiny food.” Jackie fanned herself off with her hand, her dripping sweat watering the parched grass.

            “That’s good to hear.” An old woman walked onto her front porch with a tray in her hands. “Because I made lemon squares and fruit punch for the three of you.” With eyes lit up, Jackie pinched the microscopic tray between her thumb and forefinger, careful not to spill the red pitcher positioned on it. She brought it over to her friends so they could each grab a couple squares and pour themselves some punch. Jackie took the rest, pouring what was left in the pitcher and dumping the remaining desserts into her cavernous maw; no more than a drop and some crumbs, but tasty nonetheless.

            “Thank you, Mrs. McGunagle,” the trio said in unison, Jackie handing the platter and pitcher back.

            “And thanks again for letting me sit on your lawn.”

            “Don’t mention it, dearie. I’m just grateful to see young Pierce finally bring a girl home.” Their faces were already flush thanks to the heat, but Javi couldn’t help laughing at his blushing friends anyway.

            “We’re just friends!” Pierce corrected, retreating under the hood of the car. He didn’t notice Jackie stare his way as she nodded in affirmation.

            “It’s a good thing your parents aren’t home to hear that. I have to imagine they’re getting anxious about the likelihood of ever having grandchildren.” Mrs. McGunagle returned inside with the empty platter, leaving Pierce to grumble under the hood while his friends smiled at his expense.

            “Can I do anything to help?” Jackie asked, looming over what to her was a toy car. “I admit I don’t know much about mechanical stuff, but if there’s anything I can do…”

            “Actually, could you hold the car up, so I can crawl underneath? I need to readjust the front axle.” Jackie happily complied, gently grabbing either side of the vehicle and lifting the front end up far enough for Pierce to reach under it. The muscle car, a ’72 Gran Torino, was special among tiny vehicles for being a perfect, scaled down replica of the Ford original. Tinies had pioneered electric vehicles back in the mid-twentieth century, long before bigs could ever replicate such innovations. Because of this, gas powered cars became a rarity for tinies, most of whom favored the convenience and affordability of a car that could hold a charge for far longer than what a miniature gas engine could provide. By the twenty-first century, cars with combustion engines became something of collectors’ items, a sign of status handed down to people like Pierce who could appreciate the inventions of a bygone era.

            Once he had finished, Pierce crawled back out, allowing Jackie to lower the car. The tiny's plain clothes were covered in sweat and oil stains, and his already shaggy hair was even more of a mess. “Alright, that's enough for today. Let's go get some food.” The other two cheered, and Jackie laid her hand out, so the tinies could hop aboard.

            Jackie carried them in her hand as she walked through the suburb streets, careful to keep out of the way of any cars passing through. Though this wasn't the first time they had seen the rooves of their houses, it was still surreal for Pierce and Javi to be lifted dozens of inches above their neighborhood, flying over it as if they were birds. 

            Below, tiny drivers and pedestrians behaved as normal, unphased by the giant woman strutting through. Most tiny district roads had been reinforced with shock absorbent materials to reduce sound and vibrations caused by giant footsteps. Telephone wire was all done underground to reduce tripping hazards.

            The further Jackie got, fenced in houses gave way to office buildings and parking garages as she entered downtown. The streets grew more cramped and traffic more clustered, but Jackie weaved through it all as well as a 5’4” college freshman could, reaching her destination without incident.

            J. Ringo’s was a small restaurant with a large parking lot with designated spots marked for larger customers to stand or sit in. Branching off the main building, which hosted dine-in seating for tiny customers, was a small outdoor stall for bigs or tinies on the go to order from. Located behind the building and by the stall was a pair of large, flat grill tops for cooking gigantic sliders (or several tiny sized burgers). A set of faucets ran out from the ground, connected to underground vats of cola, root beer, and to Jackie's delight, lemonade. Granted, despite the large quantities, the soda was actually of the tiny variety which contained a lot less sugar per ounce. Some bigs likened the beverages to diet pop or flavored water, but others enjoyed it as healthier alternative, both for its lesser sugar content and its smaller serving sizes. Slider buns were stacked beside the building, forming a sweet, doughy pyramid.

            Jackie sat down next to another big who, thankfully, was already engaged in another conversation and set Javi and Pierce on the ground, so they could order. She snuck a glance at the big and saw a tiny man reclining across his larger girlfriend's cleavage as they ate and conversed. The couple were too wrapped up in each other to notice Jackie grinning at their casual display of affection. 

            With their order placed, Pierce and Javi returned to Jackie, climbing into her palm.

            “When do you think you'll have the car done?” Jackie asked.

            “My goal is to have it road ready by spring.” Pierce wiped the sweat and oil off his face with his shirt. “I've got some custom parts on backorder. They're available elsewhere, but my budget's tight, so I have to get ‘em where they're cheapest.”

            “You should have seen it when he got it,” Javi mused. “As kids, we learned every swear there is from his gramps when he'd bring us over to work on it.”

            “Did you actually help back then?” Jackie teased.

            “He held the flashlight. He'd break anything else we'd give him.” Javi raised a finger to protest, but withdrew upon realizing he couldn’t argue against that. “It's a shame you won't be able to ride in it.”

            “It's fine. I can just follow you guys on foot.” Her heart fluttered at his consideration, and she hoped to be there when the muscle car was finally ready to drive.

            “Order #34!” Jackie set her friends down on the asphalt and walked over to the stall, crouching to pick up the brown paper bag and paper drink holder with her fingers. From the outdoor grill, a group of tiny employees hefted the massive, to them, burger towards the stall. Jackie wrapped her fingers around the sandwich, fitting comfortably in her grip, and eased the workers burden. One of the employees pointed to her drink, a pool of lemonade in a paper cup not much larger than the slider.  

            “Thank you,” she said before returning to her friends to eat and enjoy the rest of the sweltering afternoon.

            The following Monday, Michelle carried Javi into Women’s Studies ten minutes before the start of class. Heather was already seated and greeted her tiny friend as he arrived. Javi, seated on a desk atop Michelle’s desk, got into a passionate discussion with Heather about baseball playoffs. Despite having attended every one of Javi’s basketball games in high school, Michelle didn’t know a lick about sports, her mind always focused on other things during said games. As such, she needed a way to intrude on the conversation and spotted the perfect opportunity in the pen lying along the edge of her desktop.

            “Whoops.” Michelle flicked her pen onto the floor casually enough that at least Javi didn’t question it. The obese woman got out of her seat and bent over to pick up the pen, leaning her leggings-clad, blubber butt against her desk. Her ample rear loomed over Javi like a thick mountain range, the yoga pants leaving next to nothing to the imagination as they veiled her cheeks. The desk shook as Michelle rubbed against it “searching” for her lost pen, tilting Javi every which way as he failed to focus his attention anywhere else. The irony of objectifying his female friend in Women’s Studies weighed heavy on his heart, but that couldn’t stop his male gaze from wandering every acre of Michelle’s ass. In his defense, Michelle was taking her sweet time picking up her pen, even with Heather’s glare trained on the bent over woman.

            “What are you gawking at?” Michelle whispered.

            “Just the oldest trick in the book.” Finally, Michelle returned to her seat, enjoying the sight of Javi’s tomato red face as he pretended to look at something in another direction. Heather rolled her eyes and grabbed a banana from her bag. She was saving it to snack on later, but desperate times called for drastic action. “Hey, Javi. You hungry?”

            After slowly peeling the banana, Heather pressed the tip against her lips, gently pushing it between them into her mouth. Javi practically drooled as he watched the giant woman stroke the phallic fruit with her lips, getting it nice and wet as her tongue lathered it in spit. Heather sucked on the banana with deft expertise, making Javi’s already blaring face burn brighter. “I was thinking of having hot dogs for lunch today,” Heather teased between strokes. “And for dinner… eggplant parmesan with a cucumber salad.” With a deliberate chomp, Heather bit off the banana’s tip, chewing it nice and slow before taking an exaggerated gulp.

            Javi solved math problems in his head in a fruitless attempt to defeat the semi forming in his shorts. But to make matters worse, Shawna sat down facing backwards in the seat in front of him. Her breasts, barreling out from her partially unbuttoned blouse, threatened to swallow the tiny as she rested her puppies on the desk before him. “Hiya, Javi. Just checking to see how you’re holding up in the second week of class.”

            Danger! That was the one word floating through Javi’s occupied mind. He felt like a rabbit that had stumbled into the lioness’ den. This semester would either be the best few months of his life, or he wasn’t going to live to see the new year.

            Last week, Lynn netted a part-time job working the reception desk at the campus library. The library hosted materials for both sized students, the big collections spanning multiple floors while the tiny shelves were all neatly organized throughout the first floor in spots that kept them out of the larger students’ way, mostly along the walls and corners and under the overhanging lips of grander bookshelves.

            The reception desk had two tiers: a standard size for bigs and a smaller off-shoot for tinies. Lynn and her colleague’s job was primarily to accept returns and direct students to the section they sought. Lynn’s mentor, Justine, stood beside her each shift while operating the larger desk. Her long black hair was tied into a tight ponytail, her typical wardrobe consisted of a white button-up and black pencil skirt with a blue sweater on colder days, and she always wore a scarlet pair of cat’s eye glasses; in other words, she was Lynn’s ideal image of a sexy librarian even though she was only a couple years older than the tiny.

            “I gotta say, Lynn, you’re a real natural at this.” Justine crouched behind her desk, still towering above her two-inch coworker. “I’ve never met a tiny so personable before. You could probably run both desks if you could reach up here.”

            “Thank you!” Lynn never turned down a stroke to her ego. “It’s such a pleasure working with you.” Justine blushed slightly at the compliment, a detail that did not escape Lynn’s eyes.

            “The feeling’s mutual. I was kind of nervous about training a newbie, but you’re such a delight to be around.” Lynn’s heart sped up and her eyes dilated. Was this it? Was this her chance? The tiny was eager to get into a giant woman’s pants, but even knowing herself to be a ten, Lynn didn’t expect to find a potential match on week two. She took a deep breath and quickly considered her next words. She crossed her arms behind her back and kicked aimlessly at the air, looking around as if searching for the words around the room.

            “Hey. After our shift, would you like to grab a coffee with me? As a date?” Lynn immediately regretted asking the question, noting the dour expression forming on Justine’s face.

            “I’m sorry. I’d normally love to, but you see, I’m not into, uh… How do I put this?”

            “Is it because I’m a woman or because I’m a tiny?” Lynn slumped, struck out on her first chance at bat.

            “The latter.” Justine scratched at her cheek. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to offend you. It’s just, I want to be with someone who I can hold in my arms, not in my hands.”

            “Nah, I get it. I’m not into tinies either.” The librarian cocked an eyebrow at Lynn’s response. “They aren’t big enough to satisfy me, y’know?”

            “Huh, I guess we do have a lot in common. I’d still love to get coffee with you, as friends, if that’s okay with you.”

            “Sure thing!” Lynn immediately returned to her chipper self, that being the easiest case of rejection she had ever bore the brunt of. “I’d love to be your friend.”

            “Great! But here, I do know a place that might interest you.” Justine pulled out her phone to search for an address. “If you ask me, this is the best hookup spot on campus.” The librarian shared her screen with the tiny’s. Angie and Eva’s Paradiso, a jazz club and bar a few blocks away. “They let eighteen-year-olds in, just don’t try to buy alcohol, obviously.”

            “Awesome. I’ll have to check it out.” Lynn didn’t have plans for tonight, anyway. She saved the address to her phone and got back to work, a tiny student stepping up to return a book.