- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter two is here, hope you enjoy!

Cortesia brought him to the dining hall, and the pair sat down for lunch. She slurped down her soup, beseeching the most basic of table manners, all the while having Petit continue with his menial tasks, bringing her various items on the table.

After lunch, Petit continued playing victim to the princess’ antics. She had him carefully file her toenails while her foot’s awful smell invaded his senses. The princess seemed to particularly like him tending to her feet, especially the disgusted look he had as he kissed each toe upon its completion, as per her instructions.

Later, upon seeing one of the maids handling her laundry, she picked out a pair of her worn panties for Petit to wash by hand while she watched. During which, Petit had been repulsed by the smelly and sweaty fabric, but cleaned it nonetheless, a task that left him so exhausted he had begun to have legitimate concerns his arms would fall off.

         Then came the princess’ afternoon tea and snack time in the garden. She sat in her chair, sipping tea out of an overly adorned cup while petting Petit in her lap. He took his mind off the endless tousling of his hair by watching Enrika work out in the garden. She would consistently pause at every single flower on all the plants she passed and smell it, clearly appreciating each one’s fragrance as she watered them.

         Petit continued to watch Enrika work, until he saw a bright flash of searing light off in the distance. Cortesia jumped in her seat, and Enrika stopped watering, both shocked by the spontaneous balls of pure white, so bright that they lit up the clouds above. Cortesia anxiously stood up, gripping her servant in her fist, and looking in the direction of the light. Petit looked off in the distance, where he saw a group of 4 people running around what looked to be a hulking orc, indiscriminately swinging a massive club around, in an attempt to strike at them.

         Another flash of light, and the orc was set ablaze. It stumbled backwards, swatting at its flaming hide. It collapsed to the ground with a loud thud, attempting to roll the fire off its body. A man wielding a sword quickly ran towards the fallen beast, taking the opportunity to deliver a powerful killing blow, cleanly driving his blade into the heart of the toppled monolith. Cortesia apprehensively approached the edge of the estate property, looking at the battle, Enrika not far behind.

The man who had stabbed the beast wiped its viscera off, and cleanly slid the blade back into its hilt. The other three gathered around him, sharing in the victory. One of them drew a horn from his belt, before cheerfully sounding it, the ringing tune carrying across the air, and leaving behind a powerful silence. A crowd formed around the four, cheering and guiding them toward the estate.

         A short time passed, before the crowd arrived in the courtyard of the estate, gladly drawing opening the gates and pushing the four in.

The princess nonchalantly stuffed Petit between her breasts and pulled up the hem of her dress. She spread her arms welcomingly. “Greetings, brave adventurers! Your courage and bravery are truly a sight of the ages. Please, allow us to repay you, we offer you food and drink, and a place to sleep in my estate.”

Petit listened to her spiel. He knew this manner of speaking well, it was her ‘public speaking voice’ where she would put on a hospitable mask and speak in flowery language. Regardless of her manner of speaking, however, seeing the party in action was undoubtebly exciting. That strength, that ability, the option to go wherever you want and be loved by all was an intoxicating thought, a lifestyle Petit deeply envied.

Silently, the princess was flanked by her royal guard, gathering behind her. “Brave ones, your vigilance in the face of that beast was truly awe-inspiring. You have put an end to it’s terror over the region, and for that, to whom may I thank for your kindness unto us all?” She continued.

Petit was being hugged on all sides by Cortesia’s breasts, her dress compressing them together. He tried to stabilize himself, but the princess’ chest bounced with every step she took. He noticed her transition to her princess voice, a polite and affable sweet tone she used when he first met her, and when she was speaking to those of similar status.

“Princess, it’s an honor to meet you,” the sword-bearing male began, “I am Skewer, the leader of this party. This is our mage, Ciamon, our huntress, Faegan, and our healer, Tharus. We are of our own party, DeKirier.” Ciamon had the fiery red hair of a flame mage, and the scarlet robe to prove it. Her staff was built of solid stone, which coursed from her hands with a brilliant red. Faegan looked to be beast-kin, a human who bore beastly qualities, distantly related to the Beast King of eras long past. The huntress had high cheekbones, piercing blue eyes, massive, protruding canines, and a white, poofy tail which joyfully wagged behind her. Tharus was the shortest one of the group and had the most reclusive demeanor. He had long blue hair that poked out from under his hood. His body was shrouded in a long leather coat, and he covered almost every inch of his skin in gloves and scarves. They all took a knee as they were announced by their leader.

“Thank you, DeKirier. We would be truly delighted if you could join us for dinner at my estate.” Cortesia repeated her offer.

“It would be foolish to reject an offer from the Herbian princess herself. Allow us to first claim our bounty in town, and we will gladly accept.” The leader replied. Next to him, Faegan licked her lips.

“I’ll make the arrangements,” Cortesia said, and left them with a curt nod. Passing by Enrika, she snapped her fingers, the maid quickly turning towards her at full attention. “Tell the other staff that we’ll be having guests tonight.” She ordered. Enrika did a shy bow and ran into the estate.

The princess went to her room to freshen up for the evening. Left alone, her attention turned to the oddly enjoyable efforts of her favorite servant. She reached into her cleavage, and pulled out Petit, dropping him on her bed. “I should keep you in there more often,” she admitted, “but there’s no time now. We’ll be dining with the adventurers tonight. Make yourself look nice.” The princess instructed, inspecting herself in the mirror.

An hour had passed. The maids had been fervently preparing for the guests, and now, they simply awaited their arrival. The maids lined up at the wall, while the princess stood at opposite to the main entrance, ready to greet the guests. She lightly petted Petit as she waited.

The entryway swung open, allowing the adventurers in with great fanfare from the maids, applauding and cheering.

“Great heroes, welcome to our estate, we are so pleased that you could join us!” The princess began in her public tone.

“No, it is our honor to be in the presence of the princess for a meal.” Their leader replied, providing another regal bow.

“Come let us eat.”

The princess led the group to the dining hall, and sat down at the head of the table, placing Petit beside her plate. The party sat along one side of the table, grouped together around their leader. Once the maids served the food, the party was barely able to contain themselves, ravenously eating as much as they could, barely able to retain manners in the presence of the princess.

“Pet, grab me a roll, please.” The princess requested down at her servant about halfway through the meal. Please? Petit raised an eyebrow, That’s the first time you’ve ever said please to me. Not one to embarrass the princess in front of her guests, he stood, and retrieved the pastry, as per her request. Cortesia’s words drew attention to Petit for the first time, causing the party to finally realize he was even there.

The mage drew in a sharp gasp. “A pixie?!” Ciamon exclaimed, grabbing Petit, and holding him close to her face, inspecting him. He looked back at Cortesia, who usually wants to be the only one handling him, but this time she was just smirking. “Where are his wings? Did you clip them?” She pulled out the hem of his shirt, looking down at his back. “I don’t see any scars.” She remarked.

“I-I’m not a Pixie, I’m a human.” Petit nervously answered.

The mage seemed taken aback by what he said and sat in silence for a second.

“You talk?” Tharus peeked his head out from the other end of the table.

“Of course I do, why wouldn’t I?” Petit raised an eyebrow.

“I’ve never seen a servant pixie talk.” Ciamon elaborated.

“But he isn’t a Pixie, he’s human.” Cortesia interrupted, a bit annoyed that the attention was on Petit and not her.

“Well that’s even more strange! I’ve never heard of a human being so small, especially for anything longer than a little while, and that’s assuming we have some of the most powerful mages there ever were!” Ciamon argued.

“It’s not temporary, I’ve been this size since I was born. Long story, and kinda personal.” Petit interjected.

She seemed to accept this, setting Petit down on the table. Tharus was still looking at him. The other two party members seemed to barely care. Faegan was barely paying attention, clearly much more invested in finding out how much of the pork she could scarf down.

“All that magic stuff is too brainy for us,” Skewer shrugged, wrapping an arm around Faegan, “I say live and let live. It’s a weird world, stuff happens. Right, Fay?” He patted his hand on the shoulder of his beast-kin accomplice, who nodded in agreement, her mouth full.

Petit took a second to admire the party. For as long as he could remember, he’d wanted to be an adventurer. Impossible odds, grand victories, loving crowds, it was such an enticing prospect. It had to be the best lifestyle in the whole world, he thought, returning to the head of the table with the princess, who had a bit of a sour look as he approached her.

“So, Ciamon, Tharus, you must both have studied at the capital for those skills of yours, hm?” Cortesia inquired, cutting into the roll Petit had brought her.

“Oh, yes. Three years for me, fire mage’s guild. Tough learning, but very rewarding, as you’ve seen. Tharus was part of the healing arts for a good four, and I must say, I’ve experienced how good he is at it!” Ciamon explained, talking for Tharus who nodded in response. She drew up her sleeve, revealing a long red scar that ran the entire circumference of her forearm. Her upper arm, past the reconnected limb, had a notably greyer skin tone.

“You must have both encountered the arch-mage then, correct?” Cortesia persued. She returned to stroking the head of her brown-haired subservient.

“She gave a few lectures, but I never met her up close,” Ciamon shrugged, Tharus nodding in agreement.

“I saw her once, as a child. She gave us a lovely light show, I remember it fondly.”

“Well I know some more ‘showy’ magic, it’d be my pleasure to give you guys a show.” Ciamon offered.

“Oh, that would be wonderful!” The princess answered, grinning.

The six ate their meals, making light conversation until none could eat any more. Afterward, the party regaled the staff with stories of their travels, and Ciamon gave a wonderful show of magic, complete with beautiful incantations of spiralling fractals inset in space. Petit was absolutely enthralled by the presentation, not even noticing the princess’ pets.

Eventually, dawn fell. “We have a few guest rooms prepared,” Cortesia explained to the party, “and if you need more room, the study is available, just let the maids know and they will set up a bed for you. Skewer, I need a word with you, privately.” She turned to Sasha. “Please guide these fine folk to their rooms.” She instructed. The head maid nodded and gestured for the party to follow her. The three party members left with the maid, with the exception of Skewer, per the princess’ request.

“But, wait, I sleep in the study, where am I gonna sleep?” Petit said, quietly.

“You can sleep in the maid quarters, that is, unless you want to join me in my room.” Cortesia teased with a knowing wink.

“Oh, I guess I’d better make my way to the maid quarters.” Petit muttered.

“Boo, you’re no fun. Now, hurry along, I have to speak with Skewer... alone.” She gestured for Petit to move along.

He made his way to the study to get his blanket, which came in the form of a particularly thick handkerchief. On the way, he saw Sasha guide Faegan into the study, and the mages to the guest bedrooms. Petit crawled under the door and walked in the room, hiding in the corner, trying not to be seen by the beast-kin. Petit felt odd, sneaking into what was normally his own room, but he didn’t want to annoy the adventurer. Inside, the room’s table had been cleared out, leaving only a few chairs, and a large mattress covering the floor. He watched the beast-kin survey the room, before unpacking, laying her bag on the ground and placing her spear against the wall.

Seeing his handkerchief hanging off the side of the chair, Petit quietly ran to it. He ascended onto the chair and grabbed the cloth. Before he could hop down, however, a shadow fell over him. He spun around, it was Faegan, unaware of his presence. More specifically, it was Faegan’s butt, descending over him.

“Wait, Faegan, stop!” Petit shouted.

She reflexively spun around, quickly assuming a fighting stance. Once Faegan saw it was only Petit, she dropped her guard. “Oh, it’s you, Pet. What are you doing here?”

“Yeah, sorry, I usually sleep here, so I was just grabbing my stuff.” Petit explained, holding up the handkerchief. “And, um, it’s Petit, not Pet.”

“Well, Petit, you…” she stopped, her ears twitching. “Don’t come back tonight,” Faegan said, and clicked open the door, the light from the hallway stretching into the dim study.

Down the hall, Cortesia and Skewer were talking. “Sorry, princess, but my heart is already spoken for.” Skewer explained to her, grabbing Faegan’s hand. Cortesia was taken aback by the display of affection, and to a beast-kin no less.

“If you’ll excuse us, we’re going to the bath,” Faegan said, as pulling Skewer behind her.

Hopping off the chair and making his way into the hallway, Petit saw Cortesia in the distance, simply standing, stunned, her smile quickly falling away as the adventurers grew further. “WHAT!” She shouted. “HE SAID NO TO ME?! SASHA! Bring me the GOOD wine in my chambers, and no one is to disturb me!” Cortesia demanded to the head maid, down the hall, stomping to her room.

Once the coast was clear, Petit crept out from the doorway and walked through the estate, towards where the maids' quarters were. The hallway was lined with identical doors, labelled with the names of two workers each until the last door, which only had one, Enrika’s. He didn’t want to take advantage of her kindness, but seeing as she seemed to like him, and there was a free bed in the room, it looked to be his best option.

He crawled under the door and entered the room. In case she was not decent, he covered his eyes. “Enrika!” He attempted to make his presence known. “Hey, sorry for barging in, but I need a place to sleep tonight!”

No reply.

He slowly uncovered his eyes, and saw that she wasn’t present in the room, likely having yet to return from her bath. Petit wandered into the room, making his way across the floor. There was a hairbrush left on the floor, the maid’s black hair woven throughout its bristles. Curiously, however, there was also a few white hairs among the bunch. They couldn’t be hers; she was by no means old enough for that possibility. Perhaps an older coworker had borrowed it in the past? He climbed atop the spare bed, which lacked covers. There was a stale odor of gas throughout the room, not offensive, but certainly noticeable.

Soon after, the door opened, Enrika stepping into her room. As he had suspected, she had just left the bath. Her torso was wrapped in a large towel that extended to her calves, and another, smaller one, tightly wound around her still-wet hair. Her fair skin shone in the dim personal quarters, and the flowery scent of merriwood perforated the air around her. Not wanting a repeat of what almost happened with Faegan, Petit immediately announced himself.

“Hey, Enrika! Over here!” Petit yelled, waving his arms.

“Oh!” The maid jumped in surprise, not expecting her coworker to appear in her room. “Hey Petit! Um, not to be rude, but... what are you doing here?”

“The other guys are...” he cleared his throat, “using my room, do you mind if I borrow the spare bed, just for tonight?”

“I, umm…” Enrika stammered, glancing around the room. “Yea-yes, sure you can. I just need to, yknow, get ready for bed, so could you, like,” she made a spinning gesture with her finger.

“Oh! Yeah, yeah, of course.” He answered nervously, turning around. The princess had been changing in front of him for so long that he had forgotten it was normal. He turned to face the bland, undecorated wall.

“No peeking, I mean it,” Enrika commanded, trying to act stern.

“No, no, I’d never.” He answered to the wall.

Petit could hear the rustling of Enrika taking off her towel. Out of respect, he tried not to mentally picture her behind him. He continued looking at the wall. The crowning was well maintained, he noted. There were a few noticeable holes in the wall, accompanied by square imprints of less-worn walls. Evidently, pictures had been hung on the wall prior. The estate had a lot of history like this, and he had to wonder where this fit into it.

“Ok, I’m done.” Enrika announced.

Petit spun back around. Enrika was in a nightgown, her head covering atop her scalp. “Thanks for letting me stay, if you’d said no, I would’ve had to sleep with the princess.” He thanked.

“Luckily for you, I wouldn’t wish that upon my worst enemy.”

They shared a laugh, before going silent. “Why do you stay?” Petit blurted out, not quite thinking it through.

“I’m sorry?” Enrika looked a bit taken aback by the sudden question.

“Why do you stay,” he gestured at the walls around them, “here, at the estate?”

“Well, I know they treat me like crap here, but it’s the only place that’ll keep me around, with my... problem.” She wafted her hand behind her. “And you?”

“Family stuff.” He stated, matter-of-factly. “They needed money, the princess offered to hire me. I send most of my wages to them.”

There was a knowing silence between the pair.

“That story Skewer told, about the troll, that was incredible.” Petit broke the silence.

“Yeah! And the one about the ice swamp, that was intense.” Enrika gushed.

“Man, I got so jealous during that story, I almost feel guilty about it now. That danger, that rush, it’s so exciting, you know?”

“Really? I was always a bigger fan of the crowds. The cheers, the adoration, it all just looks so great.”

“Oh yeah, that’s great, too.” Petit remarked, imagining the sight. He crawled into his makeshift bed, yawning.

“You should do this again sometime, it’s nice having someone to talk to in here.” Enrika proposed, getting into her own bed.

Petit considered the prospect. Sure, it might smell sometimes, but it sure beat being alone. Plus, he’d be safer from the princess’ whims here. “I’d like that.” He answered.

“Good night, Petit.”

“Good night, Enrika.”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed this one! As always, please leave a review. It's always appreciated, positive or negative.