- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I regret to inform that there is no smut in this chapter. Still, I worked real hard on it, so you guys better read it.

~octo

The chapter is a bit slow focusing on character and rolling the ball toward the next chapters.

~2inch

Enrika nonchalantly went and sat down at the table, the same spot she had sat the day prior. She placed Petit next to her. Although the family was eagerly taking portions of the oatmeal, they had saved a generous helping for the pair. Enrika ate with a spoon, gently blowing to cool down the still-hot meal. Petit reclined against her water glass and, due to an apparent lack of other options, ate with his hands.

“Good morning, Petit, did you sleep well?” Melina asked.

“Oh, umm, yeah,” he answered, glancing at Enrika. “Thanks for letting me sleep in, I needed it.” He looked back at Melina.

“Enrika tells me you grew up in a bakery, and you’d know how to make really good bread.”

“Well, I can’t make it myself, but I’m pretty familiar with it.”

“I’m sure you could tell, but I’m not very good at it. You think you and Enrika could work together sometime today and get us some?”

His mouth full, Petit nodded as a reply. He swallowed. “Anything else?” He inquired.

“Yes, actually. I’ve got some housekeeping things for you and Petit after breakfast. Otto has to teach Tina how to do farmwork, and the rest of us have a lot of work to catch up on as well, so it’d be a real help.”

“I don’t see why not.” Petit replied.

After breakfast was done, Enrika cleared up all the dishes. Melina came by with instructions. They were to wash the dishes, make bread, dust surfaces and do some laundry. With the matters cleared up, the cow-kins left the house for their work, leaving it empty and silent.

The first matter to attend to: washing dishes. There was already a full bucket of water next to the house, near the well, so Enrika chose to use that. She found a piece of cloth in the cabinet that would serve the purpose of washing.

“So... you said we’d talk about Milly?” Petit initiated while Enrika wiped at the dirtied bowls.

“Oh, yeah. I’m sorry about that, I didn’t mean to get so... I jumped to conclusions.”

“No, it’s alright. I should have had Milly run it by you first. That one is on me. But”

“But I should apologize to her. You're right.” Enrika let out a deep sigh. “Thanks, Petit. I’ll do it when I get the chance.”

Almost as if summoned, Petit noticed Millicent making her way towards the well near them. He waved her over.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Milly greeted cheerily.

Petit gestured at Millicent to Enrika. Seeing this, Enrika gave him a small, almost unnoticeable nod.

“Hey, Milly, I’m sorry about yesterday, I shouldn’t’ve jumped to conclusions like I did,” Enrika apologized.

Milly seemed surprised by the apology. “I... it’s okay, I get it, I really didn’t even think about it, I’m sorry. I would’ve jumped to conclusions too if I was in your shoes. Like if I ran up to you and saw you pull Petit out of your butt, I’d have to assume a few things too!” She laughed at her own joke.

“Haha... yeah, that’d be really weird...” Enrika said, glancing at Petit uncomfortably.

“Ha, me in her butt, what a crazy thought.” Petit said, glancing at Enrika uncomfortably.

“So, do you think Petit would be able to come with me for my chores later? Having someone to talk to makes the work less boring.” Millicent asked Enrika nervously, although Petit took notice that the question was mostly directed at him.

“Sure, I can hold the fort for a while.” Enrika answered.

“Yeah, that’d be nice, just maybe I don’t stay in your chest this time?” Petit half-joked.

“Oh yeah! Of course!” Milly answered quickly, blushing.

“Works for me” Petit shrugged.

Millicent left for the well. Off in the distance, Petit noticed her gulp down an entire bucketful of the drawn water.

Enrika and Petit chatted a while longer, hopping between subjects while Enrika finished up with the dishes. Complaining about the queen, reminiscing about when life was simpler, and at one point, for a reason Petit couldn’t quite remember, the subject of playing cards had come up.

They moved to the kitchen to prepare bread for lunch.

...

“Hey, hey! Watch it! Too much yeast and you’ll make the thing flat.” Petit instructed atop Enrika’s head, holding onto the white strip of her short black hair for support.

“What? I thought the yeast made it rise!” Enrika said.

“Yeah, well, it does, until it doesn’t. Got it?”

“Not really...”

“Just listen to your conscience.” Petit teased.

Though he couldn’t see Enrika’s face from atop her head, he was confident she had just rolled her eyes.

Despite wearing the dress of a scullery maid, the ones responsible for preparing food, Enrika had little baking experience. Petit found this disappointing, since Enrika had an admirable agility with her hands, and would likely have made for an irreplaceably delicate baker. Though, if Enrika had had proper experience, Petit would not be able to do his current job.

“Ah, watch the hair.” Enrika winced.

“Sorry” Petit apologized, realizing he was holding her hair a little too tightly.

...

Enrika placed the dough into the oven, sliding the lid shut behind it to cook.

“Alright, we gotta be back here in forty minutes. Anything we should do during that?” Petit asked.

“Okay, I’ll do the laundry, you dust off the surfaces?” Enrika said.

“Sounds good.”

Enrika left the house to use the washboard, leaving Petit to dust off counters and tables that he could get to. There were a few large bits of dried food on the table, that Petit had some difficulty clearing, but after some strenuous labor, he cleaned the whole table by himself. He placed his hands on his hips, admiring his own handiwork. He looked in the direction of the kitchen – the bread would probably be ready soon.

Petit covered his ears at the loud ringing.

Enrika was ringing the bell that sat near the door, its thunderous clangs audible across the entire property, informing the family lunch had been prepared.

Evidently eager to stuff themselves, they all came in from various parts of the farm and entered the house. Everyone sat at the table. Otto led the prayer once again, and they began eating.

“Enrika, Petit, this is the best bread I’ve ever had!” Melina exclaimed, her mouth full.

“So, how long are you two going to stay?” Milly asked.

Petit looked to Enrika. “Not much longer, maybe a day, I’d say?” He spoke.

“Why the rush?” Melina asked, dabbing at the corner of her mouth with a handkerchief.

“Gotta stay ahead of the princess, I guess. It’s alright, I always wanted to be an adventurer, anyway.” Petit dismissed.

“Adventurers?” Otto came to attention.

On the other end of the table, Millicent also pricked up, paying noticeably more attention to the matter.

“Y-yeah. It’s a dream of mine, actually.” Petit said nervously, remembering his previous experience saying the same thing to the princess.

Melina and Otto looked at each other, concerned.

Milly quickly finished her food, to talk.

“Well then, maybe you should go to Capicolassale.” Milly suggested.

“Capicolassale? Where’s that?” Petit asked.

“Capicolassale. ‘Starterton’, some people will call it, because just about anyone can find a job there, even an adventurer. Lovely place, really.” Melina said.

“Oh, Starterton, I’ve heard of that place. At the bakery, I’d hear people say they were from there. That’s a great idea! How far is it?” Petit said.

“It’s certainly a distance, but if you can catch a boat, you’ll cut it down a lot. Head east about two days, and you’ll reach the sea.” Melina explained.

“It’s pretty hard to miss it!” Otto chuckled.

Lunch ended. Petit remained on the table while Enrika cleared it. Most of the family had left, with Milly staying behind.

“You want to borrow Petit?” Enrika asked Millicent.

“No, actually. It’s something else.” Millicent said, a hint of apprehension in her tone.

Enrika raised an eyebrow. “And what’s that?”

Milly drew in a deep breath. “I want to come with you!” She burst, seemingly fighting with herself to get the statement out of herself. “I need to! I can’t be here anymore! It makes me sick, knowing there’s a whole world out there and I’m sitting here at this farm, missing it! I know I can be somebody. I know there’s something out there for me, I, I...” she trailed off. “I’m sorry, just please let me come with you. I’ll be useful, I promise!”

Enrika and Petit looked at each other. Petit motioned for Enrika to come closer, which she obliged.

“Why shouldn’t she come? She’d definitely help us. She’s incredibly strong, and she doesn’t’ get hurt easily. She’s the tank that every party wants. And she clearly wants to.” Petit whispered to Enrika.

“I don’t know, what if she’s dangerous?” Enrika whispered back, glancing at Millicent occasionally.

“Dangerous? If she was a threat to us, we wouldn’t still be here. Her being dangerous is not a problem, it’s a solution!”

Enrika pondered this for a moment. “Fair point.” She muttered.

Enrika stood back up. “Alright, fine.” She answered Millicent.

Milly released an ecstatic shout, practically jumping toward Enrika. She wrapped her arms around the smaller girl, hugging her so tight Petit was worried she’d pop. She set Enrika down and approached Petit. She picked up the shrunken man, bringing him to her lips and covering his entire upper body in a kiss that was likely intended to have been a simple peck.

“Thank you thank you thank you!” She exclaimed. “We’ll leave in the morning! I’ll help pack all the stuff, and I can carry it too!”

Enrika and Petit were practically dragged along by the excited woman, running about the house grabbing various supplies. Changes of clothes, canteens, food, lots of food, money, blankets. The bag kept growing larger after they went through each room. Every time Petit wondered how she’d carry it, she’d pick it up with extreme ease and move to another room.

They entered the foyer. Millicent was about to bend over to pick up her work boots when the door opened.

“What’s going on here?” Otto bellowed, Melina beside him.

Enrika yelped, tightening her grip on Petit, though she was clearly not the intended recipient of the bellow.

“Oh!” Millicent rose up. She stuttered for a moment, assembling her words. “I... I want to leave with Enrika and Petit. We were just packing.” She winced, expecting to be berated.

Instead, the parents looked at each other. They whispered to each other a bit.

The silence seemed to stretch on for ages.

Otto looked back at his daughter. “You can go.” He stated simply.

“What? That’s it?” Milly was shocked.

Otto shrugged. “I left home, too, when I was young. Best thing I ever did.” He wrapped an arm around Melina’s shoulder. “I’m just happy you asked, I certainly didn’t.” He gave a warm smile.

“Thanks, dad.” Millicent embraced her parents.

“Just don’t take all the pots, we need those.” Melina joked.

Milly laughed. She stepped back from her parents. “We’re gonna leave in the morning.” She informed.

With her parents' permission, Millicent continued to pack with Enrika and Petit, including anything and everything the group might need.

“Oh! And I need something longer, too, in case I have to hide my tail.” Enrika requested to Milly.

“Hold on, I think I’ve got what you need.” Milly said, leaning over to dig in the storage box where Enrika had originally got her clothes.

“Before we built our home here, I had to hide my features too, so I made myself this.” Melina said, standing just near them. She pulled out an odd piece of clothing. It was a pair of pants, with an attached skirt. It was old but appeared to have been well-maintained.

It even looked quite stylish, Petit thought, though he was no fashion aficionado.

“It has a hole in the back for your tail, but the skirt should give you enough room to hide it. I was planning on giving it to Tina, but I don’t think she’ll ever need it. Besides, she’ll just grow out of it quick.”

“Ma’am I... I don’t know what to say,” Enrika said.

“Just say you’ll keep my little girl out of trouble.” Melina said. “Oh! One more thing.” She pulled out a long top that was folded over her shoulder. “This’ll help, too. The hood will cover those ears of yours. Might get a bit warm, though.”

“This is too much, I really can’t accept this.”

“Nonsense! Consider it thanks for that lovely fabric you gave me earlier.”

Milly poked her head out of the storage box, holding an old dress. Seeing the event unfolding beside her, she tossed it back into the box and stood up.

“Oh, since you’re leaving, I should make a big dinner tonight, and I’ll make all your favorites,” Melina said.

“Mom, you don-”

“Nonsense, I’ll get started soon, Otto, let’s get back to work, so we can start on dinner,” Melina said, leaving the house with Otto.

Milly continued packing.

Petit noticed he was feeling a bit dazed. He struggled to keep his eyes open, and he was struggling to come up with suggestions of what to pack.

“I’ve packed just about everything I can think of. You got everything out of the shed?” Milly said to Enrika.

“Should be, I didn’t bring much.”

“You guys wanna go for a walk around the farm then?”

“Sure,” Enrika shrugged, “that good with you, Petit?”

“Sounds like fun.” Petit said.

Millicent extended a hand, which Petit stepped into. She slowly raised her hand, being noticeably more careful in her movements, and deposited Petit on her shoulder, where he gripped the shoulder strap of her overalls for support.

Petit was aware of Millicent looking at him through the corner of his eye. When he felt he was stable enough, he gave a thumbs-up.

Seeing his affirmation, the trio went outside. Petit took notice of her more light-footed and carefully placed steps, which was different from her standard gait. They entered the expansive field near the house. Off in the distance, Petit saw Otto pulling an oxen plow, turning the soil at an appreciable pace.

Milly pointed in the general direction of her father. “Over there is where we grow potatoes and carrots,” she explained, “and that small building over there is the chicken coup. Over there are the fields that I till, but I’m done with them pretty quickly.”

She approached a large tree stump beside the dirt road and sat down on it.

“This is my favorite spot. Has been for as long as I can remember. Sometimes people would walk by, and if I was lucky, they’d tell me about places they’ve been, places they’re going. It was so exciting!” She recollected aloud. “You get it, right?”

“Totally!” Petit gushed. “I’d hear all these stories from adventurers at the bakery, it was incredible! Battle, danger, risks, monsters. It’s intoxicating!”

“And you?” Millicent asked Enrika.

“I like the recognition. In towns I’ve been in, parties would just show up, and everyone would get excited for them. They’d buy them drinks, party with them, and they’d try so hard to get them to stay! I don’t know, I guess I kind of envy it. Just never felt that sort of... belonging. And then I see these guys, and they just fit right in everywhere, so well that they don’t even need to stay anywhere.”

Milly and Petit nodded in unison.

It was a pleasant day. Puffy clouds hovered in the air, sailing across the blue sky. The sun was lowering in the sky, but it was still very much day. Its rays struck Petit’s skin, lathering him in its calming warmth.

Petit yawned. He felt himself grow tired. Apparently, one needed sleep in order to not be tired, something he was sorely lacking due to the events which occurred the night prior.

“It’s a nice spot.” Enrika remarked, looking out at the rolling hills and expansive fields.

A thunderous clanging resounded from the house, scaring Petit back to awareness.

“Dinner!” Milly exclaimed excitedly.

They returned to the house. At the table, a pot so large and full that Petit worried it would crush the table. Beside it, the remainder of the morning’s bread. They sat down. Unlike the previous meals, tonight Milly sat beside Enrika, with the rest of the family on the other side of the long table.

Otto led the prayer once again. This time was unique, Petit noticed. Although he was still unfamiliar with the prayer language, he recognized that this time, it was a prayer to the god of fortune. He even recognized his, Enrika’s, and Milly’s names dotted throughout. Though he currently had his gripes with the god of fortune, it comforted him to know that Otto wanted them to succeed.

They unclasped their hands and began to take portions of the food. Even Enrika took an impressive portion, clearly not wanting to miss out on the appetizing pork, or the smooth and fluffy mashed potatoes.

Petit, as usual, ate off Enrika’s plate, refueling after the day's events. Beside him, he noticed Milly’s fork approach him, with potatoes atop it.

“Here, try this, it’s delicious,” Milly said, offering a spoonful of mashed potatoes.

Petit stood took a bit of it. It was quite good. The butter that adorned it was smooth, and remarkably savory, with an enjoyable salty taste to it.

“So, I see you guys have already packed up. Planning to leave soon?” Melina conversed, leaning back in her chair.

“Yeah, we’re gonna go in the morning.” Milly informed.

“Hold on, actually.” Enrika interjected. “Petit and I travelled at night before, it’s easier to hide.”

“But it gets so dark, are you sure that’s wise?” Melina asked, concerned.

Enrika tapped her temple. “Night eyes.”

“I don’t have that.” Milly stated, clearly not happy about it. “Besides, you’ve got that dress, no one’ll suspect you of a thing.”

“That’s not a bad idea.” Petit added, to help ease Enrika’s clear apprehension. “Worst comes to worst, Milly here can knock some heads.”

Enrika looked to mull over it for a moment, before seeming to accept it.

...

The evening sun was beginning to pour through the window by the time dinner was finished, bathing the dining room in orange light.

“Thank you, Melina. the food was wonderful, all of it.” Enrika complimented.

“Thank you, you’ve both been wonderful guests.” Melina said.

Petit blinked a few times. He noticed he had begun swaying side to side. He didn’t know when it started, just that he hadn’t noticed it. The sleepless night was getting to him. His eyes burned and his mind grew foggy.

Milly and Enrika were talking in the other room. In front of him, at the end of the table, Tina skipped over

“Petit, can we play one more time before it’s dark out?” Tina asked.

Petit looked down at Tina. His eyelids grew heavier by the moment, intent on shutting.

“Umm… sure…we can play a little bit, until it gets dark.” Petit said, trying to shake off his exhaustion.

“Yaaay, thanks Petit you’re the best,” Tina said.

Alright, I’m gonna play with Tina one last time, then…I can…sleep.

...

“Alright, so we’re heading east, and then there’s the-” Enrika paused. “Did you just hear a thud?”

Millicent and Melina exchanged confused glances.

Enrika peeked around the corner to check on Petit. She spotted him on the table. He was lying down on his back. Seeing this, she rushed over to get a better look at the situation.

“Petit? Petit!” Tina , sounding worried.

Enrika noted the rise and fall of his chest – he was definitely breathing. He was just... lying there. Unconscious. She grew concerned. Tina was standing by him at the end of the table.

“What happened?” Enrika asked sternly.

Tina looked from Enrika to Petit not sure what was going on, starting to tear up. “I was asking him if he wanted to play, and he just fell over! Is he okay?”

“What’s happening?” Milly concernedly asked upon entering the room.

“Petit’s just... fallen asleep. Right here, on the table.” Enrika attempted to explain.

Milly approached the sleeping man, also noticing that he was breathing. Cupping her hands, she scooped him up delicately.

“What are you doing?” Enrika asked. She tried to avoid an accusatory tone, but it was possible a bit had slipped in.

“Well, I’ve got a nice feather bed we could lie him in. I don’t know what’s wrong with him, but I don’t think it’d be a good idea to wake him up.” Milly explained.

They went up the stairs to the second floor, entering Millicent’s room. It was, in all honesty, quite bare. The walls were empty, and the only sort of furniture was the bed, a few wood chairs, and a sizeable dresser. Still, the bed looked to be no slouch, with feathered pillows, a thick mattress, and silky covers draped over it.

Milly carefully laid out Petit on the pillow, watching afterward for any change. Nothing.

“I’m no doctor,” she remarked, “but it looks like he’s just sleeping.”

Enrika relaxed, hearing this. Sure, as Milly had said, she was no doctor, but her words were still comforting.

“I don’t see why he’d be exhausted, he slept quite a lot last night. He even slept in!” Milly speculated.

Hearing this, Enrika tensed up again. “U-uh... well he said he didn’t sleep well last night. It did get pretty cold, and he probably didn’t like the haybales, either.” She told a white lie, hiding the real reason.

“Oh, the poor thing, I wish he’d told me. He must be exhausted!” Milly said.

Enrika looked behind her, having heard a noise. Tina had followed them, Enrika noticed. The girl sat in one of the chairs, looking terribly concerned. “Is he okay?” She mumbled.

“Of course, he’ll be okay, he was just tired, so we have to let him sleep.” Enrika comforted, stroking the girl’s hair with her thumb. “So be really quiet for him, okay?” Enrika put a finger to her own lips.

“I’m sorry.” the girl muttered weakly.

“No need for that.” Enrika consoled. “It wasn’t your fault at all.” She looked the girl in the eyes. “You understand?”

Tina gave a weak smile back, and nodded, before retreating through the door.

“I’m going to go… wash up. I’ll be sleeping in the shed again, is it okay if Petit stays in your room tonight?” Enrika requested. “I don’t want to have to worry about a repeat of last night.” There was a nagging thought at the back of her mind that told her not to leave without Petit, but she stifled it as best she could. After all, she didn’t want a repeat of the last night.

“Sure, he can, we’re teammates after all.” Milly said.

Enrika left the room, leaving Petit with Milly. She splashed some water on her face before making her way to the shed. It had gotten dark, she noticed on the way. The sun hung low in the sky, dipping below the horizon and bathing the farm in an orange-red glow, with long, stretching shadows of trees sporadically darkening the ground.

She disrobed and crawled back atop the haybales, drawing the accompanying blanket over her body. Lying in bed, her mind was left to draw upon the events of the day.

You put Petit in your butt last night! Sure, it was an accident, but then you left him in there all morning! Gods, of course he’d be tired.

She felt a fluttering in her chest. Without even realizing it, her hand had begun to drift toward her midriff. She aggressively withdrew it and planted her face firmly into her pillow.

What is wrong with you? She berated herself internally. You cause all this trouble, and all you can think about is how much you want him back there again? You’re sick! What kind of friend are you?

...

Petit stirred awake. His eyes only peeled open about halfway. Where am I? What happened? He thought cluelessly. Glancing at his surroundings, he came to the realization he was in a room, and was currently sat on a pillow, a cloth covering his body.

Gradually, his mental fog cleared. He had passed out, he realized. The soreness on the back of his head informed him it was not a pleasant passing out, either. Someone must have brought him to this room, he concluded.

“Oh, you’re awake!” A voice said from the other side of the room.

Petit turned to look at the source of the voice. Milly was there, putting out a candle.

He put a hand to his pained skull. “Wh... where am I? Ow.” He winced, having located a sizeable bump on his cranium.

“Well, you’re in my room.” Milly spoke softly, clearly trying to prevent Petit from getting stressed out. “Enrika told me to keep you in here tonight, since you didn’t sleep well in the shed.”

“You could say that.” Petit said, sitting up.

“Would you mind if we shared the bed?”

“Hm?” Petit looked down, realizing he was in what was clearly her bed. “Oh, no, not at all.”

“Thanks.” Milly said. She walked around the bed and crawled into it, resting her head on the second pillow, the one Petit wasn’t using.

“No need to thank me, it’s your bed.” Petit chuckled lightly.

She smiled.

Petit laid back down, drawing the cloth back atop his body.

“Thanks for letting me come with you guys. I know you probably think I’m not cut out for this-”

“What!?” Petit interrupted, shocked. “Not cut out for this?” He nearly threw his head back in laughter. “You’re more cut out for this than me or Enrika combined!”

“Why do you say that?” Milly said, looking very confused.

“I mean, there’s the obvious, you’re tougher than a brick wall, you wield an axe like a butter knife, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you could lift a mountain!” Petit listed enthusiastically.

“You think so?” A smile crept across Milly’s face, visible even in the darkened room.

“I know so. And then there’s your positivity! I wish I had a morsel of the excitement you have to go out there.” He complimented. “And you’re just so friendly and approachable, anyone would be lucky to have you around them.”

She blushed heavily. “Thanks, Petit.”

“No problem.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Petit practically fell asleep the instant his head hit the pillow.

...

Enrika drew the blanket off her body. She had slept in, she noted, as the sunlight was more yellow through the wood slits than the previous day when it had taken on an orange hue. Crawling out of the bed, she felt her bare feet contact the cold and slightly damp floorboards.

This is the first time in a few days when I didn’t wake up with Petit, she thought.

She crossed the shed, approaching the worktable where she had been placing her possessions. She glanced between the outfit Melina had given her the last night, nicely folded, and the work clothes, which she had hastily balled up before going to bed. With a shrug, she unfurled the work clothes.

It was quiet, she thought while drawing the top over her head. It was a quiet that reminded her of those early mornings at the estate, where there was no one other than her own thoughts to converse with. It wasn’t bad, per se, in fact she found it comfortingly meditative. A good way to organize oneself.

She drew the pants up, feeling their now familiar tightness. Carefully, she did up the buckle on her backside which allowed her tail to swing freely below the waistband.

Her hair was unkempt, she noticed, running her fingers through it. It had been a while since she was able to properly brush it. She frowned.

Enrika folded the other outfit over her arm and began making her way to the house. It was late in the morning, why hadn’t Melina woken her up?

She opened the door and entered the home.

The table was empty, nothing in it but a lone plate with a large portion of breakfast atop it.

“Good morning, Enrika!” Melina seemed to manifest from thin air.

“Oh, good morning!” Enrika greeted. “Why didn’t you wake me up? I could’ve helped with breakfast.”

Melina waved her hand in a dismissive gesture. “No worries, I couldn’t let you all leave without a good night’s rest and a full belly. Speaking of which,” she began guiding Enrika to the chair, “you’d better fill up. Big journey ahead of you!”

“Thanks.” Enrika sat in the chair, placing the new clothes next to her. “Where is everyone?”

“Finishing up goodbyes.” Melina tapped the head of Enrika’s chair before turning and walking back out the room.

Enrika shrugged and ate the food.

Upon finishing, she stood up, making sure not to forget her outfit, and moved to the foyer, where she heard voices. In it, the whole family seemed to be, chatting happily. They were all grinning, despite the fact one of them was leaving.

Millicent noticed Enrika. She gave a wave and a gesture for Enrika to follow her. Milly picked up an absurdly large bag, threw it over her shoulder, and walked out the door, followed quickly by the rest of the family.

Enrika followed her, out onto the grass in front of the home. The family stood on the porch.

Millicent looked to Enrika. “You got everything?”

“I think so. Where’s Petit?” Enrika answered.

Millicent turned to the side, revealing Petit atop her bag. He gave a regal bow.

They waved goodbye to Melina, Otto, and Tina. With that, they were off to find Starterton.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading our story! Sorry, this one was a bit of a slow one. Big stuff coming up though!

~Octo

As always, reviews are appreciated. Thank you to Joker592 and Iambeowulf for your reviews.

~2inch