- Text Size +
Chapter four

 

Sally started her trip by wadding through the Gulf of St. Lawrence. She emerged from the water at the Gaspe Peninsula. She then headed west, doing her best to avoid settlement although she found the small ones almost impossible to avoid. There were times she didn’t even hear the crunching sound they made when she accidentally stepped on them.

While Sally was walking through Quebec, she noticed a big hole in the ground. At first she though it was a meteorite crater. Then she noticed how even the edges were. An entire village had been completely removed from the ground.

“Annie strikes again.” Thought Sally, as she walked on, straight out of Quebec and into Ontario.

 

As Sally moved westwards, people hoped against hope she won’t visit their town. For a lot of these folks, their prayers were answered, while other people got crushed along with their hopes. While still other people, had close calls. Takes Harold Richmond for instance, he ran the “Guess where Sally will be today” game, for Cold Valley, a small town in northern Ontario. The object of the game was to guess where Sally would be at noon of a given day. The person who guessed correctly would win a prize.

On this particular day, he was on his roof admiring the view(his house was near the top of a hill). Then Harold noticed movement in the east. To his astonishment he saw it was a naked woman, appearing to grow larger by the second. Harold then realized that he was looking at Sally. Whiten seconds, Sally was too close for Harold to see all of her at once. Only her massive legs and feet were visible as she passed by, about a mile to the south of him. As she walked, the earth shook and then he heard the sonic boom.

“Like being at the base of a mountain during an earthquake.” Harold thought as he watched Sally walk away, her figure getting smaller with distance. From a distance, she actually looked beautiful. He kept of watching until she was no longer visible.

 

Time passed, the sky turned overcast, to Sally this meant a solid layer of clouds between her head and the ground. She tried bending over to look under the clouds, but found it too time consuming, so she decided to take a chance and keeping on walking. Not sure where she was. When she hit Lake Nipgon for instance, she didn’t know the lakes name, all she knew was the lake was shallow, barely enough to get a drink of water. (She drank out of habit, not actually physical need)

 

The Smiths were having a picnic in Red River Park deep within Winnipeg, Manitoba. They figured they could enjoy the day in peace. They were actually laughing about those poor Easters who had to live with Sally. What they didn’t realize was at 12:30 central time , Manitoba, went on Sally alert.

 

Around one o’clock, they started to feel the first faint vibrations. Then they saw what looked like a flesh coloured mountain to east. Their last sight, was an enormous dark shape that blocked out the sky and crushed them and everything else for blocks around.

 

Sally was puzzled by the crunching noses she kept hearing. These were soon joined by the sounds of explosions and fires. What the heck was she walking in? She opened a hole in the clouds and gasped. She was in the middle of a city. Her face red with embarrassment, she said;

“I’m sorry.” To the people of Winnipeg. She tried her best, but she ended up crushing thousands more, before being able to leave the city.

 

Sally had reached Saskatchewan, by the time she reached clear sky. Sally gazed at the wheat fields at her feet. Pleased to see wide open spaces, with the cities and towns clearly standing out. She then increased her speed, crossing Saskatchewan in little more than an hour, leaving only a few flattened farms in her wake.

 

By Evening Sally had reached the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. She had crossed most of Canada in one day. She though about making a quick joint to BC, but since she was getting tried, she decided to stay put.

 

She gazed at the mountains before her. While they were beautiful,

their size was a disappointment. Most of the mountains only came to her knees.

“They look better in the travel guide.” Sally thought.

 

As night fell, Sally got lonely. She noticed a city by the mountains, but after the Winnipeg fiasco. She was afraid of getting too close and causing death and destruction.

 

The people of Calgary watched Sally with apprehension. They had seen news reports on what happened to Winnipeg, and where afraid of suffering the same fate. They were about to discover, Sally wasn’t the only giantess they had to worry about.

Harry was on Sally watch when, he saw a flash to his right. He did a double take. There was a second mega giantess within his sights.

 

Sally also saw the flash, and quickly realized it was Annie. Digging tools in hand, she was starting to crave out of slice of downtown Calgary.

“Stop right there Annie.” Sally cried.

“I told you before. I’ve saving these people.” Annie replied.

“Liar. You take them to your lab, to be used in experiments.”

Sally tried to get closer to Annie, but after stepping on a few city blocks, she realized, she would do more harm, than good by trying to get to the downtown.

“If this upsets so much. I’ll just take people, from towns out of your sight. Bye”

Annie then vanished, with much of Downtown Calgary in her hands.

“I’m bigger than her now, and I still couldn’t stop her.” Sally cried.

 

Later that night, Sally saw another flash, thinking it was Annie she attacked it.

“What’s the meaning of this?” the figure cried.

Sally then looked into the figure’s face. It was Valerie.

“Sorry, about that Valerie, I thought you were Annie.”

“She has been here?”

“Yes. You know, I never thought. I see the day, where I’ll be taller than you. I mean when we first meet five days ago. I didn’t even come to you knees, and now you only come up to my belly.”

“I told you, your wish, would come true. Anything else before go.”

“Can you please stay a while. I get lonely with no one to talk to.”

“I can’t. I return home every mourning wither I want to or not. However I know a GTS-goddess that might be able to help you. I’ll see if she’ll agree to visit your world for a while. See you soon.” Valerie then vanished in a flash of light.

 

Ginger sat in front of the TV watching CNN.

“Reports continue to come in about a mega giantess who people are calling “Flash and scoop” Every time this mysterious burette appears, towns and cities disappear. Their fate is still unknown. In other Giantess news, the casualty report reached a record high yesterday, of 400,000 people as result of Sally’s cross country track and walk through Winnipeg. Starting today, were starting a second casualty report. This one will show how many people were victims of “Flash and Scoop”. Today the figure stands at 80,000.”

Ginger sighed, she missed the good old days, when a woman of her height (seven feet 10 inches) was considered to be a giantess. Now she like most of the Human race, felt like bugs.

 

Sally spent  June 15th in BC checking out the mountains, with the occasional side trip into Alaska and Washington state. At 18.62 miles in height, she found it impossible to tell where America began and Canada ended, and didn’t care.

Only two things bothered her, the constant smell of ozone(her head was in the ozone layer) and the fact she was now too big to go swimming. The later fact she discovered that afternoon; when she tried a quick dip in the Pacific Ocean.

 

Around midnight, Valerie returned to Sally’s world, and she wasn’t alone. Another giantess was with her.

“Sally, I want you to meet Michelle Bates.” A beautiful giantess with dark hair stepped forward. She seem to be about 4 miles tall.

“Nice to meet you Michelle.” Sally extended her hand. To her shock, Michael began to grow, soon she was the same height as Sally.

“I’ve heard a lot about you Sally.” Michelle said as she shook Sally’s hand.

“I got to go. See you in a few days. “ Valerie then vanished, leaving behind a bag, which was Michelle’s luggage.

“I got so many things to ask you. I don’t know where to start.” Sally told Michelle.

“How about waiting until mourning. I prefer to sleep at night.” Michelle replied.

“Fine. I have a feeling tomorrow going to be an interesting day.”

That said, the two goddesses, stretched out on the ground and went to sleep.

 

 “Hello I’m Tanya  Heartland of Alberta mourning news. Our top story, Sally has been joined by another mega giantess. This newcomer is burette, and about 18 and half miles tall. Sally meanwhile, continues to grow, reaching 37.24 miles this mourning. I just been handed a note, the burette is waking up, let’s go to our live eye.”

Screen shows Michelle getting up. After stretching for a moment, she spots a town, and decides to investigate. When she reached the outskirts of town, Michelle begins to shrink, reaching 500 feet in moments.

“I don’t believe this, the newcomer has shrunk. She seems to be observing the town folk. “

Michelle was doing that and more. She wanted to talk to the locals.

“How do you find Sally’s rule?” she asked.

 

Chris looked up, at the 500 foot giantess before him. Unlike Sally, she was wearing a bra, and actually trying to talk to people. He decided to be bold.

“Sally does not rule over us. “ He shouted up at Michelle.

“Oh?” Michelle replied. A little surprised at the response. Other townsfolk’s then entered the conversation. They considered their lives to be run by people in Edmonton and Ottawa, not by Sally.

 

Meanwhile, Sally was walking up, she quickly realized Michelle was no where in sight.

“Michelle where are you?” She cried out.

Michelle heard Sally’s cry.

“I got to go. My host is calling me.” Michelle told the townspeople, as she backed away, and began to grow.

Sally was stunned to see a speck emerge from a nearby town and grow into Michelle.

“What kind of size range, to you have?” Sally asked in wonder.

“I can shrink to 500 feet in height and grow to 10,000 miles in height. I used to have unlimited growth potential, but Mr. G took it away from me, in exchange for some other abilities.”

“Wow, that’s some range. I’m green with envy. You can shrink small enough to have some Human interaction, yet at the same time grow bigger than I will ever be.”

“I thought you understood. You are destined to be the largest. That why he put a cap on my maximum size, so you can pass it. And you will in nine days.”

“I still have trouble believing that.”

“Why?”

“It’s too hard to imagine. I mean at 10,000 miles plus most of my body would be completely out of the atmosphere. How would I live?”

“I got news for you, your head already at a height where breathing is impossible. But if you want a taste of what it would be like. “ Michelle began to grow and grow, forcing Sally to move back. When she was 1000 miles tall, she looked down at Sally with a mischievous look on her face. Then reached down and grabbed Sally.

“Hey put me down.” Sally cried. But Michelle replied;

“Look at the view.”

Sally had to admit, the view from several hundreds miles up was beautiful. Seeing the curve of the Earth, the continent spread out before her.

“It’s a nice view, but can you please put me down.”

“Sure.” Michelle put Sally back on the ground. Then she shrank back to 37 miles in height.

“Can any other giantess change size like you?” Sally asked.

“Well, Valerie and Annie, spend the day Human sized, then grow into 5 mile tall giantess at night. There an entire race called Sizechangers, that can control their size. The only other being I know, who can change size is Jill, and since she prefers to be doll size, she doesn’t really count as a giantess, although she could grow to 499 feet tall if she wanted to.”

 

Around noon hour, Sally noticed Michelle digging through her luggage. To her shock, she brought out what looked to be burgers and fires. Then she brought out a portable microwave, where she placed her lunch.

“Where do you get that stuff?” Sally asked

“From mega-products, for a fee they enlarge items, so they can be used by mega giantess. The items in my luggage bag change size with me.”

“Have any cans of pop in there?”

“In matter of fact I do. Want one?”

“Yes! I haven’t had a pop is weeks.”

 

Michelle handed Sally, an enormous can of “Super Pop”. It was 10,922 feet tall. While Sally drank her pop, Michelle ate her lunch, leaving crumbs the size of hills on the ground.

 

After lunch, the two goddesses decided to wonder around for a while. As they walked towards the Western United States Michelle told Sally;

“I was talking to some of your subjects. To my surprise, you don’t attempt to rule them.”

“I consider myself above the law, but that doesn’t give me the right to rule people.”

Michelle laughed, the responded with;

“But that’s what GTS-Goddess do. Rule and destroy mortals. I rule my own home world with a firm and fair hand.”

“Do people like your rule?”

“They have a choice?”

“I’m too big to rule. I reached the point where I can’t even see normal Humans.”

“Nonsense. This planet fate is in your hands.”

Sally decided not to respond.

 

To be continued