- Text Size +

As our laughing died down she asked “heh, you good chief? We have celebrating to do, we don’t have time for zoning out”


She snaps in front of my face as I chuckle. “Ok ok, is your mom still throwing that thing?” I ask.


“Oh yea, super exclusive, only the coolest kids… and their families lol.”


“Oh my- did you really just say ‘lol’ out loud? You’re hitting never before seen levels of dork.” I jokingly elbow her as she laughs and retaliates by pushing back into me with her shoulder.


At the moment she impacts me. 


The world stops, time stops, everything’s frozen. Instead of being pushed to the side as any regular logic would dictate, I’m stuck in paralyzed shock as my body is flung to the side. 


Feeling as if I was hit with a train, and then a bus, and then another train. My vision goes dark as I slam into the ground, surrounded by what I could only describe as 30 parachutes falling onto me at once.


I hear the distant scream of Jess.


“Oh my god!” She yelled as if she had accidentally shot me. I feel the ground shake as I hear the sound of her quickly repeating the phrase as it stops above me.


“Zach?! ZACH!” She yells above me as I hear and feel the parachutes slide around me as I’m pulled along with them. Suddenly a blinding light hits my eyes followed by a scream.


“Zach! Oh my god you’re so.. What happened, are you ok??” As my eyes adjust, I look up to see the the towering, beautiful, imax sized face of Jess, looking down at me. Her hands come into view, as if to scoop me up but they pull back. I realized I was wearing nothing but part of the fabric I was surrounded in partially covered me.


“Y-yea I think so, I-ow, uhh, I got hit pretty hard but I’ll be alright.” I try to readjust to a sitting position but every bone in my body feels broken.


“Fuck, I’m so so sorry. We need to get you some help, or at least off the sidewalk…” she goes to pick me up but stops again. “You’re actually really adorable like that.”


“Jess! *ow*”


“Right, sorry, sorry.” She carefully scoops me up in cupped hands and I feel many G’s put on me as she lifts me up into the sky. We were both aware I was wearing nothing but I noticed she had closed her hands around me so she couldn’t see anything. I felt like I was in good hands… 


“Umm, should I take you back to your house or should we figure out a plan at mine?” She asks as she shifts me into one hand, closing it as she awkwardly picks up my clothes and shoves them into my backpack with the other.


“Well, being more reliant on my family sounds like the *ow* last thing I could handle right now, could we regroup at yours?” I yell up at her as she flings my backpack over her shoulder and continues walking.


“I think that should work. ooh!” That was the sound she makes when she thinks of a clever idea, ones that usually aren’t that clever but are adorable nonetheless. Even when she’s skyscraper sized I still love it. The light between her fingers goes out as the outside sounds become muffled.


She turns her hand as I fall into a warm fabric, almost hammock shape but totally surrounding me again. To my understanding I was in her hoodie pocket.


“Sorry, I needed both hands to carry all your shit.” I try my best to readjust as comfortably as I can but I constantly get slammed into her every time she takes a step. This will be quite a ride.