- Text Size +

The next half hour was very productive for Alex. With Jack in the shower, she had free reign to experiment with the remote as much as she wanted. Through her tests, Alex confirmed a few key things:

Firstly, the remote tries it's best to "justify" it's changes. The TV hadn't just become larger, it morphed into a larger model entirely. When used on a coffee mug, it would "snap" between a few standard sizes, rather than smoothly scaling up and down. Tests on furniture, picture frames, and even doorways produced similar results. Living things, coming in all shapes and sizes, weren't subjected to this, at least.

Second, the remote could affect the things it wasn't even used on. Despite Alex's newly elevated stature, her clothes still all fit. Checking the tags, they had all scaled to match her new measurements, despite the remote not going anywhere near them. If everyone but Alex remembered reality as if the changes never happened, then of course her clothes would scale, it wouldn't make sense for Alex to have bought ill-fitting clothes if she had always been this tall.

The last test she wanted to do would need a test subject. And with the sound of the bathroom door opening, Alex knew just who that subject would be. Remote in hand, Alex walked into the hall to meet Jack, nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. As she passed, Jack leaned in for a quick kiss, as he would normally. It was a new feeling for Alex, though, having to lean down slightly to reach Jack. She didn't mind, though. Their new size difference was about to increase further in a second anyway.

Alex pulled Jack closer, pressing her body against his as they kissed with her back against the wall. Jack seemed surprised for a moment, before melting into Alex's embrace. Despite never remembering being this pushy before, the Alex that Jack remembered clearly thought otherwise. With a free hand, Alex pulled the remote from her pocket, pressing it against her back to hide the flash. With Jack distracted, Alex held down the up arrow for a few seconds.

The slight lean that Alex had adopted was quickly becoming impossible to maintain, leading her to slowly bend at the knee further and further to maintain her embrace wit Jack. Her lengthening arm wrapped further around Jack, pulling him even closer to her now towering frame. Her growing hand gripped his shoulder tightly as he shrank smaller and smaller in her grip. Alex broke the kiss as she deactivated the remote, opening her eyes to gaze down at Jack, Towering over him even with her compromised posture. She may have overdone it a bit. Though the look on Jack's face let her know that he certainly didn't mind. He gave her a smile stepping back and continuing on his way to the bedroom for a change of clothes.

Alex stood up straight, not sure exactly how tall she had grown. Standing at her full height, Jack's eye level was at her chest. The top of the doorframe didn't even reach her chin. She was absolutely massive. Reaching her hand up, she was able to palm the ceiling with reach to spare. If she had to guess, she'd say she was somewhere around 7 and a half feet tall. Alex was ecstatic, she'd never felt so powerful before, and Jack seemed to love it too. For the time being, though, this was probably too much. As fun as it was towering over everything, crouching through doorways wasn't ideal. She pressed the down arrow for a split second, taking her down to a more manageable 6'7".

Her little experiment with Jack had proven just as fruitful as it was entertaining. Even with Jack right there as she was growing, he didn't notice a thing. It was like his perception of Alex had updated on the fly, memories and all. As long as she could find a way to hide the flash of light, Alex could stealthily use the device anywhere she wanted. The possibilities were endless.

Alex heard Jack emerging from the bedroom, now clothed. "So babe, I was thinking Chinese for dinner tonight, if that's OK with you." Jack called out, walking towards the living room.

"Actually, I have a better idea." Alex responded, entering the living room herself. "You want to go out to eat tonight? My treat."

Jack thought for a second, before a smile spread across his face. "Well, in that case..." He closed the takeout app and put his phone in his pocket. "Let me change into something a bit nicer."

"Perfect, I'll be ready in a sec." Alex responded, heading to her own room to change. Tonight was going to be fun.