- Text Size +

"Holy shit..." Alex muttered to herself, still in shock from what had just happened. The realization of just how insane this was was just hitting her now. She gave herself a once over, making sure she was alright at her reduced stature. There was no pain, no strange feelings, and she could move around just fine. She did notice something strange though. The remote hadn't just shrunk her down, but altered her proportions somewhat. Her limbs were shorter, and her head was about the same size as it was before the remote went off. Despite being almost a foot shorter than normal, she looked... normal, like someone who was naturally this size would. A closer look at Dusty revealed that he, too, had fairly natural proportions for a cat his size.

Alex calmed herself. The potential things she could do with this remote were limitless, but she had to be careful. She didn't know where this thing came from, there could be side effects she hadn't noticed yet, and obviously being caught with something straight out of a sci-fi movie could cause some issues for her. Her mind raced with possibilities, until she heard the front door opening - her boyfriend, Jack, was home from work, and Alex was still miniaturized.

"I'm home, are you here babe?" Jack called out as he walked in, setting his keys on the counter and taking off his jacket. Alex panicked, she had maybe 15 seconds before Jack was in the room, and she couldn't get anywhere else without risking him seeing her. No other choice, she pressed the remote against herself and pushed down on the up arrow. A massive surge of energy flowed into her, centered on where the remote was in contact with her stomach.

Unlike the unpleasant vertigo she had felt when she was shrinking, the feeling of growing was practically euphoric. It was a warm, tingling sensation, like being wrapped in a heated blanket after out in a blizzard all day. Alex's body expanded outwards and upwards rapidly, quickly returning to her normal height. Her clothes, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, grew along with her, though at a slightly slower pace. The result was a constant feeling of her clothing tightening around her, followed by a release in pressure as they briefly caught up with her growth. Lost in the feeling of the growth, Alex held down the button for just slightly longer than she meant to. The split second of extra growth had put her a few inches taller than normal, somewhere around 5'6". Jack would be here any second, there was no time to re-adjust.

Jack stood at about 5'9", putting him a fair bit taller than Alex normally, but not so much that her "growth spurt" would go unnoticed. Alex just sat down on the couch, and hoped Jack would just say hi and go off to take a shower or something so she had time to figure this out. Jack entered the room.

"Ah, you are home, I didn't hear you respond when I called out to you." Jack said as he walked in. So far, he hadn't noticed anything.

"Oh, I didn't hear you over the TV I guess." Alex responded, trying her best to act normal. She thought she was going to get away with it, until she saw Jack turn to the TV - the TV that was a still larger than it should be. Dusty, too, had emerged from his cat tree, revealing his smaller size to Jack as well.

"Shitshitshit..." Alex mumbled under her breath. There was no chance Jack wouldn't no something was up. How would she explain this to him? She could just show him the remote in action, but what would his reaction be? Especially that she had used it on herself?

"Oh yeah, no big deal. I'm gonna grab a shower quick before dinner. You have anything you wanted in mind?" Jack said nonchalantly, completely ignoring the TV and Dusty. Alex was confused.

"Uhh, no, nothing in mind." Alex responded. "I'm not picky, whatever you want is fine." Jack simply shrugged as he walked towards the bathroom, passing the cat tree on the way. Dusty walked up to Jack to greet him, as he did every day when Jack got home.

"Hey little guy, how's your day been?" Jack gave Dusty a scratch behind the ears, Dusty purring in response. Alex expected Jack to freak out, or at least notice how small the cat was now, but he acted totally normal. He definitely hadn't called him "little guy" before, though. What the hell was going on? Jack could be a bit of an airhead sometimes, but there was no way he'd not notice something like Dusty shrinking. Alex needed to test something, consequences be damned.

Alex got up and moved towards her bedroom, passing Jack on the way. She made sure to stand at her full height as she passed him, emphasizing her new stature. Jack didn't react at all. Even when she looked him directly in the eye, all he did was give her a smile as he closed the bathroom door.

Alex locked the bedroom door behind her, and took a deep breath. This remote could mess with people's heads somehow, alter memories or something. There was no way Jack was that dense, right? If she was really the only one who noticed the changes the remote made, then...

There was a standing mirror in Alex's room. She hadn't gotten a good look at herself since she had grown, but now she had some time to herself. The extra few inches had done wonders for Alex's already decent proportions. Her legs seemed longer, her jeans hugging her thighs nicely. Her shirt had grown as well, but still fit tighter than it normally did, showing off her waist and chest a bit more than she was used to. She liked it, to say the least, who knew a little boost in height could make such a difference?

The remote was still in her pocket. Alex pulled it out, and turned it over in her hands. This tiny thing could change reality to her will, and it was just dropped on her doorstep out of the blue. She didn't know where this thing came from, or how it worked, but none of that mattered right now. The power that she held in her hands was intoxicating. If a three inch boost to her height felt this good, what would more feel like? Before giving it much thought, her thumb was already pressed down on the up arrow.

The feeling of growth returned, feeling even more intense now that Alex was prepared for it. Standing in front of the mirror, Alex could watch the process in action. Her legs stretched outwards first, being the source of most of her increased height. Her jeans stretched out with them, her calves and thighs filling out the denim as they grew. As her torso grew to catch up with her lower half, Alex's shirt started to ride up, unable to keep up with her expanding form and exposing her midriff. When she let go of the button, Alex was a bit over 6 feet tall, with proportions that would make models jealous. It felt positively euphoric, and Alex couldn't wait to look down at Jack next time she talked to him.