- Text Size +
Lexi was up in her room, tuckered out from a loaded day, shimmying into bed for the night while her parents discussed the new job opportunity downstairs ; Lexi's mom pacing around with some anxiety as was usually the case.

"W-Well we did want her to find a new job..." Lexi's dad said sheepishly, trying to put a positive spin on the news that his daughter was to be the spokeswoman for the Snack Shack in downtown Minitropolis

"Yeah, as a waitress or ... heck ANYTHING but now she's going to be some kind of sponsor?" Lexi's mom scoffed, "is she going to be doing like live demonstrations or something?"

"Look... I'm not thrilled about it either..." Lexi's dad said, although his concerned tone was somewhat contradicted by a half smirk that he was trying to hide.

"...but?" Lexi's mom sighed, already sensing that word was coming

"Well ... you have to admit... it IS kinda cool..." Lexi's dad said with a bit of a non-chalant shrug, perhaps indicating where Lexi got her youthful optimism from, "...I mean our daughter is a superhero, she helps people ..."

"Psh, she's a menace..." a distant voice muttered, overhearing the whole exchange.

"I... I don't know hon..." Lexi's mom sighed, still talking to her husband while his cell phone remained plugged in on the kitchen counter.

"Look at this way..." Lexi's dad sighed, "we both know she's going to keep doing what she's going to do ... she's growing up ..."

"Interesting choice of words..." Lexi's mom sighed

"Huh. I didn't even mean to make that one..." Lexi's dad smirked, perhaps passing down his sense of humor to young Alexis Cole as well.

Somebody else was not so amused though.

Their name was Scott Travis, a prickly man with perfectly trim blonde hair and a grim look in his grayish eyes as he listened in on the conversation via surveillance. He was joined by a police officer from the Mini Troop, officer Carl Scolex as the pair monitored the Cole residence from within a silver van parked across the street that simply screamed suspicious.

Back inside the Cole residence, Lexi's father would place a hand of comfort on Lexi's mother's shoulder.

"Hey ... it's going to be fine, yknow?" he shrugged, "besides ... she's going to be pulling in mad bank ... isn't that what the kids say? Mad bank?"

"Oh lord..." Lexi's mom sighed, rolling her eyes but putting a hand lovingly on his, "Even if you WERE a kid hon, I don't think that's what they say..."

"Y'know..." the remiss officer Scolex sighed from inside the surveillance van, "I could get in big trouble for this ..."

"I'm one of the top engineers at CyberTek" Scott said with a bit of an indifferent tone as the two continued to monitor the conversation as it tailed off, "I have just as much to lose if not more ... but I want to see this ... ShrinkGirl brought to justice..."

"As much as I want to help you ..." Carl said, "The tech that was stolen from your facility was traced back to Roxie..."

"It's possible she got away with some kind of heist too but I know ShrinkGirl is in on this somehow... heck, maybe they're working together" Scott said "I don't know, but there's something about her I don't trust ... everywhere she goes, some kind of trouble follows ..."

"Still, how do you think she does it?" Officer Scolex asked, "...the shrinking, I mean?"

"Hell if I know..." Scott shrugged, "My company isn't too far off in figuring out matter transmutations ... but seeing as how Enormo has been working on that gig for years, figure it's better to let my competition burn themselves out on those concepts while we at Cybertek invent truly revolutionary technology"

"I will admit..." Officer Scolex said, able to see the inside of the Cole residence kitchen through a grainy but still visible black and white feed, "that nano-drone you gave me to implant on their phone is pretty ingenius..."

"....ah, admittedly ... that's not one of ours..." Scott said, muttering to himself a bit

"Oh? Then where did you get it from?" the inquisitive Officer asked

"Dr. Max" Giovanni said, knocking on the nocturnal doctor's door as he stood in the threshold of the lab which was dimly lit by an array of computer monitors of various brightnesses.

Standing idly around Max were the Maximite robots, currently dormant but leaving an unsettling feeling of dread that they could snap to life at any moment. The gray haired, quirky and overworked scientist was truly beginning to take on the form of a generic 80s villain more and more as time passed it seemed.

"Please..." Dr. Max said, his voice a bit quieter than usual as he continued wrapping up work on his current project "No need to be so formal ... you're practically family, Dr. Giovanni..."

"Well, I do appreciate that ..." Dr. Giovanni said, "and in fact that's what I was going to mention to you ... I really appreciate you giving me a place to stay and all but I feel like I should ... well, pay my way in some fashion"

"Not to worry..." Dr. Max said, turning his attention to another project of his, as a screen to his immediate right showed grainy footage resembling a forest from overhead. "I was actually thinking you and I could collaborate on something big"

"Oh yeah?" Giovanni asked curiously, "and what would that be?"

"I say ... we finish what you started" Dr. Max replied cryptically, encouraging his former colleague to have a better look at the screen he was looking at, revealing that he was close to tracking down the location to Giovanni's former lab, what was left of it.

Giovanni simply looked on in interest, not sure exactly what to say.

----

The clouds were a bright and sparkling shade of white that clear beautiful day in Minitropolis, and Lexi should know. She was about tall enough to see them without craning her head up. Wait ... what??

Lexi looked around, bewildered before hearing a cocophony of noise fill her ears. She would look down in shock to see a car ... about the size of a toy. But it wasn't alone. It moved along at a snail's pace on the road below her along with a gridlock of traffic that all hummed and honked their horns.

"W-What's happening??" Lexi asked herself, feeling remarkably aware of her surroundings all of a sudden.

Like a mother anxiously trying to tip toe in a kitchen littered by her child's LEGOs, Lexi too would try to step carefully around the city and not crush any of the tiny toy cars. Except ... they weren't tiny, and they weren't toys.

"The hell is happening...?" Lexi thought again, looking down at her hands and body. She was MEGA ... actually MEGA. Or maybe even giga? "Awwwww... this is what I get for arguing semantics with Leah..."

Lexi looked down uncomfortably, noticing that although she was easily 100 feet tall, if not bigger, there seemed to be no reaction. The cars weren't beeping at her, they were beeping at each other. She was simply observing the day to day traffic of the city from a viewpoint that would make most news traffic cams envious.

"H-Hello?" Lexi said shyly, suddenly cutting out all the noise. Not it seemed to be only her voice occupying the space and it echoed wildly. "C-Can anybody ... s-see me?"

While Lexi was afraid to get the logical answer, the people and cars below suddenly stopped as if frozen in time.

Then came a thundering applause and chants of her name.

"LEXI!! HELLO LEXI!! LEXI!! NICE TO SEE YOU LEXI!! WE LOVE YOU LEXI!!"

Lexi looked down shyly as the noises resumed as normal, but now the cars and people WERE aware of her presence. But the fact that they were so ecstatic to see her seemed more surprising than the shift in size itself. Wouldn't most logical people be terrified of a kaiju sized woman?

"Oh. Kaiju..." Lexi thought to herself, "THAT was the word I was thinking of when trying to describe bigger sizes to Leah... wait Leah ... where is she? Maybe she'll know what to do"

But before Lexi could even begin to wonder where her best friends place was, she heard more admirers shouting up to her, a couple of the guys down on the street even wolf whistling.

"Heya baby!!" one of them cried out, their voice seemingly more distinct than the others. It was ... Will?

The guy from the Crazy Jester card shop who made the little Dungeons and Dragons figures ... but ... how? Lexi had rarely spoken to him. She was surprised he even remembered her, let alone would be flirting.

"Um... hi..." Lexi said shyly, her voice surprisingly not deafening to the public, it even seemed to match the little ones in volume.

"You're so sexy, giant Lexi!" Will chuckled, giving her a wink.

"Um... th-thank you?" Lexi sighed, "I'd uh ... pet you or something but ... I'd be afraid of uh ... smushing you..."

To make matters weirder, an element of laughter began to resonate around her, as if she were on a cheesy sitcom.

"It wasn't ... that funny..." Lexi stammered, a bit visibly bothered, which only seemed to prompt more of the meta-existentialist laughter.

"Actually this wouldn't be meta existentialism..." Chris said, her philosophy majoring know it all friend suddenly floating by her on a bubble as if in a Mario game. "Meta existentialism is concerned with questions about the nature of existence, the meaning of life, and the nature of consciousness... this is more like ...an anomoly of sorts... or maybe irony since your name is ShrinkGirl...well not your REAL name ... but hey now we're getting into identity philosophy..."

"Oh good lord, not now, Chris" Lexi sputtered, before realizing how absurd the entire thing was. Chris was suddenly able to fly? She was a giant woman being hit on by bystanders as people cheered for her? There was only one logical solution.

"This has to be a dream!" Lexi thought confidently.

"Or maybe it isn't a dream" Chris interjected, again reading her thoughts somehow, "and your mind is just trying to rationalize what is otherwise a ..."

Lexi sighed and walked carefully around the prattling know it all. Right or wrong, she was still careful to avoid the little people and cars on the road, noticing a potential issue ahead.

A popular bridge in the city thats used to get across from one side of town to the other was out completely, seemingly as if ripped apart by a missile or something. This left traffic from both ends stymied and created quite the flummox.

"Lexi!! Help us!!" the small people in the cars seemed to yell out.

"M-Me? Help you?" Lexi said, sounding unsure of herself still before finally giving into the collective cries for help. Dream or not, she had to admit to herself that being giant was kind of cool, even if not scary in a sense. She carefully plucked up a car and floated it with her hands over to the other side, getting an appreciative wave and nod from the driver.

She blushed and did the same for another car and another, as the cheering grew louder. She had never imagined she had a future as a traffic regulator, let alone one that stood at such a colossal height.

Upon picking up anothe car, she'd pause, staring down at the driver and car with a bit more intent in her eyes.

"Wh-what the hell am I doing?" Lexi asked herself uneasily, drawing even a slightly frightened stare back from the family in the car.

She found her hand moving slowly towards her chest before suddenly blinking again, back in bed as her familiar bedroom lay in twilight in front of her. She let her arms relax at her sides and sputtered a few times.

"Fuckin' Mara..." Lexi would mumble very softly as she smushed her head back into the pillow almost stifling a giggle.

What a strange dream ... although Lexi had to admit ... she didn't exactly hate the idea...

A new day would soon be dawning for Alexis Cole and she was going to make the most of it, with a trip to the Mini Mall. While she could use the retail therapy she was also going to meet Chrissy there and get to chat with her for the first time since the incident at the gymnasium involving Roxie and Sugar Rush? Was she nervous? Just a tad but she was also just happy the lines of communication were open.

After bidding adieu to her parents, Lexi would happily make her way out the door and hop into the ShrinkMobile. Of course just like any car that had been sitting out in the sun, the interior was scorching hot. Lexi sighed and turned on the AC before groaning.

"A million interdimensional features and the AC is somehow lousy..." Lexi shrugged, taking off for the Mini Mall.

Unfortunately finding parking would be a chore but it was then Lexi got the bright idea to simply pull off to the side, shrinking the car and then stepping out before growing herself back and putting the miniaturized Shrinkmobile into her purse along with her one of a kind gold and purple "SG" medallion. Sure it made the purse a bit more bulky than most, but one can never be too safe.

Speaking of safety ... or something related ... Mara was having a little TOO much fun at her new job at Spencer's Gifts, eliciting many silly giggles from her coworkers while she preached the importance of safe sex.

"So you put it on your head..." Mara chuckled, wearing a ridiculous looking beanie that looked like a rubber chicken with the straggly legs dangling to either side of her face. As her coworkers laughed, they also pointed out a customer coming up from behind. But this wasn't just any customer, it was Mara's well known silly friend Lexi.

"Oh heya Lexi luv" Mara chuckled, spinning around really quick so that Lexi nearly became a victim of the dangerous chicken props' unforgiving rubber legs.

"Soooo this is what you do all day?" Lexi chuckled a bit

"Hey it's a lot harder than it looks ..." Mara pouted, showing Lexi her finger which had a small bandage on it, "I burned myself on a lava lamp the other day..."

"Awww poor baby..." Lexi teased, which caused Mara in turn to cross her arm in frustration.

"Anyways..." Mara sighed, taking off the chicken hat for now and setting it among other bizarre props that the store sold, "what brings you in today? Oh, are we finally doing the chains and whips thing?"

"Mara...." Lexi smirked, in a high pitched whisper, "we promised we wouldn't talk about that in public..."

The two ladies chuckled again for a moment before Lexi's face appeared a bit more serious

"Everything okay?" Mara asked

"W-Well, I had my meeting with Chrissy..." Lexi sighed

----

The meeting had taken place not even a few minutes prior to Lexi stopping in on Mara, down at the Mini Mall food court. Of course before her blonde friend arrived, Lexi sought counsel from a familiar source, her elbow slumped over on a colorful bar counter decorated with dark red and chrome.

"I realize this shouldn't be so hard..." Lexi sighed, venting her frustrations to the bartender as a frosty chocolate milk shake slid her way, she nodded with appreciation and took a sip, "but ... mmmmm... damn, this is good... Henry, this may just be your best yet ... how do you do it?"

"...Whatever..." the disgruntled middle aged Shake Stand worked grumbled

"Ohhhh I get it..." Lexi said, with a bit of a sly grin, "Don't give out the formula ... probably a smart idea ... don't worry though your secret's safe with me"

"Okay..." Henry sighed, turning away to clean up some spilled chocolate milk liquid as Lexi prattled on

"I just don't know though ... you know ... I haven't seen my friend since ... well .. you know the whole incident..." Lexi said, pausing for some kind of reply from Henry. Alas, that reply never came so Lexi decided to keep talking instead "but ... the fact that she wants to talk to me again ... that's gotta be a good sign, right?"

Henry shrugged as he continued cleaning his counter, just hoping that his shift would end soon.

"You're right Henry ..." Lexi smiled, "I can't worry about this stuff too much ... I've gotta just be myself and ... go from there... you're alright, yknow that?"

"Whatever..." Henry grumbled as Lexi left the man a tip, a crisp $1 bill before walking away sipping her milkshake in glee.

Lexi had her half finished smoothie in hand and was feeling pretty good about meeting ...

"Chrissy!" an ecstatic but slightly surprised Lexi exclaimed, almost bumping into her

"Heh, you gotta watch where you're going ..." Chrissy quipped, helping her wayward friend to a nearby seat while she sat in the chair across from her, "it is nice to see you again though ... seriously..."

Lexi turned a sort of light red as she continued to sip her smoothie, almost in an obnoxious fashion until it became a slurping. It was as if she thought she could hide from the conversation if she just kept sipping on chocolate milk.

"Well?" Chrissy asked, in an almost incredulous tone as she paused for Lexi's response, "don't you have anything you want to say?"

Lexi chuckled a bit, trying not to snort and addressed her cute blue eyed friend with an obvious observation

"Ummm... I like your hair ..." Lexi stuttered, "is that uh ... is that blonde?"

"Omigod, you know it is..." Chrissy giggled, "but ... I've missed you ... you always find ways to make me laugh"

"Huh. I try..." Lexi said, sounding a bit more somber about it. The last time they saw each other in person it wasn't really a laughing matter, and they hadn't seen each other since. Lexi's legs rattled under the tabletop as she felt nervous, not quite sure what to say, "...Chrissy, I am SO sorry about..."

"No." Chrissy sighed, putting her hand on Lexi's briefly before removing it. Lexi turned a brighter red but just nodded an dlistened. "I'm sorry ... I ... I didn't know what to say and I was scared... it's not like you told that crazy blonde chick to drop a bomb on me..."

"You never should've been involved in that..." Lexi lamented, "I'm so sorry Chrissy ... I'm just glad the police were able to ..."

"Yeah ... I know..." Chrissy nodded a bit, seemingly trying to glaze over the topic altogether, "But ... look ... I ... I wanted to thank you and also ... well, I have some news... it's not ... really great news..."

"Oh?" Lexi asked, already expecting the worst.

"I'm moving ..." Chrissy sighed, "I won't be returning to Miniborough University next semester..."

"Oh Chrissy no..." Lexi pouted

"It's my dad ... he's super protective..." Chrissy sighed, rolling her eyes

"So this IS my fault..." Lexi sighed in despair

"No ... No ... look... I'm only okay BECAUSE of you ... and my dad ... well, he may have a point ... I love the people here but it's also ... not safe in this city ... I mean, we can't expect one ShrinkGirl to clean up EVERYTHING" Chrissy said with a cheeky smirk

"Heh ... yeah ... still sounds weird to hear you call me that by the way..." Lexi chuckled a bit

"Sounds weird to say ..." Chrissy admitted, "So you can really shrink, huh?"

Lexi just gave a sheepish shrug and another playful sip of her chocolate smoothie rather than answering.

"Heh, maybe you can show me sometime?" Chrissy asked, blushing herself. If Lexi didn't know any better she would think she's being flirted with, but nobody had ever asked her to ... shrink for them, besides maybe Leah a few times.

"Um... s-sure maybe ... yeah..." Lexi chuckled nervously

"But anyway ... I'm having a kind of ... get together at my dorm tomorrow evening ... sort of one last hurrah with the gang ... Mara's coming and you can bring Leah if you'd like ..." Chrissy said, giving Lexi a look of genuine care and understanding, "I know you feel bad about what happened but I've always thought of you as ... well, the peppy cheerleader girl ... in fact I could ask the coach about letting you take over as cheer captain next semester"

"Oh Chrissy ... I ... heh, I appreciate it but I don't even know if I'd have time" Lexi sighed

"Oh right, gotta save the world and all..." Chrissy said, "also ... I heard you were missing for a few weeks? Everything okay?"

"Uh yeah ... that's uh ... a whole thing..." Lexi sighed rolling her eyes as she tried to forget the nightmare of her "almost wedding" "but I'm back now, and that's what's important"

"Heh I'm sure whatever bad guy messed with you is sorry they did" Chrissy said, trying to sound encouraging even as it came off a bit campy, "Heh ... sorry... wasn't trying to joke"

"It's cool" Lexi grinned, "I really missed your smile..."

"Heh I bet you missed more than that ..." Chrissy grinned, again putting her hands on Lexi's

"Okay for real here!" Lexi giggled a bit, "Am I picking up a vibe or am I just ... not getting the hint?"

"Oh I think you know ..." Chrissy smirked, before leaning in and kissing Lexi on the cheek, "Thanks for saving me, ShrinkGirl"

Lexi sputtered almost instantly

"So you knew??" Lexi gasped, "that I ..."

"Had a crush on me?" Chrissy shrugged, "Sorry but ... yeah..."

"And you...?" Lexi asked, a bit confused

"I just kissed ya, didn't I?" Chrissy shrugged, beginning to get up now, "and my offer still stands by the way, if you wanna ... show me what you can do..."

Lexi could practically feel the icy cold sensation of her smoothie melting against her tempid palms.

"Uh ... uh ..." Lexi muttered, like a computer that had caught a virus,

"Anyway, I wish I could stay and chat..." Chrissy sighed, "but my dad wants me home soon and then I gotta start packing but I hope to see you tomorrow"

"I wouldn't miss it!" Lexi said enthusiastically, trying not to stare too much at Chrissy as the flirtatious blonde made her way off and she buried herself in her smoothie for a few moments.

----

"Soooo that's KIND of a happy ending, right?" Mara asked, having heard Lexi recount the whole story of their meeting, "and hey, we're gonna get so trashed at Chrissy's party tomorrow..."

"Heh, she left that part out ..." Lexi blushed, not being huge into drinking but on occasion she'd indulge.

"Well, yeah ... it kinda sucks that she's leaving..." Mara pouted, "but we're going to give her the best possible send-off, yknow? I was thinking of maybe inviting some of my fairy friends..."

"Spark and Lark?" Lexi asked, a bit confused

"Nooooo, not them ... they're cool too though, let's just say I know some fairies who are into some really crazy shit" Mara giggled with a guilty grin

"Oh boy..." Lexi sighed

"They probably won't come anyway" Mara shrugged, "no offense but they find humans kind of lamesville..."

"Did THEY say "lames ville" or did you?" Lexi asked skeptically

"Is that really important?" Mara asked, as she was called away by a coworker, "Anyways ... I gots to go I suppose ... I'll see you tomorrow, we're gonna get trashed! Gonna be great!"

Lexi sighed and offered her bubbly red haired friend a grin and a wave as she departed, her smoothie all but empty now as she had been nursing it for the past few minutes while just killing some time after her talk with Chrissy.

As Lexi made her way out of the Spencer's Gift Store she couldn't help but thinking she wasn't quite ready to head home yet but she also didn't have much else to do. She would've loved to have spent more time with Chrissy but unfortunately Chrissy had to go.

Lexi shrugged it off and decided to do what she'd usually do in these kind of situations and engage in some retail therapy, simply walking through the mall with no clear destination. As she walked though, she couldn't help but glance up towards the upper level, seeing a girl briefly make eye contact with her.

The girl was positively stunning, a bit on the tall side but none of that is what grabbed Lexi's attention.

No, the most attention grabbing features on this particular woman would be those glowing purple eyes with the wavy hair to match....