- Text Size +
Leah's breath was terse as she held her cell phone nervously awaiting a call from anyone and hopefully some good news. She paced around the area just outside Chrissy's dorm after having spent some time up in the room and marching back down the stairs. It seemed to be an endless march of agony that involved Leah checking on Chrissy ... seeing that she still wasn't responsive, and then returning downstairs, hoping to see the single twinkling light of Mara's moped as it made its way back, although at this point it was closer to dawn than dusk.

Just as it seemed Leah was about to make another return trip into the room in order to check on Chrissy, she got a call, her hands shaking to answer it.

"Anything?" Leah asked frantically. The voice on the other end was their friend Josh

"She found her..." Josh said, happy to able to say that even as he feared the other part of Mara's ominous update on Lexi's status which he would now try to relay to Lexi's best friend.

Leah let out a long sigh of relief, her heart still racing but beginning to self regulate as she focused more than ever on the entrance into campus and the possibility of seeing Mara (or heck, Josh) with their friend in tow.

"...the thing is ..." Josh said nervously.

"What? Is she okay?" Leah asked, noticing Mara's mini moped speeding its way into view. Almost instinctively, Leah shook her head at the cell phone and hung up hastily, perhaps not even saying goodbye.

Josh sighed on the other end, figuring something must've come up for Leah as she looked over at something he had been working on, although a master scientist he was not. He frowned as he examined what appeared to be a strange yellow-ish liquid in a small vial. That he had even gotten as far as he had astounded him, but he didn't trust himself quite yet to make that next step. He did have Dr. Hilfmann's number on speed dial however ...

Leah came jogging over to meet Mara in the parking lot as the still hungover red-head came to an slow but wobbly stop on the bike. Mara sighed, giving Leah a nervous smile. She expected some kind of warm reception but she wasn't even ready for the degree to which Leah greeted her, seemingly perched right by her as if a kid on Christmas morning waiting for Santa.

"I've um... I've got her..." Mara said softly

"Yeah, Josh told me!" Leah said, her voice ecstatic as she momentarily forgot the grief that the girls had underwent in the past handful of hours that felt like an eternity. "Wh-Where is she?"

"Ummmm... uh... hoo boy..." Mara sighed, hoisting Lexi's purse onto her shoulder.

"Is she ... in the purse? Is she shrunk?" Leah asked

"She is ... shrunk... yes..." Mara said nervously, "but she's not in the purse..."

"Then where is she?" Leah asked, a bit worried as she watched Mara bite her lip, her eyes motioning to just below the busty elf's neckline. "...oh no, you didn't..."

Mara gulped nervously.

"Mara ... you put her in your bra?" Leah said, almost whispering as if the two were sharing confidential secrets, "...we agreed you wouldn't do that unless we all got really wasted one night and she agreed to it ... and even then!"

"Leah ... I was kind of limited on options..." Mara sighed, looking genuinely sorry about it even as it partially pleased the lusty elfen girl.

"Okay okay ... you did what you had to do..." Leah frowned, "not like I could've done any better ... now can I please see my best friend?"

"Ummm... well...? That's going to depend on your vision, luv..." Mara frowned, licking her finger slightly and pressing it against her boob where she suspected Lexi to be, only able to make out a tiny silver speck that gleamed in the sunlight. Leah looked on, slightly appalled.

"Mara what are you doing? You're going to hurt her..." Leah whimpered

"Honestly? Gonna be really hard for us not to hurt her ... look..." Mara whimpered, only able to hold up her finger, the saliva acting as a way to keep Lexi on board as her gum wrapped dress soaked it in and in the process clung itself tighter to her body.

Lexi herself stirred, awake enough when Mara had plucked her from the breast to feel it but it was only now sinking in again how small she was as Leah's planet sized eye looked down at her. Lexi gulped and waved her teeny tiny hand up at her gargantuan universe sized best friend.

"Lexi?" Leah said, choking up as if about to cry, "No no no no no... this... this can't be her..."

"Geez... nice to see you too..." Lexi squeaked, before realizing neither girl could hear her.

"Is she ... wearing a gum wrapper?" Leah asked Mara in a soft whisper although it still sounded pretty loud to Lexi where she stood, flopping her arms to the side in utter defeat.

"Yes Leah!!" Lexi squeaked, this time a bit louder but it still was hard to make out as the giant brunette leaned in to make out Lexi's tiny features and petrified little face. "It's me!! Please!! Help me!!"

"I'm sorry?" Leah said with concern, "I ... I can't hear you hon ... can you speak up a little?"

Lexi just slumped down on Mara's fingertip, exhausted.

"I think she IS speaking up" Mara said with a frown.

"Okay okay ... this is bad ... this is bad..." Leah sighed, resuming an anxious ritual of hers in which she'd pace around, the very sight of it making Lexi a bit dizzy as she watched the city sized human moving about in circles, "we gotta ... we gotta find a cure ... or something ... wait, Chrissy! I gotta check on Chrissy... cmon Mara, bring Lexi up!"

"NO!!" Lexi squeaked, so loud that Leah actually DID hear it, as did Mara, "Chrissy can't see me like this..."

"Y-Yeah, I kinda promised Lexi..." Mara said with a nod, "that nobody see her this way besides ... well us..."

Leah sighed but strangely understood the logic.

Grave danger or not, nobody wanted their "crush" to see them that way.

"Okay ... well ... what is the plan then?" Leah asked

"Well, I told Lexi on the way as I was talking to Josh ... he may have something ..." Mara explained, "those gems that made Lexi grow to giant size from the other dimension ... they may be effective in growing her back to normal size..."

"Yeah? Yeah! That makes sense!" Leah said, sputtering a bit. At this point she only wanted to restore her best friend and wasn't thinking completely logically, "so ... are we bringing her to Josh now?"

"That's the plan anyway ..." Mara sighed before pausing, looking down at Lexi, "actually ... we should probably keep her somewhere else ... for safe keeping..."

Leah gave Mara a bit of a disgusted glare.

"No, not the bra again ... okay maybe the bra again but somewhere else ... somewhere more equipped to ... handle somebody of her ... well... size..." Mara stuttered awkwardly, realizing immediately that she had offended the tiny brunette speck on her fingertip but she could only shrug at that point, "the time for mincing words is over, Lexi ... you ... you ARE pretty small..."

"...and what happened to her original clothes?" Leah asked

"CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT ALL THIS RIGHT NOW?!" Lexi squeaked, the words hard to make out but the tone understandable enough.

"S-Sorry Lex..." Leah sighed

"So... I'll bring Lex to the fairy colony ... you get in touch with Josh and see how quickly he can make a cure with that growth gem thingy..." Mara said, pouting as she held Lexi in her finger and turned away.

"Sounds like a plan ..." Leah said with a determined nod, "Just gonna check on Chrissy real quick..."

---

Back in Fensteria, Spark was hard at work on a mission and it was taking all of her stealth and cunning to pull it off as she leaned down, her vision a bit obscured by the darkness that dwelled in front of her. She sputtered and coughed as a thick cobweb gave way to her hand swiping by.

"Ugh... this was not our best idea..." Spark groaned and sighed, only her back half sticking out from under the bed.

"Well you're the one who wanted to play hide and seek..." a distant voice resonated from under the fairy's sleeping area, which caused her eyes to dart about, suddenly filled with newfound enthusiasm about catching her tiny "prey" "...oh shoot"

As the game was afoot, Spark was unaware that she was being watched, by a red-haired elf named Mara who almost had to giggle watching Spark from behind as her back lurched up and down a bit and she tried to shimmy deeper under her bed.

"This is totally cheating!!" Chris squeaked, being seized up in the fae's fingertips after she had him cornered. She'd slowly slide herself out, unaware that Mara was backing up to give her room, lest they bumped into one another.

"Well it doesn't matter, huh?" Spark smirked smugly, dangling her little "prize" in front of her eyes before turning real quick, "because I've got ... Mara?"

"Oh no. Carry ... carry on..." Mara giggled shyly, holding Lexi in her tightly gripped hand as she watched the adorable scene play out.

"H-Hey!! Careful with me, Mara!" Lexi whined, struggling a bit to move

"Oop, sorry..." Mara whimpered

Spark leaned in with great surprise to see somebody so small in Mara's hand, she leaned in to have a look, also dangling Chris in hers.

"H-Hey!! Miss Spark... I'm falling..." Chris whimpered, trying to hoist himself up before Spark offered him her palm to sit in instead.

"Psh, right?" Lexi squeaked, a bit of levity present in her voice, "it's like these biggos have never handled a small person before"

"Ummm... Lexi?" Spark said, her voice wavering, "I thought you were going to help FIX Chris ... not ... get shrunk yourself..."

"It wasn't my fault!!" Lexi squeaked defensively, waving her arms up at the now giant fairy woman which caused her makeshift dress to sag a little and her other arm to retreat to grab it up. "...I ... yeah..."

"Hah!" Chris squeaked from his place on Spark's palm, "Now LEXI is smaller than a fairy ... let's all tease her and stuff!"

Spark gave Chris a very disapproving look and playfully flicked him in the back of the head

"Ouch ... hey ...." Chris grumbled, shaking a bit, "okay okay ... fine ... geez... how come we got to make fun of me and not her?"

Spark shook her head in disdain and addressed Mara now

"Sorry about that ... anyway ...what happened?" Spark asked

"Well..." Mara sighed, "This witch lady ... wait ... were you playing hide and seek with tiny Chris just now?"

"...can we move on?" Spark sighed, turning red for a brief moment.

As Mara began to explain, Lexi shyly waved to the similarly sized Chris from opposite hands.

"Hey ... what happened to your clothes anyway?" Chris squeaked in curiosity

"Can we move on?!" Lexi squeaked frantically, turning bright red.


----

Elsewhere, Leah was meeting with Josh in his garage/laboratory where Josh showed her a vial containing a yellow liquid and in it were floating shards of some kind.

"That is incredible, Josh..." Leah said, her voice sounding stunned and amazed, "...what is it?"

"You remember those gems Lexi had from the other dimension?" Josh asked. This was strangely a common kind of question to be asking these days, "If these are the same gems that helped her grow, I'm hoping this can act as an antidote..."

"That ... makes sense..." Leah nodded, "I mean as much as anything else ... all I know is Lexi is stuck teeny tiny and can't seem to grow herself back ... so ... we'll try anything ... are you sure this can work?"

"Well I don't know, that's the thing..." Josh sputtered, sounding pretty exhausted himself, he had pretty much stayed up all night either tracking Lexi or working on this project of his. It wasn't exactly easy to distill gemstones into a liquid form, let alone a makeshift size vaccine. "I've tried calling Dr. Hilfmann to maybe go see him and test this out somehow but ... he isn't getting his phone ... probably because it's wicked early in the morning..."

"We may not have time for that" Leah frowned, "and it's not like we can test it on anyone ... neither of us have been shrunk by a witch before ..."

Leah paused a bit before entirely finishing her sentence, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Josh

"You ... HAVEN'T been shrunk by a witch before, right?" Leah asked, "...probably not but I never know with you"

Josh shrugged and gave a goofy grin, "...only once in a D&D campaign"

"Heh ... alright, well hop in my car... and bring the gems and all the stuff you've got ..."

"Sure thing but where are we going?" Josh asked

---

Fenster Forest is where a tense but somehow still semi-relaxed Chris, Mara, Spark and Lexi dwelled. Specifically they could be found atop Spark's bed, sitting there on the soft mattress as eons of awkward silence seemed to go by in between words by either one of them. At this point, Mara was just waiting to hear back from Leah. Spark was waiting to hear back from her siblings, Dani or anyone else who may have an idea on how to restore Chris.

"So ... how come when I shrank my clothes shrank with me?" Chris sputtered a bit, the question coming out of the blue as both Mara and Spark hooded their eyes down at him, "I mean even the time Lexi shrank me my clothes shrank ... and again with Delia ... I'm getting kind of offended honestly ... like you guys don't wanna see me naked or something..."

Lexi, Mara and Spark all gave looks of discomfort as their pupils redirected towards anywhere in the room that wasn't the shrunken elemental wizard. Chris sighed and pouted.

"Okay okay ... enough... I'm embarassed enough as it is..." Chris sighed

"It's not exactly a field day for me either" Lexi squeaked, shrugging and trying to hide the fact that she had spent a good portion of the prior hours crying uncontrollably if she hadn't been in a deep shrink induced sleep. "I'm wearing a fucking gum wrapped for a dress!"

"You know..." Spark said, "I could find you one of my old dresses... maybe shrink it down to your size"

"So wait, you guys can shrink stuff but you can't grow stuff?" Chris asked, "I only mention it because I've noticed you also use a phone your size but it looks like a phone from ... well, our world"

Spark nodded

"Fairy magic is ... kind of finicky..." Spark sighed, "To be honest I was never sure how Mara and her type were able to shrink from their original size down to ours and vice versa... us fairies can't get any bigger... we can't really get smaller either ... we just ... are ... although we have some minimizing spells for shrinking other stuff"

"My type?" Mara giggled, sounding offended to a degree but moreso mockingly, "You can call me an elf, hon... I think we've known each other long enough"

"S-Sorry..." Spark sighed, setting Chris down in Mara's hand as she went to go get something for Lexi to wear. "I'll be right back, you guys"

Lexi just sat dejected, offering a half wave to Chris as he joined her on the platform of Mara's palm.

"So uh ... you ... see any good movies lately?" Chris asked shyly, trying to break the tension.

Lexi offered a half giggle but kind of shrugged

"I'm sorry..." Chris sighed, giving his friend a sincere look of dejection, "sorry you got shrunk like me ..."

"It's fine..." Lexi sighed, "I'm sorry I laughed at you earlier... and I'm sorry I couldn't find a way to fix you ..."

"Hey, it's going to be okay..." Chris sighed, patting Lexi on the shoulder shyly, "I'm sure between these awesome ladies, they'll find some kind of cure"

"You think so?" Lexi asked

"Of course!" Chris said, with a hint of triumph in his voice before momentarily shifting his mood, "...and if they don't, well... I can crash with Spark I suppose and hey, maybe you can stay with the brother...?"

"Mark?" Lexi scoffed ,"I mean ... he's okay but ..."

"Well I guess you could stay with Spark and I ..." Chris shrugged as if this were a real possibility, "I just feel weird volunteering that on her behalf, you know... it's still her room..."

"C'mon you two ... Lexi's not going to spend the rest of her life in a fairy colony place..." Mara scoffed and then paused "...Lexi would stay with me if she stayed small..."

"Thanks Mara..." Lexi squeaked with a slight smile, "knew I could count on you..."

Mara was about to offer her teeny tiny friend a consolatory head pat when her phone rang, she scooped it up and answered the call as Lexi gave Chris a bit of a dazed look

"The heck was that?" Lexi squeaked

"Think it was her phone vibrating but yeah ... sounded kind of like an earthquake..." Chris sighed, sharing in his friends tiny plight.

"Mara, you got Lexi?" Leah asked on the other end of the phone call

"Lexi? Uh ... no I lost her..." Mara smirked, a dopey grin on her face as she bit her lip and the already disgruntled and teeny Lexi facepalmed for a moment, practically able to hear Leah's frustration over the phone, "chill chill... I got her, I got her..."

Spark re-entered the room and offered Lexi a small red dress. Lexi blushed a little and non-verbally accepted it with a nod, to which Spark would lower her hand and Lexi would climb on, giving the giant fairy a bit of a bow as though she were a royal dignitary boarding a limousine.

"Why thank you, Queen Spark..." Lexi tsked, smiling in front of her now giant fairy friend

"Oh please, not you too..." Spark sighed with a half giggle, walking Lexi into the bathroom with the small dress to change, "...it's bad enough I'm MISS Spark..."

"S-Sorry... Miss Spark..." Chris sighed, calling out to the already vanishing Spark as she faded into the background with his like-sized friend.

"Hey, you cool if I set you here on the bed for a bit?" Mara asked, addressing Chris in her palm.

"Y-Yes, Miss Mara ..." Chris whimpered obediently, "I mean ... it's not like I'll be able to GO anywhere"

"You just ... call every lady that's big to you MISS?" Mara asked curiously, whilst raising an eyebrow.

"Seems that way ..." Chris sighed

"Eh, it's kinda cute I guess" Mara said after pondering the notion for just a moment. She then set Chris down on the bed and proceeded out of the fairy's dwelling to go meet Leah and Josh.

After a few moments, Spark brought out the tiny Lexi dressed in her shiny "new" Fensterian dress and set her on the bed by Chris.

"Well?" Lexi blushed, "how do I look?"

"Y-You look great, Lexi" Chris squeaked and blushed

"Awww shucks, thanks Spark for the wardrobe hookup ... although what are these weird holes on the back?" Lexi commented, turning to the side to show that the dress was open around the shoulderblade area.

"They're for wings" Spark shrugged

"Oh right... duh..." Lexi giggled, "...that makes sense"


----

Just on the outskirts of the forest, a now normal sized Mara met her friends Leah and Josh, her emerald eyes gazing curiously upon a shiny vial of yellow substance with crystals floating in it.

"So ... your solution is to inject Lexi with pee?" Mara asked, sounding more than just a bit disgusted

"It's not pee..." Leah sighed, before pausing, "...okay so it kinda looks like pee"

"It's ... growth crystals" Josh said, as if this was the most normal thing in the world to say, "they're from Lexi's time in the other dimension..."

"Ohhhhh... Lexi's time in the other dimension..." Mara said with a long sigh of realization, as if THIS were something normal to be saying, "...and ... this'll work?"

"We... don't know..." Leah sighed in admittance, her hand wavering a bit to signify her current state of confidence

"W-Well wait ... how do we even ... get this IN her? Or Chris?" Mara asked. The syringe was about half the size of a normal vaccine syringe but even so, Lexi and Chris were practically micro at this point, "...I mean ... this would kill them before it even hit them..."

"Shit, she's right..." Leah sighed, her eyes beginning to lose hope

"W-Well ... true..." Josh said, sounding a bit discouraged himself, "m-maybe Trevor has more of those shrinking nanites? We could shrink the vials..."

"Shrink the vials...?" Leah sighed, as if finding the idea unthinkable, "Josh you think we can just ..."

"Shrink the vials?" Spark asked with a grin, as if finishing the sentence from a prior moment that she was not privy too. "That is absolutely possible with a minimization spell ..."

At that particular moment, a now fairy sized Mara stood next to Spark having just explained the proposed solution while holding it carefully in her hand. Spark, who currently held Lexi in Chris in her palm nodded in agreement.

"Okay, so we shrink the vials ... make the vaccine small enough to give Lexi and Chris and BOOM ... you two are in big town again!" Mara said with a goofy grin, before pausing, "...sorry, that sounded much more ... normal in my head"

Lexi shrugged, enjoying the spunky elf's optimism as always.

"It's certainly worth a try" Lexi squeaked, and in a way more touched than anything that all of her friends were going to such an effort to help her and Chris. Even if the solution didn't work, it was all very touching. Of course, she hoped like hell it DID work.

To delve into that question further, Spark and Mara took Lexi and Chris to Dani, the benevolent, if not a tad stoic fairy knight who oversaw Fensteria security along with a similarly stark and well revered guild of fairy warriors. They weren't needed often but on the occasion they were, the colony, particularly mysterious ruler and self proclaimed Queen Esmerelda were always more than grateful for their valiant services.

"So .... I don't understand..." Dani asked, almost seemingly too calm about the current predicament as she completed the minimizing spell with Spark's help and now held an appropriately tiny vaccine needle. "...the male human had been shrunk before ... but now ... the female hero is shrunk too? and why is she wearing one of your fairy dresses?"

"Can we move on?!" Lexi squeaked and hmphed. This was all embarrassing enough for her without diving into the needlessly sexual backstory.

"...and male human?" Chris squeaked, "You've met me like 4 times"

"My apologies..." Dani sighed, "...I'm not ... great with people..."

"Eh, it happens" Chris shrugged, although Lexi gave him a playful jab and a disapproving look as if he had just been rude to their giant fairy knight helper.

"So ... do you think it will work?" Spark asked hopefully

"Well... it's hard to say for sure ..." Dani said, "at this point we're mixing magic with magic ... in this case dark magic versus Quartzarian magic..."

"...you getting all this?" Chris asked Lexi out of curiosity, processing the words he had heard but not quite making sense of them.

"...I get bits and pieces..." Lexi said, admitting that she wasn't 100% familiar with any of this.

"But if this is the essence of Quartzarian Growth magic, it SHOULD work ... however..." Dani said

"However?" Spark asked

"It'll restore their sizes ... or ... rather... enlarge them but I'm not sure how long the effects will last..." Dani explained.

Lexi then remembered that even in her brief battles in the Quartzaria Dimension, the green clad knight Emerald was able to use a growth gem to grow to a giant size but only for a brief time. Strangely enough, Lexi herself was able to grow to a giant size while in the realm but without the aide of a gem.

"...but ... since Alexis is a size shifter..." Dani continued on her explanation, "once their sizes are restored using the gem, she should be able to fully restore them using her own magic..."

"W-Well..." Lexi squeaked shyly, "what I do isn't really ... magic ... I'm not even sure what it is..."

"Your name is Alexis?" Chris asked, finding that to be the relevant tidbit of information in that sentence

"...You didn't know that?" Lexi asked

"Either way ..." Dani said, sounding deathly serious "...assuming this does work, you're all going to want to clear this area ... don't need another giantess incident around here tearing apart the castle walls"

"Ha!" Lexi chuckled a bit, before looking up at Spark and seeing her shake her head. Dani's statement wasn't meant to be taken comically, but it was ironically one of the funnier things Lexi had ever heard Dani say.

"The other thing is ... one of us will have to minimize ourselves temporarily..." Dani said, "in order to properly ... inject them"

"Or we could inject ourselves?" Chris asked shyly

"You trust yourself to innoculate with a magical needle?" Lexi chimed in

"...just do whatever your plan was Ms. Fairy Knight..." Chris sighed

"Miss Fairy Knight...?" Dani asked, confused as all hell as she looked down at the strange little human.

"...You get used to it" Spark smirked, "but that's fine ... I kinda figured as such and well ... I got them into this ... I can be the one to minimize and do it"

"Hey wait ... how'd you get LEXI into this?" Chris asked "she's only shrunk because she ..."

"Can we ...move on?!" Lexi squeaked, again showing noticeable frustration

Spark took a deep breath and Lexi, Chris and Mara all watched as she went down in size, eventually joining Chris and Lexi at their current teeny tiny height and receiving the needle from the "giant" Dani. She took a deep breath and offered the two what she hoped would be a comforting smile.

"Sh-Shall we do this?" Spark asked shyly

"Sure..." Chris sighed but then looked over at Lexi, "Do her first though ... I'm not ... great with needles"

"Oh what a gentleman..." Lexi smirked, offering her arm to Spark, "...for what it's worth, I'm not either but I've sadly had to get used to it since ... well certain things involving my condition have faciliated the need for some injections before..."

"Oh..." Chris replied glumly, "well now I just feel like an asshole"

"Hold still please Lex..." Spark said nervously, holding the human's arm still as best she could "I really don't wanna mess this up"

"You got this Spark" Lexi said with a comforting smile. She was definitely nervous herself for sure but the last thing she wanted to do was further rattle any of the others around her. She was determined to keep the calm and hopefully spread some positivity even as she was less than 50% sure of this solutions probability.

Spark took a deep breath and gently injected Lexi who winced a bit but otherwise felt okay. She'd then do the same to Chris.

"So ... if this does work..." Spark asked, floating up to Dani's face level, "how long do we have until they ... well ... grow?"

"Could be anywhere from 5 minutes to a day..." Dani said

"A day?" Lexi squeaked in surprise, still feeling nothing from the transaction although it had just been moments since she received the magical dose

"I'm not a doctor..." Dani shrugged

"Do you guys HAVE doctors?" Chris asked Spark, "...you must, that was a stupid question ... maybe we should've gone to a fairy doctor... no offense, guys"

"This isn't exactly the kind of thing fairy doctors treat ..." Spark shrugged

"Hey do you guys have a super fancy name for your doctors?" Lexi asked

"Oh yeah ... we call them Fensterian Medicitricians" Spark said proudly

"Really?" Mara asked

"No, that was all made up" Spark giggled.

Lexi sighed and bowed gratefully to the trio who had been so kind to help

"I owe my life to each of you ..." Lexi squeaked shyly, "and Chris too ... thank you so much"

"...I could've said my own thank you ..." Chris whined

"I know you could've ..." Lexi shrugged, "I just figured ... since we were all here..."

"Well you didn't have to show me up ... that's all I'm saying ..." Chris grumbled

"You took care of him for ... 2 days?" Mara asked Spark curiously, "how did you get any sleep?"

Spark held back a giggle, still in her shrunken size as she hoevered around Mara like a little firefly.

"He was actually a delight..." Spark grinned, blowing the tiny man a small kiss from up above.

"So ... now what do we do?" Chris asked nervously

"Now...?" Lexi replied, a sort of silent determination in her voice "...we wait"