- Text Size +

With his last bit of strength Pierre hauled him self up onto the top of the blue berry pile. Each one seemed as large as the town its self so getting here was no easy feat. Exhausted he’s knees felt like jelly as sweat dripped from his face. Wiping his glasses on his shirt he fixed them to his face and gazed out across the shop floor. It was like standing atop the mountains peak. And yet even still there was a ceiling and roof above him. He started to question how he could possibly get out of this situation. The helpful farmer had come in and despite his best efforts to be noticed he was almost crushed by the very basket of berries he now stood upon. Just then the ground started to vibrate. He prayed the berrie pile would hold their form, the last thing he needed was to be crushed by rolling berries. Follow the sound and vibrations he saw his daughter. Her purple hair shook with every step she took as her boots made contact with the ground. It sounded like a meteor crashing into the valley. Her head was down as she maneuvered a broom around the shop floor. Despite her slow exaggerated movements, it wasn’t long before she was towering over top of berry pile. Pierre let out a roar of celebration as his daughter’s hand came towards him. Pinching the berry, he held onto between her thumb and pointer finger as she raised it up towards her face. Tears ran down Pierres cheeks as he thanked his daughter for saving him. The berry was brought close to her eye as she rolled it slightly left and right between her fingers. Pierre desperately cried out for mercy as his daughter put him through a roller coaster worse than anything he had been on in the Big City. Then he watched in absolute horror as the berry lowered to being inline with the tip of her nose. Peering over the edge he sees his daughter tilt her head back slightly as her mouth opened. Her tongue slid out from between her wide lips like a monster from a movie. A sickening sound of saliva as the muscle extended beneath him.

“Abigail??… ABIGAIL!!!” He screamed as the pressure from her fingers was released.

Freefalling above the berry he watched it hit her tongue and roll like a bowling ball into her gaping maw. Pierre hit her tongue and had a much more gradual decline. As soon as he made contact, he was soaked by the layer of saliva coating the muscle and his face was burned by his daughter’s hot breath. The tongue retreated into her mouth and dragged the dust sized screaming man along with it. Inside was even worse! Pierre was treating water in his daughter’s mouth as he listened to the sounds of her mouth working. The tongue moved the berry around as it was crushed beneath her teeth. The sweet smell of the berry contrasting the dank smell of her saliva was enough to finally make him hurl. As Abigail savoured the berries flavours, she spread its juices all through her mouth. The sugary taste assaulted him as bits of berry rammed into him in the pitch black. The chaos came to brief pause and he thought maybe the worst was over. Then he felt him self raising up into the air as the saliva around him started to flow down hill. In the dark Pierre couldn’t tell what direction to swim in. But it wouldn’t matter as the near micro man was dragged screaming down his daughter’s throat.

 



Abigail eventually circles back around to the cash register on the counter. Looking over, she notices a basket of fresh blueberries sitting on top of it. Picking one up between her fingers, she inspects it briefly before popping it into her mouth. She rolls it around on her tongue a couple times before squashing it between her teeth. Juice shoots out across her taste buds as sweetness fills her mouth. Her eyes light up, and she finds herself with renewed vigor. That single berry was surprisingly refreshing. Inspecting her handy work once more, she laid the broom back by the door where she found it, brushing her hands against each other to knock the dust off. With a self-serving nod of approval, she headed for the front door. In the back of her mind, images of the definitely not cute farmer were starting to emerge again. Maybe if she waited by the lake, she could see them on their way to the mines… The bell on the door chimed as she exited to the town’s main plaza as silence felled the storefront. The drifting dust still settling. 

Chapter End Notes:

Back Story:
Following the release of the original story I was persuaded to write an alternate ending detailing the fate of another resident of the Valley. Consisting of 810 words I had this sitting in my archive and never intended to release but everyone I showed it to privately loved it even more then the original full story so here it is! Please let me know what you think!