- Text Size +

            “Honey! I'm home!” Miriam proudly declared as she walked through an imaginary door onto the beach.

            “Get anything good at the supermarket?” Lanz asked. He was sitting on their rock table, perusing a leaf like it was a newspaper.

            “You bet.” Miriam slammed a freshly killed hog onto the table, knocking her tiny lover off into the sand below. Her greasy, black hair was now two inches in length, matching the dark bird's nest covering Lanz's scalp. In addition, Lanz had developed an unruly beard, completing the ‘stranded survivor’ look. “How was work today?”

            “Same old rat race,” Lanz huffed, brushing sand off his backside. A pile of anchovies sat on a tarp over by the campsite. “Though, I might be due a promotion soon.”

            “That's wonderful, dear!” Miriam took a seat and picked up Lanz, setting him on her outstretched thigh. “You deserve a reward for all your hard work. How does a foot rub sound?” She pinched the tiny's bare feet between her thumb and forefinger, massaging the weary soles in her overwhelming grip. “Remind me, how long have we been here? I think our anniversary might be coming up.”

            “88 days, 14 hours, and 36 minutes,” Lanz cited off. 

            “Three months!? That's it? I coulda sworn it's been longer than that.” Her thumbs deftly maneuvered around the puny ball and arch, rolling out any knots with her titanic strength.

            “Time does seem to move slower here. All these aimless hours are a far cry from the tight schedule the military enforced.” The two sat in silence for a moment, basking in each other’s company as Miriam continued to massage Lanz’s feet. She had come to enjoy pampering the tiny almost as much as she enjoyed being doted on by him. Once Miriam was finished, Lanz stood up on her thigh. “Want me to rub yours?”

            “Actually,” Miriam wrapped him gently in her fingers, “there’s something else I’d like you to do for me.” She carried her lover over to their camp set up beside the wrecked plane, setting him down near the crate where they stored their weapons. After handing Lanz his combat knife, she laid down next to him on her back, positioning her arm under her head. A thicket of underarm hair sprouted from her sweaty pit. “Believe it or not, I used to shave fairly regularly. But, we weren’t carrying any razors on the plane, and I’m not comfortable trying to cut around here with a knife. I trust you, though, if you’re up for it.”

            “Sure thing.” Lanz unsheathed his blade and approached the armpit. He was hit by a wave of body odor, a pungent concoction festered over months without deodorant. He wrapped his hand around the long hairs and got to cutting, sliding his blade delicately against Miriam's tender skin. It was more like cutting weeds than slicing through hair, but save for a minor tugging sensation, the tiny's shave was smooth as a razor. His hands and arms grew covered in sweaty grime, but after a few minutes, he finished, leaving only stubble in the underarm's wake. 

            Lanz sheathed his knife and crawled across Miriam’s clavicle to reach the other pit, repeating the process until it too was clean. “Finished. Do you want me to trim down there?” he asked, pointing towards her waist. Miriam raised her head to look at her crotch; an untamed bush lied hidden beneath her army pants.

            “Y’know, I don’t usually shave that area. Would you prefer if I did?” The tiny brought his hand to his chin in a display of deep thought, trying to picture the woman clean shaven.

            “I don’t know. It’s comfortable to lay on after sex, and it fits your image.”

            “The hell is that supposed to mean?” Miriam grabbed the tiny off the ground, causing him to drop his knife in the shock. The woman sat up and held her lover tightly to her face.

            “You have a rugged air to you is all. Nothing wrong with that, just, you’re no debutante.” Lanz felt his binds tighten further, a dreadful smirk curving up Miriam’s cheek.

            “Is that so?” Miriam unbuckled her belt with her free hand and stood up. “Well, if you like it so much, then it’d be cruel of me to deny you your comfort.” She shoved Lanz headfirst down her pants, putting him face to face with her pussy. Her dense pubic hairs brushed up against his torso, entangling his body and covering him in more clammy grime. With his feet sticking out from her waistline, she refastened her belt, trapping her living codpiece within the confines of her pants. “I wonder how long you can last dow-”

            Miriam felt a familiar pleasure run up her spine. Her lover was lapping her clit while massaging the labia with his hands, all while hanging upside down. Over the past three months, Lanz had developed a unique expertise in eliciting euphoric bliss from Miriam. The giant woman collapsed onto her ass and rubbed her crotch, grinding Lanz’s face into her pussy. His deliberate movements regressed into compulsory squirming as his head was dunked inside his partner. He could taste her ejaculate eking out around him, his senses lost in her aroma.

            A part of Miriam, in the far reaches of her mind, wondered if she should ease up on Lanz, give him a chance to breathe. Nah, he can hold his breath until I’m finished.

            Miriam undid her pants and shoved Lanz deeper inside, letting him reach her G-spot. Lanz kept licking the moist vaginal walls while his fists and forearms rubbed against the sensitive area, moving back and forth under Miriam’s powerful influence.  She didn't let up until she was satisfied, drowning Lanz in her orgasm. Between the sand, mud, blood, and ocean water, nothing seemed to stain Lanz as pervasively, and frequently, as Miriam's cum.

            “These weird fruits finally look ripe. I think,” Lanz said, standing on a short cactus tree. “You want to try one?”

            Miriam plucked one off its leafy branch, a pink ball of fire tipped with green spines. “It looks more like a dragon’s egg than a fruit.” She cut it in half with her knife. “Woah, it’s white inside!” The fruit had an otherworldly quality: black asteroids adrift in a milky sea, encapsulated in a blazing coral shell. Miriam carved out a couple pieces with her knife and tossed one to Lanz.

            “Hold on. These could be poisonous.” He sniffed the juicy chunk, whiffing the floral, honeyed scent.

            “He doesn’t seem to mind.” Miriam pointed to a monkey a few yards away, noshing on the strange fruit. The simian glanced at the couple and hissed, retreating into the treetops with its meal.  “We can try them together. That'd at least be a romantic way to go out.”

            They looked each other in the eyes and bit in. A subtle sweetness danced on their tongues before vanishing down their throats. The two took another bite. The vague, pear-like taste returned for a moment and disappeared like a phantom.

            “That was underwhelming,” Miriam remarked. “Like a kiwi without any bite.”

            “I like it.” Lanz took another bite, making little progress on the chunk of fruit the size of his head. “It's not too sweet like a lot of fruits are.”

            “Maybe tinies have more sensitive taste buds?” Miriam posited. She scooped out the rest of the fruit and swallowed it, not wanting to waste food. 

            “Maybe.” Lanz spat out the seeds as he ate since they were too big for him to swallow. 

            “I suppose I'll pick some for you.” She plucked two of the fruit off the plant, enough to last him a few days with her help. “I'll stick to the mangoes.”

            "Thirty-seven. Thirty-eight. Thirty-nine," Lanz counted, perched on a sturdy tree branch. He watched Miriam do pull-ups below him. She was aiming to beat the current record, held by Lanz, of forty-three. "Forty."

            Miriam heaved. Her muscles felt like they were going to explode. A deep burning rushed through her upper body, but she was determined to come out victorious. "Forty-one." She clenched her teeth and forced her way through another rep, her skin boiling red. "Forty-two." She looked up at her partner, the tiny now standing on the branch. A lascivious grin etched across his face as he peered down at the woman's cleavage.

            "Don't. You. Dare. Lech!" Miriam eked out, desperately clinging to the tree limb. Lanz didn't heed her plea and leapt down, diving feet first between her tits. With how drenched in sweat Miriam's skin was, Lanz slipped right through the bulbous breasts, coursing down her coarse abdomen until he reached her waistline. He sidled up against her navel, his feet planted on her pants' waistband, and licked the sweat off her abs.

            Miriam winced at the cold touch of the tiny tongue, her muscles struggling to maintain their grip on the branch. Lanz was merciless, licking and rubbing her tummy with reckless abandon, coating his whole body in her perspiration. Despite the critical attack, Miriam held strong and pulled herself up, completing another rep. "Forty-three," Lanz called out from beneath her shirt. "Almost there."

            But the man wasn't going to lose his record so easily. Lanz moseyed around her waist to get to the side of her torso and placed his hands against her side. With lethal dexterity, Lanz flicked his fingers across her skin, striking where Miriam was most ticklish.

            "Fuck!" she cried out, enduring Lanz's onslaught as she lifted herself for the final rep. It was arduous trying to move while ignoring the tiny at her waist. She wanted to swat him away, but she knew the moment she let go of the branch, she wasn't grabbing back on. Miriam persevered, clenching her teeth so hard they hurt and completing the final rep. "Forty-fucking-four!"

            Miriam let go and flopped into the mud below. She yanked Lanz out of her shirt and held him tightly to her peeved face. “C’mon, you know you deserved that,” he said hoarsely, the air squeezed out from his lungs. While Miriam used the sturdy tree branch as her pull-up bar, Lanz always used her index finger, and it was seldom that she ever left his reps undisturbed. Miriam glared at him for a minute before breathing a heavy sigh, a strong gust to the tiny held over her mouth.

            “Fine. I’ll let you off the hook this time.” She dropped Lanz into the mud beside her, too exhausted to move much more. “Beating your score is punishment enough, I suppose.”

            “There.” Miriam finished tying the tarp to the other palm tree, forming a hammock between the two trunks. Grabbing Lanz off the ground, she jumped in and let herself sway in the tarp’s pendulation. She lowered her lover into the valley of her cleavage and lounged with him under the tropical, blue sky. “We should have done this way sooner. This beats those benches on the plane every day of the week.”

            The hammock was too exposed to make for suitable sleeping arrangements, particularly at night or in the rain, but it was perfect for a midday nap, even if it did nothing to sooth the permanent sunburn etched into the couple’s skins. As they rested, a brief instance of serenity in a cruel and turbulent world, a random thought popped into Miriam’s wandering mind.

            “Is this what it’s like laying in my underwear?”

            “Kinda, but without all the weight bearing down from on top,” Lanz replied. Miriam removed him off her chest and sat up. She flung him behind her back onto the tarp and laid back down. A mountain of muscles came crashing down on the tiny, grinding him into the blue canvas as she got comfortable again.

            “Like that, you mean?” She couldn’t understand the muffled groans coming from beneath her, but she chose to interpret them as affirmation. Lanz had no way of moving beneath the behemothic woman, and he was only afforded enough air to get by, but he found a deprived comfort in the titanic embrace. In no time, the two lulled into a deep slumber.

            “How could you!?” Miriam screamed. Her back was up against a tree, her pistol held tight as she broke the line of fire. “I thought we had something! How could you betray me like this!?”

            “It’s nothing personal, honest.” Lanz stood on the beach, facing the treeline. His revolver spun in his hand, reflecting the light of the crackling campfire not far to his left. Despite the late hour, the island coast was fairly visible beneath the starry sky. “I’m simply following orders. Bang! Bang!”

            Miriam winced. Even with her eyes closed, she could see the bullets whizz past her ears. “Screw your orders! I took you in when no one else would! I bled for you! I was always by your side, day and night! I loved you!”

            “Please, our time together was sweet, like a mint julep on a steamy summer day, but my love for my country stands above all else.” Lanz brushed his hand through his hair to slick it back. “Bang! Bang!” He aimed for the tree, but Miriam remained unscathed on the other side. “Come out, dearie. There’s no need to prolong this any further.”

            “Damn you,” Miriam muttered, tears welling in her eyes.

            “It’s time you flew up to Heaven, my precious canary. Bang! Bang!” Upon the sixth shot, Miriam dove out of cover, aimed her pistol true, and fired.

            “Bang!” She shouted, lifting her handgun in the recoil’s follow through. Lanz clutched his chest, hand over heart, and dropped his revolver to the ground. Taking three steps back, he reached up to the stars, the celestial bodies forever out of grasp.

            “Must the heavens mock me in my final hour? Am I not fit to subsist amongst the stars?” Lanz collapsed into the sand, his arm falling limp beside him. Miriam rushed to her dying lover, kneeling beside him with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Do not cry, my canary.” His eyes squinted, struggling to stay open as they took one last look at their beloved. “I always cherished you.”

            Lanz’s head fell to the sand. Miriam wept over him, pelting the tiny’s body in tears. “What have I done?” she asked, standing up beneath the cosmic sea. “My light has been extinguished. My soul has been severed.” She held her gun up to her temple, holding her straightened finger parallel to the trigger. “What is left for me in this unjust world? Whether it be in the Heavens above or the deepest depths of Hell, I shall join you for eternity, my beloved. Bang!”

            Miriam tossed her gun aside and fell to her knees before collapsing into the sand, burying Lanz beneath her tear-stained cheek. The two laid there motionless for a moment, Lanz’s heartbeat thumping in Miriam’s ear, before both burst into laughter. Miriam got off the tiny and sat up.

            “You were pretty good,” Miriam said, wiping the crocodile tears from her face, “but the line is ‘my precious chickadee,’ not canary.”

            “It is?” Lanz asked, brushing sand out of his hair. “I think canary has a better ring to it.”

            “Well, when they cast us in the remake, you can take that up with the director.” Miriam sat down beside the fire, the tiny Lanz crawling onto her lap. She handed him his still loaded gun to holster, not wanting it to become lost in the grains of sand. The flames burned a brilliant orange against the dark blue backdrop of night. Miriam massaged Lanz with her fingers, rubbing his neck and back as he sat on her cross-legged thigh.

            As they stared at the fire, Miriam snuck a few glances towards the tiny in her lap. It had become a fantasy of hers to star in a movie with Lanz as the leading pair. She had always dreamed of acting, and when she still held hope of getting off the island, her plan was to quit the service and go to school to pursue the dream. Of course, the likelihood of rescue had long dropped to null, and Lanz was nowhere near good enough to land a leading role, and so a fantasy it remained, one her partner had no issue indulging.

            Miriam picked Lanz up and brought him to her lips, enveloping him in a passionate kiss. She could feel his miniscule mouth pecking at her tongue as she sucked face. A thought occurred to her, how simple it’d be to bite down and tear her lover’s face from his skull, to devour the scrumptious flesh from its mantle. Overwhelming authority ran through her veins. The tiny willingly entered the lioness’ maw without fear of retribution. Holding his life in her hands and refusing to take it, the juxtaposition of power and trust, it sent tingles rushing through the couple’s bodies.

            Miriam’s eyes opened just long enough to catch a glimpse of it. In an instant, her whole body froze, like she had fallen into subzero waters. Her fingers loosened, and Lanz dropped to the ground, landing on his feet despite the sudden turn. Miriam sat still and stared off into the distance, leading Lanz to follow her gaze’s trail.

            The ocean was calm. The flat waters were pristine, reflecting the light offered by the moon and stars. For the most part, it looked as it always did: empty. A reminder of the world’s infinitude. But this time, looking out onto the curvature of the planet, something was off, out of place. An object sat at the edge of the world, a collection of shapes both familiar and alien to the deserted couple. The two lovebirds stared at it. For the past three months, the horizon was a still image. Though the sky may change and the waves ebb and flow, the horizon always sat empty. No matter how hard Miriam wished to see a sign of life from across the waters, one never came, and she had lost hope in ever seeing the image change. But now that her wish had came true, her brain struggled to process it, its gears turning to recognize what was deemed impossible.

            Along the edge of the horizon, in the calm, black waters, a boat sailed beneath the stars.