- Text Size +
Byron Biggs never really did have time for much. Such was the life of a crime lord... and yet, like many crime lords throughout cinematic or even just regular history, Byron had a heart ... and perhaps a misplaced moral compass but he still operated within his own version of morality. In that version, there were admittedly very few things he held sacred, very few lines he wouldn't cross and very few people for whom he'd think twice about snuffing out. But he did have a few things which he held near and dear even after so many years of doing the wrong thing.

That's why for the first time in a long time Byron found himself absolutely enraged while on the phone with Roxie Wright -- not enraged like "why did you do that stupid thing?" but rather real rage, the kind that overtakes someone when something precious to them is very realistically threatened, challenged and nearly lost due to the recklessness of another. Of course being in the line of "work" he was in (as far as his family knew, he was an accountant who got "transferred" to different branches a lot) -- he expected a number of risks and reckless endeavors, but the rules were clear, what few of them there were. Family was off limits.

It was the night of the bombing on the Miniborough Campus and it seemed everybody had their part to play. Rachel Rutschmann served as a pawn, a chess piece in Roxie's sadistic game to blow heads off. She would use the young blonde's loss and devastation to fuel her revenge against Lexi and all those that did her wrong. Alexis Cole did exactly as Roxie expected, trying to be the big brave hero but really all she truly succeeded in doing was throwing herself into a PR nightmare, with her secret identity all but compromised. Sure she stopped one bomb, but Roxie was in it for the long game. She was also able to please her unnamed client for whom Byron got a shit ton of money from by bombing the Krazy Kookie restaurant. She assumed Byron would be pleased with this news. He was not.

"I TOLD you to blow up the cookie joint and that was it!" Byron muttered, keeping the phone close to his vest where he kept most things.

"And I thought you'd be happy about me going for the extra credit..." Roxie shrugged, a flaming wreck of a police car behind her. "Besides, I ran it by the guy upstairs first..."

At this news, Byron seemed further confused

"Okay, first of all..." Byron snarled, "you are never to talk to him without my permission..."

While Byron went on this inflammatory rant, Roxie paid about as much attention as one would expect, making a mocking set of lips with her free hand, even as her shoulder ached something fierce from having taken a bullet.

"Secondly..." the upset crime lord continued, "Dr. Giovanni would never authorize such a reckless action ... you're suppose to keep us OUT of these kind of situations..."

"I'm not suppose to do anything..." Roxie shrugged, "We're the CHAOS Crew ... we cause CHAOS ... there literally can't be rules for CHAOS..."

"Well there was one ... and you broke it..." Byron growled, "as far as I'm concerned, you're off the crew! Effective immediately!"

Roxie rolled her eyes, never quite grasping the over-zealous emotions of others at times.

The fact is, Roxie HAD consulted the "big boss" after not even bothering with Biggs. She knew for whatever reason, hitting a college was generally off limits for the tight lipped mafiaso. Even getting him to agree to bomb the Krazy Kookie was surprising since it was on a college campus, but he seemed to have his reasons for letting that go through. The second request was more at the behest of a little friend Roxie made. A friend named Rachel Rutschmann... well, that and she also liked to up the stakes whenever possible.

Having been an admirer of Rachel's newfound violent ambition, she decided to call a more direct line, one that she rarely bothered with. Dr. Giovanni. He was the one who secretly funded the Chaos Crews misdeeds, in exchange for a cut of the profit himself. It was kind of a weird "pay for crime with ill gotten money to make MORE ill gotten money" scheme. The thing never did make a lick of sense to anyone but nobody questioned it and heck, very few even knew Dr. Giovanni was the unofficial leader of the crew, never seen or heard from except on rare occasions.

While Roxie could give two fucks about breaking Mr. Biggs precious "rules" ... the main reason she wanted to talk to the Doctor is to give herself some deniability in just this very case, plus she wanted to hit him up for more money. He seemed to be more loaded than the lot of them, after all.

Upon calling the unubiquitous doctor, Roxie would prepare her best "elevator pitch" for the bombing/double bombing. It was all in a days work for the villainess, after all. At the end of the day, it always came down to a "what's in it for me?" mentality with the Chaos Crew. It was one of the few things Roxie didn't mind about the pseudo job.

"Heya Dr. G..." Roxie said non-chalantly while ruffling the stringent fur of her German shepherd, Woof. "What's shaking?"

The line was fuzzy and a bit silent for a while. Roxie tapped her impatient fingers on an ashtray after petting her dog and waiting a while longer. She decided to keep talking regardless.

"Okay so ... here's the sitch ... thinking about bombing Miniborough University..." Roxie said, as if this were as simple as grabbing a pizza, "Just didn't want to ... yknow, surprise anyone ... you know how touchy Mr. Biggs can get, especially if he hasn't had his nap yet!"

More silence.

"So whattaya say Dr. G? Just need about another 50k for the bomb and of course the usual fee for pulling it off ... with any luck, we'll make our money back in damages, sounds like a sweet deal, huh?" Roxie giggled, her face being assaulted by the merciless tongue of Woof, who she calmed down with some chin scratches while listening for any kind of response, finally hearing some stirring on the other line.

"Sure, fine whatever!" the under durress doctor responded on the other end. Roxie found herself a bit floored that it was so easy but she also giggled a bit.

"You mean it? Alright great!" Roxie chuckled, not even taking a second moment to think about her actions or how sincere the doctors approval was. In reality, Giovanni had little clue to what he was saying yes to, a product of him being hard at work on his portal inducer. Each further test on the machine produced more and more encouraging results, but also showed signs of instability.


"You're through, you hear me? Done! Finished! You'll never work in this town again!!" Bryon continued, raining insults down on his young fiery vixenlike crime boss as if he were a cartoon character.

"Yeah yeah ... talk to you later Biggs" Roxie shrugged, paying him no mind. Even if he was serious, it's not like being a wanton criminal came with health insurance and a W-2. As it was, she already did whatever the fuck she wanted whenever she wanted and the bombing had been a bit of a mixed bag but nothing that was going to get her too too upset.

Until the news of Giovanni's accident, at least.... but that was to be determined later.

In that present moment, the anxiety ridden Byron paced about his living room until the police sirens surrounded the location. Normally he would want no part of the MIni Troop, but they had brought something, or rather someone who was of utmost importance to him. His young daughter.

As he watched the police escort his distraught daughter from the police cruiser (after all, wouldn't you be distraught if you just had a bomb tied to you?) he could only think one thing in his mind, "ugh ... we're going to have to move again..."

Speaking of making moves, it didn't get much further than where Lexi had "moved" -- for in the present day and time she found herself in a much different type of place, the events that led her there turning into a literal and metaphoric blur. She remembered fighting off some crazy looking creatures after trying to catch Roxie and flying through some kind of portal.

The portal had led the two dueling ladies into a highly advanced lab thought to be owned by Dr. Giovanni but instead, a mysterious black armored figure named Vektor turned out to be behind the whole thing, using Roxie to gather parts for some kind of portal inducer that was able to zap him back to his home world.

That would've been confusing enough, but where Lexi found herself now was anywhere but home.

The tiny woman took a single step forward, hearing an odd crumpling noise under her feet, she'd peer through the gold bars of her new home and realize she found herself trapped inside a bird cage, but not just any bird cage, this was like the rolls royce of bird cages. It had solid gold bars, very comfortable padding (despite it being paper) and even more impressive was the giant room she found herself in.

The room was absolutely breathtaking, pristinely kept and she could see a shimmering sea of onyx before her eyes in the form of luxurious black marble tiled floors with lavender painted walls. Sure, the lavender wouldn't have been Lexi's first choice but it almost didn't matter as the rooms most impressive feature was the toweringly tall skyscraper like windows that allowed one to see outside, viewing what appeared to be a magnificent citadel in the distance and the kind of breath taking vista you'd only see in a Thor movie, aside from the fact that this particular dimension seemed to have a rose gold sky at almost all times. Of course Lexi wasn't quite aware yet that she was in another dimension, but she definitely knew something was amiss.

So many questions raced through tiny Lexi's mind as she sat in the bird cage. For one, why was she IN a bird cage? Did that mean a bird was present? She saw no evidence of any kind of pets, and better yet, no sign of bird droppings to be seen either. Secondly, and maybe most importantly, would she be able to get home? Everything happened in such a flash. She had no way to contact any of her friends, although her cell phone remained tucked in her pocket. She kind of doubted her cell service allowed for interdimensional calls. It was still possible though that Lexi was simply teleported to somewhere else in the world? Maybe Europe or something? Somewhere known for their luxurious palaces and ... orange skies? Okay yeah, that was less likely. The answers to many of these quandries likely resided with Vektor, the black armored warrior Lexi caught a brief glimpse of before taking an involuntary dive through the portal.

As Lexi shrank herself just a bit more to slip through the bars, she peeked down, growing back a bit and noticing that below her was simply an empty dresser. No moat full of piranhas. No forcefield and nobody guarding the room whatsoever. If she were supposed to be a prisoner here, it hardly felt that way but then ... why the cage?

Perhaps she could attain more information by listening closer to the distant voices from down a hallway.

Lexi grew herself back further, finally growing all the way and hopping off the dresser, traipsing carefully along the marble floors. The heck was this place? It was truly amazing but also more than a bit intimidating. In addition to the wealth of gold trim present on the walls lay large bits of silver, in the form of weapons that hung on the walls like hunters trophies. Lexi simply tried her best to keep her thoughts to herself as she made her way towards the door, creaking it open a bit to gaze down a long extended hallway, resembling the bedroom, except this area had plush red carpets in place of black marble floors. Suppose even the wealthiest in the Quartzaria kingdom couldn't afford ALL marble floors...

"And you're sure you're okay, sire?" a worried guard asked, looking over Vektors armor once more.

The disgruntled warrior seemed less concerned with that as he wanted only to talk to a woman wearing shiny bright red and gold armor with blonde hair, she had her weapon of choice, a staff with 3 protruding fork like prongs leaning on the lavish table.

"And the girl in there..." the woman continued on, finishing the conversation that had begun before Lexi began snooping on the chatter, "you sure she can be trusted?"

"I'm ... honestly not sure what to make of her..." Vektor sighed, stuttering a bit, "The way she fought was admittedly impressive and ... well, she had a magic power of sorts"

"Yeah, I noticed ... the shrinking..." the young woman, who's name was Ruby replied, in a bit of a monotone voice, "think she's part fairy or something?"

"I doubt it" Vektor said, "she showed no other signs of fairy ability ... but still... she was SIMPLY remarkable..."

"All due respect, Vektor..." Ruby said, "She's an outlander, from another dimension ... a dimension that from what you've recounted is full of weaker beings called 'humans'"

"Hey, let's not act like we're so far off from them..." Vektor shrugged, defending Lexi a bit, "it wasn't that long ago we had more human DNA in our makeup..."

"Eons ago, Lord Vektor..." Ruby said, seeming uninterested in anything the young Alexis Cole could potentially contribute, "it's possible there are still others like us out there and maybe you got lucky enough to find one but so what?"

"So what is that she could be one of the reinforcements that we need, Ruby ..." Vektor sighed before giving the woman a skeptical look, "assuming you ARE Ruby..."

"Oy..." Ruby groaned, standing up to her full height at the table and gently setting her weapon down again "Look, I understand your newfound paranoia..."

"Paranoia... Paranoia?!" Vektor snapped, seeming to be struck by a sensitive topic, "Do you not understand the kind of plague Paradox has put on this kingdom..."

"Well let's not act like ..."

"Paradox...?" Lexi asked, interuppting the two as she shyly walked in. The guards who were surveying Vektor's condition would find themselves focused on the brunette in the tank top for a moment but Vektor seemed more than willing to let her continue. After all, if he had really wished to detain her, he would've done better than an unguarded bird cage, which was simply a measure to allow her to recover safely from her interdimensional voyage.

Ruby raised an eyebrow to see the woman, now her full height of 5'4 which paled compared to Ruby's nearly 6 foot stature. "Welcome to the waking realm, sleepyhead"

"Th-Thanks... I think" Lexi sighed, looking around for a seat as her head still ached, "you uh ... mind if I take a seat?"

"Not at all!" Vektor proclaimed, snapping his fingers so that a guard would grab her a chair, the kind of regal chair with lion claw like arms one would expect from such a well decorated palace. Ruby stared back at him with a sort of disgusted look, as if she felt her Lord was going a bit overboard to accomodate the frankly average guest.

"Oh um... thank you..." the humble Lexi sighed, sitting in the chair but never seeming quite comfortable despite the plush velvet she found herself sitting upon. It was almost more of a mini throne than a chair, but then again, she wasn't singled out in that regard. It seemed the large and far stretching tabernacle of a table was just designed that way with many such empty chairs dotting its perimeter. "S-So ... uh ... where is everyone?"

"Everyone..." Vektor sighed, "is gone ... or almost anyway ... tough times have befallen my kingdom you see"

"Your .... kingdom..." Lexi nodded, acting as if she understood exactly what was going on when in reality just the opposite was true. "S-Sorry, been a little while since I tumbled through a portal at light speed and woke up in a bird cage"

"I told you she wouldn't like the bird cage..." Ruby shrugged

"My apologies, fair lady" Vektor apologized, again seeming overly cordial to the new female stranger in his realm, "I must confess, I was as confused as you were following the battle on the other side ... when I saw you in my hand, still tiny and unconscious, I feared the worse but I wanted you to get your rest..."

"Honestly..." Lexi shrugged, "Not the worst nap I've ever had ..."

At this comment, Ruby noticed Vektor do something he very rarely did, especially lately. She saw a smile cross his face, and a sincere one at that as he held back a slight chuckle. It was perhaps the closest thing to a positive emotion he had shown since the outbreak of the battle against Paradox.

"I like your spirit, fair maiden..." Vektor commented

"Pl-Please..." Lexi sighed, "You can call me Lexi..."

"Right." Vektor stated, as if he already knew, "Alexis Cole, correct? My apologies ... some facts on you were still rattling in my mind while I had the doctor's form..."

"Y-Yeah ..." Lexi stuttered, starting to remember more of the encounter before her unplanned vacation to Quartzaria, "m-maybe you could tell me more about that ... like ... how you were able to ... be someone else?"

"Well ... that is a long story..." Vektor confessed. Lexi glanced briefly over at the other woman to see she had sort of an eye rolling look on her face. There was clearly more going on that met the eye and that was saying a lot with the wealth of new information, sights and sounds being thrust at the naive Alexis Cole nearly every second since she had been teleported to the mystical kingdom. "My name is Vektor, by the way"

"Vector?" Lexi asked

"N-No..." Vektor tsked, "Um... Vektor ... you know what, it's not important..."

"...everybody struggles with the name..." Ruby sighed, shrugging as if this were also a common occurence.

Lexi remained confused all the same. She swore to herself that she said the name right. Lexi found herself slumping down in the luxurious velvet throne, shimmying her shoulders a bit to get as comfortable as possible, but while her physical being felt okay, all things considered, her mind was spinning.

"I understand if this is a lot ... do you need anything? Tea perhaps?" Vektor asked

"I don't think ... wait, you guys have tea here?" Lexi asked, a bit stunned at such an ordinary suggestion amidst the unusual new world she found herself in.

"But of course, what'll you have?" Vektor said, in a sort of commanding voice despite his attempt at hospitality. Again, Ruby seemed a bit miffed by Vektor's behavior, something Lexi casually observed as she sat in the fancy chair and thought for a moment.

"Uh... do you have lemon ginger maybe?" she asked, referring to her favorite kind of tea.

"So it shall be!" Vektor said proudly, materializing a cup of tea in the blink of an eye and setting it down on the table, which Lexi awkwardly shuffled closer towards to get a slow, careful tip, nodding a bit as she smacked her lips.

"Mmmm... it's good!" Lexi smiled, almost forgetting for a moment how the cup of tea came to be, "w-wait ... did you just like make this with your mind or something?"

"Something like that" Vektor chuckled, "we all have the capabilities of great powers here in Quartzaria..."

"Quartzaria?" Lexi asked

"Apologies, fair maiden..." Vektor replied, seeming very ardent to stick to his medieval terminology "Quartzaria is the realm you find yourself in now ... it's the only realm I've ever known..."

"That's not completely true ..." a sharp tongued Ruby interjected, seemingly only half listening to the conversation as she had retracted her larger weapon into a small dagger which she now skillfully balanced on a single fingertip, a feat that defied most real world physics.

"Okay so yes I've done some dimension hopping in the past, we all have ..." Vektor responded in an annoyed tone, "Ruby here likes to correct me a lot..."

"Only when you deserve it..." Ruby replied in a dry tone, now balancing the dagger horizontally between a fingertip on each hand, the small blade suspended by a magnetic field of sorts. Lexi was momentarily entranced by the trick. This was certainly a lot to take in, even for the girl that had acquired shrinking powers, not even a year ago.

"ANYWAY ... Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire are among my best warriors..." Vektor said, before recieving another gruff "ahem" from the despondent Ruby. "Oh what now?"

"Well ... we don't know where Emerald is ... and Sapphire?" Ruby asked, losing her focus for just a moment and in the process, the small dagger which clattered to the table as the result of her telekinesis losing effectiveness, "I mean ... she's here ... well she WAS here..."

"Was?" Lexi asked, leaning forward with concern while smacking her lips over another sip of the strangely calming tea. Then again, tea did always calm the young ladies nerves.

"Sapphire was ... kidnapped unfortunately..." Vektor reported, standing up and pacing around the table with a determined look in his coal black eyes, "During our battle with the Crystallics..."

"Crystallics?" Lexi stuttered, feeling like she was in a very advanced math class she had no business being in. Every new term seemed to further dumbfound her.

"You uh ... like to talk a lot, huh?" a snarky Ruby asked with a shrug. She wasn't really angry at Lexi, but rather her statement was that of a blatant observation.

"S-Sorry, I'll ... I'll let you finish..." Lexi replied shyly, taking another sip of her tea and keeping her head down a bit

"Come now, we must be nicer to our guest..." Vektor sighed with frustration, giving a direct glare across the table towards Ruby who collected her dagger once more and holstered it to her waist, clicking it in place on a sort of metallic belt on which she held a few other weapons.

"Yeah sure, whatever ... welcome to the wonderful castle, M'lady..." Ruby said in a clearly sarcastic tone. It was nice to know certain traits, such as sarcasm were not just universal but multi-dimensional. "Please do try the veal..."

Vektor gave an annoyed grunt but would go on to recount the passing events that led the group to where they were now.

"It was the battle before I got warped away ... " Vektor explained, "Emerald, Sapphire and I were fighting off a mounting invasion of Crystallics, or large crystal beasts who were attacking our castle.... little did I know... not everyone was on my side in the fight... the Emerald I was fighting with was a fake..."

"I'm sorry ..." Lexi stuttered, setting down her teacup, "When you say Emerald, you mean like a person and not a literal gem, right?"

"That's correct" Vektor nodded, "you ... have a stone called that in your world?"

"Um... not important ... continue" Lexi blushed a bit

"Well ... Emerald ... another fine warrior turned out to not be herself ... she was possessed, or rather HE was... with a paradox crystal..." Vektor continued, and already sensing Lexi's inquisitive retort, he proceeded to explain further, "A paradox crystal has been Paradox's main weapon against our kingdom since he began waging war ... with one of these crystals somebody can not only assume someone elses appearance but can even assimilate select parts of their memories, thoughts and desires ... it's almost like they BECOME that person, if only temporarily ... their effects are mainly erratic and random, but from what we've seen with our time with the crystals, people are only able to transform into those they've either met before or think deeply about"

"Oh..." Lexi nodded, understanding the premise if still a bit confused. "So ... wait, were you ... using that when you were the Doctor? Back in my world?"

"A necessary evil, I'm afraid..." Vektor nodded, "after the fake Emerald cast me into the portal that opened, I ended up in your world and came across that Doctor Giovanni ... interesting fellow that one ... seemed to have a memory or two of YOU actually ... which is how I knew some things about you"

"Him?" Lexi asked, raising an eyebrow, "I hadn't met him until just recently .... and that wasn't even him, it was you in disguise..."

"Anyways..." Vektor stammered, trying his best to explain the increasingly convoluted circumstances, "While I was cast away from this world, the Crystallics were able to kidnap Sapphire and we don't know her exact whereabouts but we highly suspect she's been taken to the Paradox Palace up on Paradox Peak..."

"For what it's worth..." Ruby chimed in, "I'm 99% sure it isn't called that ... it's just a castle up in the mountains, but Vektor likes to give things more ... gravitas ... by giving them edgy sounding names"

"Paradox himself announced it as such!" Vektor argued back "...anyway... that's where things stand now ... I desperately needed a way to get back to my homeworld to join this fight again... it seems the rest of my brigade has done a fine enough job but you understand why things have been in such shambles"

Lexi gave him a confused look. Not because she didn't understand but again ... this was a lot.

"Basically, the paradox crystals have run amuck..." Ruby explained as she donned a momentarily serious tone, "We're not sure how he did it, but Paradox found a way to expose a large number of the public to the crystals power and it's having adverse effects ..."

"Those not familiar or skilled enough with the crystals powers..." Vektor explained, "Can be susceptible to changing identities at random ... imagine the fear involved in that ... and the distrust in others when you don't even know if the person you're talking to is really who you think they are..."

"Yeah, hence why THIS one here has tried to fight me 10 times before realizing I'm the real Ruby..." Ruby shrugged

"I suspect you are real..." Vektor corrected, "You have yet to prove it officially..."

"How CAN I prove it?" Ruby rolled her eyes, "Take a DNA test or something?"

"Anyway..." Vektor shrugged, "we are getting off topic ... what's important now is ..."

Before Vektor could finish his sentence there was a mighty crash, emanating from the castle doors being thrust open. On the other side was a woman with blonde hair and light gray eyes. Lexi didn't quite all the logic here but because she was wearing mostly green and gold armor, she surmised that the woman's name was likely Emerald.

However, while Lexi was ready to offer the newcomer a friendly hello in her best Minnesota like mannerism, Ruby suddenly vaulted herself on top of the table, drawing her dagger with a dramatic "sching!" like sound effect. Vektor similarly took a defensive stance.

"Ummmm... is this how people say hello in your world?" Lexi asked nervously

"Emerald...?" Vektor said in a sort of authoritative manner "You've ... gotten my message I trust..."

"Something like that ..." Emerald grunted, seeming none too threatened despite having weapons drawn on her by both Ruby and Vektor, who generated a plasma like red blade from his wrist. "You guys can put the weapons away, yknow... I've had enough trouble just getting here as it is ..."

"And what's that mean?" Vektor asked

"Your messenger?" Emerald said, looking genuinely sad now, "he died ..."

"Jared..." Vektor sighed, shaking his head, while Lexi wondered how someone had a name as "normal" sounding as Jared in a realm like this, "that is most unfortunate news..."

"Yeah ... and that kind of told me all I needed to know ... when I see one of your messengers with a green crystal edged blade through him, I know something's up, so I made my way to the castle as fast as I could but as you'd imagine... well, traffic was terrible..."

"Did you not take the cruiser?" Vektor asked

"A bit too risky..." Emerald said, shaking her head, approaching the group a bit more pensively as she noticed the newcomer Lexi sitting in a chair as if she were part of the team, "...I'm sorry, who's this? Lemme guess, Amethyst?"

"Amethyst?" Lexi asked, before realizing she was wearing purple, "Oh ... oh no, I don't do the whole ... gemstone naming thing ... I'm Lexi"

"Lexi..." Emerald muttered to herself, although still loud enough for all to hear, "...such an odd name"

"Alright, well this is all very entertaining..." the despondent warrior Ruby said "but are we going to mount an attack or what?"

"An attack?" Lexi asked, part curious and more than a little nervous

"Yes, we must strike the citadel at once and put an end to Paradox and his reign of terror!" Vektor proudly announced, setting a leg up on a chair as he struck a dramatic medieval like pose ... all he was missing was his sword pointed towards the heavens with light gleaming off of it.

"What about Pandora?" Emerald asked a bit pensively, "she's still in play, right?"

"Pandora?" Lexi asked, seemindly learning a new name or fact every other second

"Pandora is Paradox' sister" Vektor explained, "and a very powerful sorceress..."

"She has this ... cube like thing she can trap you in..." Emerald said, as if she had been a victim of such a thing in the past, "and it's like you're in this pocket dimension that you can't be let out of ..."

"So it's ... Pandora's box?" Lexi asked, hoping somebody would get the reference. Sadly, nobody did.

"I ... guess you could say that" Emerald shrugged with a similar stoicism as Ruby. It seemed humor and levity was something not in high supply in the realm of Quartzaria

"Fair maiden..." Vektor said, letting out a great sigh, "I realize you are far from home and this is a lot to ask but..."

"I'll help you" Lexi nodded, not even needing to hear the rest of the query.

"Oh? Well marvelous then" Vektor nodded

"So ... we're just recruiting ANYBODY to fight with us now, huh?" Ruby shrugged, her hand leaning on the side of her face

"She's a warrior in her own right, Ruby" Vektor proclaimed, "and she'll do fine ... although she will need some additonal firepower ... and maybe some wheels..."

"Wheels?" Lexi thought to herself, trying to hide a juvenile smirk that crossed her face.

May as well make the most of the situation, after all...