- Text Size +
"The four mystical realms ... Fensteria, Necraria, Primaria and ... Quartzaria..."

"Well duh, I know where Fensteria is ... we live there..." Spark sighed, interuppting her geeky brother Mark's explanation

"Well ... technically we don't ... our colony is an extention of the true Fensteria..." Mark corrected his overly eager sister

"...you don't really believe that non-sense, do you?" Spark sighed, rolling her eyes as she held a small phone in her hand. It was the same phone her brother had found in the woods and shrank with her help one fateful night. It came in handy when trying to stay in touch with humans on the outside, which is exactly why she had Leah and company on speakerphone while they listened to Mark explain things the best he could.

"Yes Spark ... I believe in the non-sense called the history of our people..." Mark sighed, "why'd you ask me for help if you're just going to mock me anyway?"

"Okay okay, sorry..." Spark sighed, "look, I'm really worried about Lexi and ... you think she's trapped in this Quartzaria place?"

"Well, for her sake, I hope not..." Mark sighed

As Spark let out a worried sigh of concern, she could hear hushed murmuring on the phone in her hand.

"Hey can you hear? Back up, I can't tell what they're saying..." Leah whispered

"I still don't see why we couldn't just ... y'know ,go there..." Chris sighed

"Well besides Mara, none of us can shrink..." Leah scoffed

"Yeah, can't imagine the fairies like people just stepping on their stuff..." Josh interjected

"...or them" Chris added with a nervous giggle

"Hold on one second, Mark..." Spark said in a pleasant tone of voice for a moment before talking directly into the phone, "will you guys pipe down?!"

"....Sorry" Leah sighed

"...Rude" Chris murmured under his breath.

"Anyway ..." Mark sighed, "Quartzaria is a realm that has been ravaged by war for millenia ... despite their advanced technology and incredible magic, the entire place has undergone many overhauls due to the clashes between powerful leader figures ... they enjoyed a momentary peace under Emperor Hyperbole..."

"I'm sorry, how is this relevant?" Lark sighed, observing the ongoing discussion from the threshold of their brothers room.

"Shhh!" Spark sighed

"Anyway..." Mark sighed, "Legend has it, Hyperbole was a kindly ruler compared to most ... his son Vektor assumed the throne after Hyperbole passed away ... but unlike his father, he used the paradox crystals in a bit of a more malicious way..."

"Paradox crystals... why does that sound familiar?" Spark murmured

"Well if somebody didn't fall asleep during interdimensional history class..." Mark smirked a bit, "Again ... this isn't all known for sure ... the walls between dimensions are pretty solid ... but yeah Vektor was said to be a bit war hungry and cruel ... he used the paradox crystals to ..."

"I'm sorry, you still never explained what a paradox crystal is..." Spark chimed in

"Sounds like a cool piece of jewelry" Leah said with a nod. Spark just ignored the comment and let Mark continue his explanation.

"The paradox crystal is a powerful gem capable of forced shapeshifting essentially..." Mark explained, "The victim of a paradox crystal if left unchecked could develop something called quantum corruption where they basically forget who they are ... and eventually well ... yeah ... it's not pretty..."

"Y-you're not exactly making me feel much better about this, Mark..." Spark frowned "what else do you know about this Vektor guy?"

"Again, this is all just stuff we learned in class, I don't know if it's for real ... but supposedly Vektor found a way to harness the paradox crystals for his own personal gain and was able to control them to turn into whoever he needed ... this is where it gets messed up though ..." Mark recounted, "the crystals were named after the sorcerer surpreme who crafted them, a powerful wizard and knight named Paradox. He and his sister were loyal to Emperor Hyperbole but weren't huge fans of Vektor, especially when he got more and more reckless with the crystals ..."

"So ... what happened?" Spark asked

"Well ... as the story goes, Vektor had an odd obsession with Paradox's sister Pandora ..." Mark nodded

"You mean...?"

"Yeah, he wanted it bad" Mark nodded

"Huh, so people are even horny in other dimensions ... neat" an immature Chris would chime in from on the other end of the phone. There'd be an audible groan from the others who were standing in the middle of the forest listening to Mark's history lesson.

"ANYWAY ... Vektor used the crystal to turn into one of his more handsome guards and seduced Pandora one night ... once she found out she was furious, as was Paradox ... they essentially broke off from the kingdom and this started a whole war of using the crystals to cause mass confusion and panic ... the kingdom splintered into seperate factions ... some in favor of Vektor and some in favor of Paradox ..."

"Honestly they both kinda sound like jerks..." Spark sighed

"Sounds like modern politics..." Chris said, in a sort of matter of fact way

"Well ... anyway, I don't know how much of it is true but ... if Lexi is there, we gotta get her out as soon as possible..." Mark nodded

"But how?" Spark asked, "you said yourself that the walls between dimensions are virtually inpenetrable..."

"Well if she got sucked in and you said you saw a phoenix, it's possible some sort of link was formed between the dimensions somehow..." Mark said

While Trevor remained the lone man who hadn't said anything during this exchange, he listened intently and nodded, worrying that Giovanni, as seemed to be the case with most scientific colleagues he had, went too far in his exploration of interdimensional travel. It appeared there was still much that the scientific community and humanity at large did not know in a number of facets... even if Giovanni had accidentally broken a dimensional wall, if only briefly, it became feasible to believe such a thing could happen again. Such an ability in the wrong hands though could prove devastating. Especially if used to really tear down the walls between dimensions.

"Okay so ....how do we use that?" Spark asked her knowledgeable brother Mark, "how can we take whatever let certain creatures IN through Quartzaria and sent people like Lexi away and use it to re-open the portal?"

"I'm ... not sure it's that easy..." Mark sighed

"Well wait, what about the fairy flummox?" Spark said, suddenly hit with a moment of inspiration, "the flummox is what keeps us cloaked to humanity? and you alluded to it acting as sort of a shield that allowed us to operate in our own sort of pocket dimension?"

"I did ... but ... none of us are experts on these things, Spark ..." Mark sighed, "even within our own colony, we have some elders who don't even believe in the dimensional realms ... we have others who believe we're the prime reality..."

"You never did explain what 'Primaria' was..." Lark chimed, eliciting slightly surprised, if not confused looks from her siblings. "What? I was paying attention ... sort of..."

"Primaria is just the name referred to as ... well, this place... or rather Earth in general ... the universe" Mark said, "Every dimension operates under a universe of some kind ... as well as alternate divisions of those dimensions which exist in something called the web of fate..."

"I do remember that term.." Spark muttered

"Of course you do..." Mark rolled his eyes, "it's that term that lost your team the academic decathlon back in mid-school"

"Okay we get it, I slack off!" Spark whined, "but the point is, what does all this mean?"

"It means finding Lexi could be as easy as just retracing the steps of that portal ... or she could be lost in one of nearly infinite pocket dimensions..." Mark warned.

"What was your idea about the Flummox?" Lark asked, intervening as soon as she noticed her usually strong willed sister Spark getting sad at the thought of losing Lexi, "about using it?"

"It's not going to happen..." Spark sighed, the phone slowly drifting out of her hand as it opened like a cherry blossom, and a single tear dripped from her eye, "I was just thinking maybe we could like borrow it ... or even a piece of it ... to ... try to open a portal? I don't know..."

"I mean ... I'm not sure that's how it works..." Mark said, trying hard not to be mean but rather just temper expectations. As soon as he got a glare from Lark though, he realized that altering his words may be the best course of action, "I mean ... we could try it ... Dani guards the flummox... m-maybe she could help us"

"Y-Yeah..." Spark nodded, her voice still suffering from the aftereffects of her crying, however brief it may have been, she picked up the phone gently, inadvertently hitting the "hang up" button on it with her thumb as she raised it up, "Dani could help us, I'm sure she could help us!"

-----

"I can't help you..." Dani said in a very stoic sort of way, seemingly mere minutes after the plan was set.

At this point in time, the three fairy siblings had found their way into the great Fensterian temple where the flummox was kept ; guarded night and day by a rotating cast of fairy warriors and knights, one of which being Daniella, the youngest who was also probably the most determined to see that the Flummox not get touched again, for last time such an occurence struck, it almost spelled doom for the fledgling colony.

"But we wouldn't even TAKE it ..." Spark said, trying to plead her case, "at worst, borrow it, and not even all of it, maybe like ... a piece?"

"A piece?" Dani exclaimed, her eyes momentarily widened as she took an attacking stance forward and a step towards the young fairies who all yelped. Spark had forgotten just how intense Dani could be. "It's not a cake or a watermelon... you can't just take a bit off of it and get a portion of its power ... to even alter the flummox a little could have disastrous results..."

"Okay okay..." Spark nodded, hands folded obediently in front of her person, "...we just ... wont' take it..."

"Look, I want to help Lexi as much as you do, truly..." Dani said, a rare moment of real emotion shining through her words, "but this isn't the way ... even if we KNEW which dimension she was ..."

"...we think she's in Quartzaria..." Mark chimed in shyly.

"Oh." Dani said, a bit of unease on her face

"You've ... heard of it..." Spark nodded

"It's said, the fairies who chose the way of the warrior and knightdom were influenced by the stories of the Quartzarian warriors of old... strong stoic figures who would routinely take on monsters 100 times their size and win thanks to their resourcefulness, magic and natural abilities... the Quartzarians were an admirable people ..." Dani nodded, showing perhaps the results of a different upbringing than most of the fairies.

"W-Well, you know it's not just stories, right? Mark added, "Quartzarians are real ... we just haven't ... seen one in ... well, forever"

"Well I did see that Phoenix..." Spark shrugged, "and I've been having these weird headaches since the portal breach happened"

"Of course Quartzaria is a real place..." Dani said slowly in a bit of reverence, "I have no doubt of that. All of our stories descend from SOMEWHERE and while we can't be 100% sure of their total validity, we all know of the 4 realms and their significance to the fabric of our present universe ... as well as the role Fensteria plays in it"

"....actually..." Spark gulped shyly, "I'm just kinda learning a lot of this today..."

"Spark wasn't what we'd call a straight A student..." Mark teased

"Can you lay off me for two seconds?" Spark whined, again showing signs of tears in her eyes as she began to step away angrily. Lark and Dani went off to follow her while Mark stayed behind, feeling remorse but also fascination at the Fairy Flummox as it floated just off the altar that kept it in place. He could see his reflection piercing off of it in multiple directions as his mind spun thinking of the possibilities. After pondering for several moments he simply stepped away to go consult with the others.

Speaking of others, Trevor, Chris, Mara (and new pet phoenix, Penelope), Josh and Leah waited impatiently elsewhere in the woods after being cut off from the phone call with Spark and the fairies.

"You think they just lost service or something?" Chris asked, trying to break the awkwardly tense silence.

Trevor observed what sounded like the increasing sound of footsteps nearing on their location. He didn't want to say anything just yet as it could be anybody taking an evening stroll in the woods but it did concern him that in such a remote location that could be encountering company at this time of night.

"I mean, the cell phone worked to call us just fine..." Leah shrugged, more concerned with the well being of her best friend than most of the logic that followed what was happeneing to this point.

"Leah ... I know you're worried about Lex ... I am too ... but don't you think we should head back soon? It's getting late and ... don't you start at that new job tomorrow?" Josh asked in concern

"Y-Yeah ... yeah ..." Leah nodded, thinking about it further. "It's just ... I know Lex wouldn't give up on me and ..."

"...and we're not giving up on her" Josh said reassuringly, "we'll stay as long as we need to until Spark gets back to us with answers... plus, it's not like we don't know where we are ... we're getting closer everyday to finding out where she got off to"

"I just feel like it's all my fault!" Leah sobbed, collapsing into Josh's arms. Chris and Mara looked on, upset as Penelope hung her head in mourning as well.

"W-We'll find Lexi, luv..." Mara murmured

"Yeah... for sure" Chris nodded, "... I mean I think anyway..."

"Shhhhhhh!!" the others urged Chris for a moment while consoling Leah became the number one priority ... for most, anyway.

For Trevor he was fixated on the sounds of aggressive sounding footsteps as they drew nearer. To confirm his fears, a flashlight began waving somewhere behind the thickets in the distance.
He backed up a bit, getting closer to the group to warn them.

"H-Hey you guys..." Trevor muttered, "maybe we should ... regroup"

"We will..." Josh said, with a nod, "Like I was telling Leah, we'll just wait to hear back from ..."

"No I mean now..." Trevor said, a bit more seriously but at this point it was more or less too late. The others saw what he had already heard and the flashlight shone brightly on the group in a matter of seconds, revealing a shadowy figure with a Mini Troop badge shining on her chest.

"Minitropolis Police!" Officer Sonia Sanders said, her hand on her gun but she wasn't resorting to that yet, she simply stood with the flashlight on the group of people gathered in the woods, as well as their phoenix friend. The flashlight had proved sufficient enough to cause them all to freeze in place.

Well, except for Leah who briefly muttered to Chris, "so what WERE you doing out here with Spark so late?"

"Not now..." Chris muttered, a bit frustrated.

-----

The deafening road of the Krazacken sent a bonechilling tremor through the area, but Lexi seemed unfazed, her eyes bared with anger as she stared down the flying enemy, her body crackling and sizzling as white electricity was continuing to cause spider-webbed patterns in her armor as even the armor creaked and wailed against the pressure.

"L-Lady Lexington, let's be reasonable here..." Vektor warned, "You're in danger of overloading your suit..."

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!" Lexi screamed, electricity snapping from her body like multidirectional lightning, causing Vektor, Ruby and Sapphire to shield their eyes from the flash. The Krazacken was also repelled, letting out a screech before changing course, opting to go down to the battlefield just outside the castle where Emerald was struggling fighting off an overwhelming number of guards.

"A little help here?!" the frustrated blonde warrior yelled out as her sword continued to hack and slash at her advancing adversaries. She looked up and let out a loud scream at the appearance of the maw of the mighty Krazacken. The creature would open its mouth, as electricity began to charge within, threatening to vaporize Emerald and the surrounding crystal guards.

Just as Emerald was prepared for the worst, something miraculous happened.

The mighty Krazacken which dwarfed Emerald mightily with its imposing size let out a low whimper as if it were a puppy. A giant hand had it gripped by the spiky tail. Emerald looked up in shock to see Lexi but she was bigger ... much much bigger.

The supercharged superheroine had grown to about 30 feet tall, collapsing the surrounding sections of the castle and was now yanking on the creatures tail to keep it from harming her friend, Emerald. Vektor, Ruby and Sapphire made a break for it as the giantess Lexi stomped out onto the battlefield.

Vektor broke off from the other two and headed down a corridor of spiraling stairs. Lexi noticed him but decided to deal with the current issue at hand.

"Fuck, she's destroying everything!" Paradox sneered, watching the towering Lexi as she whipped the Krazacken around and around in circles before letting it go, thrusting it far into the heavens as if she were flicking a bug.

"Don't worry about her ..." Pandora rolled her eyes, "it won't last ... in the meantime, let's just contain the others ... make sure that coward Vektor doesn't get away!"

"Agreed..." Paradox nodded

Emerald looked up, in total shock as she gazed up at Lexi, scooting back a bit out of instinct at the sight of the giant woman.

"S-So you decided to use the growth gem after all?" Emerald asked

"Uh..." Lexi chuckled nervously, her armor almost all but gone, save for some remaining fragments around her wrists and hands, a couple of shoulder plates and a few scraps around her ankles. She was now more or less back in her usual ShrinkGirl costume, the growing process basically disintegrating a lot of the Quartzarian armor. "W-Well actually .. I didn't... I'm not sure how I did this..."

As fast as she grew, Lexi would let out a groan as the electricity in her body slowly left her and she'd shrink back to her normal size, falling on a knee and nodding to let Emerald know she was okay.

"W-Well whatever did it..." Emerald said, "thanks again for saving me ... but where's Lord Vektor?"

"Your Lordship..." Lexi replied somewhat facetiously, "is probably off trying to steal candy from a baby..."

"Huh?"

"Never mind" Lexi shook her head, "you okay?"

Emerald nodded, "Yeah I think so ... what about the others?"

"Ruby and Sapphire are in the castle somewhere... well, what's left of it ..." Lexi said with a sheepish look on her face to look back at her handiwork, a lot of the castles walls now in utter shambles thanks to her unexpected growth spurt. "Would you mind checking on them? I've gotta find Vektor..."

Emerald nodded, getting up and running towards the castle to search for her sisters.

Down in the anals of the castle, Vektor found himself in a dark chamber with just a slight sliver of light shining through. The area was eerily silent as he would poke around, noticing several gold chests, but the ones that he opened would be empty, eliciting a frustrated reaction.

"What's the matter?" he heard a voice from behind. The voice was familiar and sent a chill through his being. It was Pandora. "Looking for more of these?"

Upon turning around, Vektor saw the wicked sorceress holding a shiny diamond shaped gem in her hand, a white and green glowing paradox crystal.

"Pandora ..." Vektor sighed with disdain, "...before you try anything rash you should know that I'm equipped with the ..."

"Yes yes, we know, the impedence gem..." Pandora rolled her eyes, simply setting slipping the crystal into the safe confines of her bosom before address her adversary again, "I suppose you'd have a safeguard since you're so good at stealing our magic..."

"Steal?" Vektor scoffed, "Your paradox crystals were originally products of the Hyperbole Kingdom ... he is my father and ..."

"and he was three times the man you'll ever be..." Pandora scoffed, pacing around the cornered knight with a sneer.

"You leave my father out of this!" an irate Vektor yelled out, drawing his plasma sword and charging for the smug Pandora who he would attempt to strike hard with the blade, but she was ready with a swift flick of her wrist, producing a magical shield in front of her face. The blocking motion produced a loud clanging sound to draw attention to their location however and this made them easier for an overly zelous Alexis Cole to come charging down the stairs, slowing down as she got closer to the action, observing from around a corner as Pandora and Vektor continued their contentious standoff.

"Oh, seems I've struck a nerve..." Pandora smirked, a blood red smile crossing her arrogant face as she slid back as a result of the impact with the brutal warrior, "good to know there's still some semblence of emotion in there..."

"if this is all just a game to you, then ..." Vektor started

"Oh far from it ..." Pandora shrugged, walking about as if about to enter into a solliliquoy. "Truth be told, I wish things could've worked out differently, but ... you chose the ways of a traitor..."

"If anybody's a traitor here, it's you and your treacherous brother..." Vektor snapped as the two continued to circle one another, neither throwing a blow just yet as the stare down continued.

Lexi meanwhile, shrank herself and slid behind a small slab of a rock wall that remained following the explosive events that had left much of the palace in shambles. She simply continued to listen to the two as they sparred with their words.

"You know the saddest thing about you ..." Pandora sighed, "and there are ... SO MANY things to pick from ... but you'll never be satisfied ... all you know if the life of a warrior ... a warrior who kills and kills and conquers and plunders..."

"If this is suppose to upset me, it isn't working" Vektor growled, although his facial expression might've suggested otherwise.

"I don't need to upset you, you lumbering fool..." Pandora shrugged, "You're always upset ... always interallly upset with someone or something ... you pin the blame on me, or Paradox or whatever you'd like ... the fact is you'll never be satisfied ... everything is another battle for you ... something to be won or conquered..."

"ENOUGH!!" Vektor cried out in rage, about to strike another blow, this time with more conviction but at the last second his sword was intercepted by the quick appearing Paradox who shook his head in disapproval.

"I think you've already violated my sister enough, no?" Paradox sneered, holding his foe back before he could move any further

"Heh, thank you, Brother" Pandora said with a smile, stepping around the two feuding men as Lexi watched from afar. "Fact is, I know you're still sore about what happened and I don't blame you ... but if it makes you feel ANY better ... and trust me, it doesn't bring me much joy either, but I only ... did what I did thinking he was somebody else ... fact is, his Lordship ... didn't believe in himself ... despite all his bravado, he's deeply insecure"

Vektor let out a frustrated grunt as he repelled Paradox, simply drawing his sword against both the devious siblings.

"Can we stop bringing up the ancient past?" Vektor implored

"But why?" Pandora asked, "What is they say, those who don't learn from history ..."

"What are you getting at?" Vektor asked, growing angrier and more emotional by the second

"...I'm just saying, you'll never be satisfied ... because you're incapable of settling down ..." Pandora surmised, "For all the fights you may win, albeit through dishonest means, the one fight you could never win is that in your heart ..."

"Hmph, is that what this is about?" Vektor shook his head, "I'll have you know that life has a funny way of working out ... after this battle I do vow to settle down but that is none of your concern?"

"Oh yeah? Please do have us on the guest list for the wedding" Pandora chuckled, "lemme guess ... it's to be you and the girl in purple, huh?"

"Oh, Vektor's found himself a new bride?" Paradox chuckled, adding more fuel to the fire as Lexi herself began to take the talks personally. Her suspicions were all but confirmed but to make matters worse, it turned out Ruby was right ... Vektor was as much scum as the people he seemed to oppose. "I hope she knows of all the skeletons in your closet"

"I don't..." Lexi said, drawing a look of surprise from Paradox and Pandora, as well as Vektor who momentarily dropped his sword at his side. "...but I'm finding out ..."

"Lexi..." Vektor said, stepping closer to the skeptical Lexi who stood at her normal height after going through a carousel of sizes in the past several minutes, "whatever you've heard, I assure you ... it's all a bunch of lies ... they're all about deception and illusions ..."

"Don't touch me" Lexi said, sensing Vektor getting closer and closer

"Heh, such a way with the ladies..." Pandora said, digging into her bosom for a moment before revealing the familiar white glow as the small paradox crystal twinkled in her grip, "...here, maybe this'll help her lighten up"

Vektor's eyes widened as he watched the wayward gem make its way towards Lexi. He ran to try to catch it as it seemed to be homing in on her, but he was deterred all too easily by Paradox who gripped his foe tightly in a wrestling style stronghold, causing Vektor to fall to the ground and grunt helplessly, watching as Lexi was struck by the gem right in the chest.

"Wh-What?!" Lexi yelped, her vision beginning to fail her as everything went blurry again. It was similar to her disorienting sensation the first time she shrank but somehow even worse.

As Pandora watched on with glee at the sight of her handiwork, she proceeded to help her brother up and cackle a bit.

"Come brother... why don't we let these two lovers settle their quarrel by themselves?" Pandora smirked slyly, poofing herself and her brother away.

Vektor looked back annoyed but his concern was immediately deverted towards Lexi who writhed on the ground in apparent pain as she tried to pluck the crystal off her chest as it seemed to sizzle against her skin. Her hands were failing her it appeared, just as quickly as her other extremities. She'd remain on the ground as Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire all found their way down to the cellar to join Vektor.

"Just saw Pandora and Paradox making their way out of here..." Ruby sighed, "what the hell happened down here?"

"Never mind that!" Emerald yelped, noticing Lexi down on the ground, her eyes wide in shock. "What's wrong with Lexi?"

Vektor hung his head in disappointment.

Without the impedence gem on her person, Lexi was now susceptible to the untold powers of the paradox crystal and while Quartzarians were adversely effected by it, it was unknown what it would do to somebody from Primeria ... er... Earth.


"Wh-What do we do now?" Sapphire asked with a look of grave concern as she watched Lexi go from a state of constant twitching to a sudden stillness as she lay there.

Strangely, Lexi got up with a lack of hesitance, seemingly okay as she stood up but didn't say a word, looking at her cohorts with a look of confusion.

"Lexi?" Vektor asked, as the others leaned in as well, wrought with worry.

"Lexi?" Lexi asked, a sly smirk crossing her face. Her hands seemed to be twitching down by her pockets as if she were reaching for something that wasn't there, her fingers wriggling in a very methodical way. "Who the fuck cares about that bitch?"

The entire ground raised their eyebrows

"Uh... Lex?" Emerald asked

"Heh, wrong again ... but I guess that's to be expected ... if you asshats are as dumb as your costumes look I'm not surprised you can't remember names" Lexi chuckled, her mannerisms decisively different as her fingertips now wrapped around a pair of .45 pistols that seemed to appear on a holster that generated around her waist.

"Shit!" Vektor said, backing away as a crackling sound filled the air.

Lexi continued to laugh manically as her hair warped from brunette to a stark blonde. Her kindly brown eyes transformed into a decisively more cold shade of light blue. Her clothing, while remaining purple now incorporated elements of black and gray as she continued to change.

"...I recognize this person" Vektor stammered

"Heh, so which one of you mother fuckers am I going to waste first?" Lexi chuckled, now appearing as Roxanne Wright, "And don't be shy, I got plenty of bullets for all of you..."

"Lexi, please!" Vektor implored, "you have to fight it!"

"Sounds like we have our first volunteer!" the fake Roxie chuckled firing a shot directly at Vektor. Against mortals, the shot would have been fatal, but as had been demonstrated before, Vektor was immune to such pistol fire. That didn't stop the Faux Roxie from trying though, as she fired repeated shots at Vektor, then moving her attention to the others.

"Why is she shooting at us?" Sapphire asked, dodging the bullets and throwing up her wrist gauntlet to stop another shot

"It's not her, Sapphire!" Ruby sighed, also standing somewhat still as the bullet fire would simply clang off her Quartzarian armor

"We gotta do something ..." Emerald whimpered, "I'm not sure how long she can retain that form before..."

"I know ..." Ruby said worriedly, "Hey Vektor, you got us into this mess... how do we neutralize this?"

Vektor stood in stunned silence, trying to get closer to the transformed Lexi but anytime he did, she'd perform an athletic backflip, continuing to fire pulsating bullets at her former allies from what appeared to be an infinitely loaded pair of guns.

"Well?" Ruby asked impatiently

"I don't know!!" Vektor snapped, "I don't have a lot of experience with this ..."

"Hey numb nuts!" the possessed Lexi shrieked, about to jump on Vektor from above, "bombs away!"

Vektor simply blocked the attack, trying to grip her and finally succeeding in bear hugging her aronud the waist as she kicked and screamed, the fake Roxie trying to elbow her way out of the constrictive grip but Vektors strong armor just served as a means to wear the young blonde out.

While Lexi appeared as Roxie and seemed to behave like her, it wasn't a perfct 1:1 match, as she still seemed to fluctuate between tendencies of her former self and that of the familiar foe.

"Ugh!! Let me go ... let me ..." "Roxie" screeched, seemingly more helpless sounding than the real Roxie would've been in such a situation.

The three girls watched with frowns as Lexi/Roxie lost consciousness from everything she'd been through, her body going limp, until Vektor slowly let her go once it was safe to do so.

"We gotta get her back to the castle ... stat!" Vektor sighed