- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Emily's grip loosens, and she finds herself nursing an injury, in one final attempt to be heard...

Emma was in severe shock. Potentially, she was the only one left alive of the four, and at this point, she couldn’t find much justification for keeping on. As the realization of Sasha's fate settled upon her, Emma's grip on the strand of hair she was holding onto weakened. Disbelief and despair consumed her, clouding her judgment and shattering her resolve.


In a moment of absolute despair, Emma let go of the hair, allowing herself to fall onto the table below. The impact was jarring, and pain shot through her body as she landed with a thud. She felt it immediately.


“My… my leg! It’s… fuck!” she winced, immediately acknowledging she couldn’t hope to stand on it. All of that work, just to lose Sasha and be rendered crippled, unable to dare climb Amanda again.


“I have to… do something…” Emma resolved, not wanting Sasha’s loss to be in vain, but knowing that in all seriousness, there wasn’t much she could do.


She looked up at Amanda, still bobbing her head to the music, fully immersed.


Emma grimaced, before launching an arm before her, pulling her body forward on the table, towards Amanda. She crawled, and crawled, and kept on crawling.


Her determination propelled her forward, her injured leg throbbing with each agonizing crawl. She ignored the pain, focusing solely on reaching Amanda, the giantess who seemed oblivious to their plight.


As Emma neared Amanda's towering figure, her heart raced with a mix of anticipation and fear. She knew that catching Amanda's attention was crucial, but she also understood the risk she was taking.


Emma's body trembled as she crawled closer to Amanda, her voice hoarse from calling out. She reached out with her tiny arm, her fingers stretching towards the giantess, desperately trying to make contact.


"Amanda, it's me, Emma!" she pleaded, her voice filled with a mix of desperation and longing. "C’mon, we’ve been friends since we were kids! Please, notice me! Help us!"


A flicker of recognition crossed Amanda's face as she momentarily turned her attention toward the table. Emma's heart soared with a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe, Amanda would finally see her, recognize their long-standing friendship, and lend a helping hand.


But Amanda's gaze settled on Emma's minuscule form, and in that moment, all hope shattered. Amanda's expression twisted in disgust.


Without warning, Amanda brought her finger down, crushing Emma beneath its weight instantly. Emma's fragile body ruptured, and a sickening mixture of blood and innards splattered onto Amanda's finger.


"Ew... I got its guts on my finger," Amanda remarked, her tone filled with revulsion. She quickly wiped the remnants of Emma's crushed form on the table, her face contorted with a mixture of repulsion and annoyance.


In her final moments, Emma's broken spirit could only comprehend the depths of Amanda's indifference and callousness. The pain and betrayal cut deep, overshadowing the memories of their cherished friendship. The realization that her pleas had been met with disregard and her existence reduced to nothing more than an inconvenience filled her with a profound sense of sorrow, and as the finger obliterated her, she had the same question to ask as the other victims… why?



“I hate bugs…” Amanda groaned, annoyed to have even had to crush the insect that was on the table. The only good bug was a dead bug, she always said. If only Emma was around, ever since they were kids she helped her get rid of any bugs that caused her problems.


“I guess no ones coming?” she sighed. Looking around the room, it was weird to see these seats empty.


“Not something I want to get used to anyway…” she laughed, missing her friends dearly.


Amanda stared at the book on the table. What was up with that, anyway? She opened it again, then quickly skimmed through it, reading its pages and finding herself confused by the runic writing. "Oh… there's blood on this one?" she noted, seeing a peculiar symbol coated with a trickle of dried blood. “Funky. I guess I’ll keep it, since… no ones here with it…” she resolved, closing it shut once more and sliding it into her backpack.


“Guess I’ll put my boots back on and head home.” she said with a yawn, stretching her legs out.


Amanda leaned down to the ground, picking her boots up and sliding her slender feet into them, finding amusement in her socks as they disappeared into the throats of her Demonias.


Once her boots were securely fastened, Amanda rose to her full height, her figure towering over the empty club room. She glanced around one last time, the silence of the room echoing the absence of her friends. It felt eerie and unsettling, a stark contrast to the laughter and camaraderie they had once shared.


As Amanda prepared to leave, a wave of nostalgia washed over her. Memories of their adventures and inside jokes flooded her mind, reminding her of the bond they had formed over the years. She missed them all dearly, and was hopeful that everyone would show up next time.


She put the book and her salad container into her bag, then slung it over her shoulder. With that, everything she needed was on her person, and she walked out of the room, her heavy stomps shaking everything once more…


Chapter End Notes:

Did you forget about Michael? Well, he's in for his own world of hurt...