- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

*For ideas, requests or feedback you prefer to keep off here, you can message me on discord through the giantessworld discord server. My username there is Alec, and tag is carlisle94. I am now accepting friend requests.*

I hate it took so long to release one bloody chapter to finally wrap up this volume, but here it is! Work has been crazy, but I'm hoping it won't be too long until the start of the next volume :)

Until then, ENJOY THE FINALE OF VOLUME II!



Volume II Finale

Chapter 18

The Puppet Master


The eyes of Jacob shot wide open, his forehead in a sweat as the young man forced himself upright in a moment’s notice. Breathing heavily, he looked all around and discovered that he had somehow returned to the battle ground in which he had nearly defeated the magnificent Gullivette. Straggling survivors of the nefarious organization were scattered and beaten, two thirds of them dead and piled in masses.


“What the hell!?” Jacob panicked, standing to his feet as he struggled to remember how he’d gotten back here.


‘Impossible,’ Jacob thought in disbelief. ‘Whoever that figure was, did they bring me back here? Who was it… Why?’


“Jacob, I’ll be damned!” One of the survivors noticed him, and was relieved. Jacob and the man met eyes, as the survivor motioned towards the others.


“You see? I told you the bastard would come back!”


There was much applause and cheer, nearly all of them happy and relieved that the single most powerful man they’d ever seen had returned to them in one piece. Fearing a retaliation from the giantess at any moment, it was good for them to know that Jacob could at least protect them. Despite his surprising defeat, it was true that Jacob had proven himself to be the only one who could possibly stand against the giant woman.


‘They all cheer for me…’ Jacob thought in shock, unable to mutter a single tone as he looked around at the smiles and expressions of relief on those who now surrounded him.


‘I’m really going to do it, aren’t I? I am going to kill Avaramix. Am I doing it for revenge? No, the man hasn’t wronged me. So why? Why do I feel this impossible urge to slaughter him alive? Is it because I want to protect Annie? No, maybe Blaire? Or perhaps, because of no other reason than the fact… That Avaramix is evil.’


“Jacob? You alright?” The survivor noticed his disgruntled expression, as Jacob glared at him with gritted teeth.


“Don’t cheer for me…” Jacob murmured. “Don’t cheer for the wicked. None of us deserve it, not after what we’ve done.”


“What the hell are you talking about-?”


The survivor’s chest exploded, as Jacob’s hand pierced it clean before the young man ripped out the survivor's heart. The rest stood silent and still, their petrified gaze all on Jacob. After having applauded his sudden return, there was now naught but silence as they struggled to comprehend the fact that Jacob had now become their enemy on what seemed to be a whim.


“I see it so clearly now…” Jacob spoke in a sing-song voice. “I was always a monster, yes, that much was true. But there are many monsters in this world, and perhaps I’m the type of monster that was simply designed to devour the lesser ones. Of course, I was always meant to kill you. You rape and pillage, kidnapping sons and daughters from their parents, people from their families. How could I have allowed this to continue? How could I have allowed myself to dive into such pitiful hatred? Blaire… Her nature cured me of my sickness… Now it’s time to become the true monster I have always hidden from!”


A sadistic grin spread across Jacob’s face, convinced of his destiny after so much clarity had been set within his soul. Laughing maniacally, the remaining survivors began scattering in all directions in an attempt to flee from this madman.


“Run then…” Jacob whispered as his wicked smile grew. “Run from the monster… Whose name is, Nefarious.”




The tapping of the fingers on the table had all but drowned out the noise of machines and engineered brilliance. The broken remnants of Deita were sprawled across the operating table, her left arm and right leg dismembered and replaced with cybernetic enhancements. A contraption covered her skull, her eyes not visible as Auron was at the terminal programming the necessary components to successfully complete the process.


“That tapping is distracting, do you mind?” Auron respectfully requested, his gaze fixated on the monitor as he continued to program and code the upcoming procedure.


“I can feel it crawling through my body, this sickness.” Avaramix sighed, feeling weary as every passing day his illness was making leaps and bounds. All of the procedures and operations to nullify or repel the effects of his degenerative condition had failed. Without the means to slow the progression any longer, he knew his time was limited severely. Even now, he felt his nerves unable to send the proper signals to function in the normal sense. He was aching and sore, hardly able to make a closed fist.


“This is the first step to your cure, assuming we can obtain subject zero, and also assuming this procedure can be accomplished to the necessary degree,” Auron responded. “There, the necessary preparations are complete. Her life signs are fading, I had to remove some of her appendages but… I have secured the top cybernetic components to replace them.”


“Whatever it takes to save her,” Avaramix declared. “Will she… Be as she was?”


Auron turned and gave the man a somber expression. Letting out a withered sigh, he shook his head with uncertainty.


“Her mind has been broken by her own will,” Auron revealed. “While fractured parts of her brain remain intact, the other half will be overrun with computer programming to fill in the blanks. She will remember, but… It’s hard to say how much of her soul will remain. For all intents and purposes, Deita will become a living cyborg. The first ever manifested, and we don’t actually know if this technology can persist in a living being as it’s never been tested.”


“I see, so this is a long shot,” Avaramix bowed his head with dismay, remembering that one of the last things he’d ever said to Deita was how disappointed he was with her. How she was expendable. Now she was on the verge of death, and he may never see the true Deita ever again, someone he’d come to see as his own family.


“If it’s any consolation,” Auron brought up, “her undying loyalty to you, will be fully intact. The part of her brain that registers relationships and bonds, it is undamaged unlike the rest of her brain. It’s likely that though she cannot fully communicate or register who she is, she will absolutely be bonded to you by recognition. She will become your most powerful bodyguard to date, that much is certain.”


“That does not comfort me,” Avaramix retorted. “The serum isn’t enough to even be useful for my condition, what effect will it have on her?”


“It’s enough to power her cybernetic components, and will also allow her similar abilities to Jacob, perhaps increased senses and strength, it’s hard to say as this is all in theory alone. Despite Jacob and Gullivette being successful test subjects, they were by complete chance and it was uncertain as to why they were successful to begin with. Without Blaire’s genome, the tests are sure to fail. I need more of it, if we are to be remotely successful in curing your personal condition.”


Avaramix cringed, growing annoyed at the man. Though he had enlisted Auron’s aid for quite some time now, after having been revealed that Auron was privy to the knowledge of his brother’s death, Avaramix was heavily uncertain whether he could truly trust him or not.


“Tell me, Auron. The man of whom I have no choice but to trust with my life now. What are your intentions? Why is this negligible sample from those experiments over two decades ago not enough to treat my condition? Why is it so pertinent to the success of restoring Deita as whole?”


Auron raised his brow. “My brother was a fool, his own death was his own doing. You and I have worked together for a long time now. While I am dismayed at your deceit, I wholly understand your reasoning. This world is cruel, and requires meticulous planning and forethought to ensure we are not ensnared in the legality of this world order.”


Auron faced the terminal and began entering commands. The mechanical equipment surrounding Deita began to whirr and buzz, the procedure beginning as Auron continued to explain himself.


“I think your will is like iron, your intuition unmatched by anyone I have ever met in my life,” Auron admitted, entering the final command as the procedure to save Deita had commenced. Then he turned to face the man. “For someone who has evaded death for so long, now that it has come to claim you once and for all, you still are resilient and patient. Your will knows no bounds, something that is far too rare nowadays.”


Avaramix shifted uncomfortably, he had not expected the man to give him such praise. It felt undeserved, after all this time, his fate was solely in the hands of Auron now. Yet his accomplishments had seemingly gained Auron’s favor, a favor that might prove to be his salvation. He had no words that could be used to describe his shock and awe at this revelation.


“You don’t have to say anything,” Auron reassured him, sensing his surprise as Karn smiled brilliantly. “It’s simple, my intentions. I seek to unlock the limitations of mankind, of this reality in whole. When subject zero was created from that ancient sample, the Omega:Genesis, it revealed to me that my goals were indeed within reach. This sample is not enough to deliver results to the extent of Jacob, however, if we can locate Blaire directly, we can surpass power far beyond what Jacob or Gullivette are capable of.”


“And you wish to use me as your test subject, why not yourself? If the power is beyond comprehension, then why not yourself?” Avaramix questioned.


“Because I do not desire power,” Auron revealed. “I only seek to push evolution to the edge, its maximum potential, or break the limits of our evolution entirely. I merely desire to remain a witness, enjoying the fruits of my labor as those who allow me to experiment remain the benefactors. Avaramix, I am quite excited to see what manifests within yourself should we be able to obtain the necessary sample from subject zero. I think your evolution is the key to the next stage this world is yet to experience.”


“Or perhaps I’m a fool, and you will be my undoing,” Avaramix retorted.


“Then it is up to you to decide your fate,” Auron countered. “One way or another, I will obtain that sample, and I will create the world's first superior immortal. After the suffering you endured in your lifetime, I had hoped you would be more than eager to offer yourself. Perhaps after you see the transformation of Deita, you will have a change of heart.”


Just then, the operation halted. The sound of a successful operation was heard from the terminal, the last of the serum injected into Deita as all of her new cybernetic components became operational. The wiring that powered her parts began to glow ominously, energized by the mysterious properties of the sample that Auron had kept safeguarded for this precise moment.


“Incredible, it was a total success,” Auron revealed as he studied the results. Avaramix perked up a bit, looking at this newfound creation as he wondered if Deita would be anything like she was before. Her witty remarks, overly sexual demeanor, the lot.


“All functions are operational, her mind is fully restored from the damage,” Auron exclaimed. “Would you like me to initiate the program, and awaken her?”


“No,” Avaramix whispered. “Not yet… I am not ready.”


“Ready for what, exactly?” Auron was confused, perhaps too eager himself to see the fruit of his labors as he delicately worked to restore Deita, albeit in an inhuman manner.


Avaramix scowled as he looked at Deita, reminded of the betrayal of Jinshin. Whether Deita reminded him of his failure to see Jinshin’s descent into traitor hood, or whether he felt responsible after the last words he had spoken to the woman, Avaramix was not ready to confront Deita in this state. Not yet, not until the most opportune time.


“Auron, let us not waste another moment. Tell me, how do we obtain subject zero’s DNA? My most trusted assets are compromised, and Jacob will likely turn against me as well when he discovers our intentions with Blaire.”


“Fear not, I already have recruited a most trustworthy asset of my own, two in fact,” Auron smiled as if he had been waiting to reveal this to him.


“Who?” Avaramix asked.


“Ebedias Morrow,” Auron revealed. “Known only by rumor, an assassin who engineers his own weapons to the extreme.”


“I’ve heard of him, so he isn’t a myth after all,” Avaramix felt relieved, Ebedias was a myth among criminals of all kinds. In more ways than one, in fact. “Who is the other?”


“My own daughter,” Auron Karn declared with pride. “Zelena Karn, my flesh and blood, and the most trustworthy asset I’ve ever placed my bets upon. She has never failed me, not even once, and outsmarts every foe she has ever encountered, whether she won the battle or not, always gets me what I need. She will be well suited for this mission.”


“Then so be it,” Avaramix approved of these two, left with no other choice. He wasn’t ready to send Deita out on this mission, not until he had time to prepare himself for their twisted reunion.


“Let it be done immediately, so that we can make both of our dreams come true.”




The sound of the helicopter rang in the ears of Ghywin and Annie, separated from the survivors who were informed to take another helicopter. As they traveled across the desert, the two were silent and reflecting on their near death encounter against the formidable and nefarious Jacob.


Neither had expected him to be there, nor had they realized how dangerous he could truly be. Though Annie had secured the victory in a final act of strength, they weren’t so foolish to think that he had been killed. No, they knew he was alive, and they wondered when they might face him again, if ever.


The satellite phone began to ring, as Ghywin took it and answered the call as he gave Annie a hopeful expression. It was obvious who it was, they had been waiting for his call, their top official Whatcom.


“Whatcom,” Ghywin answered.


“Did you take the separate chopper?” Whatcom asked immediately.


“Yes sir, where exactly are we headed?”


“Valdez in Alaska,” Whatcom revealed. “Get Annie on the line, I’d like to have one last chat with her. This will be our last phone call, Ghywin. Listen in when you hand the phone to Annie.”


Ghywin turned to Annie, holding the phone up to her as he listened in. Grabbing the phone, and still feeling bruised and weak from the battle against Jacob, she held the phone to her ear.


“Whatcom,” Annie spoke somberly.


“Let me just say I was entirely wrong to have doubted you, Annie.” Whatcom apologized. “I’ve heard what happened, if it wasn’t for you, Ghywin and the remaining soldiers would be dead. I’m so sorry that it came to this, our enemy has clearly been setting you up for failure all along. Unfortunately the world now rumors you as an alien, a being from beneath the earth, or the judgment of mankind that God has been planning since the old testament. Needless to say, your nonexistent existence is now officially inexistent. Understand me?”


“I understand…” Annie spoke disheartedly. “Thank you for your kind words… But what do I do now?”


“The government wants you held in Guantanamo Bay, they claim it’s because you’re a threat to our national security, but I reckon it’s to put you back in the testing crucibles.”


“Oh…” Annie swallowed nervously.


“Annie, this line may not be secure, but my man operating that chopper sure is loyal to me,” Whatcom was whispering now. “Look, this could be a trap, but it’s all I have for you. I have no intention of making you an enemy of the nation, nor the world. After hearing what Jacob was capable of, I believe now more than ever that people like you are needed to stop the forces of evil in this world.”


Whatcom sighed heavily. “Annie, someone is attempting to get your attention from Valdez. It was first flagged in a police station, a small one albeit. Supposedly some woman by the name of Blaire is attempting to draw you in. Why? I have no idea, perhaps she’s part of the same organization, perhaps she’s an ally and might offer you shelter. I have no idea, it’s up to you to decide. Ghywin will be coming with you.”


“Shouldn’t Ghywin return-” Annie was cut off.


“Roger that sir,” Ghywin confirmed. “I’ll keep Annie safe and out of sight.”


“Ghywin,” Whatcom sighed again. “As the leader of the task force, you are held responsible for Annie. I’m afraid you are going with her, because it would be extremely unwise for you to appear back at headquarters.”


“I know that already, I’m not a rookie,” Ghywin scoffed. “I’ve been battling this organization for a long time, I suppose they had their opening to dismantle my team. Whoever this Blaire is, and why ever she is reaching out for Gullivette, perhaps we can get some insight on the matter. Until we can clear things up, I suppose it’s radio silence, sir.”


“Indeed,” Whatcom chuckled. “It won’t be the same without you two. Please, be careful.”


“Always.” Ghywin and Annie said in unison, as their chopper continued on to their destination to part and journey to Valdez.


“Do you think it’s another trap?” Annie asked cautiously, as the phone was tossed out of the chopper.


“Likely,” Ghywin answered. “I suppose we’ll find out together.”




‘At last, it’s all coming together now. All of the persuading, the meticulous preparations and manipulations. It’s only a matter of time until Omega:Genesis is awakened, the power within unleashed after decades of searching and working to get us to this very precipice.’


Alec entered a dark, cryptic dungeon of sorts. The walls were darkened, stained with blood as he approached the center of the room. An ancient temple, deep beneath the frozen wastes of the scattered Antarctic wasteland. His breath frosty, Carlisle made his way towards an ancient pedestal.


“The hour of twilight is nearly upon this mortal world,” Alec spoke out loud, placing his hand upon the pedestal’s surface, a soft glow emanating from the stone which copied the imprint of his hand. The ground began to stir and rumble, a cavernous howl echoing all around him as a giant wall of stone began to split apart at the seams. Opening as if it were a doorway for beings of massive size, a bizarre and wicked barrier was revealed.


“ALEC. . . CARLISLE. . .”


The temple began to shake violently, the barrier reacting to various effects as the mysterious barrier bent and shook as an essence revealed itself on the other side. It appeared to be a barrier of sorts, as the shadowy apparition revealed its gaze within the temple.


“I had to make sure I had more time,” Alec spoke to the apparition, approaching the barrier as he placed his hands behind his back. “The barrier holds, but even now I can sense your evil aura leaking into the human realm. The time is coming, you and I both know it, don’t we? Erline.”


A guttural roar of immense proportions shook the temple to its core, yet Alec seemed entirely unfazed. The shadowy apparition began to take the form of a humanoid, taking the height of nearly the entire temple ceiling, which stood at over a hundred and fifty feet tall, including the gargantuan barrier and stone door.


“HEED THINE WARNING, INCARNATION OF GAIA! THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT IS NIGH! YOU APPROACH THEE TO GLOAT AND CELEBRATE, BUT DO NOT BE SO HASTEFUL! I SHALL CONSUME YOUR IMMORTAL SOUL. I SHALL CONSUME EVERY MORTAL ESSENCE OF THY HUMAN REALM. ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE THEE! THINE BARRIER IS FALTERING ALREADY. DREAD IT! FEAR IT! RUN FROM IT!”


“I did not come here to gloat,” Alec responded, gazing at the essence of darkness that towered above him. For not the safety of the magical barrier before him, he would surely be annihilated by the presence of this evil alone.


Alec approached the barrier even closer, gazing up at this monstrous apparition with courage.


“Erline, the Titan of Darkness,” Alec declared. “I have finally found her, and I found those who resonate with her soul as well. Omega:Genesis is on the path of revelation, and once her rebirth is complete, the trials of good and evil will begin…”


“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MWAH HA HA HA!” Erline, the apparition of shadow, bellowed with wicked laughter.


“NAY… YOU HAVE LOST ALREADY, ALEC CARLISLE. YOU JUST HAVE NOT COME TO KNOW IT YET!”


“We shall see,” Alec spoke somberly, returning to the pedestal and placing his hand upon it, the stone doors now beginning to close once more.


“Until the time comes, enjoy the prison of your own making,” Alec hissed with a hateful glare.


“Enjoy the world I once cherished… The one you consumed and made void of all things…”


Then the doors closed, and Erline and Alec were separated once more.



Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a review and let me know your thoughts and feedback, and as always thanks for reading! <3