- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

*For ideas, requests or feedback you prefer to keep off here, you can message me on discord through the giantessworld discord server. My username there is Alec, and tag is carlisle94. I am now accepting friend requests.*

Tags update: Odor was removed, unaware and footwear were added. Some other potential tags have been removed completely.

Second to last chapter of the first volume, look forward to releasing the final chapter of this ongoing series. Thanks for reading this far!

Enjoy.



Volume I

Chapter 12

Facility


It was early in the morning, the cold temperature still needing to rise and the air was sharp as sin. Not wearing a jacket, Jacob found himself wishing he had remembered to grab one. It had been a long night, and he had cleaned himself thoroughly of the blood that was splattered all over his face and shirt. After returning home to clean up the evidence, he kept replaying the look of terror in Charle’s eyes moments before he had used his superhuman strength to pummel the man to a bloody pulp, leaving almost nothing left of him.


Jacob was standing at Blaire’s doorstep, having knocked and waiting patiently for an answer. It was very early, hadn’t even struck eight yet, so he was certain she might still be asleep. He contemplated the events of the night before, how he had felt compelled to reveal his true history to Charles before murdering him. It had brought a great sense of enlightenment to Jacob, speaking out loud the horrible trauma he had kept silent about for so long, unable to reveal his past to anyone because of the circumstances.


Knowing that Charles would never take the money, Jacob had planned on killing him from the start. He only tried because he believed that Blaire would have preferred a bribe over murder, but Jacob would have done whatever it took to silence that man and prevent him from ruining everything Jacob had obtained this far into his developing relationship with the bright, young woman.


It had been a very, very long time since Jacob had taken someone’s life. Knowing that Charles would never leave the motel room alive, he decided to give Charle’s exactly the information he was seeking in regards to Jacob, it just wasn’t what the man may have expected. It gave Jacob some relief, it was therapeutic in fact. Being able to describe what he endured, the nature of the cursed abilities that resided within his very being, it allowed him to finally break the silence without the fear of the consequences that may follow.


Just as Jacob was about to pull out his phone and call Blaire, who hadn’t answered the door yet, he heard the patter of footsteps as the door finally began to open. Blaire smiled immediately when she saw him, but she was also tired and confused. After it was clear she was happy to see him, she also wondered why he had come so early in the morning.


“I know you said you’d be here in the morning, but I wasn’t thinking it’d be this early.”


“I’m sorry, I couldn’t sleep. I can leave if you want to go back to bed.”


“No! No, I’ll make some coffee. I wasn’t getting much sleep anyways, and I wasn’t sure if the knocking on the door was me hearing things or not, but I guess I wasn’t after all.”


Leaving the door open, Blaire made her way to the kitchen as Jacob entered her home. There wasn’t much time left, as soon he’d be heading to this new facility and learning the details regarding his covert position as a security consultant, for the world’s largest sex trafficking organization ever established under the radar of the government.


Making his way over to the counter, he sat at a barstool and rested his hands on the wooden countertop. Blaire was wearing shorts, and had a tight shirt on that made her boobs pop. He couldn’t stop gawking at her, taking in her beauty as he watched her from behind while she made a pot of coffee. Eventually she took notice, turning and smiling at him.


“Staring at me?” Blaire teased.


“Maybe,” Jacob smiled. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”


She blushed, averting her eyes bashfully as she smiled and resumed to the pot of coffee.


“No… But you’re welcome to do so more often…” Blaire cooed.


“How are you feeling this morning? You said you didn’t get much sleep.”


“I’m alright, but I’m still worried,” Blaire admitted. “I feel like I’m on borrowed time.”


“You aren’t, not anymore,” Jacob revealed.


Blaire turned, a look of confusion on her face. She rested against the counter, placing her hands at her sides as she looked at him.


“How? Did you actually talk with him?”


“I did,” Jacob answered. “We reached an agreement, he already flew back home. Charle’s won’t be telling your family anything, so there’s nothing left to fear. You’re safe now, just as I promised.”


“Seriously?” Blaire was shocked. “How? What did you say? He seemed hellbent on getting me back to Seattle!”


“I told him the truth,” Jacob said deceitfully. “Now he knows what kind of family you have, and why you left. It took some charm, but tugging at his heartstrings turned out to be the convincing he needed to relent in his investigation on behalf of your family. They’ll never know you were here in Valdez, it’s finally over.”


“That just seems impossible to believe,” Blaire was skeptical, but she didn’t take Jacob for a liar, so she wasn’t sure how to feel.


“I have my ways,” Jacob responded. “I’m sorry for getting involved, I just knew how terrified you were and I felt obligated to do something about it. I may have deceived him some, but it was worth it to make sure you were safe.”


“I appreciate that,” Blaire murmured. “I guess time will tell if my family gives up their pursuit to find me or not.”


“I suppose,” Jacob sighed. “I have my orientation today for my new position. I may be gone for more than a day, I’m not sure how much is entailed in my new position quite yet. However, if anything happens, don’t hesitate to call me. I’ll always answer for you, Blaire. Always.”


“I know you will,” she smiled, grabbing the now brewed coffee and pouring two cups for each of them. She slid it across the counter, and Jacob grabbed it and took a sip.


Blaire walked over and sat down beside him, taking a sip of her own cup as she gazed at the counter and dabbled in her thoughts. Jacob then took his hand and placed it on her arm gently.


“I’ve really enjoyed the time we’ve spent together,” he said. “I want you to know that.”


“I feel the same,” Blaire responded. “You make me feel things I haven’t felt for a long time…”


“Oh?” Jacob smiled at her. “You make me feel the same way, Blaire.”




“What the hell is this shit?”


Deita looked around the room, which seemed lacking compared to her previous chambers. This new room was half the size, and hardly had the essentials to live comfortably. Crossing her arms with a fit, she scowled as she looked around with a disgusted expression.


“The primary chambers and other rooms are still undergoing final preparations. This is only temporary,” Jinshin explained.


“I just don’t get the rush to be here,” Deita complained. “Why couldn’t Avaramix wait until the entire facility was completed?”


“Because he needs Jacob to start supplying more product immediately,” Jinshin answered. “A shipment will be coming within the week, and Jacob will be here in a few short hours for his orientation. Avaramix will arrive shortly as well, he wants to discuss the details with Jacob in private.”


“I wish he would clue us into his plans more often,” Deita said as she examined the room and walked around. “It feels like he doesn’t trust us with much these days.”


“Haven’t you heard?” Jinshin asked. “A new covert task group formed by the president himself has been causing grief to the underworld. They’ve already put two other organizations out of commission, and a few of our own hidden trafficking routes have been bombed.”


“No kidding?” Deita was surprised to learn this. “Why wasn’t I debriefed on this? What kind of task force are we talking about? FBI? CIA? Covert military?”


“No clue,” Jinshin answered. “All we know is it’s hush hush, not even the branches of the military know the details, only the president himself and a few advisors. They are cracking down on trafficking as a whole. Their focus has been in regards to children, so our particular organization hasn’t been in their cross hairs, but that’s soon to change. Or so Avaramix believes. That’s why he is coordinating with O’Dias Karn.”


“Who is O’Dias Karn, anyway?” Deita asked.


“A major trafficking supplier,” Jinshin answered. “Though he’s in the hot seat. His cover was blown, not sure how, but his contacts are still running supply drops throughout the west coast. As long as he evades arrest, he can still provide the master with suitable means for mass production on Jacob’s end. Once the funding is in place from mass sales, he wants to resume experimentation.”


“I know all of that, I just don’t see the point,” Deita argued. “This entire process seems long and complicated. Besides, none of it will work if we don’t get Jacob fully on board… And he hates my guts, so I doubt he’ll agree to anything other than supplying us with  product from a distance.”


“Which is why he wishes to speak to Jacob in private,” Jinshin clarified. “Regardless, let us get settled into our temporary rooms. I’ll see you in the meeting room in a few hours.”


“See you then, I guess.” Deita sighed as she reached into her bag and pulled out the prescription bottle containing Liz.


“I’m debating whether I should enjoy her now, or wait until after the meeting. What do you think?”


“Why are you asking me?” Jinshin raised a brow.


“You know why,” Deita smirked.


“It doesn’t matter one way or the other. She belongs to you, so why should I care?”


“Because Benjamin seems to care,” Deita giggled. “Perhaps I misjudged you, maybe you don’t care about him as much as I thought.”


Jinshin frowned. “You know nothing of what I feel. I don’t want to talk about Ben anymore.”


“Whatever, tell him I’ll be thinking about him while I devour this little morsel later,” Deita cooed. “It’s settled, I’ll have her with my dinner tonight after we get business handled. That way I can rub one out afterwards, hopefully while she’s squirming around in my gut.”


“You’re disgusting,” Jinshin rolled her eyes and turned to leave the room.


“Disgusting?” Deita laughed out loud. “Darling, I am an enthusiast.”




It had been an hour's worth of driving, as Jacob drove through an obscure, gravel road that was nearly hidden off the highway. There was no music, no radio as he drove in silence. The gravel road seemed to go on forever, and he began to wonder how often he’d have to drive all the way out here whenever his duties were required. At the last minute he had been informed by Deita that a meeting was to take place with the man behind it all. Avaramix, that is what they called him.


While Jacob knew of Avaramix, he had only ever spoken to the man once over the phone, and it was beyond brief. He had asked Jacob if this was a life he could live with, and the answer wasn’t necessarily forthcoming. Things had changed now, as far as Jacob’s perspective and the lengths he would go to become filthy rich. Despite the money, however, it was not the ultimate reason why Jacob had decided to get involved with this organization.


There was a reason behind all of it, but Jacob would likely keep it to himself. The truth behind Jacob’s motives was dark and evil in nature, something that he had fought and buried successfully up until the very moment he took Charle’s life with his bare hands. Thinking about that late night visit, Jacob was pulled from his thoughts as he looked up and saw the facility in the distance.


It was massive, absolutely enormous. The entire building was camouflaged spectacularly, walls of trees and other debris surrounding the building for further stealth. In the distance Jacob could see that a massive security wall was under construction, it appeared they hadn’t fully completed the build quite yet. Pulling up to the building and parking the car, he quickly noticed Deita and a Japanese woman standing beside her. While he had never met Jinshin personally, he was quite aware of her reputation.


Exiting the vehicle and approaching the two, Deita was swift to give him a wide grin and a gentle wave.


“Jacob! Welcome! It’s lovely to see your charming face again!” Deita greeted.


“Hey… So this is the new facility, huh?” Jacob admired the size of the building.


“It’s not quite finished, but it will be within the week,” Deita informed. “This is Jinshin, you remember her by name don’t you?”


“Of course,” Jacob reached out his hand. Jinshin looked at it for a brief moment, before meeting his hand and shaking it.


“Pleasure to meet you,” Jinshin spoke softly. “The master is awaiting your arrival in the main meeting chamber. We should get started right away, and afterwards we’ll get you set up with your credentials and identification.”


“All business and no pleasure with this one,” Deita teased. “Please, follow us!”


Jacob grew weary as he hesitantly followed the two inside the facility. As large as it was on the outside, it was amplified on the inside. Walking into the main lobby, there were endless hallways and stairs leading to all sorts of various locations within the facility. How anyone could navigate such a maze was beyond him, but he also realized it was likely designed that way for security purposes.


Leading him down a seemingly random hallway, the amount of security and other criminal workers scrambled throughout the building as they prepared for the first shipment arrival due in less than six days. Doing his best to ignore them, he studied the building to his best ability, should the need ever arise to navigate it hastily. While he was willing to work with this organization, he would never trust a single soul that resided within it.


“We have arrived,” Jinshin stepped aside gesturing towards a door at the end of the hallway. “Master Avaramix wishes to speak to you privately. Afterwards, I’ll take you to the operations department and get you scanned into the system mainframe.”


“Whatever,” Jacob sighed, walking past the two of them and entering the meeting room. As he did so, Deita smiled at him deviously. As the door closed behind him, he was face to face with the mysterious man who was behind it all.


“Welcome. At last, we finally meet in person,” Avaramix greeted, no longer obscured by shadow, and his entire figure was visible now.


He had exceptionally long hair, shoulder length. It was styled, the man’s eyes a piercing red hue. This caught Jacob off guard, giving the man an odd look. His face was slim, but his figure appeared rather in shape. Avaramix wore business attire, appearing beyond professional. He was also tall, standing easily at six feet and seven inches tall at least.


“Ah yes, my eyes put you off, didn’t they?” Avaramix smiled. “I apologize, it’s a defect from a time long behind me. You see, I have a severe degenerative condition. Before it claimed me as a child, it discolored my eyes and left them blood red, so most people are usually put off by my appearance. Please, have a seat.”


“It doesn’t bother me,” Jacob responded, obliging him as he sat down at the oval table across from the older man. “What kind of degenerative condition do you suffer from, exactly?”


“Muscle atrophy, memory loss, immune defects and other symptoms I take ungodly amounts of medication to keep at bay,” Avaramix explained. “Which is why your cooperation with my organization is so pertinent. Your abilities will fund my experimental research in whole, as I find a way to cure my condition and reverse the effects that have long tormented me.”


Jacob was not expecting to hear this, and suddenly he felt his purpose meant more to Avaramix than making a quick buck. If what the man said was true, that meant he intended to utilize Jacob as a profiteering scheme that could single handedly fund any all research Avaramix required, which meant this was more than just financial gain.


“And here I thought you were just another greedy asshole wanting to amass wealth he could never spend,” Jacob taunted. “I’ll admit, you proved me wrong.”


“Money is the key to anything in this world that matters,” Avaramix responded. “Long ago I couldn’t even walk, and though my condition worsens, previous experiments had eventually led me to use my legs again. However, the trials were only temporary, and the fruits of my labor are soon to be expired. With the government working harder than ever to end sex trafficking across the United States, I have little revenue that I can expend. This is why you are so important to me, Jacob.”


“I don’t care about that,” Jacob responded. “And I don’t intend to be your wallet for an eternity either… This was always meant to be temporary…”


“Of course,” Avaramix nodded. “I don’t expect you to care about me, just as you know I don’t necessarily care about you either. I need you, there is a difference. We don’t need to pretend, that is wholly unnecessary. However, I was hoping a partnership could be in order, one that benefits us equally.”


“Yeah? How so?”


“Blaire,” Avaramix answered.


Jacob narrowed his gaze, scowling as he leaned forward. He rested his hands on the table, interlacing his fingers as he glared across the table and into Avaramix’s eyes.


“What about her?” Jacob hissed.


“I couldn’t help but receive word of a private investigator flying into Alaska and asking far too many questions regarding an estranged daughter from a particularly wealthy family in Seattle, Washington.”


“How could you possibly know anything about that!?” Jacob  stood up, slamming his fists into the table. This was not what he was expecting, not at all. He grew nervous and distrusting.


“Relax, and I’ll explain,” Avaramix lifted a hand to calm Jacob down. It half worked, as Jacob slowly sat back down, but kept his hands balled into fists.


“I’ve had agents keeping an eye on you, Jacob,” Avaramix revealed. “I don’t trust anyone, not so easily. Your hesitance to work with our organization made me concerned if I could trust you or not. But I see now I was mistaken. I must say, my agents scoured Charle’s motel room and couldn’t find a trace of anything that could lead back to you. I was rather impressed. I know why you did it, also. You did it to protect Blaire, isn’t that right? I’ve had an eye on her as well.”


“If you do anything to her…”


“Please, I wouldn’t dream of it,” Avaramix interrupted. “Instead I have a proposal. I am sorry to inform you, but Charles had indeed notified Blaire’s family of her location. He lied to you, because that’s what private investigators do. They lie to get their way, and money. His death is of no consequence, but her family will come looking for her again, you can be rest assured of that.”


“Then what’s your proposal?” Jacob asked, not entirely sure he trusted this man.


“A year of your time,” Avaramix proposed. “And in return, I’ll give Blaire an entirely new identity, totally legit. Her official death will be a tragic car crash, in the state of Phoenix, Arizona. Not only will avert attention from Alaska, but her family will come to believe she is no longer alive, and therefore Blaire will be safe. That’s what you want, isn’t it?”


“Just a year? A year of shrinking victims to fund your experiments?” Jacob scoffed.


“Not just that,” Avaramix admitted. “Jinshin has been a true warrior, and guardian that has kept me well protected. However, a new covert task force is on the move, and they are close to uncovering one of our smaller operations. I’ve fated it to be damned, it’s a lost cause anyway. The workers are small fish, and they know nothing anyways. A likely bait while this more pertinent facility is established.”


“Get to the point,” Jacob demanded, growing impatient.


“Of course,” Avaramix smiled. “I want to earn your trust, but I also need you to earn mine. I want you to be the head of security, not only for this establishment, but our primary operations when and if the time calls for it.”


“You want me to be a soldier for your organization?” Jacob was surprised, this was not something he saw coming. He was certain his duties would strictly involve providing products for their clientele interested in shrunken slaves and whatnot.


“Call it whatever you like,” Avaramix answered. “There would be some tests we’d like to perform for combat suitability, but I have no doubts you’ll be unlike anything my guards could ever hope to be. With your abilities, you’d be unstoppable. No one alive on this earth, can do what you do, Jacob.”


“Sounds like a lot of traveling…” Jacob complained.


“All paid for, and you’re welcome to bring Blaire along with you, as long as she remains within the town or city you reside during duty.”


“I’ll have to think about it…” Jacob lifted a finger to his chin in deep thought. “This isn’t what I wanted, I need a couple days to think it over.”


“Don’t take too long,” Avaramix warned. “You know how to reach me, should you come to a decision.”


Jacob nodded, standing to his feet and turning around to leave the room.


“And Jacob,” Avaramix called out.


Jacob turned to face the man, a somber look on his face.


“If you do decide to work with us, I very much look forward to working with you.”


Jacob nodded, but didn’t respond as he opened the door and left the room, leaving Avaramix alone as the man sat back with a smile, and laced his fingers together.


‘You’ll accept my proposal,’ Avaramix thought to himself. ‘Because you and I, Jacob, aren’t so different…’



Chapter End Notes:

Leave a review and let me know what you thought :)