- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Eyva, a tired worker is fed up with her current job. Tired of how the mundane life of her galaxy works for goddesses, she decides to pursue a research opportunity on cultivating and maintaining civilizations from scratch. Where she'll be revered as a powerful deity who shall guide their history and future. Her goal, per her contract is to research about certain civilizations during this project, but who says she can't go a little off course here and then?

Author's Chapter Notes:

New story. This shouldn't really be thought of as a sequel to 'His soul in the palm of Her Hand.' Despite being in the same world. Its more of a way of exploring more of this series and universe. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy. Please do Leave a Review!

This story will feature some cruelty and such later on, just from the nature of the set up. However I hope not too much either.

*Ding…Ding.* 


“I’ll be there, just give me a second.” 


Calm, quiet, assertive but still careless. A voice answered in response to a dinging bell. 


*Ding. Ding.* 


“Yes… I’ll be there.” 


The voice repeated. The slightest hint of annoyance being bred into her face. Her tone only slightly changed to match that feeling. Her voice, not too high in pitch but hoarse and strong, was rather distinctive. A noteworthy quality even.


“... Apologies Ma’am. I’ve had to stack some papers, you know how it is in the Centruous galaxy. The chain of command isn’t too happy with a lot of us quitting recently too.”  The voice explained, offering reason as to her delay but no there was no apologetic tone present. It was the mundane predetermined script of anyone working over the counter at play. 


“I understand. I get how it is. Especially nowadays, so don’t worry too much about it.” Another voice answered back. “You’re uh, Eyva? Is that right? I struggle to pronounce names from this region.” A polite voice no doubt. Her pronunciation wasn’t too far off either. She read Eyva’s name from her little job card that was attached to her work uniform. 


“Are you not from around here miss? Are you a traveller?” A moment of silence was present. “ Unless, you’re one of those-”


“No, no. I stopped working there. I’m here to meet my friend, her name is Aisha?” The voice abruptly cut off the worker’s. Almost as if she really didn’t want to be associated with whatever the two were talking about. Neither of which decided to elaborate further. 


“Aisha… Name sounds familiar. I believe she started working here a while back. By here I mean somewhere in this galaxy.” Eyva answered. 


‘Somewhere in this galaxy.’


Perhaps a daunting phrase. Perhaps a phrase many lower tier species may never ever even get to explore or properly comprehend the scope of. However, to the two conversing, it was merely something to take note of. 


“ I see. Damn it.” The woman stormed off from the help desk, sighing. An aggressive tone nowhere to be found. Only annoyance. “I promise Blyke, we’re almost there. Okay?” Were her last words before she exited the enterprise. Blowing a little kiss to someone huddled atop her palms. 


Sheesh. Some goddesses these days. They find a cute little partner and suddenly their whole world goes upside down.’ Eyva thought to herself. Not bothering to think any longer of the two, she quickly changed directions back away from the ‘help’ centre and began walking to the backrooms of her work area. ‘Curse this galaxy and its help centres. Its a fucking maze. One giant galactic mall. Planets set up in some solar systems dedicated to the sale of their respective goods, whilst other sectors have whole business enterprises, like this one. There's also research institutes and offices everywhere too. The whole damn place is one goddess hell hole.’ 


The brunette woman sighed. Exasperated. Her own thoughts were beginning to give her a headache. One she desperately didn’t need right now. 


Hopefully no one disturbs me now. I need to practise my presentation.’ 


Eyva entered the backroom of her little work place, where she was positioned for the hour. No one else was currently on shift but her, and she’d already basically finished her work for today anyway. So she decided to start practising. 


“*Cough. Cough.* Hello, I’m Eyva. I’ll be doing my presentation today on the degradation of the alpha, beta, Zetta and lambda class subspecies.” 


She paused. Raising her head up, making sure she was giving sufficient eye contact to her figurative audience. 


Just another 2 days of this. Then maybe the research institute will hire me… I just need to nail my next presentation.’ 

– – – 


“-On exhibit D, we can finally see that lambda class subspecies are incapable of ascending past a tier 3 civilisation. Their inability to rationalise together on concepts to unite political extremes as a species inhibits their prowess and potential.” Eyva mentions. Pointing out to a group of 4 goddesses. All of which sat down on chairs in a line, offering an imposing view. “ I personally believe that my experimental process would allow me to view not only an extensive look into why lambda class subspecies act in the way they do, but also perhaps a way to unite them together under an absolute rule.” 


The 4 giantesses eyed each other, 2 of which began writing notes on a screen via a special pen. Some form of a digital device. Quiet discussion was bred amongst them, nowhere near loud enough for Eyva to hear. She just stood on her stage, waiting patiently. Hoping diligently that her offer would be considered. 


“Eyva.” One of the goddesses spoke. “We aren’t interested too much in exhibit A,B or C. In all actuality we’ve already hired some individuals to run some experiments on such species. However, the Lambda type, or exhibit D luckily remains an open position. We can, perhaps, put in a recommendation for you.” 


Eyva eyes lit up, her voice howled, only barely masking her own excitement. “Of course, it would be an honour.” 


“Perfect,” another goddess answered. “ We will let you know about the offer soon.  We look forward to seeing results from operation ‘Start from 0’, as you’ve titled it.” 


“I promise to bring results!” She yelped excitedly. Her heart raced at how smoothly the whole ordeal was going. No longer had the butterflies in her stomach felt like giving her a nervous breakdown. She was almost done. All that was remaining was the offer. “ Could I get an estimate on how far the offer is? Like how long should I be waiting for?” 


“Are you familiar with Youlyul time? The idea that the blackhole at the centre of this galaxy has 5 large planets revolve around it? Each complete rotation of the largest planet is 1 year, with each year being 370 days, however each day is 48 hours long, as well-” 


Eyva interrupted, perhaps too eager as it was clearly rude to do so. “ Each hour being 60 minutes long. I’m well aware. Each minute I believe was also about 60 seconds.” 


“... Good. The offer according to that frame of time should take about 2 days. We hope to see you again in our facility again with an accepted offer. You are now dismissed, miss Eyva.” 


“Thank you. Thank you really. This means a lot to me.” Eyva answered. 


‘Having a research opportunity on my goddess record does wonders for any future job application.’ She thought. Gleefully. ‘ This is going to be the start of something incredible. I can feel it’ 


She raised her hand up from her sides, and clenched it hard. Forming a fist. It was her own boiling sign of victory, at the fact she has gotten an offer handed to her. At the fact that the intergalactic research institute of GASA, the Goddess’ Astronomical Space Agency, had basically offered her a research position. 


It was a dream come true. No longer did she need to move around in this maze of a galaxy, at the cosmic hub for goddesses alike. Where it was near impossible to find a permanent job of some kind. Her life as a freelance worker was over. She could live off her funds from the research project till its completion, an act that would take millenia to complete. She was effectively given a ticket to an easy, comfy life with little to no strings attached, as long as she followed her theory. Her grand experiment. 


No more meagre customer service, and the rebel life away from this galaxy doesn’t suit me either. I really struck Rubiliuem with this offer!’ Eyva thought. Likening her luck to Rubiliuem, a precious gemstone only found in the most secure and protected galaxies in the world. It was costly and expensive, powerful too. It was light years away from a normal mortal’s reach, but even for a titanic giant goddess like Eyva, it was still merely a concept away from her reach. An interesting thought she could dream of, for she was not worthy enough on an intergalactic scale to possess the gem. 


Well, I guess I can only wait for now.’ 


– – – 


2 days.


2 days had passed. To be exact, about 112 hours in the galaxy had gone by. Eyva was livid, she was excited, but most of all, she was nervous. 


It was a rare event to be changing careers, or fields in the scale of gods. Such folk often liked to stay true to their old ways. Ways that would have stuck by for however milenia that particular god would’ve been alive for. However, Eyva wasn’t like that. ‘For the thing that could drive the most change in a god, was their own boredom itself’. At least that’s what Eyva believed. The fact she was at the research facility once again, to accept her offer was proof of that. 


She waited for the doors of GASA to open. To explain in easier terms what she could describe the place as, was to imagine a high rise building in space. One that was somehow defying the fact there was no gravity in place. One that was stuck hard to its specific place, like a flag planted on soil despite that soil being an empty literal space in her metaphor. The doors to this facility on the exterior opened up to the great expanse, and the interior was a normally designed board room. It featured state of the art technological machines and devices too. To enter, it was mandatory that giantesses remained at a size of about 40 km in height. It was the size of the doors themselves after all. It was also outlawed for giantesses to be loitering about this galaxy at sizes greater than 50 km in height too. This incentive was put in place to create a sense of civility between the goddesses. To make sure nothing was unnecessarily broken or harmed. The sheer scale of things would make any normal, mortal creature quiver in fear. So much so that in the lost expanse of time, there was not a single rebellion from any lower tier species that roamed this galaxy. No one dared to fight against the titanic masses of nature known as the giantesses. Any thought of fighting against their vastly superior, enormous overlords would lead to infighting within a colony, eventually petering the idea out.



“Welcome, Eyva. I’ll be your assistant for today. My name is Olivia.”Greeted a tall, slender woman. Her golden coloured eyes and blonde hair gave off some sort of heavenly aura. Something Eyva was enthralled by. “I’ll be directing you to where your two type C planets will be located. We’ve proclaimed them via purchasing from a very fertile solar system that boasted incredible amounts of life. We believe from our calculations that these two planets will prove most helpful.”


“Type C planets? Those were, uh-” 


“The planets that are roughly 150 km away from their local suns. We find that these planets are often quite well made for sustaining life. The ones in particular we bought today also possess vast amounts of universal solvent.”


“They’re rich in water? H2O? That helps a lot I guess.”


Oliva pondered for a moment, as if remembering something. 


“... Actually wait, I think only one of them was. The other one wasn’t so much. Not that it should be too much of a problem, I’m sure you can find a way to fix the planet's environment for life.” Oliva explained as she giggled, slightly suggestively by putting her index finger on her lip. Eyva understood the memo, and also smiled briefly. 


“Of course.” Eyva replied. 


The two continued walking in the facility, eventually reaching two sliding doors. Both were of a stainless steel-esque design. Created to be indestructible. While it may sound impressive, it wasn’t a hard feat for goddesses to make at all. Oliva opened them by touching some form of sensor with her thumb. 



“I present to you, your two little, lifeless planets. Test A and prison sanctum A. As per the rules in our contract, we expect great deals of research and results from you over the course of the experiment. The greater the quality of research and results, the higher chance for newer planets. You are largely free in the manner in which you conduct the experiments, but do remember that we would like the results of the Lambda subspecies in particular. Other species may be grown and cultured, but the results ask for them specifically. A final detail would be to have a report finished every year about the significant events that have occurred in your colonies.” Olivia offered her great exposition, filling in Eyva in the key details of what she needed to be aware of. “ As you offered unity under great power, we expect submission from many of the cultured test species, but if any outliers are observed, please do also record them too. Thanks.”


“Do I take the planets home with me?” Eyva asked. 


“There is a nearby solar system we have purchased under your name, think of it as a benefit for working with us but it's yours now. We expect these planets to be moved there, to their sufficient distance away from the appropriate sun. As for setting up an atmosphere going and all, I’m sure you’ll find a way to do that in your own time.” Olivia further explained. Her polite but mundane voice was rather soothing to listen to. “ Have you planned where you will be getting the life from?”


“I’m thinking that any growing microfauna on me will suffice.” Eyva confidently answered. 


“I see. Well, I have to rush to see the other new hires for the research project. I’ll check up with you in about a month's time. I can also discuss your reports as well and see if any revisions need to be made.” 


“Sounds rough as an assistant.” Eyva commented.


“No, not really. There’s a lot of hidden benefits to the job, believe it or not.” Oliva answered back, sounding slightly offended. Eyva surmised that perhaps a sense of pride was something individuals that worked here had. She’d better not do anything to trample upon such things. 


Now… To move these two planets. First I’ll remove them from the facility and grow up to 50 km in height. That should be best for easy transport.’ Eyva prepared herself, housing her hand forward. The front of her palm facing towards the planets. As if by some ancient, powerful magic, like an act of science fiction they began propelling themselves closer towards her palm. The scene was similar to how a magnet pulled things closer to itself, however the planets remained just shy of making contact with her sweaty skin. ‘I’ve got a long way to go…’ 


– – – 


Solar System Centriolop. A vast region of space, housing a total of 7 planets currently along with a bright orange sun in the centre. To most creatures out there in the universe, this space would suffice for the entirety of their species’ culture, but to Eyva, a goddess, it was but akin to mere housing plot. 


She floated around in the solar space, poking her nose right into every corner. Familiarising herself with the details of her surroundings. There was an asteroid belt on the outer regions of the solar system, a few small planets near the sun and a few gas giants right on the outer layers. There was a small gap between the outer layer planets in the ring of planets and the inner ones. It created a perfect vacancy for the two planets Eyva possessed. 


All right, here we go. Just plop them down gently.’ 



Gently she released both of the type C planets, of which she had just acquired. Eyva made note of their red, desert-like exterior on the centre points of their globe. Whereas the north and south poles possessed snowy tips.



Eyva separated the ocean filled planet into 4 separate continents using the tip of her index finger. She ran it through the land mass, easily creating gaps onto the surface. Water flooded in and corrected any geographic damage. 


Perfect, should make for 4 separate colonies on one single planet.’  Eyva thought. Her plan seemed to involve exploring different types of species, and witnessing what works and didn’t work for each. ‘Well, also I need Lambda type subspecies. So just having more environments should increase the potential for more variants of them to arise.’ She hypothesised. 



As for the other planet, she merely left it be. She had no interest or need for it. It merely existed for now. Olivia had called it a prison to put outliers onto, so that was for now but a mere thought that lingered into Eyva’s mind. 


“Alright, I got planets, I got a solar system. There’s gravity and water present and light from the sun. All I need now is a habitable atmosphere and some form of life itself… Geez there’s so much these mortal things need to live.” She remarked aloud. As the deity that stood on the pinnacle of all others, she felt little to no remorse for any other creature that could have overheard her. Their presence was of that  little value to Eyva. 


“Well, there’s water already. I suppose I should grant this little planet the opportunity for life.” Eyva announced. 


She, almost as if materialising out of thin air, obtained a swab of some sorts in her right hand. She pinched the bottom tip, and plunged it into her armpit. Swirling it around. 


To think I’d be starting life on a new planet from the little mites that get to live on me. How lucky they must feel to finally have some use… Not that they can comprehend such complex thoughts.’ Eyva examined, somewhat harshly to the bacteria, virions, parasites and all other forms of genetic material lying around her body.


She removed the cotton swab from the depths of her sweaty, humid pit. It was covered in a sticky, only ever so slightly viscous liquid. By no doubt it would have had to have reeked of a foul odour too. Eyva, still pinching the end of the cotton swab, anchored her arm and moved it away from her own body and instead towards the planet. She then plunged the sweat entrenched swab into the cold oceans of the planet. Sinking it into the depths, away from where the light from the sun could possibly ever reach. 


‘Some life would begin from there. Now to seal the deal.’ 


Eyva extended her neck, and crouched down towards the planet. Her gigantic face blocked off the very sun from shining onto the surface of the planet, instead replacing it with a shadow. Moments later, only a few seconds passed. Her tongue extended out. 


*SPIT!


A huge, dredge of lukewarm, viscous liquid came hurling from the heavens above. From the mouth of the giantess, the god-like being that hovered from the lands out of reach from any mortal. It wasn’t aimed at any particular continent, but rather towards the ocean itself. 


*Splash*


As it landed, the very beaches on every continent shrank in size. The shorelines became deeper and caused a gradual decrease overall on every landmass present. Any tiny islands leftover were completely dwarfed over by the new saliva and water mixed ocean, where tsunami sized waves would eradicate any sign of island life whatsoever.


The game of life has begun. Good luck germs of mine. May the best pest win!’ Eyva snarkily commented. As she began the experiment of hers. Right from the moment where life could be conceived from a planetary level. 


Chapter End Notes:

Eyva’s notes


Day 0. 

The reasoning for attempting to start the experiment from non-sentient creatures is really simple. It allows for an evolutionary reason for any creature to look up and worship their ‘gods’, or i.e me in this case. Any and all steps in the evolution process towards their psyche and their general attitudes as a species can be documented and corrected too. The idea of starting with germs also helps as it prevents myself from getting attached to these creatures as they start forming intelligence and sentient thought. This allows me to maintain my integrity as a researcher. Despite that intention however, forms of communication may come to exist between us in the far far future. 

It has been hypothesised it will take a couple years before the first signs of more complex life to form, so I may decide to sleep for a bit during that time.


I'll still be making observations however on the progress of things. As well as speeding up processes where need be to hurry up the results process. I believe in maybe a month or two, I might try to forcefully push evolution down to go a bit faster. (*I would like to begin researching the Lambda subspecies after all, preferably before thousands of years have to pass for intelligent life to begin in a natural way.)