- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Barbara finds the traveler shrunken on a bench and takes her into her care

Contains: Feet, Entrapment, Sweat, and a Gentle Giantess

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Lumine was stumbling her way through the streets of Mondstadt towards the Knights of Favonius’ headquarters. She didn't know what exactly had caused it, a meal that wasn’t prepared properly or something, but her stomach was in pain. Lumine was hoping that Lisa, the smartest woman in the city, would be able to prepare a potion or some medicine to make her feel better. 


“I’m looking for Lisa.” Lumine gasped as she pushed open the door to the building. 


The people inside looked at her confused. “I think she’s in her office,” one of them said.


Lumine turned to the right and pushed open the door to the library, clutching her stomach with one arm. Lisa was standing outside the door to her office and turned at the noise of the door being opened.


“Hey, there little cutie. Did you come by to see me?” Lisa said when she saw the traveler’s golden hair peak past the door. “Oh my, you don’t look good. Come over here and let mommy make it better. Now, tell me what’s wrong.” Lisa helped Lumine through into her office.


“Ate something bad and it’s not agreeing with me,” groaned Lumine, “got any medicine or something I can have?” 


“Aww, poor baby. I know just the thing to help you.” Lisa said while she grabbed a bottle off the shelf next to her desk. “Here, lay down.” Lisa sat on a little bench and rested Lumine’s head on her lap. She took the cork out of the bottle and hooked her thumb into Lumine’s mouth to open it. “It won’t taste good, but be a good girl and drink it all, okay?” Lumine nodded. Lisa poured the potion into Lumine’s mouth. The liquid tasted terrible but she was too desperate to disobey the woman’s commands. “That’s a good girl. You did a good job. You’ll feel better in no time.” Lisa said while petting Lumine’s head. “Unfortunately I have some work today so I can’t take care of my sweet little traveler. Why don’t you go up to the church and lay down on one of the benches outside? Fresh air will make you feel better.”


“Thank you Lisa. You’re the best.” Lumine said as she got up. “I’ll come by later to return to favour when I’m feeling better.”

“I’ll hold you to that” Lisa cooed, blowing a kiss behind Lumine’s back as the traveler walked out of the office.


Lumine heeded Lisa’s advice and made her way up to the church. As she walked she grew weary and her head started to feel woozy. Lisa was right Lumine thought to herself laying down really is a good idea. What was in this drink that Lisa gave me? Lumine’s eyes drooped as she found a bench and collapsed onto it. The young blonde immediately fell asleep.




Lumine woke up to the muffled sound of her name. The floor felt soft and smelled of crushed dandelion seeds. She felt groggy and her vision was blurred. “Lumine?” She heard her name called again. Her vision started to gain some focus. The ground was a porcelain colour and had an elaborate criss-cross of lines running across it. “Lumine?” She heard more clearly and started to get up. The ground gave as her hands pushed and the whole world seemed to shake at once. “Lumine? Are you okay?” The voice boomed. Lumine instinctively covered her ears, shut her eyes and looked down. The ground shook again and Lumine felt herself being pushed upwards as if she was on an incredibly fast elevator. She could feel warmth coming from the floor through her calves. “Oh thank Barbatos you’re okay! When I found you I- Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry. I must be really hurting your ears like this. Let me heal you up.” Lumine felt a splash of water cover her entire body. The ringing in her ears stopped, she lifted her head, and opened her eyes again. 


In front of Lumine was a gigantic blue eye locked on her. She stumbled backwards from shock and hit a soft segmented porcelain wall. Lumine tried to right herself but the world shifted again. The eye drew back to reveal an enormous face. Lumine recognized it. It was Barbara. Deaconess of the Church of Favonius. “It’s okay Lumine. It’s me, Barbara. You don’t have to freak out,” the enormous woman appeared to whisper. The voice still overpowered Lumine. 


“Ba-ba-barbara? When did you get so b-big? Asked Lumine. The blonde took in more of her surroundings and realized she was standing on Barbara’s cupped palm. The soft floor and walls she ran into earlier were Barbara’s skin and fingers.


“I… I um don’t know how to say this Lumine. I’m not big. You’re tiny. I found you in a pile of clothes on the bench outside and took you home. You’re wearing the clothes of one of the dolls I play wi- used to play with.” 


“I’m t-tiny? Doll clot…” Lumine looked at the clothes she was wearing. It was a white dress, but not the one she usually wore. Lumine looked up at the ceiling. The room seemed to stretch for a kilometer upwards. She saw the tips of Barbara’s fingers in her peripheral vision. Based on how tall the fingers were Lumine judged herself to be around… 5cm (2 inches) tall. 5 CENTIMETERS TALL! The thought struck Lumine like a truck as reality fully set in. She had shrunk to a mere 5cm! She was in the palm of a giant girl’s - no - a completely normal girl's hand. Lumine began to freak out again. The tiny girl shifted around rapidly panicking.


“Ah! No! Careful Lumine! I don’t want you to fall,” cried Barbara, now also panicking. “Here, uh, stop panicking. We can find a way to fix this. It’s going to be okay. Here let me set you down on the table so you don’t fall.” Barbara brought her hands down and rested them on the table she was sitting at. The deaconess gently dropped Lumine onto the wooden surface and sat back up straight. “It’s going to be okay Lumine. We can fix this,” she reassured the tiny blonde. 


Lumine felt the entire world shake and drop away from her, further increasing her panic. Then everything tipped and she tumbled onto a hard wooden surface. Lumine landed on her face. The fall and hard landing brought the traveler back to her senses. She rose to her hands and knees and took in the vast expanse of the table. The blonde rolled over and was awestruck. The deaconess towered around 15 meters over the edge of the table. A new wave of fear and scope washed over Lumine as she observed the scale of the deaconess before her. The two girls were almost the exact same height before. Now, Barbara appeared like a goddess to the diminutive blonde. “B-b-barabra.” Lumine muttered out before she began to cry. “How am I supposed to find my brother like this? How am I supposed to do anything? I’m tiny. I can’t… I can’t…” and her tears rolled uncontrollably. 


“Ah, no. Don’t cry Lumine. We can fix this. We’re going to find a way to get you back to normal. It’s going to be okay. So don’t cry. Please don’t cry, Lumine,” Barbara begged. “Here. I know what will make you feel better.” Barbara pushed herself up from her chair, inadvertently shoving her hands down on the table and once again shaking Lumine’s entire world. Barbara stood in the center of the room, put her hand to her chest and began to sing. The melodic tone of Mondstadt’s idol poured over Lumine. The shrunken girl sniffled and listened to her friend's enchanting voice. “Laaa-lalalalaaa-lalala-la-la-la.” Lumine sniffled again and wiped the tears from her eyes. The blonde smiled at how hard her friend was trying to cheer her up. Barbara’s positivity and enthusiasm washed over the tiny girl and made her feel a little hopeful that the situation would get better rather than worse. Barbara stopped singing and crouched back over at the table. “I’m going to go get you some food and something to drink,” the giantess explained. I’ll be right back. Wait right there, Lumine.” 


Lacking any real choice in the matter, Lumine did as she was told. She took the opportunity to breathe deeply and calm herself. Accepting the situation as it was would lead to a more fruitful path than panicking and crying. The girl was a seasoned adventurer and she could pull herself together and get through this. Lumine tried to look at the positives of the situation: she was safe, she was with something she trusted, her stomach didn’t hurt anymore… Her stomach! That was it! The shrinking must have been an aftereffect of the drink Lisa gave her!. Maybe if they got back to Lisa she could fix this. She’d have to tell Barbara when the giantess got back. Lumine was really feeling hopeful now. There was a clear lead to follow up on and a potential solution. Lumine sat and smiled, proud of herself for staying calm and connecting the dots in such an unusual situation. 


Barbara returned a little while later. “Sorry I took so long. It’s hard to think of what a tiny person can eat.” The girl had come back with an enormous (relatively) plate of cut meat and vegetables. There was a pool of water near the edge.“It’s probably too big for you, but that’s the best I can do when it’s this late at night. I’m really sorry.” Barbara set the plate down on the table near Lumine. The shrunken blonde gazed up at the girl leaning over the table. The deaconess must have stood over 50 meters tall. Her hands dwarfed Lumine 3 times over.  The sight made Lumine gape. She stood breathless watching the giantess effortlessly put the enormous plate on the table. Lumine walked over to the plate. Its edges curved up to her chest. Lumine climbed up onto it and was greeted to the world’s smallest giant buffet. The tiny cuts of food filled her hands. The pool of water came up past her ankles. What was less than a snack for a normal sized person was days of food and water for Lumine. The girl hadn’t realized how hungry she was until she pried off the first sinew and took a bite. Barbara watched bashfully, hoping that it was good. After Lumine had finished having her fill, Barbara quickly finished the morsels that remained. The thought briefly struck Lumine that she was small enough to fit on a dinner plate. It made her shiver. She was happy that Barbara was aware of her presence and could be trusted. 


“Are you feeling a little better?” asked Barbara, “I still don’t know how we’re going to fix this, but I know that being sad about it isn’t going to help us either.”


“I actually have an idea,” said Lumine. The tiny girl had to shout just to be heard. “I think this happened because of a potion Lisa gave me. Maybe she’ll know how to fix this?”


“In that case, we’ll go first thing in the morning,” said Barbara, “The library’s closed and Lisa is probably asleep. We should probably get some sleep too. It’s been an exhausting day and it’s almost 1am.” The giantess let out a yawn. “Where are you going to sleep, though? You can’t be left out at your current size. Something bad might happen.”


Lumine agreed that being left to her own devices all night was a bad idea. She was able to fight off giant monsters by herself, but they might be too big for her as things stood.

“I have an idea,” said Barbara, “You can sleep with me. It’s just like having a sleepover.” Barbara remembered the times she was scared at night and slept next to Jean when they were kids. The thought of getting to be the protective big sister filled the deaconess with a newfound sense of purpose. “But where to put you? Ah! I know just the place!” Barbara shot up and started searching around the room. Lumine watched in awe as the giantess moved around. It would be impossible for her to get a word in at this point anyway. Barbara came back to the table with a white knee-high sock and Lumine realized what was about to happen. The tiny blonde attempted to protest but the giantess was in her own world at the moment. “You’ll be perfectly safe here all night. I can even protect you with my hydro magic just in case.” Barbara smiled as she scooped up the tiny girl and gently placed her at the end of the sock. Lumine attempted to fight against the girl’s grip but it was futile. 


The threads of the sock felt incredibly soft to Lumine as she scrambled to get her bearings. The world was moving, swinging and tipping. Everything suddenly rotated and the range of the swinging decreased. Lumine could once again detect the smell of crushed dandelion seeds so common in Mondstadt. Before the miniature girl could react, Barbara’s probing toes made contact with her and slid past to the end of the sock. Lumine rolled along the ball of Barbara’s soft foot. The blonde stopped face-to-skin on the sole as the giantess pulled the sock tight. Lumine was pressed into the girl’s soft skin. She opened her mouth to breathe and immediately began to taste the slight sweat of the deaconess’ foot. Lumine’s world was swung around and then rotated as Barbara lifted her legs onto the bed and laid down. The tiny girl was oriented upwards - perpendicular to the direction of the foot. Lumine attempted to reposition herself sideways. She struggled against the pressure of the fabric pushing her against Barbara. 


The giantess fell asleep, but her body registered Lumine’s movements as a tickle and began to fidget. She inadvertently rubbed her other foot’s toes against Lumine in the movement. The tiny girl was pushed deeper into the giantess’s sole, causing more sweat to form around her. This made Lumine attempt to struggle even more, tickling Barbara further. Lumine was gradually pushed into the furthest depths of the sock by the sleeping woman. The blonde was now prisoner between the ball of Barbara’s foot and her three middle toes.The massive digits wrapped around her shrunken body and completely surrounded her. Lumine became unsure which water on her body was sweat and which was from the giantess’s healing magic. She tried to resist but her efforts were in vain. Barbara’s soft skin, sweat, and smell were inescapable. For a single night, Barbara’s foot was Lumine’s entire world.


The tiny girl woke up with the taste and smell still burned into her mind. Her eyes opened to sunlight and a soft white fabric for a bed. Lumine looked around and got her bearings. She was laying on top of Barbara’s sock on the table. The Barbara’ head was cradled in her arms on the table. She was asleep in her chair. Lumine climbed off the sock as fast as she could. At the same moment, Barbara’s head lifted up from her arms. “Finally awake, sleepyhead?” the giantess asked. “You must have really enjoyed it down there. When I woke up you were clinging to my middle toe. Anyway, ready to go see Lisa?” 


Lumine, attempting to push the previous night out of her skull, simply nodded and said “Yes, let’s.” 


Lumine was snuggled into the collar of Barbara’s clothes as they made their way down to the Knights of Favonius Library. The giantess was carrying Lumine’s clothes in case she would need them when they got there. Barbara knocked on the door and let herself into the building. “Oh, Barbara. If you’re looking for Jean she’s not here right now. I think she’s out back overseeing training.” someone said when she walked in.


“Oh no. I’m actually looking for Lisa. I need help with a potion.” Barbara explained as she walked into the library. “Lisa?! Lisa, are you here?!” She asked aloud.


Lisa walked up from the lower floor upon hearing her name called. “Shhh. No shouting in the library cutie. Now, what can I do for Jean’s sweet little sister?” Lisa led Barbara into her office so they could discuss the matter at hand.

“I don’t need help per se. It’s Lumine. She's uhhhh... Well it’s probably better to just show you…” Barbara explained. She put her hand to her collar and Lumine climbed on. “She’s kinda tiny and we want to know if you can help fix it.”

“Oh, she has become just the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen, hasn’t she?” Lisa said. “How I wish I could make you mi- ahem. I mean, yes. I can definitely help her.”

“Really! That’s great!” cried Barbara. Lumine herself perked up at the news.

“Just let her drink a few drops of this and she’ll be good as normal,” explained Lisa pulling a bottle filled with a red liquid off the shelf. 


Barbara and Lumine both looked ecstatic as Lisa opened the bottle and poured a few drops onto the hand that Lumine was sitting on. Lumine quickly drank the liquid and began to feel herself heat up… then get bigger. 


“See. Told you that would work.” said Lisa pouring a few more drops onto Barbara’s hand. Lumine drank them up and grew bigger again. She now came up to Lisa's knees. “Remember, you need to drink this slowly.” said Lisa before handing Lumine the bottle. The blonde was now big enough to hold it and drink it herself. Lumine continued to grow. Up to Barbara’s hips. Her navel. Her breasts. Her chin. And once again Lumine was the same height as she was before.  The two younger girls hugged each other for successfully getting Lumine back to normal. 


Lumine would never be able to think of Barbara the same way. As the deaconess left the office she found herself looking down at the girl’s feet. Lisa, ever perceptive. Noticed Lumine doing this.  “You don’t have to return the favour for giving you medicine. You already did by testing my experimental shrinking potion. I hope my little cutie had a fun night.” Lisa said seductively. She gave Lumine a wink and shoved the blonde out of the office.



Chapter End Notes:

My first story ever. I'm not exactly happy with the resolution or the interactions. I'll probably revisit Barbara later because she has very cute feet.