- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright, I've had one vote on the previous entry and that'll do for now!

“Whatever you say,” you reply, tentatively placing your hands on her finger to steady yourself. Her smile stretches slightly further, and without another word she swings you back down. You yelp at the sudden movement, as her fingers uncurl and you fall out, about to drop to your death! But you’re caught again, finger and thumb pinching your right hand, and you dangle from Eva’s grip, legs kicking about over the great height to the floor. She uses her other hand to pull open an outside jacket pocket. You’re swung down over it and she lets go, so you fall. You hit the fabric and roll down into the deep recess of the pocket, banging against Eva’s side. She lets go of the pocket above you, cutting out all but a slither of light from above.

You brace yourself against the pocket, and against the wall of giant woman on the other side, as she moves away from the desk. Eva walks through the office and opens her door, calling out, “Daniela, get hold of Arnold and send him in as soon as possible.”

“Mr Church?” Daniela responds, uncertainly. It’s no easy feat to pin down the company CEO, after all, and here Eva is acting like they can just beckon him in.

“You heard me,” Eva says bluntly and closes the door. The exchange was too quick for you to think – maybe you should’ve called out to Daniela for help. But it’s too late now, Eva is already walking back to her desk, the movement bouncing you slightly against her.

Your giant captor sighs reflectively as she pauses, and a big weight knocks you from the side, her hand patting the pocket, reassuring herself you’re there. She murmurs, “Keep comfy. Soon, we’re going to really shake things up.”

You’re jostled again as the hand falls away and Eva goes around the desk to sit. Finally, you’re still, lying in her pocket. Eva whistles above, arms moving about, to the computer, her phone, and you quietly listen. It’s warm here, with the heat of Eva’s huge body just beside you. The pocket is soft and, despite your situation, oddly comfortable. You check your pockets for your phone, thinking you might get help somehow – but you don’t have it. Left it at your desk downstairs, a bad habit stemming from having it out too much at work. You try to slow your breathing, to not freak out, and reassess this disaster.

Yes, you’ve been reduced to a tiny size and caught by your vicious manager, but maybe this is an opportunity to be part of something special. It’s not like you were doing anything important before, and there is a definite incredible force behind this huge woman, now. Whatever Eva has planned could put you on a path to greater success – and once this technology has been proven, maybe she’ll turn you back. There’s also the possibility that Arnold Church might help you when he sees what she’s up to, anyway.

Or maybe that’s all just wishful thinking. Eva has a mean streak; she could make an example of you in some terrible way – dispose of you when she’s done. It might be best to creep out of here while she’s complacent.

 

[A] Better to wait this out and see; you’re safe for now.

[B] Try to escape.

Chapter End Notes:

Ah but we've ended up in similar territory to our first run through (1: 3), so you may wish to review the choices made before considering where to go next! Make your decisions... the more votes the merrier!

The full eBook is now available on my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/rbashton), from all major retailers (https://books2read.com/u/4EpAXY) in eBook and paperback, or from my Gumroad store (https://rbashton.gumroad.com/l/underthetable)