- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay we had a stalemate with only two votes for the last chapter so as today's the book's release date, I'm gonna just post both choices. Which is useful because they're both quite short.

[A] Go for it; you might not get another chance.

You position yourself carefully, as though turning back to Eva, to make her think you’re stopping – then you leap towards the door. It’s about five metres away, and your sudden jump clears half of that. Just a little extra scramble – but you’re hit from the side, Eva moving quicker than you. Her toe only needs to turn, a small movement that’s enormous for you, to slam you rolling over the carpet again. You stop, lying on your back, vision blurred from the impact, staring up at the tower-sized giantess as she stares from the sky.

She doesn’t look amused.

“Forget it,” Eva says. “You’re more trouble than you’re worth.”

She lifts her foot, and you trace the giant shoe with disbelief as the scratched sole rises over you. An ordinary shoe now capable of squashing you flat – and she’s actually considering it! Your manager, stern and cruel as she’s often been, surely wouldn’t step on you – murder you?

“Bye, bug,” she says, though, and you hear her cold dismissal. Yes, she would.

You quickly try to get up, shifting to the side, but her foot comes down. In an instant, Eva’s shoe lands on you, so fast, and huge, and heavy, that you barely feel it when your crushed into the carpet.

[Well that was a short-lived escape – good thing I've got the alternative ready for you...]


[B] Don’t risk it; give in and wait for another opportunity.

You drop onto your knees and hold up your hands in supplication, calling out, “I’m sorry! Please! Don’t hurt me! Give me another chance, I can be the best worker you’ve ever had! I’ll work double-shifts, weekends –”

Your giant manager crouches towards you, a massive expanse of blue suit filling your sky, and her hand swings over, bigger than you, fingers spreading. You stare in wondrous fear as the hand comes down, and you let her take you, no sense in running now. Her fingers encircle you, pulling you back into a warm prison of flesh, and you’re lifted off the ground.

You shout in fear as your stomach leaps, Eva standing again, carrying you up. The floor’s a deadly drop below you, as if you’ve been lifted as high as a mountain. Her enormous face rests before you, huge eyes squinting. Her frighteningly wide lips curl with a smile.

“This is perfect,” she says, her voice shaking you, hurting your ears. Almost as bad is the sight of flashes of her teeth, as big as your head, so big you can’t help but tremble at her raw power. “You seem to be functionally perfectly. And are spirited. We can have a lot of fun, I think. But for now, I don’t need anything except for you to keep quiet. Do as I say. Mr Church will be very pleased with these results.”

You twist in her grip, instinctively looking to the door behind you, and the promise of the rest of the office, all the other people out there. You were so close to escape, and you realise Daniela should be just on the other side of the door. You could risk shouting for help.

[A] Just do as Eva says until you can figure out a way out of this.

[B] Yell for help.

Chapter End Notes:

Make your choice!

The full eBook is now available on my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/rbashton), from all major retailers (https://books2read.com/u/4EpAXY) in eBook and paperback, or from my Gumroad store (https://rbashton.gumroad.com/l/underthetable)

***Update! I posted the wrong link in my earlier posts, and appreciate a bunch of people might've got the book for free. Which is a big downer for me if you intended to buy it. Please consider a purchase if you did; a lot of work went into this!***