- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay so we only got one vote out of the first entry, but one is enough to choose our course... You decided [A] Make amends; say whatever you can to persuade her to turn you back.

Let's see how that works out...

“I’m sorry, Ms Sanders!” you cry, holding your hands to beg mercy. “I can do better, I’ll do whatever you want! I can see now, of course, what important work we do here, and I promise – I promise –”

Eva rolls her eyes from on high and uncrosses her legs, van-sized feet shifting before you with unthinkable power. You gulp just watching her move, and talk louder and faster.

“If you’ll give me another chance, I can be the best worker you’ve ever had! I’ll work double shifts, weekends –”

But she’s crouching towards you, a massive expanse of indigo suit filling your sky, and her arm shifts out, a hand bigger than you unfolding, fingers spreading. You’re too enraptured by her vast size to move as her hand comes down over you, and you regain your senses just in time to leap aside as her fingers close around you. Too late; her log-sized digits encircle you, pulling you back into a warm prison of flesh, and you’re lifted off the ground.

You shout in fear as your stomach leaps, Eva standing, carrying you up. The office looks scarily far away, the floor a deadly drop, as if you’re being snatched up to the top of a mountain. Her hand turns, spinning you around to her face, as big as a house before you. Her huge eyes squint at you, her frighteningly wide lips curl with a smile.

“This is perfect,” she says, her voice rumbling through you, hurting your ears. Just as worrying is the sight of her mouth moving, with little flashes of teeth larger than your head, so big you can’t help but tremble. “Now, I don’t need anything from you except that you keep quiet. Do as I say. Arnold’s finally going to take notice – he will be very pleased with these results.”

Arnold? She’s talking about the CEO, wanting to use you as a demonstration for him? By the sounds of it, this will be as much of a surprise for him as it was for you.

As you process that, Eva’s other hand rises hugely next to you and makes you flinch. You try to twist away from it as her fingers unfold, but there’s nowhere to go, held here in her fist, and she easily pinches hold of one of your arms. Eva stretches it out to the side, testing your limits and making you squawk with surprise and a little pang of pain. Her smile spreads, satisfied, as she moves your arm about. She lets go and you drop the arm, wincing, before she pokes your head with an index finger wider than your skull.

“I knew it would work,” she confides, talking more to herself than you. “They’ll see I should’ve been involved from the start.”

Your worriedly watch her eyes, noting some malevolence in there. She’s not just trying to impress Arnold, but to prove something to him, and you’re a pawn caught up in this.

So what now?


[A] Do as she says and keep quiet until you can figure out a way out of this.

[B] This is madness – begging didn’t help, it’s time to resist.

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know your decision!

For the rest of my stories, check out my store on Gumroad, https://rbashton.gumroad.com, and support me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/rbashton for more from Under the Table and other latest releases!