- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay, just the one vote on the last chapter but it'll do...we're heading for the chair!

As Daniela’s feet thump closer to the desk, you run for the edge of the chair and jump. You make it just in time, as the chair is thrust back sharply, and you land on the slightly open drawer, your feet just catching it. You windmill your arms, almost falling back, but manage to tilt forward, steadying. A whoosh of air and a great movement behind you alerts you to Daniela sitting heavily down and you wince at the power of her. She scoots in, knees sweeping past under the desk, and you look up, considering jumping back to her leg or getting in the drawer.

You have to move, either way, teetering on this drawer lip – or you'll fall!

But you don’t get to choose: Daniela’s hand comes down towards you and you almost jump out of the way in surprise – but it keeps going, past you, and her leg-sized fingers hook onto the drawer top and pull it out. You get only a second to marvel at how massive her simple hand is, right next to you, before you’re thrown off balance and spin to fall into the drawer. Ready for a sharp drop, you actually have a soft landing, sinking into what feels like a bed of thick jelly. You steady yourself as the surface wobbles around you, and your arms and legs sink through gaps as you try to sit up, objects snaking over you. You try to shift again, only to wobble and sink a bit further, and you're forced to go still and try to figure this out. It takes a moment to appreciate what’s going on, and you almost laugh when you do. You’ve fallen into a pool-sized tub of gummy worms, bless Daniela and her hoard of snacks!

But as you’re celebrating your safe landing, the giant secretary’s hand returns overhead, fingers spread. You dive to the side, pushing through the worms with all the efficiency of trying to swim through a ball pool. You just avoid her enormous fingers digging into the sweets. You drop back to watch as her fist closes on a handful of worms that wriggle as if alive between Daniela’s fingers. There’s more than twice your volume of sweets in her hands, effortlessly lifted from the drawer, and you see up high that she’s not even looking, eyes fixed on her computer as she idly snacks. She opens her mouth wider than necessary, a gaping maw even for her giant size, and shoves the whole mouthful in. You’re transfixed by the sight, Daniela filling her cheeks with worms as big as your limbs; she pokes in any stragglers and gives a few rushed chews before she starts gulping them down. The secretary is so stressed and hurried that she’s sneaking masses of sweets without even chewing them properly, probably worried Eva will come back.

Moving reflexively, still not looking down, Daniela reaches out for another handful, her fingers spreading above you.

 What are you going to do?!


[A] She’s dangerous: take cover!

[B] Shout at her, time to get her attention!

Chapter End Notes:

Make your choice...

And don't forget the full eBook is available on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/rbashton), from all major retailers (https://books2read.com/u/4EpAXY) or from my Gumroad (https://rbashton.gumroad.com/l/underthetable).